Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria (44880 Views)

Which GSM Provider Offer The Best Internet Service For Smartphone Users. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? / Does It Mean No Internet Service Provision For Those With 2/3g Phones On Ntel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
slinkman:
seun, or lalastica, or any mod, front page, this has gone on for too long. we are being exploited
Sowi bro...
Even if its pushed onto Vanguard, no action'll be taken dis na 9ja and believe u me, we are gud @ giving lame excuses

2 Likes

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by iykepromotions: 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
though not a network provider but some of their excuses include lack of regular power supply and high cost of diesel. all the same government supposed to look into it and intervene. remembered one night i bought a N1000 airtime for browsing with one network but before i know it the whole data finished that same night.

2 Likes

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Mack3N: 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
G12:
Rubbish!

All thanks to TG, with 1k BIS and 6h for TG upgrade I get UNLIMITED access to the internet. I don download, stream and do everything tire.

I go soon go report myself to the network sef cos I no knw wetin I wan do wit such data agn. May not be truly unlimited but abt 900gig is allocated once upgraded.
Pls how do I go about this
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
omicron:
But we are not making any noise against it in an organised manner. So both Ncc and the network providers believe we are not serious.
hw u want make we make noice again... Oya carry stic follow me go ncc office, make we go break person head
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
denniece1:

I don't think Mtn bb data is actually unlimited, my own usually finishes.
its 3gb. not unlimited
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Randerl: 5:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
For Pipz quoting me, l just decided to up ma game. Henceforth, for every One Naira in ma MTN BIS subscription, it equals 1gb of download.

l can't waste my precious time chasing people and organisations dat don't give a fvck of my pleas for affordable and unlimited data plans.

//This thing take style fast. 2.78gig in 38mins//
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Randerl: 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
For guys using same plans lyk some of us, Just Use UC Mini or UC Browser HD. These are different from the regular UC Browser which can be slow at times.

For me , l use UC Mini it is faster and downloads like the UC you Know. It is a striped down version of UC Browser which can be downloaded from Playstore.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Fortifive: 5:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
Unlimited internet in Ghana is way more expensive. Don't believe the OP
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Randerl: 5:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
Fresh Start

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by 4stylz: 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
20GB and e nor reach you use a month?? Please go to ghana...what re you downloading?
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
Rextayne:
I think this network service providers and NCC are just playing ten ten with our heads,i wonder why we shouldn't enjoy the luxury of unlimited data like other african countries,this is just improper and completely absurd,and this is also a country dat boost of highest internet users,plainly pathetic,enough of this suffering and smiling.why can't we jus stand for our right must we always be treated like shiit always,besides i was in ghana couple of days back and i subscribed for a monthly data plan can u imagine i used that same plan to download almost 700gig of files(games inclusive) infact i was tired of downloading and switched to streaming youtube videos and other streaming websites unlike nigeria if i subscribe for 75gig it won't last me for 2days coupled with a snail lyk network,NCC are using our heads to play politricks and if we don't take action pronto,hmmmmm

Bro I dey Ghana abeg which network be that and how much?
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
Rextayne:
I think this network service providers and NCC are just playing ten ten with our heads,i wonder why we shouldn't enjoy the luxury of unlimited data like other african countries,this is just improper and completely absurd,and this is also a country dat boost of highest internet users,plainly pathetic,enough of this suffering and smiling.why can't we jus stand for our right must we always be treated like shiit always,besides i was in ghana couple of days back and i subscribed for a monthly data plan can u imagine i used that same plan to download almost 700gig of files(games inclusive) infact i was tired of downloading and switched to streaming youtube videos and other streaming websites unlike nigeria if i subscribe for 75gig it won't last me for 2days coupled with a snail lyk network,NCC are using our heads to play politricks and if we don't take action pronto,hmmmmm

Bro I dey Ghana abeg which network be that and how much? The one I know is vodafone 200gb for approximately 11k in naira
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by omanifrank(m): 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
y complain when MTN has been browsing for free till now
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
Yes you are being exploited. Since 1960
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Randerl: 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
Firing on all cylinders

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by 1stola: 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
THE THUNDER THAT WILL FIRE ALL THIS BASTARD NIGERIAN NETWORK PROVIDERS IS STILL DOING PRESSUP.
THEY ARE ALL THIEVES AND BLAME IT ON PDP, NCC AND CLUELESS GEJ.

1 Like

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
Nigeria is doomed... Just divide this country.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 5:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
The biggest scam ever is the scam from Data telecommunication providers!
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by manutdadex(m): 5:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
hummerwise:

Your points are clearly noted,
But I still blv there is always a way this netwrk can provide us Affordable unlimited internet, Becos I know and blv that, for every problem dea is always a solution to it.
The writer only mention the country he has gone to, and am sure in some country with the same population as Nigeria enjoy unlimted internet at an affordable rate.e.g S.A
u cant help but wonda aw we are sufferin in dis country..if he sayin cost of operation is too much, in a country of ova 120million people...abt 50million internet users..dats a huge market for any serious provider..d population wil cover d cost of production hands down..

1 Like

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by mecusbosco(m): 5:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
Warlord3000:
No wonder naija people are suffering and smiling..

Someone is trying to vent out his anger and trying to fight for his right..

And some people are here preaching about bypassing a barrier through a 3rd party tunnel apps...

Question is: why can't they offer us better package directly...

SIMPLE

Knowing your way doesn't necessarily mean bypass. It means knowing what works for a particular need. You can take a flight, train, bus, ship, keke to Lagos but with different price tag.

I currently use a Q5 with Glo network offering me 3GB @ 1k without any bypass. Isn't that part of knowing your way? A lot of people don't know this.

So instead of buying an S3 or Techno and looking for data, why not get a Q5, Q10 or Z10. The good thing is that u can as well use it in your PC using HOTSPOT.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by obaayo2: 5:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
use tunnelguru..dats d alternative..upgrade to premium and be allocates data of up to 900gb monthly I think
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Crispels(m): 5:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
G12:
Rubbish!

All thanks to TG, with 1k BIS and 6h for TG upgrade I get UNLIMITED access to the internet. I don download, stream and do everything tire.

I go soon go report myself to the network sef cos I no knw wetin I wan do wit such data agn. May not be truly unlimited but abt 900gig is allocated once upgraded.

please show me the way now I need for Etisalat!!
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Kolade354(m): 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
parrotibaba:
@op d answer to d guy's question is ...;

(a) We don't have a steady power supply so dis networks use fuel or gas or whatever to power dia various stations n in doing so ,de r wasting a lot of cash

(b) The two countries he mentioned (Ghana n Togo) has almost d same population as a single state(Lagos) in Nigeria ,do d math

(c) Still on d two countries(Ghana n Togo) ,it's easier for dem to cover these areas with dia power stations cos de r little compared to d whole of Nigeria n dats why some areas in Nigeria might hv good airtel connection but lacks in quality glo ,mtn n etisalat connections ,dis means dat d various networks can't mount dia power stations all over Nigeria cos of d money wasted in gas or fuel

(d) We hv d worst set of people managing d affairs of d NCC ,dis guys r crooks n cash whores ,almost every year ,one or two or three networks r punished n sanctioned for lack of quality network connections n r made to pay hefty sums of cash(so it seems on d outside) ,banned from selling sim cards for a month or more but after all dis shyte ,d network connections r pretty much d same or worse dan b4 n u ask ur self why? is NCC really doing dia job or r de just interested in d cash de receive from d networks?...

(e) The government (do I need to elaborate more on these fvckers?)
what abt united state and china. Let call a spade a spade our network provider and NCC are not serious.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
My Visaphone BIS is unlimited. I use my BB as a modem and my average download each month is between 35GB to 50GB (I'm a heavy downloader). So far this month, I've downloaded about 28GB of data.

The good thing about it is that it's just N1000 for unlimited BIS. So I'm amazed each time people complain of high cost of data bundle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
parrotibaba:
@op d answer to d guy's question is ...;

(a) We don't have a steady power supply so dis networks use fuel or gas or whatever to power dia various stations n in doing so ,de r wasting a lot of cash

(b) The two countries he mentioned (Ghana n Togo) has almost d same population as a single state(Lagos) in Nigeria ,do d math

(c) Still on d two countries(Ghana n Togo) ,it's easier for dem to cover these areas with dia power stations cos de r little compared to d whole of Nigeria n dats why some areas in Nigeria might hv good airtel connection but lacks in quality glo ,mtn n etisalat connections ,dis means dat d various networks can't mount dia power stations all over Nigeria cos of d money wasted in gas or fuel

(d) We hv d worst set of people managing d affairs of d NCC ,dis guys r crooks n cash whores ,almost every year ,one or two or three networks r punished n sanctioned for lack of quality network connections n r made to pay hefty sums of cash(so it seems on d outside) ,banned from selling sim cards for a month or more but after all dis shyte ,d network connections r pretty much d same or worse dan b4 n u ask ur self why? is NCC really doing dia job or r de just interested in d cash de receive from d networks?...

(e) The government (do I need to elaborate more on these fvckers?)

Our population should be an incentive, because these IT companies make more money here than in any other country on the continent.
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Sunkyphil(m): 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
#teamaffordableinternet#
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by obaayo2: 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
Randerl:
For Pipz quoting me, l just decided to up ma game. Henceforth, for every One Naira in ma MTN BIS subscription, it equals 1gb of download.

l can't waste my precious time chasing people and organisations dat don't give a fvck of my pleas for affordable and unlimited data plans.

//This thing take style fast. 2.78gig in 38mins//
Mind sharing with us?
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
Simeony007:
Well! Mtn gives unlimited bb data for just 1k! And if you know your way you can actually use more than 1 terabyte in just a month... Now is that not incredible?
how incredible is that?? You can't stream with it and if you try using opera they'll lick ur credit with joy, stop celebrating sh#t jare!
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
Of course we would laugh it off, crack jokes about it then forget about it.

"...Nigerians are not angry enough"- Nelson mandela
Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by smartdata(m): 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hello Everybody. Pls where can I get the computer furniture model attached below?

Re: The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria by Tobilastik(m): 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
Babysho:

dont mind the o.p..he has been outta Nigeria for too long...
MTN BB cheat
unlimitedly-20gb..i did dat
speed-2mb per sec...its ok for me o
price..just 100naira!!!
When i look at the speed and heaviness of me downloads...i think Ghana dey suffer!!

hi, pls, Hw can I gt this??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Set Any Picture As Your BBM/WHATSAPP Display Picture Without Cropping / Chinese Man Burns After Rushing Back To A Burning Factory To Get His Phone / The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.