Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? (10705 Views)

Poll: Would you wish an estranged ex happy birthday?? (Read the blurb!)

Yes: 47% (8 votes)
No: 52% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Do You Wish Your Wife Is Like This Woman? / Wish Your Nairaland Friend Happy New Year / Things You Wish Your Boo Never Finds Out About You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by topup: 4:40am On Dec 24, 2008
Imagine: you're a guy who had a pretty cool relationship with your ex (who is a sweetheart), you enjoyed the relationship whilst it lasted, but for some reason you broke it off, and it ended badly, you both didn't speak for several weeks, you contacted her, but it was only several days afterwards did she reply, then you ignored her reply, but she tried contacting you afterwards, at least 3 more times and once to congratulate you on your new job, you replied but soon afterwards you started ignoring her again. So she stops messaging and you don't speak for 3 months, and recently you're missing her and you sent her a text message a month ago asking her what's up and hoping she was ok but she did not respond to it, and now in a few days it's going to be her birthday.

Would you wish her happy birthday or?

Give reasons smiley
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by iice(f): 5:01am On Dec 24, 2008
No. Once the friendship is dead, it is over for me. The person is relegated to non-existent.
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by Nobody: 5:03am On Dec 24, 2008
Yes i would. We can still be friends.
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by topup: 5:04am On Dec 24, 2008
iice:

No. Once the friendship is dead, it is over for me. The person is relegated to non-existent.

Even if it is almost written on the wall, that you were the one to neglect the friendship by ignoring her several attempts to contact you?

Interesting.

Even though, a month ago you tried to restablish contact because you missed her (and the technique you used was very cheeky - not addressing the issue at hand at all.)
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by iice(f): 5:12am On Dec 24, 2008
Nope. Once its over for me it's over. I don't mean the boyfriend/gf relationship. I mean the friendship. If i made the[i] decision [/i]to not pursue the friendship, it sticks.
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by arramyjay: 5:14am On Dec 24, 2008
I will but few days after the birthday.
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by Moonstone(f): 5:20am On Dec 24, 2008
If we don't talk, why would I wish him Happy Birthday? I remember all my exes' birthday but i don't call them to wish them happy birthday sha unless we still talk.
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by TOYOSI20(f): 5:56am On Dec 24, 2008
Errrmm, that'll will be a big fat NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I beleive he is an EX, for a reason, so yeah, we both would need to really move on, undecided
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by ndumart: 6:55am On Dec 24, 2008
davidylan:

Yes i would. We can still be friends.

Am with u bruv.
Don't see anything wrong in wishing an ex HB.
Infact i still wish my ex happy birthday
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by ima1(f): 7:04am On Dec 24, 2008
nope i wouldn't even want my ex to know i'm alive, thats why i changed my phone number n moved, because i believe once it ends, you need to get over it n move on. on the other hand yes if we were still close friends
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by hollandis(f): 7:34am On Dec 24, 2008
topup:

Imagine: you're a guy who had a pretty cool relationship with your ex (who is a sweetheart), you enjoyed the relationship whilst it lasted, but for some reason you broke it off, and it ended badly, you both didn't speak for several weeks, you contacted her, but it was only several days afterwards did she reply, then you ignored her reply, but she tried contacting you afterwards, at least 3 more times and once to congratulate you on your new job, you replied but soon afterwards you started ignoring her again. So she stops messaging and you don't speak for 3 months, and recently you're missing her and you sent her a text message a month ago asking her what's up and hoping she was ok but she did not respond to it, and now in a few days it's going to be her birthday.

Would you wish her happy birthday or?

Give reasons smiley

nansense thread
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by carnal: 11:22am On Dec 24, 2008
for me Yes, i do wish my ex happy birthday even we don't talk, i still remember to call them on their birthday
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by topup: 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2008
I guess everyone's different, I would surely wish an ex happy birthday, it doesn't take a single thing from me, now following up on them and trying to catch up with them is a different question altogether. I would wish them a simple happy birthday, the way all of his other friends would, maybe by text (if he doesn't have facebook), or by facebook, or email or whatever.

If we are not talking, I still would, I am not someone who holds any grudge and I believe a Birthday is a way of celebrating that person being alive today and I don't wish anybody dead. I am happy they are alive, even the ones that hurt me, I am happier with them alive than dead (though they don't really contribute to my life eitherway). It just would be weird if they were dead.
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by ifyalways(f): 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2008
I wud surely wish him a happy Birthday even if hes the one that hurt me/called off the relationship.Deaths,Births and illness are things i dont joke with even if it involves a foe or sworn enemy.
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by touchmeder: 10:00pm On Dec 24, 2008
all these up and down movement me i nor come understand am oh undecided ''i contact, she ignore, she contact aftawards, u ignore again, send text, she nor respond''. is that not all time consuming not to talk of frustrating? if one is seriously involved with someone else would u still have all that time? i got nothing with being on speaking terms with an ex if things aint so bad, but in this case it would appear not to b d case. So what is d need. move on jare cheesy
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 24, 2008
touchmeder:

all these up and down movement me i nor come understand am oh undecided ''i contact, she ignore, she contact aftawards, u ignore again, send text, she nor respond''. is that not all time consuming not to talk of frustrating? if one is seriously involved with someone else would u still have all that time? i got nothing with being on speaking terms with an ex if things aint so bad, but in this case it would appear not to b d case. So what is d need. move on jare cheesy

na small pikin both of them be so no surprise.
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by Muza(m): 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2008
why would u wish him/her happy birthday,
wats ur business grin
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by NaJaHaJe(f): 11:26pm On Dec 24, 2008
am friends with all my Ex's so yes i do wish them a happy birthday.
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by Pataki: 11:31pm On Dec 24, 2008
Immediately she became my ex, everything about her became the past. I do not keep records of what pertains to her and I expect the same from her.

We all move on with our respective lives.
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by iice(f): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2008
topup:

If we are not talking, I still would, I am not someone who holds any grudge and I believe a Birthday is a way of celebrating that person being alive today and I don't wish anybody dead. I am happy they are alive, even the ones that hurt me, I am happier with them alive than dead (though they don't really contribute to my life eitherway). It just would be weird if they were dead.

It's not about keeping a grudge undecided
Am very good friends with my ex's. We still hang out, if they have problems they call me. But once the friendship is done, the person ceases to exist. The time spent 'wondering' if he's fine or 'what will he say if i contact him?' or whatever - is best spent for me doing other things. The person should please move on and stop bothering the other.
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by MrCrackles(m): 11:45am On Dec 25, 2008
Yes, i dont see anything wrong in it
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by skolars(m): 12:07pm On Dec 25, 2008
i will if am the cause of the failure or the relationship
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by SeaGoddes(f): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2008
as long as i dnt want to get back with him then we both need to get a life and close the chapter, it is the end
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by skolars(m): 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2008
dont say that
sea~goddes
dont mind my profile
its my dad
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by SeaGoddes(f): 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2008
skolars:

don't say that
sea~goddes
don't mind my profile
its my dad

lol cheesy cheesy grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by skolars(m): 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2008
wishing to chat with u privately sea~goddes at chidesty@yahoo.com
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by SeaGoddes(f): 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2008
skolars:

wishing to chat with u privately sea~goddes at chidesty@yahoo.com

c ur head u wished cheesy grin
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by skolars(m): 1:48pm On Dec 25, 2008
mummy plz now
dont mind this profile of mine o
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by SeaGoddes(f): 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2008
skolars:

mummy plz now
don't mind this profile of mine o

shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by skolars(m): 1:55pm On Dec 25, 2008
plz
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by iice(f): 1:57pm On Dec 25, 2008
Can you take you please chat somewhere and stop derailing the thread? undecided
Re: Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday? by topup: 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2008
Lol, yeah what iice said!

(1) (2) (Reply)

“I Got It From My Mama” Endowed Teenage Girl With Curvy Backside Says (photos) / Who Is This Buike That Teenage Girls Are Dying For? / What Will It Take For A Guy To Initiate A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.