Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics (55542 Views)

Amaechi's Supporters Troop In To His Home Today To Show Him Support(pics) / Crisis Between Fashola & Tinubu Deepens As Both Loyalists Declare War - TRIBUNE / How TAMBUWAL Betrayed Tinubu, Begs For Forgiveness!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 25, 2015
Sweetlemon:
What is wrong witth Igbos on NL? Seriously are you guys ok? As in seriously?
Fash may have deported some Igbos (who were most probably constituting a nuisance) but we all know that Lasg has the highest number of non-westerners in high places. Why cant you greedy lot be satisfied with that? Igbos are not the only people that were deported.
Why are you guys always fighting imaginary enemies? Seriously you need to work on your issues.

I'm proudly Akwa-Ibom before you tribalistic idiots quote me.

Another yoruba man claiming Akwa Ibom. This ignorant idio$t doesn't know that Akwa Ibom/Old Cross River fought along side Igbos as Bafrians and remains the biggest supporter of the Igbos in SS. You will never hear an Efik, Annang, Ibibio person speak negative of the Igbos and vice versa. We lost as much of our forebears just as the igbo for the cowardice and betrayal of Pa Awolowo. Let us catch your yoruba self!

Are you also a woman now? Pathetic Yoruba man!

14 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Atlantian: 10:55am On Jan 25, 2015
LordCenturion:

Lagos state belong to Yoruba, we will deport Igbo out of our land
Do not misunderstand me. Lagos belongs not to Yorubas from Ekiti, Lagos doesnt belong to Yorubas from Ondo, Lagos does not belong to Yorubas from Ogun or Oyo. Lagos also does not belong to Igbos resident in Imo, It doesnt belong to Hausas in Nassarawa. BUT LAGOS belongs to every tribe resident in Lagos. Whether you are Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or from Efik. Lagos belongs to every tribe resident in this State for up 10yrs. Lagos is NOT a yoruba land, it is a melting point of all tribes.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Temptee101(m): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2015
patrickmuf:
Igbo people and empty chest beating sef...Na wah for una oh!
Na that one dey pain you? Go put your head for moving train if it pains you that much

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Arysexy(m): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2015
Thief.nubu face be like, it's over for us! angry

They insult igbos, close their markets, harass them with touts.

Election time, the remember they are important.

On Jimi Agbaje we stand. enough of tribalists ruling lagos.

Lagos has metamorphosed to a megacity and needs a free minded unbiased governor not a bigot.

Meanwhile their supporters online keep on insulting igbos, Thought they said igbos are irrelevant?

6 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Collynzo419: 10:57am On Jan 25, 2015
Which mod put this thread on the front page

where is the evidence that Fashola is begging for Ibo support.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by ccollins(m): 10:58am On Jan 25, 2015
waternogeteneny:
Any Igbo dat vote for APC after Fashola experience is a sadistic bastard.

How many times in every year did Fashola close Igbo boys shops that he collects so much money as tax?

How many traders did he jail in Lagos? Wat about the deportation of Nigerians in their own country that caused problem between him and Obi?

Dumping Nigerians in the dead of Night at Onitsha Bridge?

We cannot continue like this. We cannot continue with APC. We cannot continue with Tribalist.

Vote PDP, Vote Agbaje .Agbaje till 2023
because strict legal policies that are applicable to any other tribe does happen to ibos does not mean we ibos will not still vote in ambode.. PDP are theives and will always remain one.. I rather take ambode who I know will do better than fashola than I should take a fool from PDP.. Agbaje is like his clueless masters @ PDP.. Am an ibo man and this is democracy, and any who expresses his choice for something better is not a bastard.. All PDP governors are a disgrace and I don't care what you say about other ibos who don't want PDP. So stop being foolish

3 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by obowunmi(m): 10:58am On Jan 25, 2015
Lagos belongs to the Yorubas thats why you have 'oba of Lagos.'

3 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by 4stylz: 10:59am On Jan 25, 2015
hedonistic:
Ndigbo will give their bloc votes to Jimi Agbaje and the PDP in Lagos state. No doubt about that. You can go round the Igbo dominated areas in Lagos and sample opinions.

Any Igbo person resident in Lagos that votes for the tribalistic and obnoxious APC is undoubtedly a complete bastard and should verify his or her true paternity.

I'm loving this

2 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Dvoice123(m): 10:59am On Jan 25, 2015
WHY BUHARI HAS NO CERTIFICATE: - Col. Ben Gbulie (rtd)

More light have been thrown on the controversy surrounding the APC presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari and his release of a Toronto certificate to online media instead of INEC by Col. Ben Gbulie (rtd)'s scholastic narrative.

The situation in Nigeria pre and post Independent where unqualified people are favoured against the qualified, made it impossible for due process to be followed by Northerners who wanted to join the army or high institutions.

Buhari joined the army in 1962 and less than 2 months to this date, he has a letter claiming to be a student. He was six months in Military training school and went to UK and stayed six months for 3 years course, there was no time in record that Buhari went back to college to complete his secondary school.

According to Col. Ben Gbulie (rtd) writing, "By 1960, shortly after Nigeria's independence, the Prime Minister, Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, had directed the Principal of King's College, Lagos, Mr. P.H. Davies, to provide places, annually, for at least 15 boys from the North, whether or not they passed the requisite regular entrance examination."
--- Col. Ben Gbulie (rtd) in "Nigeria's Five Majors" p. 36, published first in 1981.

"In an attempt to catch up militarily with the South, the Northern politicians had thrown out all discretion. They had lowered standards of admission drastically, settling for the minimum. For as I recalled, all the Northerners in my intake had been trained at the Mons Officer Cadet School in Aldershot. And they had become officers after barely six months of military training, whereas those of us who had been sent to Sandhurst had had to do two long years to earn the Queen's Commission. The implications were quite clear - and most disturbing. Not only had these Northerners become commissioned officers before we were half-way through our first year at Sandhurst, they had all risen to the enviable rank of Captain before we could even appear at the sovereign's parade which served essentially as a prerequisite for our passing out as Second Lieutenants."
--- Col. Ben Gbulie (rtd) in "Nigeria's Five Majors, pages 12 - 13, Published 1981.

"By 1964 a group of young Nigerian officer-cadets, mostly Northerners, had been declared academically unfit and hence repatriated by the Canadian military authorities. These cadets were however pronounced commissioned by the Nigerian Federal Government no sooner than they had arrived at the Ikeja Airport. Consequently they had had to be absorbed into the Nigerian Army as commissioned officers, even though they had received no requisite military training."
----- Col Ben Gbulie (rtd) in "Nigeria's Five Majors" page 13, published 1981.

"Zak (Maimalari) had held the rank of Captain in 1960. But before my return from the United Kingdom in 1963, he had soared to the top rank of Brigadier. In other words, he had risen from Captain to Temporary/Major, to Substantive/Major, to Temporary/Lieutenant-Colonel, to Substantive/Colonel and then to Brigadier, all within that short span of time. It was just scandalous".

It is a shame that Buhari entered the Army with a false document and not meeting the prerequisite and insisting on contesting for the 2015 presidential election, knowing fully well that he has no secondary school certificate.

If Buhari is man enough, let him submit the doctored 'school certificate' to INEC or any government department and he will earn himself a ticket to prison.

Nigeria Must not be drawn back to another mediocre, his joke is getting out of hand.

POSTSCRIPT: HAROLD SMITH - BRITISH COLONIALIST'S CONFESSION

''The north was seriously encouraged to go into the military. According to him, they believe that the south may attend western education, but future leaders will always come from military background. Their traditional rulers were to be made influential and super human. The northerners were given accelerated promotions both in the military and civil service to justify their superiority over the south. Everything was to work against the south. We truncated their good plan for their future. “I was very sorry for the A.G; it was a great party too much for African standard. We planned to destroy Awolowo and Azikwe well, the west and the east and sowed a seed of discord among them”. We tricked Azikwe into accepting to be president having known that Balewa will be the main man with power. Awolowo has to go to jail to cripple his genius plans for a greater Nigeria. ‘’Looking at the northern leaders now , If they have any agenda in Nigeria at all, sadly it is only for the north, and nothing for Nigeria....’’

http://haroldsmithmemorial./tv-interview/ "Study the past if you would define the future." – Confucius; “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” -George Santayana

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by shamecurls(m): 10:59am On Jan 25, 2015
Temptee101:
Which long term goals?
Long term goals of stealing and looting?
We are tired of thieves and bigots.

Then leave the state, afteral you re not an indigene and i want to believe your state should be better than Lagos as the Governor is not a thief and bigot like Fashola. #NaByForce

2 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by tzoracle: 11:00am On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:
I have always said it. Ndigbos have no future supporting the Ijaws. What is their political prowess in Nigeria?

We need to work out a way to either form an allegiance with the yorubas or Hausa if we are ever gonna make the most out of Nigeria, or we fight together for our sovereignty.

And let the blood of our fore fathers be in vain?
What we need is one spirit and unity

3 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Gbawe: 11:00am On Jan 25, 2015
Egbami OOOO !!!!! Why are some people so sentimental and completely devoid of pragmatic reasoning? Fashola, during election campaigning, holds up a card saying "Ambode Ndigbo choice" and that amounts to "begging"? What is wrong with some people? When will you guys learn to play the game and begin viewing politics dispassionately as a means to an end ? When will you ever shun sentiments to partake in politics without rancour, vengefulness, bitterness and ethnocentric obstinacy? When will you guys develop some maturity?

This is bog standard electioneering practice of appealing to all blocs that only ethnocentric rabble-rousers and vainglorious n1twits will read anything into. When Ambode wins with a landslide victory then it will be obvious to you bitter folks why Fashola was holding up that poster while you bitter, vendetta-driven and empty losers were ranting impotently in cyberspace about APC "marginalisation" and similar ridiculous lies that are the figment of your imagination related to your siege mentality and persecution complex. As if we do not know that 95% of the loud-mouths on this thread are empty chest-beaters and confused charlatans who are not even Lagosians.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Coraje(m): 11:01am On Jan 25, 2015
From social media I notice that most igbos are very very tribalistic. I see these people, joke and laugh with them everyday only to come to social media to know what they really think of yoruba people.
It's very bad. Aren't we all humans.
Well whether you like it or not APC is winning Lagos state.
And I'm sorry to say..... you have no say in this.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Rexnegro(m): 11:03am On Jan 25, 2015
Atlantian:
We MUST congratulate Jega for implementation of the PVC voting system. It's time to prove that Lagos is no man's land.
I dare u to go to isale eko,awori , badagry etc and say lagos is no man's land o. Only then u will be thought a lesson that if u survive it that truly there are millions of lagos indigenes.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Alphaoscar: 11:03am On Jan 25, 2015
The caption is very very wrong because the banner Fashola was holding was actually donated by Ndigbo support group to APC and the party's candidate.

It is very normal for parties to canvass for vote across interest groups but I verily welcomed the resolution of the irrelevant view sadist masquerading as Ndigbo's to support Jimi and the result of this election will forever place them them where they rightly belong.

APC as a party and Yorubas appreciate the intellectual sagacity of the real Ndigbos throughout the yorubaland assure them of continued support and peaceful stay in their place of abode.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by GoldHorse(m): 11:03am On Jan 25, 2015
I don't believe in tribes. I believe in individuals. One of my best pals is a cool Ibo dude named Peter but the truth must be told.

The Ibos are the most tribalistic of the Nigerian tribes. How? Have you tried owning a land,.shop or a house in any of the eastern towns?! Pls try it's and see how easy it is. They will put so many issues up to discourage u that u will abandon the project. Yet we have Ibos who are given post and even contesting elections here.

I don't know why you guys cannot be appreciative of Lagos and it's people. Can any other tribes be that well accommodated and tolerated in your lands as you have been accomodated here? Or is Ibo land not in the same Nigeria. And you come here and start threatening your landlord!!!
See if landlord snatch tenant wife na tenant go go and if na tenant attempt it na hin go still go.

I like you guys but note that you can't survive without us! You have d business acumen (which we still do too) but we have the purchasing power. If you don't believe it what are all of you doing here flexing muscle in Lagos. Show me one successful and influential Ibo man without a Lagos connection?!
You guys are ok but don't push it! If Nigeria breaks up now you people will suffer d most.

Yorubas might not be ok (in some of you people's opinion) but you owe us some level of gratitude. A person that accommodate you has solve one vital problem for you and deserves your respect no matter what.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Temptee101(m): 11:04am On Jan 25, 2015
Collynzo419:

This one is looking for evidence....hahahahaha!!!

Please first show us the evidence that you are not thinking with your a.nus
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by OLAMIFRESH: 11:04am On Jan 25, 2015
NDIGBO RE MINORITY
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by austinslimzy(m): 11:04am On Jan 25, 2015
Nidigbo plsss to save urself frm thieve's dt wil lie for us evry tym is APC oooo..dnt dere vote for dem ooo if u dnt want ur shop n buzz be lock agn ...PLS VOTE PDP ...JIMI IS D RIGHT MAN FOR LAGOS.....PDP POWER FOR NIDIGBO......NO VACANCY IN ASO ROCK .....GEJ FOR LIVE 2019

4 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Atlantian: 11:05am On Jan 25, 2015
Rexnegro:

I dare u to go to isale eko,awori , badagry etc and say lagos is no man's land o. Only then u will be thought a lesson that if u survive it that truly there are millions of lagos indigenes.
Story.
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by abbey621(m): 11:05am On Jan 25, 2015
All it takes is to look at the comments on this page and you'll see why many of the Igbos are detested especially in Yorubaland. The arrogant nature and lack of respect just baffles me, you give them a little space they try to take your entire house, seriously I think Igbos should all come together and organize enlightenment seminars, it does not pay to be too aggressive, sometimes gentility gets the job done.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Atlantian: 11:06am On Jan 25, 2015
Rexnegro:

Why is Fashola and Tinubu begging Igbos for vote then ? Why dont they depend on the "phantom millions" for votes? Need I mention 89% of Satellite town are Igbos ? 96% of Alaba are Igbos ? Who I mention Trade Fair ? Agric. What of Lekki Axis that is 67% Igbos ? Una dey learn. PVC will show una pepper very soon.

The fear of PVC is the beginning of Wisdom.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by kramer: 11:06am On Jan 25, 2015
patrickmuf:
Igbo people and empty chest beating sef...Na wah for una oh!

grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Rexnegro(m): 11:08am On Jan 25, 2015
obowunmi:
Lagos belongs to the Yorubas thats why you have 'oba of Lagos.'

Gbam as simple as that.
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Alphaoscar: 11:09am On Jan 25, 2015
Gbawe:
Egbami OOOO !!!!! Why are some people so sentimental and completely devoid of pragmatic reasoning? Fashola, during election campaigning, holds up a card saying "Ambode Ndigbo choice" and that amounts to "begging"? What is wrong with some people? When will you guys learn to play the game and begin viewing politics dispassionately as a means to an end ? When will you ever shun sentiments to partake in politics without rancour, vengefulness, bitterness and ethnocentric obstinacy? When will you guys develop some maturity?

This is bog standard electioneering practice of appealing to all blocs that only ethnocentric rabble-rousers and vainglorious n1twits will read anything into. When Ambode wins with a landslide victory then it will be obvious to you bitter folks why Fashola was holding up that poster while you bitter, vendetta-driven and empty losers were ranting impotently in cyberspace about APC "marginalisation" and similar ridiculous lies that are the figment of your imagination related to your siege mentality and persecution complex. As if we do not know that 95% of the loud-mouths on this thread are empty chest-beaters and confused charlatans who are not even Lagosians.

Exactly what I stated above. Even the mod that move such a thread with that irresponsible caption need to bury his head in shame. The banner was donated by the sensible Ndigbos in Lagos while the emptyheads are here beating their chests.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by austino12(m): 11:09am On Jan 25, 2015
we Igbos are only remembered during election peroid abeg make una leave us alone ooo

3 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Temptee101(m): 11:09am On Jan 25, 2015
shamecurls:

Then leave the state, afteral you re not an indigene and i want to believe your state should be better than Lagos as the Governor is not a thief and bigot like Fashola. #NaByForce
The Igbos made Lagos what it is today.
The Igbos built Lagos up to this level; also brought Lagos to the world's searchlight both economically, financially and otherwise.

No one can underestimate the influence of Igbos in the world at large.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Gbawe: 11:09am On Jan 25, 2015
Collynzo419:

Bruv, it is only "begging" as interpreted by ethnocentric and vendetta-obsessed minds. This is simple politicking and it shows you the childish world some losers live in when they can interpret Fashola's action as anything different to what politicians do worldwide to get electoral support from all relevant voting blocs. It is just so irritating to see some Nigerians displaying this level of backwardness and childish idiocy.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/politicking

politicking
[pol-i-tik-ing]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
[size=16pt]activity undertaken for political reasons or ends, as campaigning for votes before an election, making speeches, etc., or otherwise promoting oneself or one's policies.[/size]
Origin

4 Likes

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 25, 2015
new2020:

Another yoruba man claiming Akwa Ibom. This ignorant idio$t doesn't know that Akwa Ibom/Old Cross River fought along side Igbos as Bafrians and remains the biggest supporter of the Igbos in SS. You will never hear an Efik, Annang, Ibibio person speak negative of the Igbos and vice versa. We lost as much of our forebears just as the igbo for the cowardice and betrayal of Pa Awolowo. Let us catch your yoruba self!

Are you also a woman now? Pathetic Yoruba man!

You are deluded.
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Atlantian: 11:11am On Jan 25, 2015
austino12:
we Igbos are only remembered during election peroid abeg make una leave us alone ooo

Go out and Vote Jimi Agbaje. He is not a tribalist when compared to Fashola and his gang of anointed Amala-fuckers.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 25, 2015
Tinubu may not be a tribalist. But he allowed lots of tribalist in Lagos APC. The same can be said of Fashola a good gentleman who allowed hard core tribalists in his government dictate policies for him. Anybody vieing for Governorship position in Lagos must understand that the city has overtime evolved as a melting pot of all ethnic groups in Nigeria and must carry everyone along in its policy making. This is one factor Agbaje is trying to sell to lagosians. Tinubu understood it quite well just like the sage Jakande, yet he allowed ethnic bigots (who are not even indigenes of the state) carry out their sadistic plans.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics by Rexnegro(m): 11:12am On Jan 25, 2015
Atlantian:
Why is Fashola and Tinubu begging Igbos for vote then ? Why dont they depend on the "phantom millions" for votes? Need I mention 89% of Satellite town are Igbos ? 96% of Alaba are Igbos ? Who I mention Trade Fair ? Agric. What of Lekki Axis that is 67% Igbos ? Una dey learn. PVC will show una pepper very soon.

The fear of PVC is the beginning of Wisdom.
So because FASHOLA is asking non-lagosian residents vote means lagos is a no man's land ? Mennnn I fear for how some people reason sha. Don't ur gov in east ask hausa people in sabo community for their vote in eastern states ? Those that make the state a no man's state to the northerners ? If lagos no suit una igbos make una use the exist road na .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Speaks On Melaye's Arrest & Hospitalization - Nigerians React / T.A. Orji Visits Orji Kalu's Home In Abuja (Photo) / Andrew Anglin Rumored To Be Living In Lagos – CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.