Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,779 members, 7,837,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi (48176 Views)

IGP Idris Visits Wike: "You Disrespected Me By Withdrawing MY CSO" - Wike / Charging Of Phones Infront Of My Office In Badagry This Morning / The 8 Key Achievements Of President Buhari At 100 Days In Office - By Nnawetanma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:23am On Jan 27, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Where in the constitution that empowered governor like Amaechi to insult the president at will?
1. Could you define insult?
2. Could you tell me what power Patience Jonathan has to interrupt an elected Governor Rotimi Amaechi when he was making a speech in Okrika?
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:28am On Jan 27, 2015
BraniacX:

Na you go school pass grin
Uneducated literacy cheesy

Sorry no vex oh! There are some jabs I can't resist throwing grin cheesy grin cheesy
That is a typographical error, not a blunder. Besides the letters, m, n and o as well as the number, 6 are in a key in my phone. If you understand.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by BraniacX(m): 7:44am On Jan 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

That is a typographical error, not a blunder. Besides the letters, m, n and o as well as the number, 6 are in a key in my phone. If you understand.

In that case my apologies are tendered

Though I still disagree with you on the issue being discussed, once again, my apologies.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by BraniacX(m): 8:16am On Jan 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

That will be when the FG stops being lazy, taking from the resources of component parts, only to give them peanuts. We should revert back to the first republic era.

Then maybe you should run for president
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Rubbish! If they applied and it was turned down, why should they resort to taking the stadium by force? If you must quote me make sure you put up logical arguement.

For the record, your argument isn't any better or any more logical than mine, you keep going in circle without answering the pertinent questions I raised in preceeding posts. All you are doing is make excuses for wrongdoing that's all, nothing more.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:47am On Jan 27, 2015
joeboy03:

For the record, your argument isn't any better or any more logical than mine, you keep going in circle without answering the pertinent questions I raised in preceeding posts. All you are doing is make excuses for wrongdoing that's all, nothing more.
You have a poor sense of argument.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You have a poor sense of argument.

The only thing common in most of your post is the word "rubbish", so I can really see your remarkable sense of argument. Keep defending the indefensible.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 27, 2015
joeboy03:

Unfortunately, urs not logical either. Av responded to ur post but the spam bot keep hiding it and banning my moniker. All hidden posts in the last page belongs to me.
However, these are the highlights of my post.
The first correspondence from pdp to the state government as regards the stadium was dated 13/01 as against what u stated earlier. After this, two different correspondence has also occurred between them.
As at 13/01, contractor was already on site.
Both the sports commisioner and pdp exco member were on Nigerian info yesterday where all these were thrashed.
As regards ur claim that the main bowl is ready, let's assume u are even right, how will people get into the mainbowl if other aspects of the stadium isn't yet completed? Will they be airlifted or what.
Look, even the pdp exco member also confirmed that indeed workers, equipment and materials were evacuated forcibly so I wonder where u are getting ur info from.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 27, 2015
deemdeem:

Unfortunately, urs not logical either. Av responded to ur post but the spam bot keep hiding it and banning my moniker. All hidden posts in the last page belongs to me.
However, these are the highlights of my post.
The first correspondence from pdp to the state government as regards the stadium was dated 13/01 as against what u stated earlier. After this, two different correspondence has also occurred between them.
As at 13/01, contractor was already on site.
Both the sports commisioner and pdp exco member were on Nigerian info yesterday where all these were thrashed.
As regards ur claim that the main bowl is ready, let's assume u are even right, how will people get into the mainbowl if other aspects of the stadium isn't yet completed? Will they be airlifted or what.
Look, even the pdp exco member also confirmed that indeed workers, equipment and materials were evacuated forcibly so I wonder where u are getting ur info from.

And how did the APC members gain access into the main bowl during their campaign ? I guess the same way they did, others too could.

If you had carefully read the statement of the Rivers PDP, you would notice where they stated that in a bid to keep them from using the facility, the Rivers state governor filled the place with trucks of sand to bolster his excuse of serious ongoing construction work.

The fact is that, there is undeniably more to this issue than me and you as ordinary citizens can see. You do not know the true intentions of the Rivers state governor regarding this issue, you cannot say if he truly means well for the members of the opposition who wishes to use the facility, judging from his actions, reactions, disposition and language towards members of the opposition. He publicly expressed his hatred when he made certain statements recently.

You and I both know that the Rivers state governor is not favourably disposed to members of the opposition, hence the reason for this denial.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 27, 2015
joeboy03:

And how did the APC members gain access into the main bowl during their campaign ? I guess the same way they did, others too could.

They gained access before the contractor mobilised to site. Pdp requested to use the site on 13/01. By then, contractor was already on site.

If you had carefully read the statement of the Rivers PDP, you would notice where they stated that in a bid to keep them from using the facility, the Rivers state governor filled the place with trucks of sand to bolster his excuse of serious ongoing construction work.

The govt did no such thing but the contractor whose workers were chased away when the soldiers sent by pdp came around. What do u understand if u hear that a contractor has mobilised to site? The statement only corroborated and authenticated the reason the govt gave from the onset which is that work is ongoing.

The fact is that, there is undeniably more to this issue than me and you as ordinary citizens can see. You do not know the true intentions of the Rivers state governor regarding this issue, you cannot say if he truly means well for the members of the opposition who wishes to use the facility, judging from his actions, reactions, disposition and language towards members of the opposition. He publicly expressed his hatred when he made certain statements recently.

If u are talking of intentions, why don't u also talk about the intentions of the pdp who after being asked to proceed to liberation stadium, a far better, safer and appropriate venue, they chose to be adamant and stick with an unsafe and uncompleted stadium? Intentions are subjective.
Forget intentions and focus on the facts available to u and I and let's discuss it. Don't discuss issues still resident inside instead that we already know.

You and I both know that the Rivers state governor is not favourably disposed to members of the opposition, hence the reason for this denial.

Not in this case, if he doesn't want them to succeed in their programme, he wouldn't have given them alternatives which are even better than what they requested for. He rejected their earlier want because of the construction work going on and nothing more.
Besides, u Av been silent about the liberation stadium offered. Was it not a fantastic offer? Why do u think they rejected it? Was there any good reason for such?

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2015
[quote author=deemdeem post=30177152][/quote]

You were quite quick to suggest that the allegation the PDP raised against the governor bringing trucks of sand to the site to corroborate his excuse of ongoing work at site and thwart their quest is untrue. It would be same if I quickly dismissed the governors claim as deceptive.

However, I saw no need to mention the Liberation stadium cos the other party applied to use the stadium in question, hence they as Rivers state citizens should also be accommodated whatever the circumstances. For the purpose of justice, peace, equity and fair play, sacrifices has to be made to accommodate all, since the same facility has been utilized by the APC without much ado.

Consequently, from all indication, it is undoubtedly clear that the governor is not favourable disposed to allowing the opposition hold its campaign in that facility. The impression is that, all these factors he cited are just mere alibi.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
joeboy03:

You were quite quick to suggest that the allegation the PDP raised against the governor bringing trucks of sand to the site to corroborate his excuse of ongoing work at site and thwart their quest is untrue. It would be same if I quickly dismissed the governors claim as deceptive.

The issues are plain and straightforward.
Did the soldiers chased away workers from the work site When they arrived? Yes.
Was work ongoing when they arrived? Yes.
Even the pdp exco that came to Nigeriainfo yesterday corroborated this so what's ur point?
Not only sand and gravel were evacuated, machineries were also evacuated. The so called pdp allegation has no basis.

However, I saw no need to mention the Liberation stadium cos the other party applied to use the stadium in question, hence they as Rivers state citizens should also be accommodated whatever the circumstances. For the purpose of justice, peace, equity and fair play, sacrifices has to be made to accommodate all, since the same facility has been utilized by the APC without much ado.

Because u applied to make use of a state facility doesn't makes it a must that u will have it. The governor has every right to either grant or not grant such request. This is not about amaechi. It happens in all states.
In this case, he didn't based on factual reasons but also went further to make available much more better facilities for ur use. Again, apc used the place when contractors haven't mobilised to site. Pdp applied on 13/01 right after contractors were already on site. There is a huge difference here and both cases aren't the same. Do u know what it takes to mobilise and demobilise from site? All these cost money. Why should this be when better and safer alternatives are begging to be used?

Consequently, from all indication, it is undoubtedly clear that the governor is not favourable disposed to allowing the opposition hold its campaign in that facility.

With a good and factual reason and he went further to provide excellent alternatives.

The impression is that, all these factors he cited are just mere alibi.

So the workers chased by soldiers are fake?
So the building materials forcibly evacuated are fake?
So the high duty machineries evacuated is fake?
Sorry, ur impression doesn't cut it and basis extremely weak.

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
[quote author=deemdeem post=30181177][/quote]

Could you please state precisely the scope of work that the contractors are currently carrying out or were carrying out prior to the arrival of the soldiers. Also you have admitted that the governor driven by his sheer hatred for the opposition have refused to approve their use of the facility. This is true because, if I was your political enemy, you would do everything within your power to frustrate my political aspiration and even cause discomfort as much as u can.....Amaechi is doing something similar in this circumstance.

Also, i'd like to ask, did you witness the evacuation of heavy duty machineries and building materials? Ameachi may have one or two reasons, but from what I have noticed so far, it is not potent enough to preclude the other party from using that facility.

I'm looking @ dis at a neutral point of view, as I am affiliated to no party or politics and never will be. However, you are yet to incontrovertibly justify Ameachi actions and convince me to believe otherwise. But I must acknowledge your passion in defending him.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by jpphilips(m): 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2015
Mr Amaechi, amongst all the problems bedeviling the rivers people, your biggest headache is who occupies a mere stadium, I know Nigerians deserve shameless leaders but a senseless one?

Mr Jonathan, you are happy you have succeeded in using federal might to muscle your self into a venue for your campaign, however, pertinent economic situations that required your presidential fiat for the greater good of the people were never met.
I hail both of you, Nigerians deserve what they have.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by obiz2014: 11:55am On Jan 29, 2015
Please can someone tell Buhari and his boy Amaechi that the stadium in question was built with tax payers money and not their personal money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Honoured Jacob Zuma To Attract Investment To Imo State - Okorocha Gives Reason / OBIdients Hold Car Rally For Peter Obi & Labour Party In Edo State (Pictures) / APC Leaders Take Pictures With Peter Obi At Senator Barau Son's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.