Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,644 members, 7,840,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi (48190 Views)

IGP Idris Visits Wike: "You Disrespected Me By Withdrawing MY CSO" - Wike / Charging Of Phones Infront Of My Office In Badagry This Morning / The 8 Key Achievements Of President Buhari At 100 Days In Office - By Nnawetanma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by joe120120(m): 1:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
Monimatic:
The Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said that contrary to President Goodluck Jonathan’s claim, the President is not interested in a free and fair election.

Amaechi, who was reacting to soldiers’ occupation of the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium ahead of the Jonathan’s political campaign in the state on Wednesday, said the action of the President was an indication that he (Jonathan) was opposed to democratic norms.

The governor, who spoke in Government House in Port Harcourt on Sunday, explained that it was wrong for President Jonathan to order soldiers to take over the state-owned stadium, even when approval was not given by the state government.

He argued that a President should have respected the position of the state government in an ideal federation, particularly after telling the Peoples Democratic Party to use the Liberation Stadium.

Amaechi said, “Why is the President insisting on using the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium after we have told the PDP that work is currently going on there? It is unfortunate that the President is preaching one thing and doing another thing.

“If the President is truly interested in the conduct of a free and fair election, why did he order armed soldiers to forcefully take over a state government-owned facility when it was not given to him or the PDP?

“Why should a President elected in a democratic election, serving under a democratic dispensation order soldiers to take over a state-owned stadium? In an ideal federation, the President is supposed to respect our position, essentially after we asked them to use the Liberation Stadium at Elekahia, in Port Harcourt City.”

In a related development, the state PDP Chairman, Mr. Felix Obuah, confirmed the party’s readiness to use the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium on Wednesday.

Obuah said in a statement signed by his Special Adviser, Media, Mr. Jerry Needam, that the reason given by Amaechi on why he refused the party’s request to use the stadium was unacceptable.

The state PDP chairman argued that the stadium was built with state funds, maintaining that the facility was only conceptualised when Amaechi was a member of the PDP.

He, however, challenged the governor to name any capital project that he implemented since he defected to the APC in November 2013.

Obuah told members and supporters of the PDP to turn out in their large number to welcome the presidential campaign train in continuation of President Jonathan’s bid to earn a second term.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-not-interested-in-free-polls-amaechi/

Amechi problem started when he as wrongring elected by Ikwerre LGA in1999 .He is a coward .The office of the president is surpiror than that of state governor. according to Nigerian constitution
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
talktimi:
please have mercy I beg of you

You know I find it immensely ridiculous when people wittingly rationalise a wrongdoing simply because it involves the person whom they support. Wrong is wrong, no 2 ways.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Ayatullah(m): 1:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
JEITO:
You disrespected your own office by refusing to allow them use the stadium as a civilised man should. So they took it by force. This shows that power pass power.

GEJ HAS EATEN POISON!

By taking the Stadium by force through the use of soldiers when 'The Landlord' did not approve it, GEJ has just taken a poison dose that will continue to run and rumble his stomach.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by duerap: 2:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
why is the strong man crying? I thought he wanted to run a parallel military take over at the stadium.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by ngoziiwenofu1: 2:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
Well, learn to respect higher authority first! Now
teach dat to your sons never to be like u!
By the way, do you have office?
Respect is reciprocal.
Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Dammyllionaire(m): 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
ayokunlei:

aside that you talked like a mugu, u need prayer and special deliverance.
You seems to be lost patapata. . .
You said what Amaechi did was bad, Are u expecting a President to be begging the governor b4 he can use the Stadium?
Maybe u dont know, Politics and Power are interconnected. Amaechi played politics, and The President used Power, I dont blame you, u sound like a learner.
May God touch ur sense of reasoning, amin.

Do you even know the meaning of federalism? Obviously, you and your illiterate cohorts liking and sharing your post dnt know the meaning because if you do, you will never sit to write this trash on social media... We are in a FEDERAL SYSTEM OF GOVT and the president should not have any power over the governor and the state properties. Just imagine Obama claiming right of New York property and using the US Military to seize the property from the state that own it.

Bro, use your God given brain and go and read more about federalism better. Thanks.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by emenwagwu: 2:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ameachi, you should listen to yourself when talking. If you lack respect to Our President GEJ, what makes you think he will respect you. Reason man.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by EFFRAKATA: 2:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
GEJ till Buhari resit and pass mathematics. Serial failure sorry the ofiz you are vying for is not available pls try again 2019.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Jonathan should exercise his power as C-in-C in Borno before Boko Haram.

So, as a citizen of Nigeria and the C-in-C, does he not reserve the right to use the same facility which Ameachi and his cohorts have used 2 times, even when they went as humble as seeking permission? There is no how u can defend Amaechi's action cos it was outrightly wrong, what is wrong is wrong and no amount of rationalising would make it right.

If you were truly sincere, you would see the folly, pride and arrogance in Amaechi's actions and you would condemn such accordingly. You cannot always defend the wrongs of these politicians.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by simdam500(m): 2:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
nairalife2013: Well, learn to respect higher authority first! Now teach dat to your sons never to be like u!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by simdam500(m): 2:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
JEITO: You disrespected your own office by refusing to allow them use the stadium as a civilised man should. So they took it by force. This shows that power pass power.

I hope your lodge in Abuja is still in a good condition after all the meetings held there because come May 29th, Rivers state will be too hot for you o.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by simdam500(m): 2:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
Tekzyflex: Hahahahahahahah! See who's talking of respect of office. The tin pain am sha!

Don't mind him... disrespectful fool shocked shocked
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Demdem(m): 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
Swizdoe:
Even though I'm not a fan of gej and his administration but for amaechi to have tried to deny him is the height of insolence.
A Yoruba proverb says " Ai fini pe ni, ai feyan pe yan, lo mu ara oko ara e san bante wolu. "

The question u should ask urself is when the soldiers got to the venue, did they chase workers out? Did construction equipment and materials forcefully evacuated? Of cos all these happened.
Where is it stated in our law books that in our democracy the president must always have his way especially on issues that are personal and not the General interest of the people?
The state gave her reasons and those reasons are very credible. The state even went further to provide for Jonathan another alternative which to so many is even far superior. Why is Jonathan bent on the one not yet fully completed?
There is no insolence on the path of amaechi but Jonathan thuggery.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Demdem(m): 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
joeboy03:

So, as a citizen of Nigeria and the C-in-C, does he not reserve the right to use the same facility which Ameachi and his cohorts have used 2 times, even when they went as humble as seeking permission? There is no how u can defend Amaechi's action cos it was outrightly wrong, what is wrong is wrong and no amount of rationalising would make it right.

If you were truly sincere, you would see the folly, pride and arrogance in Amaechi's actions and you would condemn such accordingly. You cannot always defend the wrongs of these politicians.

When they used it, contractors were not on site. The request from pdp to use the facility is less than 2weeks and already contractors were already on site.
Soldiers went in and chased them away so the state was being truthful.
The govt gave this credible reasons and went further to give the pdp another good alternative.
Only a fool or someone with sinister agenda will ignore the liberation stadium at the heart of the city to a yet to be completed stadium at the outskirts of the city.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by DaBullIT(m): 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Your reasoning is twisted. Think straight without bias. Jonathan doesn't wanna borrow or use the stadium. The Rivers State PDP members want to host their presidential rally there. Are they not entitled to the same treatment as APC? Whereas APC have used the same stadium twice, PDP members in Rivers State are being denied the use of the facility by Amaechi. Why?

The stadium belongs to Rivers people, irrespective of political affiliations or religion. Amaechi is the governor of Rivers State and not that of a few APC members. He should be seen to be fair to all. It is his duty to accommodate all.

Your logic untwisted mine right?

Thank you but according to press release why did amaechi deny the use of the stadium? He said the stadium was going through reconstruction /renovation he wouldn't say a white lie like that since he knows anybody can dispute his claims with a few photos, definitely construction works is going on in the stadium

On the other hand the commander in thief assumed it's an insult, brought soldiers and took over the stadium, so in your pure mind who is biased and sentimental
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dammyllionaire:

Do you even know the meaning of federalism? Obviously, you and your illiterate cohorts liking and sharing your post dnt know the meaning because if you do, you will never sit to write this trash on social media... We are in a FEDERAL SYSTEM OF GOVT and the president should not have any power over the governor and the state properties. Just imagine Obama claiming right of New York property and using the US Military to seize the property from the state that own it.

Bro, use your God given brain and go and read more about federalism better. Thanks.

A governor has no right to say no to the President...imagine the prime minister saying no to the queen?...ok let's use nigeria..can a Local government chairman say no to a governor?...in nigeria here?...niccur rest!!!..we in naija..

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by VoteWisely: 3:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
#VoteWisely #GEJ

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Dammyllionaire(m): 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
Closedoor:

A governor has no right to say no to the President...imagine the prime minister saying no to the queen?...ok let's use nigeria..can a Local government chairman say no to a governor?...in nigeria here?...niccur rest!!!..we in naija..

Britain uses Monarch and parliamentary/West minister system of government while Nigeria and USA uses presidential and federal system of government. Nigeria practise an abnormal federal system that's why a chairman can be answerable to the governor of his state. But must we continue in abnormalities?
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by patpaul: 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
If u stay in Rivers state and hand over to Nwike i will
know you are a man. Better start preparing your handing over notes
so that your deputy will do the handing over for u while you take Benin republic to Ghana

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
Demdem:

When they used it, contractors were not on site. The request from pdp to use the facility is less than 2weeks and already contractors were already on site.
Soldiers went in and chased them away so the state was being truthful.
The govt gave this credible reasons and went further to give the pdp another good alternative.
Only a fool or someone with sinister agenda will ignore the liberation stadium at the heart of the city to a yet to be completed stadium at the outskirts of the city.

Are u in PH? Can you provide pictures of work in progress inside the facility as at today, not an old picture?

Besides, even if truly work is currently in progress in the facility, the contractor could be instructed to go on a break just for a day, since the event is only going to last a day, afterwards they could continue with their job, it is that simple, just to fulfill all righteousness and avoid the avoidable.

Or do u not perceive the concerted effort of the governor to frustrate the PDP from utilising the facility? Is it not obvious?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by millhouse: 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
ignoramus

redcliff:

As daft as they come....smh
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Demdem(m): 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
joeboy03:

Are u in PH? Can you provide pictures of work in progress inside the facility as at today, not an old picture?

Yes I am in ph. Where u wan take pictures when soldiers have taken over?

Besides, even if truly work is currently in progress in the facility, the contractor could be instructed to go on a break just for a day, since the event is only going to last a day, afterwards they could continue with their job, it is that simple, just to fulfill all righteousness and avoid the avoidable.

It's not done that way. It takes days to mobilise to site and days to demobilise. All these all together cost money and depending on scope of work, millions of naira. Believe u me, rivers is at a loss here because the contractor will definitely tell the state to compensate him because of it.

Or do u not perceive the concerted effort of the governor to frustrate the PDP from utilising the facility? Is it not obvious?

The primary reason is not to frustrate neither is it to prevent them from converging. If this is so, would he have provided liberation stadium for them? Do u live in ph? Which is more accessible to the people? The liberation stadium amaechi offered or the new stadium under construction?
The only obvious fact here is pdp thuggery.
Nothing stops them from using the safe, secured, more accessible liberation stadium which is also a state property.

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=Demdem post=30153553][/quote]

The request for approval was done many days back, I am sure the state government had enough time to instruct the contractor to demobilize against the chosen date.

Meanwhile, I am certain it is the main bowl of the stadium that the PDP seeks to use for its campaign. Judging from the photos I have seen from the distant past, the main bowl of the stadium seemed completed, or are you inferring that the supposed ongoing construction is also taking place @ the main bowl of the stadium which had hitherto been completed?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by ayokunlei(m): 4:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dammyllionaire:

may God heal you. If Goodluck doesnt act on Amaechi, u wld hv called him a clueless being, now He did d needful, you are still hating on Him.
Since you know alot about Government, If u were to be Mr President, how wld u act?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
joeboy03:

The Rivers State Government is not under any obligation to give any reason, if it chooses, why the stadium should not be used.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Olamiplenty1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
Walspring:
Its is only my nation that we don't have respect for our president.
...just because it is one of d few places where presidents stains/defiles d sanctity of d office of a president.... So many shameful instances.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by nafiachi(m): 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
The Gov offered them another venue for God's sake, what is wrong with us?
Sometimes I wonder where some people actually came out from, we all know there is tension btw the Gov and the president, but using state owned resources for personal or party activities should be STOPPED.
The level of lawlessness in Nigeria has to and must Stop NOW.

Change is Near.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Dammyllionaire(m): 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
ayokunlei:

may God heal you. If Goodluck doesnt act on Amaechi, u wld hv called him a clueless being, now He did d needful, you are still hating on Him.
Since you know alot about Government, If u were to be Mr President, how wld u act?

That's a very good question... I'll go for an alternative since the owner of the property wont allow me to use it. *Simple*
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by gykes(m): 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Cuche: 6:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
When Amaechi issued the restraint, nobody will tell me he didn't know they will enter forcefully. I think all he wanted to do is to paint a picture of GEJ as dictator and Nyesom Wike as a rascal. That was all
The first question is if a local govt chairman restraints Amaechi or the State Govnt from using a stadium built by the LGA will Amaechi take it lightly
If there is a property in any State of the US and the mayor keeps Sheriff to prevent its use by anybody. Let's say Obama needs the property, the sheriffs will clear the moment FBI steps in. There is hierarchy, I don't see anything unconstitutional in this matter

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by 1dickson(m): 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi ....... respect is reciprocal. Someone should teach him to respect our humble president. Jaguda governor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians / AGF Declares Senate Election Null And Void, Saraki, Ekweremadu In Fresh Trouble / Buhari’s Bodyguards Weep & Protest Over "Hijacking Of The President By Cabals"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.