Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,198 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy (61033 Views)

The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. / D’banj’s Manager To Olamide: 'Stop Stealing Our Songs' / D’banj Says Dr SID Caused Mo’hits Break Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by deejayterabyte(m): 10:40am On Jan 26, 2015
agoadiv:
[color=#550000][/color]lolssssss.....wher u c DAT one

I have watched the interview with olisa twice over and over again

He said it
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by adewex(m): 10:40am On Jan 26, 2015
alaoeri:

Yea that is the esssense of it but why are those that ain't broke & even have hit songs as ppl claimed can't organise simply because they lack the selling factor. Do you know the number of shows Dbanj has singlehandedly organised post mo'hits?.

single handedly organise?? I know of the DKM concert alone.. tell us more

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 26, 2015
gift01:
Hungry Blogger.
Which wan be hungry blogger again, some Nigerians eh

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Themandator: 10:45am On Jan 26, 2015
alaoeri:

Listen to yourself Amber is coming through him for some clients, if i may ask which client did you realise that its Dbanj's anniversary sha, besides Dbanj ain't a tenant am 100% sure that house is his, Dbanj is repling to a question by Olisah maybe you should do yourself a favour by watching the video.

I know it is hard for you to believe but he is a tenant. When they broke up jazzy moved into NICON ESTATE where he was paying 8m pet annum... He then moved into his own and converted that place to Mavin hqrts.

Dbanj is yet to come around to putting up property because he spends all on hypes like this beat by Dre

3 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 26, 2015
tonididdy:
dbanj is far from broke...this I know...his fleet of cars from 3yrs back can settle whatever debt there claims to be.

his beatsbydre ambassadorship alone is a monster deal in dolls not to talk of his guest appearance and performance at the last BBA Africa. you think all those shit is for free.

the debt saga is a all a dbanj publicity stunt to show him who he's real friends are foes are and ''the marvin '' have continually proved themselves foes with several ''hate tracks'' towards the nigga dbanj. dude knows better now.

dbanj is international as the marvins are to local.

shikena
Hmmmmm
it sounds reasonable though..

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by alaoeri: 10:50am On Jan 26, 2015
adewex:

single handedly organise?? I know of the DKM concert alone.. tell us more
DKM concert eko Atlantic city
DKM concert eko hotels and the one coming this weekend not to talk of those outside the country, how many did the ppl he split from have organise?

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Themandator: 10:52am On Jan 26, 2015
tonididdy:
dbanj is far from broke...this I know...his fleet of cars from 3yrs back can settle whatever debt there claims to be.

his beatsbydre ambassadorship alone is a monster deal in dolls not to talk of his guest appearance and performance at the last BBA Africa. you think all those shit is for free.

the debt saga is a all a dbanj publicity stunt to show him who he's real friends are foes are and ''the marvin '' have continually proved themselves foes with several ''hate tracks'' towards the nigga dbanj. dude knows better now.

dbanj is international as the marvins are to local.

shikena

There is no beat endorsement. Stop this masturbatory satisfaction. Dbanj paid for a customized earpiece piece and got it.... Watch his own video account of it. Dbanj surprises Africa.

His only monetary endorsement remains that of Glo, so far.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by David0(m): 10:57am On Jan 26, 2015
deejayterabyte:
I've always known that Dr Sid is a little kid who wants everything to himself, And to even think it was D'banj that brought him to Mo'hits, he still said rubbish about him

People can be very ungrateful, I wonder how d'banj felt when he heard Dr sid say those things about him

And as for Don Jazzy, sorry I have to call him a mumu, Big one for that matter, I hate people who don't have balls to face uncertainty and risk, Mo'hits would have been bigger and better if he had a little bit of patience

And did D'banj say Dorobucci was his song? shocked shocked

U b mumu, how well do u know Dr Sid, na ppl like una dem go gossip give una go just take side. U just heard from D’banj den it's OK to condemn Dr Sid? Na wa...
I just think D’banj made a wrong business decision. Don Jazzy was wise enof to c d bigger picture. If D’banj's Bro wud turn his back on him, u shud know thrs a lot D’banj didn't say here. He shudnt blame anyone but himself, d fact he's not admitting he made a mistake for not listening to d boss, shows his pride. But we all know his situation now.

8 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by tonididdy(m): 10:59am On Jan 26, 2015
Themandator:

There is no beat endorsement. Stop this masturbatory satisfaction. Dbanj paid for a customized earpiece piece and got it.... Watch his own video account of it. Dbanj surprises Africa.

His only monetary endorsement remains that of Glo, so far.
I really hate to quote u but I'd be stupid to comment on what u just wrote above...cos u don't know nada

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 26, 2015
allanphash7:
Why wont he be kicked out, Afterall hes now being singing and campaining for GEJ while the whole world want CHANGE, SMH 4 d'banj

#TEAM APC
#TEAM CHANGE
#TEAM BUHARI/OSINBAJO
Pathetic groveling slaves of Boko-hari... Grow up! This isn't about GEJ...its about Don jazzy and D'Banj...
Always put ur uncertain sentiments behind you!...
Illiterates-for-Buhari### Only Fo0ls would believe that Buhari will bring about the change this country seeks for....
Allaf ya upbraiding against GEJ for a bad governance will regret voting this ingrate and foolish aggressive hausa clown into office!
The Buhari has planned all this shits....after which he failed on the last presidential election...he has been in secret places to make GEJ's administration a bad one so he'd use it for his campaign..... He was the one who said that blood will be shed if he loses this forthcoming election... He wants power by all means... I can't vote such a tyrant..he's not democratically upright!
It grieves me...seeing people wish to cast their votes for such an evil man! Claiming to be a saint when he's got evil motives!

4 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by alaoeri: 11:00am On Jan 26, 2015
Themandator:

I know it is hard for you to believe but he is a tenant. When they broke up jazzy moved into NICON ESTATE where he was paying 8m pet annum... He then moved into his own and converted that place to Mavin hqrts.

Dbanj is yet to come around to putting up property because he spends all on hypes like this beat by Dre
Stop spreading falsehood am sure of what am saying not only did he have house in Nigeria but also in Atlanta, all you reading on blogs are lies & ppl are just trying to run him down because of his success in the industry, pls kindly meet upright ppl in the industry like jimmy jatt & ask about the Dbanj, they will tell you who is he, even Oritsefemi said in one of his interview that he will jump at any opportunity offer to him by Dbanj to be on his record label due to his success & connections. I repeat Dbanj is one of the richest if not the richest musician in Nigeria beside did u heard that he performed in far away Switzerland last Friday at the world economic forum also present at the event are Dangote & Tony Elumelu.

7 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by deejayterabyte(m): 11:05am On Jan 26, 2015
David0:

U b mumu, how well do u know Dr Sid, na ppl like una dem go gossip give una go just take side. U just from D’banj den it's OK to condemn Dr Sid? Na wa...
I just think D’banj made a wrong business decision. Don Jazzy was wise enof to c d bigger picture. If D’banj's Bro wud turn his back on him, u shud know thrs a lot D’banj didn't say here. He shudnt blame anyone but himself, d fact he's not admitting he made a mistake for not listening to d boss, shows his pride. But we all know his situation now.

Did you say his brother "turned his back" on d'banj?

One question for you, Which record label was Kswitch signed to after the breakup?

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by franugo(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2015
mcdokwe:
to raise money, don't you think so?

perchance is he organising the shows with piss U spend money 2 get money. He might not be as rich as b4, buh i doubt he is as close 2 broke as some pple make it sound.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by repogirl(f): 11:09am On Jan 26, 2015
What I want to know is if he is indeed broke? Did Olisa ask that one?

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by danbrowndmf(m): 11:09am On Jan 26, 2015
jingh:

hmmmmmmm, he who laugh today should remember tomorrow
"WORD"

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by David0(m): 11:16am On Jan 26, 2015
deejayterabyte:

Did you say his brother "turned his back" on d'banj?

One question for you, Which record label was Kswitch signed to after the breakup?

I wasn't thr wen it happened, but D’banj himself said so in the interview about his Bro taking sides with them. If the Bro decides to sign up wt another record label I don't care, I don't even listen to his songs. My comment was simply based on D’banj's interview. It's quite evident he's trying to use Dr Sid as an excuse, he's d real reason behind d breakup. And for him to say d song Surulere was sang cos of him, is simply a sign of guilt on his part.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by allanphash7(m): 11:20am On Jan 26, 2015
kai! kai!! kai!!! who is this pathetic person quoting with pathetic comment

arrant nonsense, you better grab change and let your life be change positively

SAI BUHARI
foxxynik:

Pathetic groveling slaves of Boko-hari... Grow up! This isn't about GEJ...its about Don jazzy and D'Banj...
Always put ur uncertain sentiments behind you!...
Illiterates-for-Buhari### Only Fo0ls would believe that Buhari will bring about the change this country seeks for....
Allaf ya upbraiding against GEJ for a bad governance will regret voting this ingrate and foolish aggressive hausa clown into office!
The Buhari has planned all this shits....after which he failed on the last presidential election...he has been in secret places to make GEJ's administration a bad one so he'd use it for his campaign..... He was the one who said that blood will be shed if he loses this forthcoming election... He wants power by all means... I can't vote such a tyrant..he's not democratically upright!
It grieves me...seeing people wish to cast their votes for such an evil man! Claiming to be a saint when he's got evil motives!

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by redcliff: 11:20am On Jan 26, 2015
deejayterabyte:
I've always known that Dr Sid is a little kid who wants everything to himself, And to even think it was D'banj that brought him to Mo'hits, he still said rubbish about him

People can be very ungrateful, I wonder how d'banj felt when he heard Dr sid say those things about him

And as for Don Jazzy, sorry I have to call him a mumu, Big one for that matter, I hate people who don't have balls to face uncertainty and risk, Mo'hits would have been bigger and better if he had a little bit of patience

And did D'banj say Dorobucci was his song? shocked shocked

What happens when your fingers decide to be faster than your brains

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by moufan: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2015
dbanj is just proud and he's facing the consequence now

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by DaBullIT(m): 11:31am On Jan 26, 2015
Tydies:
Maybe Don Jazzy was right undecided the cost of living in New york is too high and its really having an effect on D bang cuz right now that Niccur called d bang is as broke as hell..he can't even pay his staff anymore #OgaTitus

Furthermore Oga na Boss paddy na pally

If oga paddy said let's go back, as a partner dbanj is supposed to oblige while they work their deal out with Kanye , whatever an oga man sees sitting, dbanj can't see if he climbs koko mansion

Finally this will trend on Twitter I am sure Don jazzy will say something this week

4 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by abuRevelatus(m): 11:34am On Jan 26, 2015
e get as e be
to understand na common sence
and as e get as e be
i dey mind my bizness
na only papa God get REAL POWER___ 2baba
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by littleBello: 11:38am On Jan 26, 2015
Tydies:
Maybe Don Jazzy was right undecided the cost of living in New york is too high and its really having an effect on D bang cuz right now that Niccur called d bang is as broke as hell..he can't even pay his staff anymore #OgaTitus

don't say that anymore do u ow much he's making from d beat headset..... brother he is better than d whole of mavin

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by playboy19(m): 11:38am On Jan 26, 2015
PStacks:
But truthfully, every business is about profit maximization and cost minimization.

To live in the New york is very very expensive and Don Jazzy is a business man.

A lion in the jungle nigeria is better than a dog in the city newyork

Dbanj is my man ooo, but I'm thinking he really has blame here.

Kanye West was never in the first place going to look out for him.

My brother, A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for. It was meant to sail.

Music is a global language and entertainment transcends tribe, gender, religion and age. Music is a global thing. Moreover, if Awilo could make it in Nigeria, that should tell you there is always a market for any type of music anywhere, considering you do your homework properly.

I, as a businessman will never in my life fault anyone taking big risk at growth and expansion as long as it is a well calculated risk and i dare say that the risk D'Banj took was a very very beautiful one from a business perspective and i really respect him for that. Prejudice aside, the only reason why the whole deal kinda crumbled was because they let Mo'Hit go. It was a big big mistake. This grave mistake worth to be taught in our schools.

If we all dissect the situation from a business perspective, we'd all see that they would have made tons and tons of money. D'Banj would have made money, so was The Don, but the one that would have made the biggest money was Mo'Hit the company and the brand. The brand was already enjoying global popularity as at the time the Good Music deal rumor broke out and imagine the kind of exposure 'Oliva Twist' would have given the Mo'Hit brand.

Fast forward to 2014-2015, billions of dollars are rolling into the country through FDI and foreign investors in the music industry will be looking at a local partner to roll with, and who else would it have been if not with the biggest music house in Africa. Mo'Hit. Record companies would have been falling over themselves in other to get the Mo'Hit business. This would have been their time to make massive money but damn, they threw millions of dollars out the window. Now, Mavin is barely recognized outside the country and DB Records is almost none existence, so there's little to no way investors would seek them out. Where do you think Dangote is getting all the money he is investing from? How do you think all these Investment companies are seeking him out? Simply cos he is the biggest on the continent. This is what would have happened to the Mo'Hit on the continent. Continental domination through their global popularity and exposure, but hey, they all didnt see it that way. They allowed emotions to becloud their senses. They could have at least sold the company, damn it. Nobody builds such magnitude of a company, the biggest on the continent, wake up one day and decide to shred it up. The brand was very admired, cherished and popular on the continent.

Finally my brother, no matter how expensive a venture is, as long as the ROI is higher than the overhead, then you have a good business at hand. They are both to be blamed though. What they did was purely childish and out-rightly stupi!d.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by goldbim(f): 11:42am On Jan 26, 2015
alaoeri:

A broke guy keeps on organising shows (Dbanj 10th year anniversary kick start next week with the likes if Amber Rose & Blac Chyna coming) while those that ain't broke can't even organise a concert, do the math.
pls,help me tell them!one thing I admire abt the guy is his #let them say swag#if he's as broke as THEY claim where is he getting money to organise classic concerts?I wish him more grace to ignore his haters!

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by deejayterabyte(m): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2015
David0:

I wasn't thr wen it happened, but D’banj himself said so in the interview about his Bro taking sides with them. If the Bro decides to sign up wt another record label I don't care, I don't even listen to his songs. My comment was simply based on D’banj's interview. It's quite evident he's trying to use Dr Sid as an excuse, he's d real reason behind d breakup. And for him to say d song Surulere was sang cos of him, is simply a sign of guilt on his part.

KSwitch took sides with them not because he wanted Mohits to breakup up, all he was concerned with was how much money it had cost mohits in travelling and logistics and it was going to affect all other label artistes

Others had different motives anyways

bros, no be fight abeg grin
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Chazzyboy: 11:49am On Jan 26, 2015
pekeyim:
Im dbanj
I'm 2pack

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by criuze(m): 11:50am On Jan 26, 2015
Dbang ! Dbang dbang ! I no tell you?, but how can you say you own 'dorrobucci '
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by zeepatoprick(m): 11:52am On Jan 26, 2015
Ah ah. I thougt that dbanj was the founder of mohits. I even heard that don jazzy admitted it. So if dbanj was voted out of mohits what was the point of changing the name of the record label. What I heard is that Kanye wanted to sign dbanj and don jazzy to his record label. And don jazzy was not comfortable with it. Be os it would affect mo hits as a record label. Bt dbanj wanted to opt out by all means. So dis one now doesn't add up

2 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by pinkhill(f): 11:54am On Jan 26, 2015
who is amber...what is she famous for...nudity
no beef
but amber ain't someone that will pull a million crowd..
in everyone's life there is a rise and fall
definitely he will find his feet back
alaoeri:

Listen to yourself Amber is coming through him for some clients, if i may ask which client did you realise that its Dbanj's anniversary sha, besides Dbanj ain't a tenant am 100% sure that house is his, Dbanj is repling to a question by Olisah maybe you should do yourself a favour by watching the video.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Illstillkill(m): 11:55am On Jan 26, 2015
allanphash7:
Why wont he be kicked out, Afterall hes now being singing and campaining for GEJ while the whole world want CHANGE, SMH 4 d'banj

#TEAM APC
#TEAM CHANGE
#TEAM BUHARI/OSINBAJO
...bt hes brokeness is a thousand tyms beta dan ur greatness...mtchewww

1 Like

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by greggng: 11:56am On Jan 26, 2015
The only truth that comes out of dbanji mouth is good morning. The only thing don jazzy has said since this breakup was that people should allow him face what he came to the world to do ie good music .common sense will show that dbanj doesn't ve good business sense. You wanna step into american music leaving your comfort zone. I thank God don baba j didn't follow mr titus. They for both end up in my bread. Let him blame everyone for his mistakes. The truth remains he must go back to don jazzy if he wants to shine again otherwise let him continue to sell garri. I am sure he need six year of boy boy to qualify as a garri seller. Omo igbo can assist him with the training

5 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by allanphash7(m): 11:58am On Jan 26, 2015
are you serious? but if you dont know my own brokeness 1million times is better than your generation greatness

omo ale jatijati
Illstillkill:
...bt hes brokeness is a thousand tyms beta dan ur greatness...mtchewww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naira Marley- Am I A Yahoo Boy Lyrics (with English Translation) / Rudeboy - 'Take It' Video Featuring Mercy Eke / Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.