Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. (7419 Views)

Fertility Issues And Contraception In Islam: / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / What Is Sufism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by hajifaty: 11:28am On Dec 26, 2008
Sallam alaikum fellow brothers and Sisters. We would like you to share your opinions with us about sufism in Islam.
Well, to my own understanding I think sufism is another step forward of knowing more about our God through teribiya and terikia. Sufism is widely known among muslims in africa(naija,senegal,gambia egypt etc). it is also practice in india,turkey and many other places around the world. But the way it is practice is totally different from each other.What is your opinion about sufism?
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Ansary(m): 11:40am On Dec 26, 2008
I go with u, Sufism to me is the organisation in Islam that gives the very needed aspect of it 'respect', those who truly are believed are good are respected and even non muslims are lived it. It is the true sunnah of the prophet SAW, it is just that some brothers misunderstood it.
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by olabowale(m): 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2008
Show me your proofs from Qur'aan, Sunnah/hadith, Sirah and the three generations. Was Muhammad (AS) a sufi? Does Allah write anywhere in the Qur'aan that Islam is supposed to be divided into sects and specifically Sufi is the correct sect?

Be a Muslim according to what is in the Qur'aan. And nothing else.

4 Likes

Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by arramyjay: 9:56am On Dec 28, 2008
I think it is just a stage.
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2008
I have read about Sufism and have brothers that are one, but sincerely, I'm convinced this Sufism is a step towards deviation. No offence intended, but why not simply stick to the Qur'an and Sunnah?

3 Likes

Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by babs787(m): 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2008
Sallam alaikum fellow brothers and Sisters. We would like you to share your opinions with us about sufism in Islam.
Well, to my own understanding I think sufism is another step forward of knowing more about our God through teribiya and terikia. Sufism is widely known among muslims in africa(naija,senegal,gambia egypt etc). it is also practice in india,turkey and many other places around the world. But the way it is practice is totally different from each other.What is your opinion about sufism?

The difference in practice shows that you need to be careful in supporting Sufism as Sunnah and Bidiah cannot stand together.

2 Likes

Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2008
Salam alaekum
this is the way i understand sufism.,islam has been around before the Holy prophet Muhammad came(s.a.w) but Allah perfected it during his time.the prophets like adam,ibrahim(a.s)all practiced ealier forms of islam.sufism has been around since the times of the prophets that came before the Holy prophet.the stage of a sufi is what all muslims should yearn to achieve as it is the yolk of the egg as sharia is the shell of the egg, egg as a description of islam!more on sufism could be discovered(not literarilly)in the holy Hadith(hadith quds)if we endeavour to read it and thingd about its true meaning.
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2008
trukoments:

Salam alaekum
this is the way i understand sufism.,islam has been around before the Holy prophet Muhammad came(s.a.w) but Allah perfected it during his time.the prophets like adam,ibrahim(a.s)all practiced ealier forms of islam.sufism has been around since the times of the prophets that came before the Holy prophet.the stage of a sufi is what all muslims should yearn to achieve as it is the yolk of the egg as sharia is the shell of the egg, egg as a description of islam!more on sufism could be discovered(not literarilly)in the holy Hadith(hadith quds)if we endeavour to read it and thingd about its true meaning.

No time to reply this, but I'm sure Olabowale and babs87 will do justice to it.
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2008
No time to reply this, but I'm sure Olabowale and babs87 will do justice to it.

i've attended the garthering in london where people of differnt age,color and nationality go every friday to recite istigfar and la ilaha ila lah, in fact it was very good, i pray Allah not to remove us from the garthering of people who recites la ila ila lah always.

furthermore someone posted that the holy prophet did not do such and such when he was alive,i would ask the person this, did the holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) drive or ride in a car?did he open an account in the bank?,if not why do you have to do it if he did not do those things, think, !

1 Like

Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by olabowale(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2008
@Trukoment: Please provide authentic proof(s) from Allah's Words (The Qur'aan) and or Hadith Kursi, as you have indicated. Or you may do so from His Messenger's Speeches or Deeds (The Hadith or Sunnah). Please go even further, if you will to the Companions. But you must provide evidence. If not please, rethink your Islam and practice it as What Allah commanded and in the way of Muhammad (AS)

Salam alaekum
this is the way i understand sufism.,islam has been around before the Holy prophet Muhammad came(s.a.w) but Allah perfected it during his time.the prophets  like adam,ibrahim(a.s)all practiced ealier forms of islam.sufism has been around since the times of the prophets that came before the Holy prophet.the stage of a sufi is what all muslims should yearn to achieve as it is the yolk of the egg as sharia is the shell of the egg, egg as a description of islam!more on sufism could be discovered(not literarilly)in the holy Hadith(hadith quds)if we endeavour to read it and thingd about its true meaning.

Islam is not a religion or way that can be made up, as one goes along, to suit one's desire. Please worship Allah as He commands. Do good deeds that are Islamically compartable.

furthermore someone posted that the holy prophet did not do such and such when he was alive,i would ask the person this, did the holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) drive or ride in a car?did he open an account in the bank?,if not why do you have to do it if he did not do those things, think, !

These things are matters of human advancements. Even that there are somethings that are always constant. As to transportation; Muhammad rode on horses and camels for getting to his destination, quicker than walking on his feet. Further, he was transported on a Buraq in the night of Isra wa Miraj! Let me ask you, is there any means of transport that could be as fast? Is the space shuttle as fast? Is the cosmic bodies travelling as fast as the special animal, Buraq that Allah allowed to take His Messenger to Heaven and back on Earth, in part of a night? There is an indication of Space Exploration in Surah Al Rahman. So nothing new under the sun that Qur'an leaves unmentioned.

And as to bank account, bait Almal resolved that issue. The house of treasure, is the Treasury. That stands for a bank. The US Central Bank is called the Treasury (Reserve). And Checking in the banking system is a trust of organizations and peoples amongst one another. Islam is the father of Checking account. Islam does not accept interest nor gives any.

Abbass ibn Abi Mutalib, was a banker; a lender, a credit. Thats the role of banking.
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2008
[b]These things are matters of human advancements. Even that there are somethings that are always constant. As to transportation; Muhammad rode on horses and camels for getting to his destination, quicker than walking on his feet. Further, he was transported on a Buraq in the night of Isra wa Miraj! Let me ask you, is there any means of transport that could be as fast? Is the space shuttle as fast? Is the cosmic bodies travelling as fast as the special animal, Buraq that Allah allowed to take His Messenger to Heaven and back on Earth, in part of a night? There is an indication of Space Exploration in Surah Al Rahman. So nothing new under the sun that Qur'an leaves unmentioned.

And as to bank account, bait Almal resolved that issue. The house of treasure, is the Treasury. That stands for a bank. The US Central Bank is called the Treasury (Reserve). And Checking in the banking system is a trust of organizations and peoples amongst one another. Islam is the father of Checking account. Islam does not accept interest nor gives any.

Abbass ibn Abi Mutalib, was a banker; a lender, a credit. Thats the role of banking. [/b]

thank you brother.but if i may ask did Prophet Ibrahim practice islam?thank you.
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by olabowale(m): 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2008
@Trukoments: Prophet Ibrahim (AS) practiced Islam. For sure. Read the last page of Surah An Am (The Cattle; chapter 6).

Prophet Ibrahim said ", wa ana awalul Muslimi." Meaning, , and I am the first (in my time, now) Muslim.

Prophet Musa said ", wa ana awalul Mumini." In Surah Araf (The Height Chapter 7) after he rose up from the coma as a result of his demand because the Children made him to want to see Allah the Almighty. The meaning is the same except that Musa used "Mumini".

Every prophet (AS) was a Muslim. Adam (AS) seeked forgiveness, feared the punishment of Allah. Adam was a Ghafir; believer seeking forgiveness. Read Surah Ghafir in the Ha Mim part of the Qur'an and learn what it means to be a Muslim, a practitioner of Islam. All of them Allah ordained Salah! AAll of them.

Yahya was ordained Salah, Zakah. So was Isa bin Mariam (AS). Is there a chance for a person to be a prophet and not be Muslim? The opposite of Islam is Kufr. No prophet is a Kafir. They were speakers of Truth from their Lord Allah, Who gave them Wisdom, too.
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by hajifaty: 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2008
I don't think there is anything wrong in sufism should it be Tijaniyat or qadiriyat. Infact if you do practice sufism you will surely experience new life and new knowledge about Allah after cleansen your Soul with istigifarul,Solatul li fatih and Laila ila Allahu.
Fari fu ni qabula anta budu ni. Know me before you start worshipping me.
Masallam

1 Like

Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by olabowale(m): 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2008
Is Qur'aan and Sunnah and Hadith not enough to know Allah? Was Abi Bakr not a simple Muslim, then a Mumin? I used him (RA) as a very plain example. All the Sahabah (RA) men and women could be used.
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by babs787(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2008
@trukoments

i've attended the garthering in london where people of differnt age,color and nationality go every friday to recite istigfar and la ilaha ila lah, in fact it was very good, i pray Allah not to remove us from the garthering of people who recites la ila ila lah always.

Quran 2 v 170: And when it is said unto them:"Follow that which Allah hath revealed"They say:"Enough for us is that which we found our fathers." What! Even though their fathers were simply unintelligent and had no guidance?

"If you were to follow most of them on earth they will lead you away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture, they do nothing but lie." (Al-Anam 6:116)

Muhammad (Saw) said the following: "Islam started as something strange, and it would go back to being strange, so good tidings for the strangers." (Muslim) and in another narration, "So give glad tidings to the strangers, those who put right what the people have corrupted of my Sunnah." (Tirmidhi)

Its good to be in the gathering of people reciting LA ilaha IlaLah but not in the party of those that associate other things to it thinking that they are making Islam look good.

I think we need to know what Bidiah is all about.

The Holy prophet (saw) in one Hadith says: " The best speech is the book of Allah and the best path to follow is the path of Mohammed (saw) and the worst things are the innovations and every innovation is an error" (Muslim)

In the extract from Faith al-Bari the most authentic commentary on Bukhari further clarifies the concept of Bid'a.

"Innovation is that which does not have its origin in the Shariah and anything that does not have an origin in Shariah is an innovation."

Imam Shatbie in his book "Al-Ithisam" has defined Bid'a as follows: "A way invented in religion that resembles the Shariah yet the purpose of following it contradicts the purpose of Shariah." So it is a way, which is not in consonance and agreement with the Shariah but against its spirit. This is why the Prophet (saw) so strongly condemned Bid'a. The Innovator is thrusting something new in the religion yet it violates the spirit of religion.

Abdullah Ibn Abbas narrates the messenger (saw) said, "Whatever Allah has made permissible is halal and whatever he has forbidden is Haram and anything else not mentioned is excused." (Abu Dawad).

We have two types of Bidah: Innovation in belief and Innovation in action

Innovation in belief is the belief contrary to the Sunnah and Holy Quran which came into being after the blessed age in which Qadriyyah and Tijanniyah happen to be part of it.

Brother, I have lots to say but do not want to wash our dirty linen outside and Olabowale has answered you.

Ibrahim is a muslim and there are facts to that.

Salam and Happy Hijrah cheesy
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Ansary(m): 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2008
Salam brothers, pls I know it is to your knowledge that, whatever the Qur'an and the sunnah did not said it is prohibited, and not done by someone and condemned by the prophet is right. So tell me, what right do you have to condemn salatinnaby, hailala and istigfar recitation in congregation, which I know is the tariqa (tijania) we have been talking about?
Prominent jihadst like Sheikh Usman bn Fodio, Sheikh Ahmad Tijani, sheikh Ibrahim Inyas and others were all knwn 4 their summition to the circulation of this our great religion. You want to tell me they al left in bida? After al they have done? Tel me, what do u undstnd by tariqa?

2 Likes

Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2008
Ansary:

Prominent jihadst like Sheikh Usman bn Fodio, Sheikh Ahmad Tijani, sheikh Ibrahim Inyas and others were all knwn 4 their summition to the circulation of this our great religion. You want to tell me they al left in bida? After al they have done? Tel me, what do u undstnd by tariqa?
Alhamdulilah, you did not say any of them is a Prophet, companion or tabi'een. These people are fallible. We take from them what is compatible with Qur'an and Sunnah and leave whatever is not. By the way, with due respect tio them,I don't reckon with the last two.
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Ansary(m): 12:03am On Dec 31, 2008
You exactly said what sheikh Ibrahim nyas said to his students, that whatever he said that is not in accordance with the Quran and Sunnah of the prophet SAW should not be put into action. We knw they people like us with a great mind and whose good actions are stil appreciated. They are scholars, I knw u knw, so they are respected 4 dt. They transmit the prophet's message and I can c no reason why u can condemn them. The problem with us now is, every hav hs own problems to tackle, but we look onto others to correct dem as if we are 100% pure. By the way answer the questions I asked, what do u knw by tariqa, tijania to be precise?
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by abdurrazaq(m): 10:20am On Dec 31, 2008
How I wish I can ignore this, but I won't.
Firstly, "Sufism" is not thing that wasn't part of Islam, I mean it is not bidha. My reason being that What is done at the congregation and individually by participants daily are commandments from the Holy Qur'an. It's just unfortunate that many muslims believe that the Solat only is enough to be called a muslim.
Seeking forgiveness of sins in the morning and evening are Allah's commandments widely spread in the Qur'an

'Inna Laha wa Malaikatau yusoluna ala Nabiyy, Ya ayuha lazina amanu, soluu alaehi . . .' That's a Qur'anic verse pointing to us the importance of Solatula ala Nabiyy (SAW)

I don't even need to start talking about the importance of Kalimotul Musharaf to Muslims

Those 3 things are the things that make up sufism cool
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by babs787(m): 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2009
@Trukoments, Hajifaty, Abdulrasaq & Ansary

I don't think there is anything wrong in sufism should it be Tijaniyat or qadiriyat. Infact if you do practice sufism you will surely experience new life and new knowledge about Allah after cleansen your Soul with istigifarul,Solatul li fatih and Laila ila Allahu.
Fari fu ni qabula anta budu ni. Know me before you start worshipping me.
Masallam

To start with, what is your stand on Solatul fatih?
Your support for Solatul Fatih has shown that it is not what you portrayed it tp  be or how could someone be supporting Solatul Fatih which happens to be a Bidah? It is glaring the kind of sufism you support.

THE TIJANIYA - founded by al-Tijani in 1781 in Fez, Morocco, extended the borders of Islam towards Senegal and Nigeria and founded great kingdoms in West Africa. They taught submission to the established government and their influence is still an important factor in these countries where it is associated with conservative businessmen.

The Qadariyyah: Their methodology consists negating Al-Qadar from the actions of the servant and that his desire and ability are independent from the Desire and Ability of Allaah. The first to manifest this view openly was Mabad ibn al-Juhanee, in the last part of the era of the Sahaabah. He learned it from a Majoosee man from Al -Basrah.

Sufism: A mystical belief that has its influence from paganism. The sufis have introduced many acts of shirk into the Muslim Ummah such as taking the graves as places of worship, praying to 'saints', taking others as intercessors with Allaah and many other astray innovations. They Also Claim to be Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah which is not true.

They are divided into two groups, one is extreme and one that is not extreme. The extremist group rejects the Attributes of Knowledge, Desire, Ability and Creating from Allaah in favor of the actions of the servant. However, they reject its occurring by His Desire, Ability and Creating. This is what their belief is founded upon.

The one that is not extreme is the genuine and authentic Sufism, which is undoubtedly in perfect agreement with the Book, the Sunnah, and the practices of Salaf As-Salih (early righteous Muslims). Tasawwuf of Sufi masters such as Junyad Al-Baghdadi, Abu Sulayman Al-Darani, etc. belong to this category of authentic and genuine Tasawwuf.

The extreme sufism is a pseudo-Sufism which includes those who uphold and advocate cultic practices or customs that are contrary to the Sunnah, as well as those who have mixed Sufism with speculative Mysticism/Neo-Platonism, and thus dabble in metaphysical theories about cosmos, emanations, etc. Both these groups are charlatans and impostors. While the former invent new forms of `Ibadah (acts of worship) that are not sanctioned by the Law-giver, the latter mix philosophy with religion and blur the essential distinction between the Creator and creation, which is the basis of Prophetic religion. There is no doubt that indulgence in such forms of Sufism takes humans away from their true purpose and mission in life which is to do God’s will on earth. These pseudo-Sufis turn the goal of human life into contemplation of mysteries of the universe; it is contrary to the Qur’anic definition of the purpose of human existence.

It is because of the real dangers inherent in such aberrations, and deviations that the early Sufi masters tirelessly preached the importance of weighing everything by the firm yardstick of the Shari`ah: Abu Al-Qasim Al-Junayd, one of the genuine masters of authentic Tasawwuf, said, “The essence of Tawhid (monotheism) is to distinguish the eternal from the temporal”; he also said, “Whoever does not retain the Qur’an, nor studies the Hadith cannot be trusted in this matter (Tasawwuf) since our knowledge is bound solely by the teachings of the Book and the Sunnah.”

Abu Sulayman Ad-Darani said, “Often one of the insights of the Sufi folk occurs to me and yet I do not accept it until I examine it by the testimony of the two of the most reliable witnesses: the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him.”

According to an eminent scholar, “Authentic Tasawwuf is at once a cognitive and practical discipline of souls, curing of diseases of hearts, implanting of virtues, and purging souls off their vices and carnal desires, and training in patience, contentment and obedience to Allah; it is struggle against the carnal soul, and combating its base inclinations and meticulous scrutiny of actions and non-actions, and guarding souls against the invasions and influx of heedlessness and vain thoughts, and severing off all hindrances and obstacles that hinder and hamper one’s journey to Allah; it is asceticism in everything that distracts a person from celebrating remembrance of Allah and make one’s hearts focused on it. It is knowledge of Allah and conviction in Him, affirming His Oneness and glorifying Him, and turning wholly unto Him, and turning away from everything else; it is to be solely focused entirely on worshipping and obeying Allah, and compliance with His limits, and acting according to His Shari`ah, and exposing oneself to the graces and gifts that Allah vouchsafes to His chosen servants as a sheer sign of His grace and mercy.”

Another scholar said, “Tasawwuf is to adorn oneself with every noble traits of character and to shun every base one.” Or, stated differently, “It is to examine one’s states and cling to noble manners.”

When defined in this way Tasawwuf is not only an authentic Islamic discipline but the quintessence of Islam as an experiential reality.”

You can also read more in these links:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&=1119503544182

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&=1119503545786
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by babs787(m): 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2009
@Abdulrazaq

'Inna Laha wa Malaikatau yusoluna ala Nabiyy, Ya ayuha lazina amanu, soluu alaehi . . .' That's a Qur'anic verse pointing to us the importance of Solatula ala Nabiyy (SAW)

Hope you are not referring to Solatul Fatih?
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Ansary(m): 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2009
Salam. You see, you say thngs in order to beautify ur belief or somethng that is no true. You said grave yards are been taking as worshiping grounds? At where? Did you ever saw them worshiping? Also, praying to saints? Taking others as intercessors with Allah? All these are pure lies and qazaf, and I assure none of these is true, for I am one of the tijania followas and we were taught nothing, but kuran and the sunnah of SAW. These histories and quotes from your teachers are not standard enough and you have no right to reject or accept any ibadah to Allah, because u are here too struggling for the acceptance of yours. We believed to be Ahlussunnah wal jamaat, but you are saying you don't agree, why? Who are you to approve? This is the problem.
"Allahumma salli ala sayyadna Muhammad al fatihil ma ublika wal katibil ma sabaka nasirul haqqi bil haqq, wal hadi ila siradikal mustakim wa ala alihi haqqa qadrihi wa miqdarihil azim." this is the salatul fatih you are talking about, what is the problem with it?
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by abdurrazaq(m): 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2009
babs787:

@Abdulrazaq

Hope you are not referring to Solatul Fatih?
Assolatula Fatih is just one of numerous Solatu we have. In the Qur'anic verse I was trying to quote up there, Allah (SWT) did not specify exactly which solatu to recite.

You're right about me being Tijaniyyah. What Tijaniyyah is far from what you typed. Tijaniyyah is all about learning to details and putting to practise the teachings of Allah and his prophet. Like I said earlier. ISTIGIFARU, SOLATU ALA NABIYY & KALIMOTUL MUSHARAF are not bidha in Islam.

It's a pity I'm not always active in this section of nairaland
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by babs787(m): 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2009
@Ansary & AbdulRazaq

Salam. You see, you say thngs in order to beautify ur belief or somethng that is no true.

Salam.Which belief of mine are you referring to?

You said grave yards are been taking as worshiping grounds? At where? Did you ever saw them worshiping? Also, praying to saints? Taking others as intercessors with Allah? All these are pure lies and qazaf, and I assure none of these is true, for I am one of the tijania followas and we were taught nothing, but kuran and the sunnah of SAW. These histories and quotes from your teachers are not standard enough and you have no right to reject or accept any ibadah to Allah, because u are here too struggling for the acceptance of yours. We believed to be Ahlussunnah wal jamaat, but you are saying you don't agree, why? Who are you to approve? This is the problem.

Its quite funny that you couldnt provide enough rebuttal to the fact I presented and if I may ask you again, what is the stand of Tijjaniyah on Democracy and Music? Go through my post again for understanding. I am not Allah and not here to judge but the truth must still be told.

"Allahumma salli ala sayyadna Muhammad al fatihil ma ublika wal katibil ma sabaka nasirul haqqi bil haqq, wal hadi ila siradikal mustakim wa ala alihi haqqa qadrihi wa miqdarihil azim." this is the salatul fatih you are talking about, what is the problem with it?

What happened to Solatul Ibrahim and do you take what the prophet is not aware as against what he taught us (Solatul Ibrahim)?

Read more here please
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-163405.0.html

I rest my case. Maa Salam
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Cayon(f): 3:42am On Jan 05, 2009
@Poster

how is this (sufism) different from Shiism
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Ansary(m): 6:38am On Jan 05, 2009
Enough evidence 4 what. U are going 2 prove 2 me, and other muslim ummah that, istigfar, salat, hailala and jauhara reciting in congregation is not part of Islam. The stand of tijjania on Democracy u asked, right? What is the stand of Islam on democracy?. So also that of music. Music hearing disrupt iman, i believe. Whatever is the stand of entire muslim on everything that is it to islam. Tijjania is not a mazhab, it follows mazhab Imam Malik bn Anas, and others in the some other part.
Also, salat Ibrahim was said by Muhd SAW, did He said again it is bida to recite any other salat to Him. You should understand that, when the sahaba asked him the salat, he sat silent 4 a while, then said. "Allahuma salli ala saiyadna muhd wa ala ali muhd kama sallaita, wa rahimta, wa barak ala ibrahm wa ala ali ibrahim innaka hamidun majid." that Allah should do salat to him and his ahl, do way he did to ibrahm AS and his ahl.
U heard wen d sahaba uzd 2 go to SAW's house to eat and conversd, Rasulullah couldnt tel, Cont.
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Ansary(m): 6:58am On Jan 05, 2009
Tel dem that he was disturbd until wen Allah SWT reveald d ayah, and informd dem, dat d rasul is shy to tel dem, but Allah do not shy on the truth: ", fa yastahyi minkum, wallahu la yastahyi minal haq, " said Allah.
SAW is a man with shy, so he said, just say Allah should do salat to me, the way he did to Ibrahm. Salat al fatih say Allah should do salat to the rasul for what he is to Him. No one knws the darajat of Muhd SAW, to Allah except Allah, I thnk ds is a good salat since d prophet did not call doing any salat to him a bid'a. Also putting that cloth as sed by a broda that it is a seat 4 a sheikh is a lie and qazaf, u need to ask b4 jzt sayng what u feel like. Durng the early time of d wazifa, people sit like in prayas in sahu, so animals usd to jzt pass as they like, den the muslm thought it dsrespect so dey changd 2 da'ira (circle), it is insyd a mosque so smal children uzd 2 pass through, so they put the white clothing, no any sane man or boy would match via dem onto d white cloth. Whether there is
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Ansary(m): 7:06am On Jan 05, 2009
There is d clothng or not, they can perform their wazifa, it is nothng, jzt meant 4 blockn d way 4 people esp.small children, as they respect the clean white cloth. Some mosques without passage via d daira do not put dem. Allah aalam. Salam
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by babs787(m): 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2009
@Ansary

When I a less busy, would reply your post on Solatul Fathi and Wazifa in which you said its becasue of animals and children they spread the cloth.
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by babs787(m): 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2009
@Ansary

Salam brother.

I know that they can do it without spreading any cloth cos I saw them did that.
I also noticed that these people do not pray Nawafil after MAGHRIB before observing it.

I know that it connotes a particuar type of Zikr but it cannot be accounted for as it happens to be Bidah in which many Ahlus Sunnah Scholars consider as Bid'a and is not allowed in Islam. For more details, refer to tafsir of "Raddul Azhan ila Ma'anilQur'an" by Shiekh Abubakar Mahmoud Gumi and there are other other facts as well.

Though the meaning is very ok but do we ignore the Sunnah of the prophet as against the man made deeds?

Maa Salam
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by Ansary(m): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2009
Salam, i knw u wl neva blv me, so am nt wastng mor tym hye. Al i'l say s Allah should let us b on d straight path.
Read ma post wel, i didn't say d wazifa s a nafila, i sed nafilat prayas must nt necessarily b afta magrib, and since it s a nafila u musn't b condemnd 4 nt prayn it, and look out 4 d tru tijania people, u'l c dey 1st pray d nafila b4 d wazifa.
I am nt givn salatul fatih 2 salat ibrahmi, 4 it hs dt izzah 4 comng out of d pure mouth of SAW, bt salat fatih s great if u realy knw what u r sayn n it.
4 d cloth, check d post of zayhal 2 confirm.
Frm d very start, I knw dt u r nt here 2 blv anythng whether truth o false if it s against ur own whch i blv s izala, so am nt supryz. Tek Tijania d way u feel lyk, nt jzt bid'a tek it anythng, we r nt stoppn istigfar, hailala, jauhara, nd odas because u blv dey r bid'a, as I tel u ur conscnt s nothng 2 our belief, Allah's conscnt s wat we r afta, nd He alon we r doing al these 2.
Bida? u gav a detaild descrption of it nd we blvd.
Re: Sufism In Islam. Share Your Opinions With Us. by samba123(m): 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2009
nice to read those post about sufism, I think we might get some little more clarification regarding what is Tariqa? and how do you explain that in term of our Prophet Mohammad (SAW) practices. Ansary can you explain that further? what sufism are you attach? thank bro,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures / Speaking A White Lie In An Attempt To Reconcile Between People / Be The Best To Your Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.