Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? (10522 Views)

What's The Likelihood Of Finding A Decent Girl To Marry At A Night Club? / Ladies Fight Over A Guy In LAGBUS Enroute Ojota To CMS (photos) / 10 Kinds Of Guys That Find It Difficult To Approach/Woo A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 30, 2015
my name is gozie, i am female and i am from Anambra state. I have been in Lagos almost all my life; schooled in lagos, served in lagos and currently working in Lagos.
meeting a decent igbo guy in Lagos has been a herculean's task since my university days, i have mostly had guys from other tribes flock around me and i am really not looking to settle down with a non-igbo guy(and please it has nothing to do with being tribalistic because the ratio of my non-igbo friends to the igbo ones is like 80:20).
so i would really like to know why it is difficult, cos i know Lagos is more populated with igbo people. so is it my location? or maybe i don't go out often? or maybe it is not the right time?

please feel free to drop your comments.

p.S. should in case a decent igbo guy(residing in Lagos) stumbles upon this post, i am just a mail away: chigiee@yahoo.com

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by moststylish(m): 11:10am On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:
my name is gozie, i am female and i am from Anambra state. I have been in Lagos almost all my life; schooled in lagos, served in lagos and currently working in Lagos.
meeting a decent igbo guy in Lagos has been a herculean's task since my university days, i have mostly had guys from other tribes flock around me and i am really not looking to settle down with a non-igbo guy(and please it has nothing to do with being tribalistic because the ratio of my non-igbo friends to the igbo ones is like 80:20).
so i would really like to know why it is difficult, cos i know Lagos is more populated with igbo people. so is it my location? or maybe i don't go out often? or maybe it is not the right time?

p.S. should in case a decent igbo guy(residing in Lagos) stumbles upon this post, i am just a mail away: chigiee@yahoo.com
show your face pls
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 30, 2015
moststylish:
show your face pls

for security reasons, i would rather not unless i know you in person. i hope you understand.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by iceberylin(m): 11:14am On Jan 30, 2015
Hausa boys be like...
moststylish:
show your face pls
moststylish:
show your face pls

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Rapmoney(m): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2015
Op, there are so many nice and decent Igbo guys in Lagos! Who told u there are none? Or is it that u are the indecent one? Repping Igbo guys to the core!!! grin
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by thiefnubu(m): 11:16am On Jan 30, 2015
hmmmmm

Another ritualist on the prowl cry

You want us to meet you so that you can use our amu for rituals abi?

Anyway

If you can't find your type of man in the whole of Lagos, then you have to check yourself. ... maybe you aren't worth having those types of men

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by eyeview: 11:17am On Jan 30, 2015
That's because you've been hanging out at the wrong places
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 30, 2015
Rapmoney:
Op, there are so many nice and decent Igbo guys in Lagos! Who told u there are none? Or is it that u are the indecent one? Repping Igbo guys to the core!!! grin

lol at me being the "indecent one". i wish i was because it seems these days they are the ones getting hooked up to the good guys..

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 30, 2015
eyeview:
That's because you've been hanging out at the wrong places

ok, so my question would be "where are the right places?"

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 11:23am On Jan 30, 2015
its all depends on what you mean by being decent, if it is decent in Character....then you have to meet me before you jump into the conclusion but in the other way round, if your own definition of decency is in monetary terms......o girl, you no carry any igbo boy come Lagos, guys dey hustle for their prospective wife not for a random chick

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 30, 2015
You are not searching in the right places. Checkout the spareparts and building material shops at Alaba, them many there.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by ronald4lif(m): 11:26am On Jan 30, 2015
Rapmoney:

So you be nwa afor sef grin

I thought you are from Warri
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 30, 2015
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
its all depends on what you mean by being decent, if it is decent in Character....then you have to meet me before you jump into the conclusion but in the other way round, if your own definition of decency is in monetary terms......o girl, you no carry any igbo boy come Lagos, guys dey hustle for their prospective wife not for a random chick

oh so, was the "prospective wife" never a "random chick" at a particular point in time? did you think this your post through? and since when did the word "decent" come to mean "money"? shocked please enlighten me, i am willing to learn

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Richard6(m): 11:29am On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

U are wrong, am not saying that am a decent person but there are many decent guys in lagos. I reside in lagos and I know what am saying, so search well
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 30, 2015
3cycle:
You are not searching in the right places. Checkout the spareparts and building material shops at Alaba, them many there.

lwkmd.. unfortunately nothing ever takes me to that part of Lagos. i am sure some still stay on the mainland so ama keep hoping grin
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by OGeeKush(m): 11:29am On Jan 30, 2015
Coz they niggaz r tryin to make a living.. Be patient, when they r done they'll come for ya

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by demelza: 11:30am On Jan 30, 2015
3cycle:

grin True talk.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 30, 2015
OGeeKush:
Coz they niggaz r tryin to make a living.. Be patient, when they r done they'll come for ya

i like your post. Thanks for dropping by.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 30, 2015
Richard6:

U are wrong, am not saying that am a decent person but there are many decent guys in lagos. I reside in lagos and I know what am saying, so search well

noted
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 30, 2015
Tinubu:
hmmmmm

Another ritualist on the prowl cry

You want us to meet you so that you can use our amu for rituals abi?

Anyway

If you can't find your type of man in the whole of Lagos, then you have to check yourself. ... maybe you aren't worth having those types of men

noted
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 11:37am On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

oh so, was the "prospective wife" never a "random chick" at a particular point in time? did you think this your post through? and since when did the word "decent" come to mean "money"? shocked please enlighten me, i am willing to learn
Ok young lady, let me enlighten you abit, its absurd for an igbo girl in her mid 20's to rant online that their are no decent Igbo boys in lagos, except obviously if she meant money wise decency which my igbo brothers are not willing to spend on and random chick, I mean RANDOM CHICK!!! looking for a pocket to feast on.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 30, 2015
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
Ok young lady, let me enlighten you abit, its absurd for an igbo girl in her mid 20's to rant online that their are no decent Igbo boys in lagos, except obviously if she meant money wise decency which my igbo brothers are not willing to spend on and random chick, I mean RANDOM CHICK!!! looking for a pocket to feast on.

noted

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by eyeview: 11:43am On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

ok, so my question would be "where are the right places?"

Am sure you are looking at a guy you can happily settle down with,not just for fun. If right,then you have to note the following:
1,Reappraise where you having been hoping to meet such guys. You can't be hanging out at clubs at night and expect to meet an igbo guy that is decent. Hardly will you come to such places and expect a guy that is willing to take you home to parents. Most guys coming there are coming with a mindset-quickfun.
2,Reappraise yourself and ask if you 'form',living a life that projects you as a high class chic,projecting an expensive class. You gotta understand that while that can be a turn-on for yoruba boys,its a complete put-off for an igbo guy. They just easily see you as unreal. This is as a result of their traditional values upbringing. So you might have to check yourself and see whether you'll have to come down to earth a bit.
3,Because a majority of the decent igbo guys moved to Lagos at one time or the other,they still have ties with their homes and won't flow well with any girl that has become too 'lagosnised'. For eg,a hardworking igbo boy will choose a girl that will encourage that they save and build a house in d village first over that one that want him to pay millions as rent in the 'highest brow' of Lagos,drive the costliest car but with no bucket to their name in their village. The latter might work for a yoruba guy(a typical example is D'banj living expensively in a rented house in lekki1 while P'square stayed at Omole and built their own house). And they look out for these things in their conversations with you.
Since you were born and bred in Lagos,you might not have taken time to note these things.
I wish you the best.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 30, 2015
There are decent Igbo guys like me wink....trust me. Just keep searching but make sure you are decent because things attract their likes!
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

lwkmd.. unfortunately nothing ever takes me to that part of Lagos. i am sure some still stay on the mainland so ama keep hoping grin
Just say you're looking for the educated ones. grin
Visit any fidelity or diamond bank closeby wink most customers and bankers are "decent" igbo guys.
Where is lagatusglaber? He will help find igbo guys for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 11:51am On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

noted
Good girl, but you can give me a trial and you will be convienced
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 30, 2015
eyeview:

Am sure you are looking at a guy you can happily settle down with,not just for fun. If right,then you have to note the following:
1,Reappraise where you having been hoping to meet such guys. You can't be hanging out at clubs at night and expect to meet an igbo guy that is decent. Hardly will you come to such places and expect a guy that is willing to take you home to parents. Most guys coming there are coming with a mindset-quickfun.
2,Reappraise yourself and ask if you 'form',living a life that projects you as a high class chic,projecting an expensive class. You gotta understand that while that can be a turn-on for yoruba boys,its a complete put-off for an igbo guy. They just easily see you as unreal. This is as a result of their traditional values upbringing. So you might have to check yourself and see whether you'll have to come down to earth a bit.
3,Because a majority of the decent igbo guys moved to Lagos at one time or the other,they still have ties with their homes and won't flow well with any girl that has become too 'lagosnised'. For eg,a hardworking igbo boy will choose a girl that will encourage that they save and build a house in d village first over that one that want him to pay millions as rent in the 'highest brow' of Lagos,drive the costliest car but with no bucket to their name in their village. The latter might work for a yoruba guy(a typical example is D'banj living expensively in a rented house in lekki1 while P'square stayed at Omole and built their own house). And they look out for these things in their conversations with you.
Since you were born and bred in Lagos,you might have taken time to note these things.
I wish you the best.

i don't club and i don't have pride. the major problem is that i work late; i leave the house as early as 6:25am and sometimes i come back by 9pm so there is really no time to socialize except on weekends (which i use for doing laundry and housekeeping). *sigh* i guess i would just have to find time somehow out of my busy schedule to socialize.

thanks for your comment. have a blessed day

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 30, 2015
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
Good girl, but you can give me a trial and you will be convienced

i think i'll pass

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by obisite: 11:54am On Jan 30, 2015
3cycle:

Lolz.. . Funny but true

KAYCEEJUNIOR:

From the Op post, she never said no decent Igbo boys,, , ratio signify even the Topic too.. .. As regards to "decent guy"... No other perspective could be Accord to it than than the singular view of the word "decent"
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by eyeon(m): 11:54am On Jan 30, 2015
I told them I wanted to go to Lagos and they refused, now see opportunity just passing by...
Gozie don't worry okay, though I'm not there, I'm not the only decent Igbo guy. You'll either meet him or meet me in another anonymous state.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 30, 2015
3cycle:

Just say you're looking for the educated ones. grin
Visit any fidelity or diamond bank closeby wink most customers and bankers are "decent" igbo guys.
Where is lagatusglaber? He will help find igbo guys for you.

trust me, some igbo business men are more polished than the educated ones; i know this because my sister married one and you would never tell that he didnt further his studies.

so it is really not about the guy's educational background.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 30, 2015
eyeon:
I told them I wanted to go to Lagos and they refused, now see opportunity just passing by...
Gozie don't worry okay, though I'm not there, I'm not the only decent Igbo guy. You'll either meet him or meet me in another anonymous state.

awww. how sweet. thanks for dropping by

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Didnt Sleep With The Guy, We Just Romanced And He Just Cum Inside Me Small / Naija Girls Are Unintelligently Funny Abeg WTF Is This (photo) / Naija! Tiny Guy F*cking A Drunk Fat Lady Wit Thick, Fat Kpekus Ontop Car Burnett

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.