Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? (10571 Views)

What's The Likelihood Of Finding A Decent Girl To Marry At A Night Club? / Ladies Fight Over A Guy In LAGBUS Enroute Ojota To CMS (photos) / 10 Kinds Of Guys That Find It Difficult To Approach/Woo A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 30, 2015
zyzxx:
Wish you best of luck in your search

thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by eyeview: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

thanks dear. would see which of the options above is more plausible

I somehow understand how you feel. You've seen a lot of bad girls who did really worse things still attract guys and settled down and you tend to wanna question your 'goodness'. Just hang in there and keep keeping your head on high. You'll soon look back at this post and laugh(cos by then you would have been happily married).
Also,I can bet a lot of mails will be flooding your inbox henceforth. Selah

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
tonychristopher:

I have a friend he has an online form and in his mid 30s and he is OK ..he met this Igbo babe her taste was as high as Eiffel tower wanting to go for dinner every day and minimum 9f her demand is like 10k and this chap is cool and handsome with a good car wanting to settle down like yesterday

He basically dumped the girl due to her vanity tendencies and got hooked up to his girl from east. I think most Lagos girls are losing touch with reality on ground . Too much kardashian show and telemundo shiiiits are messing their brains up

That's why you see a lot of baby mamas and old single ladies

Left for me I can and will always go back to eastern cities to hook up. Who wants to marry a girl that has virtually slept in all hotels in Lagos

So girls don't paint a good pictures of themselves so they get a bad appreciation of themselves

Rebrand yourself you get decent men.
I know of my friends that earn good money and they want decent Igbo chicks but they rarely see ..they end up marrying from east

So most Lagos born Igbo babes have lost touch with what it means to be a wife to an Igbo man

My humble observations and submissions
Oh please shut up. Backward mentality of some dudes sha undecided
Who told you all single city girls jump from hotel to hotel? You disgust me with your statement.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

unfortunately you are wrong; unlike terms attract and like terms repel.. that's life

this appeals more to science (magnetism) than real life scenario... Consider law of attraction for real life events.
Are you a feminist? no offence but it is a turnoff for my Igbo bros...
Also, thread with caution dear. A similar frustration almost left me with fingers burnt. Now, I am calmly waiting for her whether we meet in Lagos or anywhere is of no significance to me. ##So far we meet##.
Finally; consider those submissions by eyeview... goodluck
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
eyeview:

I somehow understand how you feel. You've seen a lot of bad girls who did really worse things still attract guys and settled down and you tend to wanna question your 'goodness'. Just hang in there and keep keeping your head on high. You'll soon look back at this post and laugh(cos by then you would have been happily married).
Also,I can bet a lot of mails will be flooding your inbox henceforth. Selah

that is the idea my dear, to look back at this post in the future and smile.
ve really enjoyed your contributions and that of others here, it has made me take a step back and check myself for the things i may not be doing right.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

this appeals more to science (magnetism) than real life scenario... Consider law of attraction for real life events.
Also, thread with caution dear. A similar frustration almost left me with fingers burnt. Now, I am calmly waiting for her whether we meet in Lagos or anywhere is of no significance to me. ##So far we meet##.
Finally; consider those submissions by eyeview... goodluck

noted. thanks
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
3cycle:

Oh please shut up. Backward mentality of some dudes sha undecided
Who told you all single city girls jump from hotel to hotel? You disgust me with your statement.

i love your comment, you could not have said it any better.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Rapmoney(m): 12:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
ronald4lif:

Lol! Okay, nwa afor brain and warri over sense put together grin

No wonder you are one of the very few brothers here who doesn't woman wrapper about smiley

Thanks bro! You too much! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
Monicasque:
honey if u don't mind, do u mind me asking you why u don't wana be in a relationship with a non-Igbo?
I always advise young girls to marry for love and also marry someone you understand their culture, traditions and life.
Moreover she is anambra and most anambra babes hardly marry non-igbo's else family might disassociate themselves.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

noted. thanks

Are you feminist? No offence plz just that it's a turnoff for folks like me with Igbo background...
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 30, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Are you feminist? No offence plz just that it's a turnoff for folks like me with Igbo background...

noted
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by beckyomas(f): 1:12pm On Jan 30, 2015
tonychristopher:

Decent is relative

What is your definition of decent man before we can help you

Thank you
You didn't think to ask her what she meant at first before you typed all that.
Trust me, op is a decent woman because I can imagine what her response would have been like otherwise.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Igbo men and pride. He wants a robot for a partner, bros daalu with your search. grin
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
3cycle:

Igbo men and pride. He wants a robot for a partner, bros daalu with your search. grin

lwkm. your comment got me laughing hard
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by iroko2020(m): 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
I think Christopher is saying the right thing.some of these Igbo girls born in Lagos have this unrealistic standard for there men and are sometimes feminist. they also have this spirit of entitlement without having the request qualification for such entitlements.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by feeekey(f): 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
I hope u haven't dated a married man whose wife cursed u while she was naked jus asking cos I knw of someone dat went to serve @ asaba she was having her ppa @ d man's office so dey were dating dat apart another one was using her bodi to build her account while d service year lasted 3 of us are igbo girls infact from anambra state so check urself already ask for forgiveness of ur sins frm God pray and fast

Asides all dese our tastes are always too high when looking for spouses a friend of mine insisted on marrying an abroad based guy she's not d only one so jus try and bring ur self to love a man u can build an empire with and not d one dat already has

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
iroko2020:
I think Christopher is saying the right thing.some of these Igbo girls born in Lagos have this unrealistic standard for there men and are sometimes feminist. they also have this spirit of entitlement without having the request qualification for such entitlements.

noted
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2015
3cycle:

lolz... don't get it twisted. It's not necessarily pride but its been ordained by Chukwu okike that all have their role mapped out. Mind you; I hate women who don't have a mind of their own but not a boss or feminist in my house...Have you ever wondered why with all the marriage counselling classes, epistles, seminars etc we have more divorce and failed marriages than our patriarchs who never had such...We need to go back to the root bro...

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
feeekey:
I hope u haven't dated a married man whose wife cursed u while she was naked jus asking cos I knw of someone dat went to serve @ asaba she was having her ppa @ d man's office so dey were dating dat apart another one was using her bodi to build her account while d service year lasted 3 of us are igbo girls infact from anambra state so check urself already ask for forgiveness of ur sins frm God pray and fast

i will never think of being close friends with a married man, let alone date one.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

lolz... don't get it twisted. It's not necessarily pride but its been ordained by Chukwu okike that all have their role mapped out. Mind you; I hate women who don't have a mind of their own but not a boss or feminist in my house...Have you ever wondered why with all the marriage counselling classes, epistles, seminars etc we have more divorce and failed marriages than our patriarchs who never had such...We need to go back to the root bro...
If you love women with a mind of their own, then you will love a feminist. Marriages fail due to lack of understanding and tolerance.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

what root are you referring to? the days where most women ended up as housewives while the men go out to fend for the entire family? err, i think those days are over now, cos even men of this generation want to settle down with women who are gainfully employed. The shameless men will want to play the Househusband role while the women go out to fend for the family.

and are we talking about the same God? i mean the God who ordained for women to be " Helpers" to their husbands. your wife is meant to be your partner and if you treat her less than that or end up treating her less than that, then you are wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
feeekey:

Kedu ife ona ko
Abeg shift if you have no meaningful thing to say, coming from a lady I will suggest you go for a brain check.
That you and your fellow corpers slept with married men and ended up cursed does not mean most single ladies were cursed. Read again and understand where she's coming from.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by kelechi50: 1:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
eyeview:

Am sure you are looking at a guy you can happily settle down with,not just for fun. If right,then you have to note the following:
1,Reappraise where you having been hoping to meet such guys. You can't be hanging out at clubs at night and expect to meet an igbo guy that is decent. Hardly will you come to such places and expect a guy that is willing to take you home to parents. Most guys coming there are coming with a mindset-quickfun.
2,Reappraise yourself and ask if you 'form',living a life that projects you as a high class chic,projecting an expensive class. You gotta understand that while that can be a turn-on for yoruba boys,its a complete put-off for an igbo guy. They just easily see you as unreal. This is as a result of their traditional values upbringing. So you might have to check yourself and see whether you'll have to come down to earth a bit.
3,Because a majority of the decent igbo guys moved to Lagos at one time or the other,they still have ties with their homes and won't flow well with any girl that has become too 'lagosnised'. For eg,a hardworking igbo boy will choose a girl that will encourage that they save and build a house in d village first over that one that want him to pay millions as rent in the 'highest brow' of Lagos,drive the costliest car but with no bucket to their name in their village. The latter might work for a yoruba guy(a typical example is D'banj living expensively in a rented house in lekki1 while P'square stayed at Omole and built their own house). And they look out for these things in their conversations with you.
Since you were born and bred in Lagos,you might not have taken time to note these things.
I wish you the best.
kudos for this great analysis that is the reason many ibo girls born and bred in lagos hardly marry because they fail to understand that we have culture,norms,and value our tradition.some guys prefer to go home and marry
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
kelechi50:
kudos for this great analysis that is the reason many ibo girls born and bred in lagos hardly marry because they fail to understand that we have culture,norms,and value our tradition.some guys prefer to go home and marry

okay. good for you.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by ChristyG(f): 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:
my name is gozie, i am female and i am from Anambra state. I have been in Lagos almost all my life; schooled in lagos, served in lagos and currently working in Lagos.
meeting a decent igbo guy in Lagos has been a herculean's task since my university days, i have mostly had guys from other tribes flock around me and i am really not looking to settle down with a non-igbo guy(and please it has nothing to do with being tribalistic because the ratio of my non-igbo friends to the igbo ones is like 80:20).
so i would really like to know why it is difficult, cos i know Lagos is more populated with igbo people. so is it my location? or maybe i don't go out often? or maybe it is not the right time?

please feel free to drop your comments.

p.S. should in case a decent igbo guy(residing in Lagos) stumbles upon this post, i am just a mail away: chigiee@yahoo.com
who told this suberu girl that lagos is more populated with ibos,where did u get that sh1t stats from,dont be deceived by d useless numbers nl ibos write here,dere is nothing like dat..if u looking for ur ibo guy,move to east where majority of them are,lagos is not iboland,dont get it twisted

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
ChristyG:
who told this suberu girl that lagos is more populated with ibos,where did u get that sh1t stats from,dont be deceived by d useless numbers nl ibos write here,dere is nothing like dat..if u looking for ur ibo guy,move to east where majority of them are,lagos is not iboland,dont get it twisted

you sound bitter. trouble at home? yes? try praying, you will feel much better afterwards.

thanks for dropping by.

11 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by menix(m): 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2015
ChristyG:

Within u, u re happy to ve contributed bah..
Don't worry Fashola will name yaba cementry after u..

9 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
ChristyG:
Last time I checked, lagos is still in Nigeria and Nigerians reside there. Igbos reside in Lagos and infact we have more of them in Lag than in any part of the west. Lagos is igboland, Now kill yourself undecided

9 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by obisite: 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
ChristyG:

This is serious... try to be constructive when criticizing or making opinion.... . . Make it more eloquent.. . You sound harsh. lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by obisite: 2:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

so this is what God means when He says that he will fight my battles for me. Obisite you have made my day kiss

Eyah!! Regards,, glad I did..., Do be a better day ahead.. ..!!
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
3cycle:

If you love women with a mind of their own, then you will love a feminist. Marriages fail due to lack of understanding and tolerance.

Bro...there's a whole lot of difference between a lady with a mind of own and a feminist...There's difference between pride and protecting your ego...it takes a woman of wisdom to strike a balance between being submissive to her man and being a "robot".

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

what root are you referring to? the days where most women ended up as housewives while the men go out to fend for the entire family? err, i think those days are over now, cos even men of this generation want to settle down with women who are gainfully employed. The shameless men will want to play the Househusband role while the women go out to fend for the family.

and are we talking about the same God? i mean the God who ordained for women to be " Helpers" to their husbands. your wife is meant to be your partner and if you treat her less than that or end up treating her less than that, then you are wrong.

Babe, you're getting it all mixed up.
First, I am not advocating housewife stuff which our tradition never even advocated. Yes! women had farms from where they fed their households then. There were farmsteads for different wives though the father worked more with his sons on the general farm. Remember, it was more of polygamous in nature. So our tradition; isn't pro-housewife par say fully.

Going back to the root involves such as respect for our culture, norms and values; which just like the bible has roles mapped out for every member of the household. I am for respect for family values. Don't usurp the role or office of your husband it is both against biblical and our traditional values my dear. Usurping roles is one of the cardinal principles of feminism, which is what many ladies do today; and end up bastardizing the institution of holy matrimony...
Yes, go back to the Bible and see exactly what God made marriage to be NOT What you think he made it to be...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“how I Mistakenly Slept With My Boyfriend’s Roommate” – Lady Recounts / If You Understand This Picture, Your Hellfire Ticket Don Green.. / She Does Not Pick My Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.