Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! (26732 Views)

Care And Management Of Body Odour / Common Toilet Disease : Symptoms And Prevention / Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2015
Buoyantic:
are u davido twin sister?

grin His elder Sister.... smiley
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by lesucreZA(f): 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2015
#Fact .....some people Will wear the same T-shirt used last week unwashed smelling sweat .....wear it again put on perfume on top of it , doesn't use Roll on neither shave the smell will be like Sewerage..... Nawa ooooo people should really be as very much hygienic on this hot weather ooooo......and in life ooooo.....I beg MEN change your BOXER don't sleep wearing it and wake up and go inside them again ooooooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Kingsasian(m): 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2015
Nneka123:
This thread is quite educative,no one wants to smell like poo! tongue

I always smell nice. My natural scent is da bomb! grin rose peachy tongue
hmmmm come close to me and I will prove u wrong...lol
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2015
VickyRotex:

grin His elder Sister.... smiley
what's wrong with you? U laugh alot are you having issues with your lips joining?

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 1:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
Buoyantic:
what's wrong with you? U laugh alot are you having issues with your lips joining?

yea, they never joined since I was born... sad
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Kingsasian(m): 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
Nice one but its meant mostly for the ladies because most guys like me don't have body odours even if we don't take our bath from morning till evening. Most ladies can't stay without taking their baths from morning till noon without odours emanating from their bosoms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by marshalcarter: 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2015
tongue na gals smell passgrin

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
VickyRotex:

yea, they never joined since I was born... sad
angry ur phone screen must be scattered with flood of spits
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by vislabraye(m): 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2015
As for ladies, what stinks the most about them is their pubic... They may be looking like sweet 16 with figure 8 and alluring skin. But when u get down to business, your room will smell.
As for guys, it's also very common. There's a guy i met in the bank, he was smelling like shiiit. No exaggeration. The use of deodorant and have bath regularly is a solution. If your case is too bad, kindly use anti-bacterial soap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by olexy4real(m): 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2015
Wuuworld:
The thing is much with girls,some of them smell like locust beans...LoL!! I die here... If u have Body odour,just know that ur body is no more the temple of God and holy spirit because they will suffocate if they live inside of u...

Lwkmd. Dis guy u wicked oh..

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by yemicoal(m): 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2015
Damn some fat girls tho lipsrsealed
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Reference(m): 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
VickyRotex:
Rotfl... Not common with girls na sad. Some guys own worse pass soakaway angry

Aha. Just a hand full of posts and you've gone sexist so let me give you some facts. I work mainly outdoors. I am a field person so sweat comes naturally with the job moreso as we slowly transit into the rainy season. Its a man's profession so I encounter lots of 'sweaty men'. Incidentally the only two cases of body odour I have encountered this year has been from women. One in a steamy waiting lounge and it was real bad. The other (quite surprising) was in a cool comfort of a banking hall at 8 opening morning and boy did her braids stink like NNPC's accounts.

When you factor in the reasons for both sexes to stink in their daily activities I think it balances out. Women because of the need to look good, the layering is often a problem when it ages and breaks down and their natural cycles viz the natural hyper-activity of the average man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Achilies(m): 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2015
Op can I give you've he number of my 4 ex girlfriends?? Because they really need your advice

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2015
Buoyantic:
angry ur phone screen must be scattered with flood of spits

Oh dear, how did you know sad sad
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2015
marshalcarter:
tongue na gals smell passgrin

undecided sad angry
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
vislabraye:
As for ladies, what stinks the most about them is their pubic... They may be looking like sweet 16 with figure 8 and alluring skin. But when u get down to business, your room will smell.
As for guys, it's also very common. There's a guy i met in the bank, he was smelling like shiiit. No exaggeration. The use of deodorant and have bath regularly is a solution. If your case is too bad, kindly use anti-bacterial soap.

sad angry

Chai Shit.... shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2015
Reference:

Aha. Just a hand full of posts and you've gone sexist so let me give you some facts. I work mainly outdoors. I am a field person so sweat comes naturally with the job moreso as we slowly transit into the rainy season. Its a man's profession so I encounter lots of 'sweaty men'. Incidentally the only two cases of body odour I have encountered this year has been from women. One in a steamy waiting lounge and it was real bad. The other (quite surprising) was in a cool comfort of a banking hall at 8 opening morning and boy did her braids stink like NNPC's accounts.

When you factor in the reasons for both sexes to stink in their daily activities I think it balances out. Women because of the need to look good, the layering is often a problem when it ages and breaks down and their natural cycles viz the natural hyper-activity of the average man.

Hmmmm sad... That word It "Balances" out... Thanks for not being a sexist... You tailored it out correctly.... smiley
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2015
Achilies:
Op can I give you've he number of my 4 ex girlfriends?? Because they really need your advice

shocked shocked shocked The 4 of them? shocked ... sad Send the message to them anonymously...
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
VickyRotex:
Ever since Harmattan dissaperared, I know that many people have started using handkerchiefs in public places angry not cos they have cold/flu, but its because of the unpleasant odour, permit me to say *Body Odour* they perceive. ;( sad hmmm I feel your pain.

The experience in our worship centres can be termed as a serious one. When people raise their hands to worship and it makes the atmosphere unpleasant. cry

Last Sunday, I could see some angry faces, embarassed reason cos they were been dazed by the unpleasant smell flying around, due to the odour perceived from people's body, and some without the odour were busy chewing garlic causing another offensive smell. (Yea, I love garlic, smiley grin but I wouldnt chew it, neither will I use it to discomfort others in public places).

Now, back to what I'm saying, why will you chose to discomfort others cos of your headache?

Dont get me wrong, there is a natural body odour, known as *Unique Scents*, but that doesnt make people around you cover their nostrils.

Research shows that there are various reasons why people have body odour, let me start with this

*From Childhood*
Yea, for some its right from being a baby, cos they werent properly taken care of by their Mum while growing up (Dont go fighting your Mum now, if you are a victim, there is a solution to it) smiley

Ofcos, it doesnt start reflecting then, cos you havent gotten to puberty, but the bomb explodes when you start experiencing puberty at whichever age you start, especially if you now add pepper to injury by not taking care of yourself.

Now, another is *Self inflicted body odour* Oh yea, its self inflicted cos you brought it upon yourself, due to negligence. Why will you neglect that important aspect of your life, tell me Why
;>

I got this from this webpage *Teen Health* it says
"We are always sweating, but many things causes us to sweat, morethan Usual, Hot weather, excercises, alcohol, and doing things that makes us anxious all cause the sweat flow. Sweating is one of the body's way of cooling down, and its important that we do sweat. There is a rare condition where people do not sweat, and they are at a very high risk of overheating".

I Sweat, initially, I used to think its a bad thing to sweat, but after carrying out my research, I realised its very good and necessary. Although one should control excess sweat (Remember, what too much of everything does). wink

Sweat by itself is not harmful, and does not have much of an odour, cos it consist of just salt and water. Most of the smell from the body is caused by bacteria which lives on the skin and in clothing. These bacterias use the sweat to grow.

Please to read more about that, Spare 5 to 10mins to google it, and dont stop at reading one webpage, read atleast 3 webpages to arrive at your conclusion. smiley

This brings me to the final point:
Before you conclude that your body odour is spiritual smiley , do all you can to take care of it. I know with this current weather, sweating is partially unavoidable, but you can prevent the offensive odour that accompanies it, if you are a victim.

There are various Anti-Perspirant, deodorants, Anti-Bacterial soaps that we can use, dont wanna mention a specific brand, cos am not paid for it wink

Anti-Perspirants prevents or reduces Perspiration/Sweats.

There are Cologne (Scented toilet water) we can use also. A popuar one is Novella Cologne (Oops, I just mentioned a brand smiley grin, well, let me name a few). I'm sure most of us used that cologne while in Sec School, some of us even used it as perfume grin. Its still very much available and affordable now.

Deodorants like *Dove* and *Sure* does the magic aswel, atleast people like us can manage to afford that.

Dont go about using Natural body spray, if you havent tackled body odour. It adds to the odour, thats why when some people passes you, you perceive a mixture of spoilt egg and perfume, its that offensive angry

Even without using a concentrated or expensive perfume, you are good to go once you have a very good deodorant that matches your skin. It doesnt just make people around you feel comfortable, it also makes you feel cool and boost your self esteem.

This is weekend, so I guess this is coming at the right time, a victim should make use of this weekend to make corrections.

If it warrants using iron sponge wink use (kidding). But dont shower like a baby.

Then please Shave... Shave ooo, its very Important.... grin

Let there be a sweet and aromatic atmosphere kiss in our worship centres this Sunday, Bikonu.

I hope this sure helps.

Ladies, Our Hair It also adds to it. Hmmmm, let me leave that, Its a word for another day. grin

I dont mean to hurt/step on anyone's toe, but even if I do, its all for our good. kiss

Well, Cyber Bullying is not allowed please.

Do have a beautiful weekend Nairalanders. Cheers.

‪#‎Sighs‬, drops Pen...

#VICKY ROTEX#

When I was advising new immigrants to develop a deodorant wearing habit last year at the travel section,people thought I was just being mean.There is nothing as uncomfortable as a guest with body odor or being in close proximity with someone with body odor,visiting their home is like torture.The worst culprits I have encountered are deeper lifers.two of the worst cases I know ,their houses reeked of strong odor and so did their bodies.One I actually worked with in my shait packing days and the other people made fun of her when she was away,calling her skunk etc and one of the hardest things to tell someone is that they smell.

Most Nigerians especially those in Nigeria don't wear deodorants and the body odor can be very pungent in our hot weather.many start doing so here after some subtle hints.I had a young new immigrant couple that I introduced to deodorants because I feared they may be ridiculed by someone someday or it would cost them job opportunities and I had to say it nicely and bought then deodorants too,hopefully they kept up with it,we lost touch.
Americans make fun of Africans in general for body odor.
People who go on mission trips come home talking about how bad people smelled and it's embarrassing to hear
I was at a winners chapel here the other day and when they ushered us into a room for a little reception for the visitors,the smell was unbelievable.
The atmosphere in that room was filled with an indescribable stench
Many don't even wash their trado all the sweat dries up and new ones are added on without deodorants
Tufia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
Nneka123:
Always quick to point fingers!

you guys ain't better either, you smell like crap!

Guys are actually worse,yes u are correct
Men have a stronger smell and many don't shave under their arms
Some think a cologne takes the place of deodorants,it doesn't

Guys listen up
Shave under your arms especially in Nigeria,it helps a whole lot
Buy a good deodorant and use it daily after a good bath and then a body spray
There is nothing as repulsive to a woman as a man with a bad odor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2015
Chidozieude:
Babymama

Babyosisi

This is a thread you will find very useful to help with your body and mouth odour

Hahahahaha
Did I wound you last year in my crusade against BO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by pweetixandy: 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2015
Too much nonsense in this post and it doesn't deserve frontpage..the o.p started by spewing gibberish that's just unnecessary. Body odour becos ur mum didn't take care of her child well? I cldnt even finish it. Nairaland...una well don

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 6:48pm On Feb 03, 2015
pweetixandy:
Too much nonsense in this post and it doesn't deserve frontpage..the o.p started by spewing gibberish that's just unnecessary. Body odour becos ur mum didn't take care of her child well? I cldnt even finish it. Nairaland...una well don

This FP people keep talking about, I really dont get. Like the FP adds anything intellectual to people. You think il be so less busy, to start clamouring for front page.. I wrote this to educate, not to huzzle for a FP that doesnt increase me.... If this is gibberish to you, its not gibberish to others.

BTW your entitled to your own opinion, same way I'm entitled to mine....

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
babyosisi:

When I was advising new immigrants to develop a deodorant wearing habit last year at the travel section,people thought I was just being mean.There is nothing as uncomfortable as a guest with body odor or being in close proximity with someone with body odor,visiting their home is like torture.The worst culprits I have encountered are deeper lifers.two of the worst cases I know ,their houses smelt of strong odor and so did their bodies.One I actually worked with in my shait packing days and the other people made fun of her when she was away,calling her skunk etc and one of the hardest things to tell someone is that they smell.

Most Nigerians especially those in Nigeria don't wear deodorants and the body odor can be very pungent in our hot weather.many start doing so here after some subtle hints.I had a young new immigrant couple that I introduced to deodorants because I feared they may be ridiculed by someone someday or it would cost them job opportunities and I had to say it nicely and bought then deodorants too,hopefully they kept up with it,we lost touch.
Americans make fun of Africans in general for body odor.
People who go on mission trips come home talking about how bad people smelled and it's embarrassing to hear
I was at a winners chapel here the other day and when they ushered us into a room for a little reception for the visitors,the smell was unbelievable.
The atmosphere in that room was filled with an indescribable stench
Many don't even wash their trado all the sweat dries up and new ones are added on without deodorants
Tufia

Thank you for the info.... Please dont get tired of correcting people....

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Clinton594(m): 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2015
VickyRotex:

Wow.... for real? I dont even know you from Adam, sup with the insult then? If this is meaningless to you, it isnt meaningless to others.
Thanks....

who doesn't know this is a guy under a female clothing. I thought you'd fire back but wow I loved that maturity .

people like you open meaningless threads trying to form clean babe
but behind the scenes your pusssy dey smell pass IRU-WORO
mtceeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by twerkjack: 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
VickyRotex:
Rotfl... Not common with girls na sad. Some guys own worse pass soakaway angry
LWKMD +FALLS FROM BED+ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2015
Clinton594:

who doesn't know this is a guy under a female clothing. I thought you'd fire back but wow I loved that maturity .

Thanks.... There s just no point firing back..
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2015
twerkjack:
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2015
VickyRotex:

Yaaayy... Mr. Okiki longest time. smiley
Yea I did.... Thank you....
I think its important one talks about it, to help prevent it especially with this harsh weather

Sure.

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 9:27pm On Feb 03, 2015
twerkjack:

grin
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by adeodunsimilolu(f): 9:38pm On Feb 03, 2015
AdorableJosh:
Really I can't for the life of me stand body odour. It's criminal - not the odour itself but the nonchalant attitude of the carriers.
u can always know them thru their words hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Health Benefits Of Beans You Should Know / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS / 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.