Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (34574 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? / Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful? / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Etizz: 7:25am On Feb 01, 2015
If wearing chain wrist watch is a sin den wearing chain necklace is a sin also...... So am asking, is wearing a chain wrist watch a sin?

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 01, 2015
Its not sinful, its simply used to beautify ourselves. smiley
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Obascoetubi: 7:27am On Feb 01, 2015
kilokeys:
angry angry angry

gold was amongst the gift given to our Lord Jesus..

what was the gold for?

baby food?

or soap..

una dey craze.. fanatics..

the earth is the lord's and its fullness thereof..

EVEN HEAVEN IS FULL OF GOLD

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Timoleon(m): 7:28am On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Yeah.
This is what is called "IMPORTED GOSPEL".

Only SLAVES(both in Bible days and during Slave trade) had their ears bore as a mark of OWNERSHIP. So, why the earring in the first place? What do you want to GAIN? Are you saying God is a BAD creator? If God want you to have a bored ear, he would had done that before your birth. Or are you the one that informed Him to inscribed the the lines on your palm?? So, WHY THESE? Wearing earrings as a christian is like offering Strange Fire on the Altar. It's deadly, it can kill.

Forget about denomination. A REAL CHRIST ian with "christ" inserted and not a X tian with an "X" would know Christianity is not about "bench and plastic chair warming", "going to church". The Apostles were first called CHRISTIAN in Antioch, why? Because people cant decipher between Christ their leader and the Disciples.
So also, you can't profess to be a "christian" with traces of worldliness in you-- Be it earring, bumshot, legging, sphag(abi na Indomie), studd(as a male), mini/micro skirts, ISN'T THAT WHY THERE ARE MORE PROSTITUTES IN CHURCH THAN HOTELS?. We know a tree by the FRUITS it produces.

Must we borrow/import the "things" of the World into the church and then says it's "civilization" and "swagger ism"??. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MUSLIM WORE TROUSER or MINI/MICRO SKIRT(as a lady) TO MOSQUE BEFORE??.
we need to reshuffle our Life. Some even argued that "My God is a God of Grace, he is merciful" but they failed to remembered that HE IS ALSO A CONSUMING FIRE. The God of GRACE(God's Riches At Christ Expense) could turn to God of GRACE(God's Resources Against Cruel Enemies) if you aint careful. The God that called us to be HOLY and PERFECT has already provided the ways for its achievement.

WORLDLINESS IS LIKE OFFERING STRANGE FIRE, IT CAN KILL!!!

This is what is "Imported Gospel"
does.

Welldone sir! why do you wear chlothes? did God create you with clothes? if God wanted you to wear clothes why didnt he create you with clothes?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Kei144(m): 7:31am On Feb 01, 2015
geezzzyy:
I usually do not comment... But I couldn't help myself today..
I do not wear ear rings or chains... But to say it's a sin to wear them, errmn I don't know about that..
Let's explore from the scripture:

What is sin?? What we should all realise is that sin is more than an act, it's a nature.. We were all born with that sinful nature because of Adam's transgression (Romans 5:19a)..
If you never lied, never stole, never fornicated, you'll still go to hell because of that inherent sinful nature..

Who is a christian If you think a Christian is someone who is Christ likely or who should be Christ like: YOU ARE GREATLY MISTAKEN...
A Christian is a new creature (not just creation (2corinth5:17)).. A new specie! Someone who no longer has that sinful nature.. A Christian is not Christ like, a Christian is Christ.. (Colossians 3:11, Galatians 3:27)..(pls read the scripture reference)

How did we go from sinful nature to Christ.. Answer----> JESUS...
Jesus took our place.. He became sin for us (2corinth 5:21).. The bible says the soul that sins shall die.. So Jesus died cos all have sinned (Romans 3:23)..

Now we have been made righteous/holy.. Not by works but by faith(Romans 5:1,Philippians 3:9)..I know this will make many religious folks crazy.. But it's the truth.. It's the gospel..
Not of works (Galatians 2:21,5:4, Ephesians 2:9)..
God wants us to live a decent, holy, righteous life.. But he wants us to live from the consciousness that he has made us decent, holy and righteous.. He wants the credit for our righteousness..

There's still more to say.. But e don too long..
So is piercing or jewelries sinful for a man?? Of course not!
Is it advisable?? of course not!

There is something that people need to understand about the writings of Apostle Paul. Paul wrote mainly from the viewpoint of God, or from the viewpoint of faith. What do I mean by the viewpoint of God or of faith? It means that God calls things that do not presently exist as though they already exist, because they will definitely come into existence. God says that He has made all who are in Christ righteous. He also says that He has already seated them with Himself. The question is, are they righteous now and are they seated with God now? While Israelites were in Egypt, God said that He would move them to the Promised Land. Did every individual Israelite make it to the Promised Land?

Mt. 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Mt. 24:13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Obascoetubi: 7:32am On Feb 01, 2015
ken3000000:
U neva see the bling wey oritsejafor dey rock??
NOT ONLY ORITSEJAFO, BUT SOME BISHOP LIKE LATE IDAHOSA
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Yeah sir but that is thd Old testament. And mostly that is why Jesus came to abolish the law and grant us GRACE(God's Riches At Christ Expense). If we should base our life on the Old testament then Christ death is vain and useless. In the old testament, solomon had 1000 wives and concubines, but you won't find such in the New dispensation. Must we because he had that and starts gathering wives and concubines also because there was someone who did that in the bible and even was the WISETH man ever lived? No! CHRIST IS OUR PATTERN AND AFTER HIM SHOULD OUR LIFE BE FASHIONED. U get me my brother?

Thank u sir
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Estellar: 7:39am On Feb 01, 2015
If wearing of earring and chain is a sin as some of you say it means ur wrist watch and every other thing that is man made including ur phones, laptops and whatever u use in commenting on this forum is sinful. Those of you saying its sinful, kindly do the needful and take several seats back. Happy new month sweeties
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Missmossy(f): 7:43am On Feb 01, 2015
Its not sinful, but some doctrines may say otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by SAMBARRY: 7:48am On Feb 01, 2015
Nigerian Christianity is a joke. The way nigerians portray Christianity is a big turn off . instead of focusing on real issues like how we can apply our Christianity to stop lawlessness, injustice, corruption and greed youy are talking about petty things like earing and chain. Even the societies that don't take religion serious, their level of corruption and injustice is not as high as ours. What's my business or any body's business for that matter if anyone wears chain and earings.of what use is your not wearing earings and chain when your day to day decisions and character cannot reflect Christianity. You will even see some so called we don't wear earings or trousers in our church collecting bribe, defrauding and getting involved in all manners of corruption

alaba is an example. There's no day I go there that I don't meet street evangelists who claim lipstick weavons and wearing of earings is a sin but they are the same people selling alcoholic drinks or pirating other people's sweat in cd so please shut up and deal with hypocrisy after then deal with other issues of substance and not earings. Mshewww

3 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by SAMBARRY: 7:50am On Feb 01, 2015
I taya o
Timoleon:

Welldone sir! why do you wear chlothes? did God create you with clothes? if God wanted you to wear clothes why didnt he create you with clothes?
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by SAMBARRY: 7:52am On Feb 01, 2015
Etizz:
If wearing chain wrist watch is a sin den wearing chain necklace is a sin also...... So am asking, is wearing a chain wrist watch a sin?
please ask her whether wearing shoe too is a sin because I think I have heard some of the fanatic Christians saying high heels is a sin

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by stainlex(m): 8:01am On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Yeah.

Only SLAVES(both in Bible days and during Slave trade) had their ears bore as a mark of OWNERSHIP. So, why the earring in the first place? What do you want to GAIN? Are you saying God is a BAD creator? If God want you to have a bored ear, he would had done that before your birth. Or are you the one that informed Him to inscribed the the lines on your palm?? So, WHY THESE? Wearing earrings as a christian is like offering Strange Fire on the Altar. It's deadly, it can kill.

Forget about denomination. A REAL CHRIST ian with "christ" inserted and not a X tian with an "X" would know Christianity is not about "bench and plastic chair warming", "going to church". The Apostles were first called CHRISTIAN in Antioch, why? Because people cant decipher between Christ their leader and the Disciples.
So also, you can't profess to be a "christian" with traces of worldliness in you-- Be it earring, bumshot, legging, sphag(abi na Indomie), studd(as a male), mini/micro skirts, ISN'T THAT WHY THERE ARE MORE PROSTITUTES IN CHURCH THAN HOTELS?. We know a tree by the FRUITS it produces.

Must we borrow/import the "things" of the World into the church and then says it's "civilization" and "swagger ism"??. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MUSLIM WORE TROUSER or MINI/MICRO SKIRT(as a lady) TO MOSQUE BEFORE??.
we need to reshuffle our Life. Some even argued that "My God is a God of Grace, he is merciful" but they failed to remembered that HE IS ALSO A CONSUMING FIRE. The God of GRACE(God's Riches At Christ Expense) could turn to God of GRACE(God's Resources Against Cruel Enemies) if you aint careful. The God that called us to be HOLY and PERFECT has already provided the ways for its achievement.

does.

About God being a bad creator, what's your take on males braiding their hair?
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by toprealman: 8:03am On Feb 01, 2015
Are things like this still discussed within Christian circle even in 2015?

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by SAMBARRY: 8:08am On Feb 01, 2015
I pray God should damage your own ignorance because if jewellery usage is worldly you can as well be walking the streets naked because putting on clothes too is worldly sewn in the world by a human being. The laptop you are using to type is worldly. Go to the heavelies and produce a laptop. By the way with all our so called outward show of religion and pseudo self righteousness what have we been able to produce. Mind you most of the scientists who make laptops phones drugs etc are atheists. Is it not the same brain God gave us. Did he give some special brains and some dull brains.

Abegiii use your Christianity for productivity jare. The microphone and megaphone used in churches where made by free thinkers so focus on more reasonable things
Walspring:

Wearing it alone is like disobeying your God

Am not here to judge you but to open your understanding

I pray that God will damage your ignorance
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by SAMBARRY: 8:09am On Feb 01, 2015
toprealman:
Are things like this still discussed within Christian circle even in 2015?
e taya me no be small
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Janetozi(f): 8:17am On Feb 01, 2015
bravekid:
I don't get it..First off, pls what's the meaning of 'Sin'?
sin = Simple Instructions Neglected
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by segzicres(m): 8:40am On Feb 01, 2015
the op and alotta folks need a time machine to leave 1300 to 2015 .
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by peedeeasobie(m): 8:55am On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Yeah.

does.

My friend you just explained your sense knowledge and not the bible and many ignorant folks will be liking your post not realising all you said are absolute 'trash'.

what is sin? Give me a new testament definition of sin!
If you are to leave ur body the way God made it, why do you use cream or paste or perfume or even cut ur hair or shave or eat or bathe? can't you leave your body and teeth the way God made it.

This is why most Christians don't come to religious section of naira land because of sentimental posters like you!
Go and get a bible and study.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by chezholy(m): 8:56am On Feb 01, 2015
To answer your question, I do wear chains, rings, chain watches etc and guess what? I am not a sinner.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by OBIchinon: 8:56am On Feb 01, 2015
DanceVille:
Majorities of our Christians nowadays do used Chains, Earrings just to show off....
Especially our Gospel artists like Tim Godfrey, Frank Edward and many others like that...But, I do ask myself WHY...

Brethrens, Is it A Sinful thing to be using all those Stuffs as a Christians?
bible is against it,bible says it is meant for pigs and dogs is it right for a human to put on things meant for pigs and dog answer is no you said frank edward put it on are you surprise?his pastor do not condem masturbation will he now preach against wearing of chains
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by peedeeasobie(m): 8:57am On Feb 01, 2015
Janetozi:
sin = Simple Instructions Neglected

What you quoted is not the bible definition of sin. That is head knowledge. Give a bible definition of sin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by peedeeasobie(m): 8:58am On Feb 01, 2015
OBIchinon:
bible is against it,bible says it is meant for pigs and dogs is it right for a human to put on things meant for pigs and dog answer is no you said frank edward put it on are you surprise?his pastor do not condem masturbation will he now preach against wearing of chains

Pls chapter what verse what of the bible?
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by ireneidiva(f): 9:04am On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
there's alot of worldliness in that. Piercing is worldly. Why piercing in the first place? What do you stand to GAIN??
On the other hand, wearing jewellery is totally unbiblical. Are you telling God that he is a bad creator? That He should had make you looked more handsome. This is a Church, a temple consecrated to God. Wearing jewelleries is like putting Strange fire on the Altar.
And when esther wore them She sinned?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by peedeeasobie(m): 9:07am On Feb 01, 2015
Udodasco1:

Quoting you:"Christianity, or more of, Religion, has led many people to lose track of what this life really is". When you want to be called Christian then be ready to forget everything about the world,it is not of Christ

handset is of the world, books are of the world, cars are of the world, toothbrush is of the world, houses are of the world etc...

keep your hypocrisy to yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by peedeeasobie(m): 9:11am On Feb 01, 2015
Walspring:

I love your prayer because i want God to damage my bad way of thinking

you reek of hypocrisy?

go and study your bible. you exalt your self ego in a camouflage humility.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by ireneidiva(f): 9:11am On Feb 01, 2015
Udodasco1:
-The much we know about God is the little He have reviewed to us.
-On the day you become a Christian,you know many are born again but not christians. Many are born again because they have agreed that there past life are sin,but not Christian because they don't want to be like Christ.
-The very faithful day you accept to be like Christ that is been a Christian is the day you don't only accept your past life as error but also enter some covenant with the Lord as you turn to Him. In that covenant many rejects Drinking of Beer,Wearing ear rings and Chain(s),some others any form of attachment to there hair apart from that thread. Now,all these mentions becomes sins for that fellow if they go back to it.
Its all about your personal relationship with the Lord. Remain blessed
So what makes thread different from 'attachments'?
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by danielous(m): 9:13am On Feb 01, 2015
[quote author=bravekid post=30316407][b]I don't get it..First off, pls what's the meaning of 'Sin'?satan impacted nature
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by peedeeasobie(m): 9:17am On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
not only the heart but the outward appearance also. Imagine a self acclaimed christian saying he is born again and still drinking orijin and gulder. The bible says, what defileth a man is not what enters him but what comes out øf him. A tree shall be known by the fruit its bears. You can't claim to be a christian and you still engage in mini, micro skirts, leggings and bumshot. Tix worldly. Isn't that why there are more prostitute in the church than at the the Motel and hotels?

It is your church that has more prostitutes but you don't know. All those pretenders that wear long gowns but are extremely wicked in their neighbourhood, gossips and back bitters.

when you meet them in the office, they use the pretence of holiness to be harsh, wicked and unhelpful.
Heaven will shock people like you, because the ones you thought are not good enough are those that will be welcoming you in heaven!

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Kemmiiee: 9:21am On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Yeah.

does.

Well, in my opinion, whatever is done must be done in faith. Some don't eat flesh, while some do, doesn't mean those who eat flesh are sinners, they do it in faith. Likewise the issue of rings.. Check out Ezekiel 16:12. 1 Peter 3:3-6 is about women focusing on their inner beauty than their external beauty.

Above all, whatever you practise must be in faith.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Alvison(m): 9:23am On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Yeah.

does.

Please my dear you said only slaves had bored ears in the past. I want to ask; at the foot of mount sinai what did Aaron use to make the golden calf at the request of the israelites?

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by geezzzyy(m): 9:39am On Feb 01, 2015
Kei144:

There is something that people need to understand about the writings of Apostle Paul. Paul wrote mainly from the viewpoint of God, or from the viewpoint of faith. What do I mean by the viewpoint of God or of faith? It means that God calls things that do not presently exist as though they already exist, because they will definitely come into existence. God says that He has made all who are in Christ righteous. He also says that He has already seated them with Himself. The question is, are they righteous now and are they seated with God now? While Israelites were in Egypt, God said that He would move them to the Promised Land. Did every individual Israelite make it to the Promised Land?

Mt. 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Mt. 24:13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Hello sir, the view point of faith/God is the exact view point God wants you to live from.

For with the HEART man BELIEVETH unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (‭Romans‬ ‭10‬:‭10‬ KJV)

Even as Abraham BELIEVED God, and it was accounted to him for RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Know ye therefore that they which are of FAITH, the same are the children of Abraham.
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would JUSTIFY the heathen through FAITH, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. (‭Galatians‬ ‭3‬:‭6-8‬ KJV)

For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley (‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5‬:‭7‬ KJV)

You know why some Isrealites didn't get to the promise land? Guess smiley ----> UNBELIEF, FAITHLESSNESS..
See below:
And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. (‭Hebrews‬ ‭3‬:‭18-19‬ KJV)

So my brother, you are righteous today, you are the son of God today, you are sitted in heavenly places today, you are a citizen of heaven today..

The Christians that continue in sin are those that don't know these things.. They don't know they are dead to sin.. They forget what Jesus has done.. This why the bible says we should renew our minds.. Also awake to righteousness..

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. (‭2 Peter‬ ‭1‬:‭9‬ KJV)

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. (‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭34‬ KJV)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sincere Questions To Frosbel / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Grandma With Dementia Never Forgets To Praise God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.