Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (34557 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? / Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful? / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by chiomzys(f): 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
y r some christians helping God to pass judgement? if u c dose once wey no dey wear earring, their hrt na dirty full am
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 01, 2015
All i know is that a Christian should dress modestly and with sobriety.. Thats all. Men with Earrings might be judged cox they dnt appear Godly, but since God didn't condemn Queen Esther girls case are different. Tis only when they are decking themselves in it and appearing lustfully that they might be judged. If we didn't understand the meanings to eat, then Fine Apparels, Perfumes, hairbands, Wedding rings as mentioned in the bible will all be outright sin.. Note most of my church members dn't wear it and we dn't condemn either. If the topic is so for ladies, then many revival movements vessels might be heading to hell.. Dn't Judge.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Elinob(m): 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
I hope is only for deeper life member
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by plentycrown1: 5:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie
Why was it dt God didnt circumcise the male children from heaven?. So it is not sinful. Stop preaching heresy
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by favourelisha(m): 5:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
Is not even sinful but a sign of bondage slavery.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by MzQueen(f): 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
angry
korel9:
In as much as it's neither APC's or PDP's grin grin
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by johnwarax(m): 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
Why do you ride in cars and even use phone. So God is a bad creator for not creating cars and phones for us?

Vikkie14:
Yeah.
This is what is called "IMPORTED GOSPEL".

Only SLAVES(both in Bible days and during Slave trade) had their ears bore as a mark of OWNERSHIP. So, why the earring in the first place? What do you want to GAIN? Are you saying God is a BAD creator? If God want you to have a bored ear, he would had done that before your birth. Or are you the one that informed Him to inscribed the the lines on your palm?? So, WHY THESE? Wearing earrings as a christian is like offering Strange Fire on the Altar. It's deadly, it can kill.

Forget about denomination. A REAL CHRIST ian with "christ" inserted and not a X tian with an "X" would know Christianity is not about "bench and plastic chair warming", "going to church". The Apostles were first called CHRISTIAN in Antioch, why? Because people cant decipher between Christ their leader and the Disciples.
So also, you can't profess to be a "christian" with traces of worldliness in you-- Be it earring, bumshot, legging, sphag(abi na Indomie), studd(as a male), mini/micro skirts, ISN'T THAT WHY THERE ARE MORE PROSTITUTES IN CHURCH THAN HOTELS?. We know a tree by the FRUITS it produces.

Must we borrow/import the "things" of the World into the church and then says it's "civilization" and "swagger ism"??. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MUSLIM WORE TROUSER or MINI/MICRO SKIRT(as a lady) TO MOSQUE BEFORE??.

we need to reshuffle our Life. Some even argued that "My God is a God of Grace, he is merciful" but they failed to remembered that HE IS ALSO A CONSUMING FIRE. The God of GRACE(God's Riches At Christ Expense) could turn to God of GRACE(God's Resources Against Cruel Enemies) if you aint careful. The God that called us to be HOLY and PERFECT has already provided the ways for its achievement.

WORLDLINESS IS LIKE OFFERING STRANGE FIRE, IT CAN KILL!!!

This is what is "Imported Gospel"
does.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Sunavico(f): 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2015
sunbodan:
No big deal
There is indeed a big deal.If God should open your spiritual eyes, I bet you will stop using it.I finally stopped wearing jewellery in December, 2014.It was a tough decision but I just knew it was high time I stopped.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Donjowebs(m): 7:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
U don't wear earrings or chains, yet u wear expensive laces,ride in a jeep,have a plasma tv,wear a gold wristwatch and wedding rings,good shoes,nice ties,stay in duplex in exclusive areas and use an iphone 6 na who u dey deceive? Hypocrites!
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Walspring: 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2015
Udodasco1:

I will want to ask a funny question,is drinking of beer a crime? Can you back your ans with bible verse(s) thanks

yes its a crime and sin...

Read the book of Galatians chapter 5 vs 19 to 21... (Note that verse 21 very well)
Read the book of Isaiah chapter 5 vs 11 to 12
Read the book of Proverb chapter 31 vs 4 to 5

To crown this all Read about LOT in the bible and see what happened to him.. LOT drinks and her own daughter filled him with wine/drink until he got drunk and at the end those girls slept with their father (this is one of the consequence of drink and there are alot of it inside the bible)

N.B -- The mistakes alot are making is that they are looking for where bible says ''Thou shall not drink'' but if people are careful reader of bible they will know that its a crime and sin to drink
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Walspring: 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I pray God should damage your own ignorance because if jewellery usage is worldly you can as well be walking the streets naked because putting on clothes too is worldly sewn in the world by a human being. The laptop you are using to type is worldly. Go to the heavelies and produce a laptop. By the way with all our so called outward show of religion and pseudo self righteousness what have we been able to produce. Mind you most of the scientists who make laptops phones drugs etc are atheists. Is it not the same brain God gave us. Did he give some special brains and some dull brains.

Abegiii use your Christianity for productivity jare. The microphone and megaphone used in churches where made by free thinkers so focus on more reasonable things

I can see that you drove out of what we are saying to another thing... tackle jewelry and not clothes[b]( Is like i am telling you that eating of sacrifice at T-junction is not good and you are telling me that i should have said eating food is not good...)[/b] With the bold explanation can you reason and pin point jewelry out of clothes

Why cant be realistic for once and stop saying gibberish.. I suggest you pray for better understanding as as for you to understanding that people are saying before posting rubbish..
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vikkie14: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2015
erico2k2:

going vy what U said. I will ask U why do U wear clothes cos God created U naked
grin abeg dont swerve. Yes God made us unclad but have you forgotten that same God made them clothing from goat skin after eating the forbidden fruit. Go and read your bible well and stop depending on your pastor.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vikkie14: 8:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
Justbright:

don't be ignorant,wearing jwelries is not a sin....modesty is all DAT matters...read Ezekiel 16:8-15
Modesty indeed. God says don't do this my child and that child says "it will be small nah". God says i don't want this, you said tix just a "small" additional. He says Walk before me and be thou perfect. He wont accept 99.9% christianity, he want an 100%. So stop twisting His word, remember:HE IS A CONSUMING FIRE.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vikkie14: 9:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
Justbright:

don't be ignorant....read Ezekiel 16:8-15
don't quote me verses you can't spiritually interprete. The word of God cant be understood carnally. You need the Holy spirit to expatiate that reference to you. #Peace.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vikkie14: 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vickygirk:

yea, u are right that wat the guy quoted was from the old testament, but the new testament neva categorically condems wearing of them so wat are u saying?
my point is that, Putting on earring as a christian is Worldliness.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vikkie14: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2015
Timoleon:

Welldone sir! why do you wear chlothes? did God create you with clothes? if God wanted you to wear clothes why didnt he create you with clothes?
And dont forget that the same God who created adam and eve in the garden of eden naked is the one who made them cloth of goat skin to cover their unclothedness. Dont try to twist the word of God, a curse is on any addition or subtraction from His word. Pick your bible and study it. If am wrong the bible is there for you to study. #Peace
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vikkie14: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vikky014:
BUYING A CAR IS IT A SIN
dont twist the word to suite yourself. The bible cant be interpreted carnally, you need the spirit to expatiate that to you. Adornment is worldliness. The Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth(bible) tells me to shun worldliness in all form. Christianity isn't bench warming or affiliation to a church but total surrender to the will of Christ whom we profess to serve. Get your bible and study it then counter my assertion.#Peace
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Babygal4eva(f): 10:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
dont twist the word to suite yourself. The bible cant be interpreted carnally, you need the spirit to expatiate that to you. Adornment is worldliness. The Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth(bible) tells me to shun worldliness in all form. Christianity isn't bench warming or affiliation to a church but total surrender to the will of Christ whom we profess to serve. Get your bible and study it then counter my assertion.#Peace

Then throw your phone or laptop away cause it is worldly and it provides you with all sorts of temptations and the bible said flee from all appearances of evil(temptations and such)

God gave us free-will init? if you say that wearing earrings and jewelries is a sin then using almost all the gadgets on earth makes me a sinner? the projectors we use in churches was made by Scientists who don't blv in God yet they use it.

The worst kind of Christians that I personally can't stand are the self-righteous ones, God didn't put us on earth, give us brains and everything so we could do nothing with it, he gave us these things to make our lives easier, we don't get to say what is a sin and what isn't, God knows our hearts he knows our thoughts so I won't live my life trying to impress humans when I know my God knows I am his
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by watchman111: 12:05am On Feb 02, 2015
Vikkie14:
Modesty indeed. God says don't do this my child and that child says "it will be small nah". God says i don't want this, you said tix just a "small" additional. He says Walk before me and be thou perfect. He wont accept 99.9% christianity, he want an 100%. So stop twisting His word, remember:HE IS A CONSUMING FIRE.
Vickie Vickie Vickie...stop arguing,they will never listen to you.a word is enough for the wise..I never believed it was a sin until God revealed it to me..men have decided to go to hell.the best you can do is to pray for them..
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by watchman111: 12:08am On Feb 02, 2015
the standard of heaven will never change.instead you have to change in order to fit in..she wearing make ups and jewelries is not sinful.wait till you get to eternity..I rest my case.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Clasiksam(m): 4:54am On Feb 02, 2015
DaZion:
It's very Sinful....Happy new month Guys...
Was it recorded in d bible as a sin ni? Nope
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vickygirk(f): 10:36am On Feb 02, 2015
Vikkie14:
my point is that, Putting on earring as a christian is Worldliness.

but it is not categorically stated in the holy book
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
Please let'ss op turning the bible upside down......d bible warns us to be moderate in everytin we do nd dat involves d way we dress....our God is nt a God of confusion....let's drop d judging nd condeming attitudes
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
Please let's stop turning the bible upside down......d bible warns us to be moderate in everytin we do nd dat involves d way we dress....our God is nt a God of confusion....let's drop d judging nd condeming attitudes
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by SAMBARRY: 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
Mr fanatic be reasonable. The same materials used for jewellery production is the same materials used in making ladies shoes, handbags, wallet/purse/clutch, wristwatch, brochette, some bibles, phone pouch, laptops etc so you can as well tell your wife, girlfriend, sisters etc not to use any of the materials besides you cannot use self righteousness is as filthy rags before GOD so you can't use not wearing earing to try and impress him. The only thing he said that can impress him is that he said and I quote "without faith it is impossible to please God and those who must walk with him must walk with him in spirit and in truth he didn't say those who don't wear earrings are the only eligible peopleoto walk with him. Dey there dey deceive yasef grin
Walspring:

I can see that you drove out of what we are saying to another thing... tackle jewelry and not clothes[b]( Is like i am telling you that eating of sacrifice at T-junction is not good and you are telling me that i should have said eating food is not good...)[/b] With the bold explanation can you reason and pin point jewelry out of clothes

Why cant be realistic for once and stop saying gibberish.. I suggest you pray for better understanding as as for you to understanding that people are saying before posting rubbish..

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vikky014(f): 7:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
Vikkie14:
so having a car is not worldliness
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vikky014(f): 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
Babygal4eva:

Then throw your phone or laptop away cause it is worldly and it provides you with all sorts of temptations and the bible said flee from all appearances of evil(temptations and such)

God gave us free-will init? if you say that wearing earrings and jewelries is a sin then using almost all the gadgets on earth makes me a sinner? the projectors we use in churches was made by Scientists who don't blv in God yet they use it.

The worst kind of Christians that I personally can't stand are the self-righteous ones, God didn't put us on earth, give us brains and everything so we could do nothing with it, he gave us these things to make our lives easier, we don't get to say what is a sin and what isn't, God knows our hearts he knows our thoughts so I won't live my life trying to impress humans when I know my God knows I am his
dont mind those slf righteous people.there are the real pharisees

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Juliesexy(f): 12:13am On Feb 03, 2015
JoeCutie:
Spoken like a Queen. Authoritatively, too. You just spoke my mind; thank you. smiley

Are you a celebrity? grin
Yes, I'm a celebrity... ONLY to you. wink cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Juliesexy(f): 12:20am On Feb 03, 2015
Udodasco1:

Quoting you:"Christianity, or more of, Religion, has led many people to lose track of what this life really is". When you want to be called Christian then be ready to forget everything about the world,it is not of Christ
Oh because you're a Christian you'll have to "forget everything about the world"?

I hope you'd remain the way you are: no accumulation of wealth, no cars, mansions, etc - no good things of life - because you're a Christian. undecided

Jesus traveled from Jerusalem to Jericho, do you think He had a private jet? He trekked. Why do you buy cars, planes, etc now?

Please, leave us & our earrings alone! Thanks.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by chakwa: 5:26pm On Mar 03, 2015
Peace be unto you, my family in the Lord.

Christians nowadays speak to their brothers roughly promoting dissention instead of love. such wisdom is not from above.
1Peter 3:15: But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

To become a christian, is by faith but when in, there is a mandate over your life to conform to the image of Christ, or miss it finally
1 Peter 4:2: That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
1 Peter 3:21: The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
1 Peter 4:18:And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
1 Timothy 4:16: Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
2 Peter 3:14: Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
Romans 14:23:And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Faith comes by God's Word. So the motive behind your doing things has to pondered upon. Questions like
1)why are my doing things like
Reading, working, walking, watching a program, talking, laughing, dressing, e.t.c.
2) is what am doing going to cause others to sin (my meat should not kill someone especially when i know it will)
3) Is there any command in the bible that supports what am doing
4) Can i ask for God blessing in what am doing.
And so on

The target is to be blameless at his return. Personally, i have seen in my life, where I find myself wanting in many of these aspects. i did not rely on my strength (self-exaltation=pride) but took it in prayer. when God answered, discernment of right from wrong increased.
So in other words, if you want a blameless christian life at a consistent rate, when you notice a fault, take it to God in prayer(repentance b4 prayer). Another way that helped me was to meditate on instructions in the bible that contradicts my lifestyle. this cue was taking from
Joshua 1:8:This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

So now answer the question personally, not on this page: Why are you wearing earrings? Can I ask for God's blessing in the purpose of wearing the earrings? On judgement day, would this scripture contradict my life or would God allow blamed personalities into heaven? This are the scriptures

1 Timothy 2:9:In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

1 Peter 3:3: Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

Ezekiel 7:19-21
19 They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their iniquity.
20 As for the beauty of his ornament, he set it in majesty: but they made the images of their abominations and of their detestable things therein: therefore have I set it far from them.
21 And I will give it into the hands of the strangers for a prey, and to the wicked of the earth for a spoil; and they shall pollute it.

For more clarification, 1Peter refers to adornment (to beautify, show off, decorate, make special) via plaiting, ornaments and dressing.

May the Lord lead in your decision in Jesus name. May the love shed abroad in your heart by the Holy Spirit spin you in the right direction in Jesus name.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by emechi: 1:42am On Apr 30, 2016
Tatos or earins wich 1 is mor sinfu? Tatos or earins wich 1 is mor sinfu? Hw ar dey difrent? Btw tato ad earins which is pamanet which is tempora? Woeva nos d ansa shud comet.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by emechi: 1:49am On Apr 30, 2016
What is the purpose for using these materials or items ? 1. Clothes 2. Wristwatch 3. Necklace 4. Earrings

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? / George Weah Set For Thanksgiving At Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.