Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (34568 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? / Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful? / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by geezzzyy(m): 9:51am On Feb 01, 2015
Carinaflo:

Hmmmm,this sounds like pastor Chris' teachings. Do you worship with Christ Embassy?

No o.. I've been there just once, 2013 cross over night.. I have some of their tapes sha..
Pastor Chris is a great man of God..
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Lovine: 10:01am On Feb 01, 2015
Yeah.
This is what is called "IMPORTED GOSPEL".

Only SLAVES(both in Bible days and during Slave trade) had their ears bore as a mark of OWNERSHIP. So, why the earring in the first place? What do you want to GAIN? Are you saying God is a BAD creator? If God want you to have a bored ear, he would had done that before your birth. Or are you the one that informed Him to inscribed the the lines on your palm?? So, WHY THESE? Wearing earrings as a christian is like offering Strange Fire on the Altar. It's deadly, it can kill.

Forget about denomination. A REAL CHRIST ian with "christ" inserted and not a X tian with an "X" would know Christianity is not about "bench and plastic chair warming", "going to church". The Apostles were first called CHRISTIAN in Antioch, why? Because people cant decipher between Christ their leader and the Disciples.
So also, you can't profess to be a "christian" with traces of worldliness in you-- Be it earring, bumshot, legging, sphag(abi na Indomie), studd(as a male), mini/micro skirts, ISN'T THAT WHY THERE ARE MORE PROSTITUTES IN CHURCH THAN HOTELS?. We know a tree by the FRUITS it produces.

Must we borrow/import the "things" of the World into the church and then says it's "civilization" and "swagger ism"??. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MUSLIM WORE TROUSER or MINI/MICRO SKIRT(as a lady) TO MOSQUE BEFORE??.
we need to reshuffle our Life. Some even argued that "My God is a God of Grace, he is merciful" but they failed to remembered that HE IS ALSO A CONSUMING FIRE. The God of GRACE(God's Riches At Christ Expense) could turn to God of GRACE(God's Resources Against Cruel Enemies) if you aint careful. The God that called us to be HOLY and PERFECT has already provided the ways for its achievement.

WORLDLINESS IS LIKE OFFERING STRANGE FIRE, IT CAN KILL!!!

This is what is "Imported Gospel" does

As much as I don't support offensive dressing, but I want you to know that God is a Spirit, worshiping of God is a thing of the spirit not of FLESH, not how you dress or what you wear. What is more important to God is what your heart or spirit wears. Muslims cover head to toe, but some still carry bomb to kill others, does it makes any sence? Some Christians cover head to toe yet some hate and fornicate. God said he that worships me MUST worship in spirit and truth. Spiritual and true worship does not kill, hate, fornicate or put on Satan activities.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by scholarben: 10:34am On Feb 01, 2015
TIME FOR MOBILE MARKETERS

I will give u access to complete Nigerian phone numbers categorised into 36 different states in Nigeria including fct for a token of #2500
Chat me on whatsapp @0816539fourtyfiftyone
political party members act fast
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by ataller1: 10:50am On Feb 01, 2015
DanceVille:
Majorities of our Christians nowadays do used Chains, Earrings just to show off....
Especially our Gospel artists like Tim Godfrey, Frank Edward and many others like that...But, I do ask myself WHY...

Brethrens, Is it A Sinful thing to be using all those Stuffs as a Christians?
yeah bt I'm not gonna judge who so ever does that..... bt I think earing belongs to women n d bible says men shouldn't put on what belong to women bt for necklace me I no no
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by boynigeria(m): 11:00am On Feb 01, 2015
There were men and women in the Bible who wore earrings (Exodus 32:2-3 ; Numbers 31:50 ;
Judges 8:24 ; Song of Solomon 1:10-11 ). The Bible nowhere condemns an earring or earrings in
women or men. Some people wonder why earrings are for the most part accepted, but other body
piercings are considered questionable at best. This is a good point. The whole issue of piercings is
not one of “Does the Bible forbid this?” but rather “Is this something I should do?”
While there is no specific counsel in the Bible about earrings, Paul had general things to say about
jewelry when he advised Timothy on worship within the local church: “I also want women to dress
modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes,
but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God” ( 1 Timothy 2:9-10 ). The
principle here applies both in and out of church: modesty, decency, propriety and good deeds are the
hallmarks of a true Christian in both men and women.
Whether we choose to wear earrings or any other piece of jewelry is a matter of personal conscience.
In any case, clearly our responsibility as Christians is to bring honor and glory to the God we profess
to love, doing nothing out of vain conceit ( Philippians 2:3 ) and remembering that “man looks at the
outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7 ).

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Jennifer89(f): 12:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
It is sinful only when you idolize it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by magaux: 12:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
DaZion:
Chains are meant 4 Dogs, while Earrings for Ladies..
well said my dear, all other comments overruled.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by iamord(m): 12:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
ataller1:
yeah bt I'm not gonna judge who so ever does that..... bt I think earing belongs to women n d bible says men shouldn't put on what belong to women bt for necklace me I no no
do u know men were the first to wear high heel shoes... what do u say about that?
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Crossbelt(m): 12:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
For those of you that said is it a SIN to put on chains and earrings, please can you give me a verse in the bible that said it is a sin to wear chains and earrings? Please don't forget to give a brief explanation
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by 2scorehigh(m): 12:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
Just watch out. One of these days, someone will come here to ask, "Is it sinful for a Christian to eat akpu in the morning?"
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Ekeke1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
Browse am, e dey net.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by charlsecy(m): 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Why the earring in the first place? What do you want to GAIN? Are you saying God is a BAD creator? If God want you to have a bored ear, he would had done that before your birth. Or are you the one that informed Him to inscribed the the lines on your palm?? So, WHY THESE? Wearing earrings as a christian is like offering Strange Fire on the Altar.

Do you cut your hair, fingernails and toenails?
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Carinaflo(f): 12:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
geezzzyy:

No o.. I've been there just once, 2013 cross over night.. I have some of their tapes sha..
Pastor Chris is a great man of God..
Yes, he is. I love his teachings
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by elderhimself(m): 12:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
To me, I understand it not to be sinful, bt it depends on the motive of the person...... But remember, let not what you do cause another to sin ( 1cor. 10:32, Rom. 14:13 )
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vickygirk(f): 1:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
[quote
author=Vikkie14 post=30316587] Are you really sure you can defend that
statement bro? Forget about church ish here and let the fact be fact.
All your quote are from the OLD despensation. No where in the NEW will
you find such. Jesus is the Centre of the Bible both Old and New
testament and AFTER HIM SHOULD OUR LIFE BE FASHIONED. Afterall,
the Apostles were first called CHRISTian because their Life resemble
that of their Master Jesus. Why a Earring in the first place? What do
you stand to GAIN? It's like Strange Fire On The Altar-- it can
kill.[/quote]

yea, u are right that wat the guy quoted was from the old testament, but the new testament neva categorically condems wearing of them so wat are u saying?
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by lacedup(m): 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Yeah.

Only SLAVES(both in Bible days and during Slave trade) had their ears bore as a mark of OWNERSHIP. So, why the earring in the first place? What do you want to GAIN? Are you saying God is a BAD creator? If God want you to have a bored ear, he would had done that before your birth. Or are you the one that informed Him to inscribed the the lines on your palm?? So, WHY THESE? Wearing earrings as a christian is like offering Strange Fire on the Altar. It's deadly, it can kill.

Forget about denomination. A REAL CHRIST ian with "christ" inserted and not a X tian with an "X" would know Christianity is not about "bench and plastic chair warming", "going to church". The Apostles were first called CHRISTIAN in Antioch, why? Because people cant decipher between Christ their leader and the Disciples.
So also, you can't profess to be a "christian" with traces of worldliness in you-- Be it earring, bumshot, legging, sphag(abi na Indomie), studd(as a male), mini/micro skirts, ISN'T THAT WHY THERE ARE MORE PROSTITUTES IN CHURCH THAN HOTELS?. We know a tree by the FRUITS it produces.

Must we borrow/import the "things" of the World into the church and then says it's "civilization" and "swagger ism"??. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MUSLIM WORE TROUSER or MINI/MICRO SKIRT(as a lady) TO MOSQUE BEFORE??.
we need to reshuffle our Life. Some even argued that "My God is a God of Grace, he is merciful" but they failed to remembered that HE IS ALSO A CONSUMING FIRE. The God of GRACE(God's Riches At Christ Expense) could turn to God of GRACE(God's Resources Against Cruel Enemies) if you aint careful. The God that called us to be HOLY and PERFECT has already provided the ways for its achievement.

This is what is "Imported Gospel"
does.

Sharap...wah were d children of Israel adorned with when they came out of Egypt....was it not the Gold and silver of d Egyptians in their ears nd around their necks dah God promised them. the jewellery was God given...twas wah dey used to build d tabernacle. even kings were adorned with jewellery. Read ure bible slaves had wooden awls in dere ears not gold or silver....

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nickymezor(f): 1:20pm On Feb 01, 2015
I guess so.. I detest it on guyz...It makes one look irresponsible . My Opinion tho
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Anthony3850(m): 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Yeah.

does.
where u born circumcised? Ask urself this question....

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Udodasco1(m): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
peedeeasobie:

handset is of the world, books are of the world, cars are of the world, toothbrush is of the world, houses are of the world etc...

keep your hypocrisy to yourself.
I have done my bit,I pray the Holy spirit will guild you better
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Justbright(m): 2:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
It's of note that it is pure WORLDLINESS. He said, I AM NOT OF THE WORLD EVEN AS THEY ARE NOT OF THE WORLD. If He could testify that before His Father, Why are we now blending Worldliness and Christianity? Must be wore earring before we look attractive? Aint we created in His image? SO WHY THE ADDITIONAL? Isn't the Bible that says HE HAS DONE EVERYTHING WELL?

An adage says: the luggage of a mad woman gets bigger because she can't stop the lust to pick up things. She add this, she add that, unknowingly, she is adding to her burden. Stop the painting and worldliness.

As for me, I AM WONDERFULLY AND FEARFULLY MADE. hit likes if you believe also.

don't be ignorant....read Ezekiel 16:8-15
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Justbright(m): 2:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
It's of note that it is pure WORLDLINESS. He said, I AM NOT OF THE WORLD EVEN AS THEY ARE NOT OF THE WORLD. If He could testify that before His Father, Why are we now blending Worldliness and Christianity? Must be wore earring before we look attractive? Aint we created in His image? SO WHY THE ADDITIONAL? Isn't the Bible that says HE HAS DONE EVERYTHING WELL?

An adage says: the luggage of a mad woman gets bigger because she can't stop the lust to pick up things. She add this, she add that, unknowingly, she is adding to her burden. Stop the painting and worldliness.

As for me, I AM WONDERFULLY AND FEARFULLY MADE. hit likes if you believe also.

don't be ignorant,wearing jwelries is not a sin....modesty is all DAT matters...read Ezekiel 16:8-15
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by erico2k2(m): 2:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Yeah.

does.
going vy what U said. I will ask U why do U wear clothes cos God created U naked

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by erico2k2(m): 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
2scorehigh:
Just watch out. One of these days, someone will come here to ask, "Is it sinful for a Christian to eat akpu in the morning?"

ahqh guy U funny die

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Howcomes(m): 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
Its a sin.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Shine4eva(m): 2:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
yes in isaiah 3: 19- 21
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by swaggylomo: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
Ima christian with piercing

If my studd dey affect u, u cn go n die
Bros, i hear you, mayb you think being a christian is a small job, A christian wouldn't say what you just said,
Im trying as much as possible not to judge.
But i have a very huge problem with the bolded.Lets really watch and lest i totally sway away from the topic, i think Modesty is the key, i believe ladies shouldnt have more than one ear piercings, i dont about ankle chains.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
swaggylomo:

Bros, i hear you, mayb you think being a christian is a small job, A christian wouldn't say what you just said,
Im trying as much as possible not to judge.
But i have a very huge problem with the bolded.Lets really watch and lest i totally sway away from the topic, i think Modesty is the key, i believe ladies shouldnt have more than one ear piercings, i dont about ankle chains.

Lol. Ok. Maybe im not a christian
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by peedeeasobie(m): 2:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
Udodasco1:

I have done my bit,I pray the Holy spirit will guild you better

Taaa. I'm guided and guarded by the Holy Spirit.
Gone are the days when men like you preyed on people's ignorance with your fear filled lies called message.

You are sending people out of church with this trash you preach.
Ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes from this self imposed righteousness so you can see nothing but Christ!

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Shalomdee(f): 3:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
The Bible tells us that women should dress moderately not using gold and pearls. Even if you don't believe this, testimonies of some Christians who died can convince us.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by pweetiedee(m): 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Yeah.

does.
. i wil not say u r wrong. but since it is a worldly act, stop riding beautiful cars, wearin clothes, stop living in beatiful houses, stop using mobile fones and evritin dat is of the world. pls go bak and study the Bible very well. even God loves beautiful things, from Garden of Eden to Solomon's temple. Even Esther was beautified. God is not against all dis things, its our pastors who have set different doctrines, that of deeper life differs from CAC, AGAPE differs from winners. Everytin shud just be done moderately.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by pweetiedee(m): 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
i concur but disagree with that of Earring meant for ladies. As a christian- REAL christian, not those bench and plastic chair warmers calling themselves christian, we shouldn't be WORLDLY in our comportment. No wonder Jesur ask if He will find FAITH(REAL BELIEVER) on earth when He returns.
God never disapproved of this things. read the ten commandments, read MARK 7, READ Galatians 5. u wont be confused.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by bezimo(m): 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
There are people who dont wear earings or chain but their heart are more sinful and wicked than those who were them.At least I know of some deeper life folks.That is not the identity of christianity Jesus came to establish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sincere Questions To Frosbel / Six Important Ways You Can Obtain Mercy From God / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.