Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,423 members, 7,843,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari (40458 Views)

Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari / No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage / Buhari On BBC Interview:"I Will Ban The Press If They Embarass A Public Officer" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by OBIchinon: 4:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
bgates:
Nairaland

might even be thing of the past

wow

press freedom

free speech should be encouraged
I see myself going on excile should this man win,I can't imagine not being able to say my mind because of this buhari animal,pls who has the key to the gate of hail open it fast so that buhari and his supporters will enter that is where they belong GEJ till 2019
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Defcon1(m): 4:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
DevilishKiller:

Titi can we marry
your username has already disqualified you grin
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Akpan107(m): 4:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
barcanista:
Dear Akpan, Muhammadu Buhari will be elected President and Commander-in-Chief. You will feel the #Change
hmmmm.... We shall see!

1 Like

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by enekentioba: 4:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
Vig86:

Kee onye maram ruo ulo?
. mumu I won't tell you lol. see as your head dey swell say you see likes for your post.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by rozayx5(m): 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2015
maclatunji:

Tell this to Tompolo. #Hehehehe

Our inland waterways security contractor under an "educated" President Jonathan.

#ChangeIsComing #GetUsedToIt

yes tompolo will remain there and chop to his satifsfaction, what are you gonna do about it? grin grin grin
if e dey pain you carry gun go killam, if you wont be blown to smithereens

where were you when TY danjuma was selling oil well for 500million $ , i guess you were deaf then, its tompolo that is from the south that you can see very well

2 Likes

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Defcon1(m): 4:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
There is absolutely no true democracy without press freedom and freedom of speech
That is a major difference between democracy and dictatorship
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Collynzo9: 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
According to APC plebs:
Buhari hates the press (confirmed), but the cannot restrict press freedom because we are in a democratic dispensation.
Buhari said he will do his best to make sure Sharia is applied all over Nigeria (confirmed), but he cannot succeed because we are in a democratic dispensation.
But these same people believe that Buhari can ''fight'' corruption in a democratic dispensation just as he did as military head of state. He will work with corrupt senators to remove the immunity corrupt of Governors and legislators to pave way for the arrests.
What delusion!
What hypocrisy!

9 Likes

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by samplegirl(f): 5:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
calebo101:
I hope Nigerians know the "change" they want. Everything about this man seems wrong. From the visible hypocrisy on his face to the outright lies being sold to the public by his apologists, Nigeria would be on a long ride if he smells power.

What annoys me most are comments made by the ignorant ones down to the outright fools such as "we should try him first, then if he does not perform after 4 years we vote him out"... Like really Would you still have the avenue or opportunity to vote in 4 years time? Would it count?

Nothing beats freedom. If the people of Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Syria, et al, could have predicted the future, they would not have shouted change! Them for manage Ghadaffi and dem Mubarak... See where the change put them now.

Same mistake is happening in Nigeria and typically, we don't learn from the past. Bringing in a man that contributed to the decadent country today, guided by his co-perpetrators (Obasanjo, Atiku, Babangida) using the mantra 'change' is a mockery of our intelligence.

@calebo101 you did not wirte this but God in heaven used your hand to pass this across. That same God will BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by tk4rd: 5:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
Are you sure that Politics Section of Nairaland can survive Buhari's regime.?

1 Like

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
Buhari don dey yarn ballz already. More reason why his dreams of being a president in nigeria will become shattered. D guy na fool o, is it nt d same press that he is using to campaign? So he wants to ban them just incase he does something bad after winning so his gist won't spread. Interesting.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Dmentor(f): 5:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
Anti democratic.

1 Like

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
enekentioba:
. mumu I won't tell you lol. see as your head dey swell say you see likes for your post.
Guy u don kill me here! I am used to more "likes". This ur monika eh, ENEKENTIOBA. Do u know bill gate, Nwananambra? I am suspecting that u are the same person.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by maclatunji: 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
ichidodo:
We understand the only reason you throwing your life away like this for Buhari is because he's a muslim like yourself.....If you like wear a suicide vest, no vacancy in Aso Rock..

Hahahaha. You know Nigeria is such a beautiful country under President Jonathan that it is now about to welcome African Union troops to fight insurgents that should have been crushed by any decent leader.

Tell this your post to the Igbo people that topped individual donations to General Buhari's campaign. They must all be Muslims too. #Hehehehe

1 Like

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by abbey621(m): 5:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
Another propaganda aimed at blinding Nigerians. I implore you all to watch the youtube video in its entirety. What you'll discover is that the general was basically attacked throughout the interview in an attempt to discredit him, first they said he can't speak English, next they said he has no certificate and now he's an enemy of the press, when will the propaganda stop? We all know about military rule, every military head state restricted the press at one point or the other but propagandist only see what they want to see. It would be cynical to believe that a Buhari in his 70s would exhibit the same autonomous control he had back in the military era. We are at the age of social media, huge international awareness, gone are the days of restricting the press. My advice to GEJ paid propagandist, talk about the serious issues facing the country, talk about GEJ's plans for us for the next four years and how it will be more effective than the years he's spent already. Time is running out, the wind of change is now full blown!

2 Likes

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by maclatunji: 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
peedeeasobie:

Also study about Hitler, he didn't enrich himself unnecessarily.
There are things that move men, GMB's own might not be money but absolute power which is more dangerous than being moved by money.

When I see youths shouting 'said buhari' for a 70+ years old man to become the president, I weep for this nation.

Maybe after Buhari, Babangida, After Babangida, Danjuma, after Danjuma, Shagari, after Shagari, Gowon...

hopelessness!

The worst of GEJ is better than the best of GMB.

We have actually experienced both men in power before. Under President Jonathan, Nigeria is under attack and cannot defend itself effectively. This is the fundamental duty of government, under General Buhari, we didn't have such a problem.

So, don't try to make it look as if you have new information for us.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Maser: 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
Say what you like about Buhari. We know he is upright. If banning press will make him fix Nigeria. So be it! Press freedom does not put food on the common man's table. Lest you forget, under his regime, $1=N2 and he never borrowed a kobo from foreign creditors.

We love GMB!

1 Like

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by chinchong: 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
ceejayluv:
"Buhari enslaved the nation. He gloated and gloried in a Master-slave relation to the millions of its inhabitants. It is astonishing to find that the same former slaves, now free of their chains, should clamour to be ruled by one who not only turned their nation into a slave plantation, but forbade them any discussion of their condition" - Wole Soyinka.
even if u copied this,i still will give u your 10 billion likes.......and for d original owner of the statement(soyinka).i give 10 billion share...d guy is wonderful!
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by maclatunji: 5:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
abbey621:
Another propaganda aimed at blinding Nigerians. I implore you all to watch the youtube video in its entirety. What you'll discover is that the general was basically attacked throughout the interview in an attempt to discredit him, first they said he can't speak English, next they said he has no certificate and now he's an enemy of the press, when will the propaganda stop? We all know about military rule, every military head state restricted the press at one point or the other but propagandist only see what they want to see. It would be cynical to believe that a Buhari in his 70s would exhibit the same autonomous control he had back in the military era. We are at the age of social media, huge international awareness, gone are the days of restricting the press. My advice to GEJ paid propagandist, talk about the serious issues facing the country, talk about GEJ's plans for us for the next four years and how it will be more effective than the years he's spent already. Time is running out, the wind of change is now full blown!

They cannot because he is losing on that basis, they can only use things like this to try to make Nigerians fear General Buhari and keep our dear incapable President in power.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by maclatunji: 5:16pm On Feb 01, 2015
rozayx5:

yes tompolo will remain there and chop to his satifsfaction, what are you gonna do about it? grin grin grin
if e dey pain you carry gun go killam, if you wont be blown to smithereens

where were you when TY danjuma was selling oil well for 500million $ , i guess you were deaf then, its tompolo that is from the south that you can see very well

Of course, this how the President and his supporters think. Ask yourself if a country can continue to be run like this and not collapse from decay and decadence.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by rozayx5(m): 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
maclatunji:

Of course, this how the President and his supporters think. Ask yourself if a country can continue to be run like this and not collapse from decay and decadence.

it was not collapsing when buhari and abacha were chopping, na GEJ una eye dey see abi grin

6 Likes

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by rozayx5(m): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
maclatunji:

We have actually experienced both men in power before. Under President Jonathan, Nigeria is under attack and cannot defend itself effectively. This is the fundamental duty of government, under General Buhari, we didn't have such a problem.

So, don't try to make it look as if you have new information for us.

under attack from who?
is it not the same ty danjuma that is sponsoring BH so as to make sure they get their oil licenses renewed

1 Like

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Youngzedd(m): 5:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
This is the reason why Seun is campaign for GEJ.

1 Like

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by nkemdi89(f): 5:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
baybeeboi:
clearly this man is still in the 1980s.
See what's in his old brain.
After suckin cow brèast and high from it all he does is spill shît
Btw.......is Buhari a public officer?
GEJ joorr.....till.............
Must you haul abuses at him before you drive home your point? Please let's be civil sometimes.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by poiZon: 5:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
barcanista:
We have existing laws, we sure do. President Buhari will not manufacture laws from the mars nor use executive fiat. You should be more concerned with ethical journalism and the provisions of relevant laws rather than this position you are holding. In every profession there is code of conduct, in journalism we have BON, we have Press Council these two bodies regulate the practice of Journalism as established by the law. We also have Private Associations, all these groups are against unethical practice. See, I will never side illegality, we should be sincere and not emotional. Where were you when Jonathan banned Aljazeera from Nigeria? Where were you when Israel banned PressTV? Where were you when Uk suspended PressTV? Where were you? You have to be sincere. Journalist must be ethical or be made to face the law. No one stop them from doing their jobs, they must do so ethically.

is aljazeera own by a nigerian?
barca u aint tryng bro.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by luigiajah(m): 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
If Buhari Is Against Press Freedom, It Means He Is Against Every Blogger.. Bloggers who praise Buhari.. Should stop posting stories about him. Let's see how popular he will get without bloggers.. Mtcheww.. An Old Man With A Retarded Brain...
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by DevilishKiller: 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2015
Defcon1:

your username has already disqualified you grin

grin
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by maclatunji: 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2015
rozayx5:

under attack from who?
is it not the same ty danjuma that is sponsoring BH so as to make sure they get their oil licenses renewed

Excellent! If you know the sponsor of terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria, then President Jonathan too should know. It just proves he is an incapable leader if he cannot arrest and bring to justice such people.

No need for stories, we only need action.

1 Like

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Nonsoco80(m): 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2015
[quote author=Juliaann post=30320084][/quote]
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Praktikals(m): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2015
T
If you ask me, immunity clause, as we now have it, is a modified vrsion of Decree 4. These Tanoids are doing their principal more harm than good. I watched the video and think General was emphasizing responsible journalism. I seriously doubt if Jona can survive that hot seat
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by justme002: 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
Just imagine the look of disgust and disdain written all ova his face!!,any man that can't live in an atmosphere that strives for the freedom of speech for both the citizens n the press isn't worthy to rule in a democratic setting!..so GMB pls go n join the army n fight the bokoharam sect,thats were u r needed the most not as a leader!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader And Head Of Recruitment In Chad And Cameroun Arrested / Juju: Charm At Nigerian Embassy In France (Video) / Kidnappers Murder Washima Erukaa, Bury Him While Negotiating Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.