Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities (1078 Views)

10 Behaviors That Ruin Relationships And How To Avoid Them / Reasons Why Ladies Make It Difficult To Get Under Their Pants In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:18am On Feb 01, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

[b] I've come across countless articles on digital and print media about stories of incompatibility and I felt I should contribute to the discussion by stating my perspective and consequently engaging and interacting with you all. Hopefully someone out there would extract something beneficial from this.

In my twenty-something years on Earth thus far, I've realized , from experience and recounts of other people, that people who can't properly express themselves online most times can't do so offline. They can barely hold intelligent discussions for lengthy periods.
I've always set a standard for myself when interacting with others especially the females.
A female with whom I foresee myself getting deeply involved with has to:

*Be smart

*Possess a level of worldliness (knowledge about world issues) , engage me in battle of wits

*Be able to hold her own against me

*Counter me with articulated points when the need arises

*Critically analyze situations and proffer solutions on her own even if I'm not around

*Be versatile. She should be multifaceted. Her interests should vary from politics to psychology/philosophy and from music/movies to biology.

Before you go you'll-only-meet-her-in-your-dreams on me, I've already met such females- several of them. I'm currently dating one.
I know you don't find such females everyday but the truth is: You're who you attract. Set your priorities.

The secret to being in a sustained relationship is compatibility. The aforementioned criteria (characteristics if you like ), for me, makes me want to be with a female more. Such traits would help you two become friends and lovers if you so desire. You both know you can converse about anything to each other. I have conversed about menstrual cramps and the solutions with my missy who's an English student and I a biomedical student and we make it seem like we are talking about the weather.
Females who are that insightful tend to be more rational (they wouldn't just jump into conclusions). They are less materialistic too. They know their worth. They know their versatility and intelligence would make headway for them. They know they'll make it. Consequently they then to focus more on making their relationships works...that's if the males they are engaged with think the same way.

The lover in them might be pissed off at you but the friend within wants to hear your side of the story.

And you'll less likely want to cheat on them too. She gives you everything you want physically and emotionally.
This article is an abridged version of my ratiocinations. Abridged so as not to bore you out with semantics and word play.

My point? Compatibility as a requisite for sustainable relationship doesn't just happen. You as an individual has to possess the necessary prerequisites as highlighted above.

My question? What's your take on the issue?

LET'S DISCUSS

....The son of Mark
[/b]

Cc: Mizmycoli , ObongProff, Herald9, Tallesty1, Truckpusher, Nneka123, Rozayx5, Tosyne2much (a.k.a Mr Top Ten), Holatin and everyone other discerning person.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by Princecalm(m): 11:25am On Feb 01, 2015
WE HEAR YOU, BUT IT WILL COST YOU TIME BEFORE YOU FIND SUCH.
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 01, 2015
seconded.....
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:41am On Feb 01, 2015
Princecalm:
WE HEAR YOU, BUT IT WILL COST YOU TIME BEFORE YOU FIND SUCH.

Actually, monsieur, I have - I am in a loving relationship with one and I revel in every minute of it.

You can too if you make some adjustments to your priorities and philosophy.
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by Princecalm(m): 11:46am On Feb 01, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Actually, monsieur, I have - I am in a loving relationship with one and I revel in every minute of it.

You can too if you make some adjustments to your priorities and philosophy.
k, you might also claim to be while you 're not
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by ivyT(f): 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
Op is right,they r everywhere_just hv to look harder.nd boom u'll find d one
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 4:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
One word compatibility+fun to be with
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by xamster(m): 4:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
its quite obvious that contemporary youths are more into trivial motives when in relationships as against the ideology of companionship you just describe. even though such ladies are not far fetched, the male folk seem to be on hit & run relationship regardless of the ladies intellectual quotient. so howbeit everyone have their mode of thinking which differentiate all humans.
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by tosyne2much(m): 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Cc: Miz.mycoli , Obo.ngProff, Her.ald9, Tal.lesty1, Truck.pusher, Nne.ka123, Roza.yx5, Tosyne2much (a.k.a Mr Top Ten), Ho.latin and everyone other discerning person.
hahaahahaha grin
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by samuelson06(m): 12:34am On Feb 02, 2015
I think there's always that force of attraction at work in us. You don't necessarily need to search too much for someone that'll match the nature of person that you are. On several occasions I have met people who seems to match just perfect. For instance, I had a girlfriend who loves talking so much mixing loads of lies. Later on, I came to realize that the boyfriend is a politician. So you see the compatibility. However, there are also other cases where some traits might just meet in opposite: a cheat boyfriend meeting a responsible non-cheat girlfriend. In this case, I strongly believe the girl missed her focus and hence landing with a cheat. She did something wrong along the line and then got it wrong too. My point remains that, what you deserve comes to you. Just know what you want and remain focus on that picture.
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:47am On Feb 02, 2015
xamster:
its quite obvious that contemporary youths are more into trivial motives when in relationships as against the ideology of companionship you just describe. even though such ladies are not far fetched, the male folk seem to be on hit & run relationship regardless of the ladies intellectual quotient. so howbeit everyone have their mode of thinking which differentiate all humans.

[b] You might "hit" but you certainly wouldn't run when you meet a person who possesses the qualities I stated...and that depends on if you aren't shallow yourself.

ivyT:
Op is right,they r everywhere_just hv to look harder.nd boom u'll find d one
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by Ezibless: 1:08am On Feb 02, 2015
Nice points.

The topic woulda been even more interesting if you gave insight on some men's attribute to look for too y'knw? Coz it seem you're mainly saying from experiencecheesy
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by MizMyColi(f): 9:30am On Feb 02, 2015
Hi there smiley
You mentioned us minutes after you made the post, hence our being unable to see the mention straight up.
But for Tallesty who shared it.......

You've made very valid points, very valid.

However, I think you should do one that focuses on the guys too.
You get?

That's where I can come in.
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by xamster(m): 1:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

[b] You might "hit" but you certainly wouldn't run when you meet a person who possesses the qualities I stated...and that depends on if you aren't shallow yourself.

what does this have to do with the last sentence. i never mentioned myself fool.
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by Extom(m): 7:48am On Feb 06, 2015
You are what you attract!!!
It's good to know that 'our kinds' are still very much out there, and that we can't be annihilated.
Nice one buddy. smiley
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by kponkedenge(m): 7:59am On Feb 06, 2015
Good write up

Meanwhile in another news

Do you have what it takes to become the next face of santa studio?

Follow the link below.

www.nairaland.com/2132165/face-santa-studio-beauty-pageant#30459501
Re: About Compatibility, Relationships And Personalities by datyrone(m): 9:12am On Feb 06, 2015
you can't demand for what you don't have.those qualities you desire from a potential partner must reflect in you.
it doesn't always seem so easy like that.....we are all a work in progress
because nobody is a finished article for now.
some virtues are more important than compatibility.

(1) (Reply)

She Got Married Without My Knowledge / 10 Ways To Stay Friends After Being Intimate / What Would You Have Done?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.