Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes (22714 Views)

Buhari Vs Jonathan: Opinion Polls By Pulse TV (Videos) / Oby Ezekwesili, Nigerians React To INEC's Decision To Shift Polls On Twitter / Security Chiefs Put Pressure On Me To Shift Polls – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 03, 2015
Nigerians should not allow this postponement. It is uncalled for. Postpone the election till "God knows when",whatever will be will be.

2 Likes

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by endymetrix(m): 7:27am On Feb 03, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Jonathan is nolonger sleeping at night because of his dreams ofmassive defeat

Say no to election postponement
and You are sure General Buhari sleeps
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by otokx(m): 7:27am On Feb 03, 2015
Like play, like play.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by OLADD: 7:28am On Feb 03, 2015
Oklander:
Any attempt or attempted attempt to delay and deny the liberation of this great nation from corruption will be exuberantly resisted.

By who? Some of you can make mouth sha! Just a mere sound of knock-out, you are already reciting incantations under your spring bed!
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 7:29am On Feb 03, 2015
clevvermind:
i support this motion. the election should be postponed. we don't want any violence to erupt in this country. we want peace.
Was it not jonathan boys in the creek that are threaten violence if their master didnt win,why? Pls! Answer ooo
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Gboliwe: 7:29am On Feb 03, 2015
Shift it to eternity o, shift it to the next decade o, leave it as already scheduled o, anytime the government decides to hold this election, as God gives me breathe and health, I will go out and still vote Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan of PDP. #mymindismadeup

The people agitating for the status quo are heartless humans who have no regards for other humans. Even after reasons are tabled, they still run amok making the usual noise.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by sagr(m): 7:31am On Feb 03, 2015
FG n GEJ felt dey r gaining more ground in their various hate campaigns so dey want to entend d elections so as to continue their hate n character assassination campaign..NIGERIANS are now smarter n aware. Sai buhari

2 Likes

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by HAH: 7:31am On Feb 03, 2015
uchkochi:
Listen; Jonathan is the best candidate, I also endorse him. What is Osibanjo doing as a running mate with Buhari a muslim. It is a slap on God's face. The APC'S PLAN IS TO ISLAMISE NIGERIA AND GOD WON'T ALLOW IT. JONATHAN IS DOING WELL BUT HE HAS BAD PEOPLE AROUND HIM DISCREDITING HIS ACHIEVEMENTS. I AM HAPPY THE CHRISTIAN LEADERS ENDORSED JONATHAN.

AS FOR PRIVATE JETS, IT IS GOD'S DESIRE THAT ALL CHRISTIAN LEADERS HAVE ONE FOR THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY. THERE IS NO WAY TO EFFECTIVELY SPREAD THE GOSPEL WITHOUT OWNING ONE ESPECIALLY IF A MINISTRY ENTAILS FREQUENT TRAVELLING.

THOSE PEOPLE CANVASSING THAT PASTORS SHOULD NOT OWN JETS. JETS ARE LIKE INTERNATIONAL CARS. THE POOR WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED EVEN IF YOU FEED THEM EVERYDAY. TELLING A PASTOR TO SELL HIS JET AND GIVE HIS MONEY TO THE POOR IS LIKE TELLING YOU TO SELL YOUR CAR AND GIVE THE MONEY TO THE POOR AND START TREKKING. P. JET IS A NECESSITY NOT A LUXURY.
see this mumu

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by WisdomFlakes: 7:31am On Feb 03, 2015
PDP would rather the country break than lose to Buhari in a free & fair election. Virtually ALL their intelligence sources point to a HIGH probability of GEJ's loss at the coming polls. It really is a hard pill to swallow for this administration.

2 Likes

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Tearg1: 7:31am On Feb 03, 2015
Say no to another June 12

2 Likes

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Jorussia(m): 7:32am On Feb 03, 2015
uchkochi:
Listen; Jonathan is the best candidate, I also endorse him. What is Osibanjo doing as a running mate with Buhari a muslim. It is a slap on God's face. The APC'S PLAN IS TO ISLAMISE NIGERIA AND GOD WON'T ALLOW IT. JONATHAN IS DOING WELL BUT HE HAS BAD PEOPLE AROUND HIM DISCREDITING HIS ACHIEVEMENTS. I AM HAPPY THE CHRISTIAN LEADERS ENDORSED JONATHAN.

AS FOR PRIVATE JETS, IT IS GOD'S DESIRE THAT ALL CHRISTIAN LEADERS HAVE ONE FOR THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY. THERE IS NO WAY TO EFFECTIVELY SPREAD THE GOSPEL WITHOUT OWNING ONE ESPECIALLY IF A MINISTRY ENTAILS FREQUENT TRAVELLING.

THOSE PEOPLE CANVASSING THAT PASTORS SHOULD NOT OWN JETS. JETS ARE LIKE INTERNATIONAL CARS. THE POOR WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED EVEN IF YOU FEED THEM EVERYDAY. TELLING A PASTOR TO SELL HIS JET AND GIVE HIS MONEY TO THE POOR IS LIKE TELLING YOU TO SELL YOUR CAR AND GIVE THE MONEY TO THE POOR AND START TREKKING. P. JET IS A NECESSITY NOT A LUXURY.
Any time i hear SB,saying that APC'S agenda is to islamise Nigeria, i get very irritated, esp coming from someone who is supposedly educated. When APC formed their interim exco people said it had an islamic agenda,now that they have elected their substantive exco,some persons because of their mischiefs will not stop tagging the party as Islamic. Any pastor who openly endorses GEJ (WHO I KNOW MUST SURELY BE A CULTIST)over a respected man of God in the person OSIBANJO,Is a very BIG SUSPECT. Joseph in the Bible, did prime minister in a country where pharaoh was king,and we all know that it was GOD that brought him there.

2 Likes

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by VirginFinder: 7:32am On Feb 03, 2015
Noooooooooooooo!
I'm already in high spirit!!
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Kingspin(m): 7:33am On Feb 03, 2015
Stop this nonsense report to deceive the weak among us only INEC have the responsibility to postpone the date of election.

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by reborn1: 7:34am On Feb 03, 2015
uchkochi:

Omg. This is unbelievable. Where is your brain?

3 Likes

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by OLADD: 7:35am On Feb 03, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Jonathan is nolonger sleeping at night because of his dreams ofmassive defeat

Say no to election postponement

Talk is cheap. Many of Buari's supporters will not know what hit them by the time Jonathan is declared winner anytime the poll is held. Just continue to fool yourselves, even Buhari and Tinubu know they are fighting a lost batle.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by menesheh(m): 7:36am On Feb 03, 2015
ionsman:
Gej, please stop delaying your imminent loss.
Shifting or no shifting, you are going back to otueke.
Q.E.D

That is what he is trying to curb because as your mind is now focus on otueke whatever, if he win which is inevitable, you must start killing your fellow
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by WisdomFlakes: 7:37am On Feb 03, 2015
The biggest headache for GEJ and his team is JEGA's refusal to 'play ball'. I don't think Nigerians appreciate how terrified the ruling party is about the REAL possibility of losing power to the opposition, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN NIGERIA'S HISTORY!

They never foresaw what is currently happening, else they would have done more to prevent losing five governors to the opposition, and more critically, they would have done more to frustrate Buhari's emergence.

2 Likes

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 7:37am On Feb 03, 2015
opalu:
This is utter rubbish and arrant nonsense. The Presidency which is headed by one of the parties cannot shift the Election arbitrarily except it passes through both Chambers of the National Assembly with a simple majority vote. The reason being that INEC is an independent body based on the law that set it up. When you being a Candidate fix a date for election just because you want to perfect your rigging machinery or for the eligibility case against your main Challenger to be concluded, then it means you have usurped the powers of the Independent Electoral Umpire. Nigerians will resist this.
Operation say no to election postponement
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jashar(f): 7:37am On Feb 03, 2015
It's good jare. @ least we'll have our valentine. cheesy grin.

Seriously though, I'm yet to collect my PVC. Who can help me beg Obafemi Owode Government of Ogun State?

#givememyPVC#
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by eluquenson(m): 7:37am On Feb 03, 2015
PDP are already scared and want to use their incumbent power over INEC to shift the poll, God pass GEJ and his cohorts

Mind you am now a Hausa man....wayo Allah grin
SAI Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 03, 2015
Coming 12 days to the election? When some of us already made travel plans regarding the 14th? So not fair!

That said, even if the election is postponed, nothing will change, not the people's mindset, not the winner! Except PDP is planning to perfect their rigging plans, import more weapons for the Asaris and wreck more havoc in case they lose.

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by dexterinc2003: 7:39am On Feb 03, 2015
Ok,pdp wants to first shift it by 6 weeks,then by another 3 months,then further to make it 6 months,cos we all know that they cant win this elections even with a 6 weeks shift,but a lot can happen in 6 months...wait oh ,is it by force to rule us?the only thing that can stop the post election violence is good security measures for 6 weeks AFTER the elections(not BEFORE).
Pls for now i think the focus should be on making the 'remixed' audit report by NOI available to us.cos heads must roll by may if/when power changes hand.cos we are tired of a government that acknowledges that there is a cabal but has no 'liver' to handle them but insted wants to be 'president for life' like mugabe.
#change cometh#i believe #sai the people's General

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by ncoolsome(m): 7:40am On Feb 03, 2015
I just hope Jega isn't begining to reason like his paymaster,he had 4yrs to plan this election the same way Gej had 4yrs to cause meaning development across the country bt....

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by KwoiZabo(m): 7:41am On Feb 03, 2015
Why is APC afraid of a shift for the elections? because their candidate is fast loosing popularity. That is why you see things like #ihavedecided. The elections must be shifted and everyone will have time to do a proper assessment of the two presidential candidates and vote wisely. Moreso, thats what you get when you base your campaign on empty slogans like FeBuhari will it now be FeMarch. Yeye APC
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 7:41am On Feb 03, 2015
kimond101:
This FG wants to destabilize Nigeria sha.
Cause if they postpone elections and Gej wins it would be concluded by all that it was rigged.
No do ojoro!
I tell ya...that is their plan
PDP have been rigging election since 1999...even late yaradua attested to this by say the election that brough him to power is questionable.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by udy4real(m): 7:41am On Feb 03, 2015
adconline:
Cluelessness of this administration knows no bound. If elections are postponed by 6months, GEJ would have been in power for more than 4 years, thereby violating the constitution and making his authority illegal. He also needs the constitution changed to accommodate a-4& 1/2 yr presidency.. Changing the constitution takes more time and resources than holding an election..

Read well before u coment and mislead people like u,its six weeks and not six months
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by sirrinky: 7:41am On Feb 03, 2015
Will shifting the elections not further make room for heating the polity?
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by justynneke(f): 7:41am On Feb 03, 2015
reborn1:

Omg. This is unbelievable. Where is your brain?
Pls ask him o
I won't abuse him cos sum pple av done dat already
Is d wasted sperm aware of doz pastors meeting wit gej?
Is d odoyo also aware dat jet is nw used to measure classeS amnog dis pastors?
Mtcheeeeeew
Abeg ask A̶̲̥̅♏ again.

3 Likes

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by tolexy007(m): 7:42am On Feb 03, 2015
Oklander:
Any attempt or attempted attempt to delay and deny the liberation of this great nation from corruption will be exuberantly resisted.
K....bt will u do? u will just shout and shout on nairaland dat is all. me too I don't d election to b postpone, let's do it and forget it
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by OLADD: 7:42am On Feb 03, 2015
adconline:
Cluelessness of this administration knows no bound. If elections are postponed by 6months, GEJ would have been in power for more than 4 years, thereby violating the constitution and making his authority illegal. He also needs the constitution changed to accommodate a-4& 1/2 yr presidency.. Changing the constitution takes more time and resources than holding an election..

Your own cluelessness knows no bound. Are you claiming to know more than the govt in the area of constitionalism? I am also not on the side of those clamouring for the poll shift but if it happens, there are provisions in the constitution that covers such exigency. Don't mislead Nigerians.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by emiye(m): 7:43am On Feb 03, 2015
All the reasons canvassed for a need to shift the election are fraudulent.

On PVC collection rate, this is not the first time that PVCs will be used in conducting elections, Osun and Ekiti state governorship elections were conducted with PVCs, and the collection rate was at 65-70% in both states yet elections were conducted, as at the last assessment, INEC has distributed close to 65% of PVCs nationwide, and all the total 68 million PVCs are now in the country, and collection of PVCs is ongoing till the next 6 days. Distribution of PVCs is at very least a two way responsibility, the owner must come forward to collect it, if any one stays in his/her bedroom and claim not to have collected PVC, it is not INECs fault, i have heard many people asking INEC to promise 95% collection of PVC, and i wonder when INEC now carries the burden of responsibility to despatch PVCs in to peoples homes.

On the tensed polity, it will get worse as the day progresses, shifting the election will make matters worse

2 Likes

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by justynneke(f): 7:44am On Feb 03, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Why is APC afraidof a shift
Datz because D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ r afraid mumu lyk Ʊ might extra-suffer for anoda 4yrs ni

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marketers Sell Fuel Above N145 — The PUNCH / Benin Residents Resist Electricity Officials After Disconecting Their Light.PICS / Boko Haram Fuel Suppliers Arrested In Maiduguri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.