Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,305 members, 7,957,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:56 PM

Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes (22853 Views)

Buhari Vs Jonathan: Opinion Polls By Pulse TV (Videos) / Oby Ezekwesili, Nigerians React To INEC's Decision To Shift Polls On Twitter / Security Chiefs Put Pressure On Me To Shift Polls – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by clevvermind(m): 8:34am On Feb 03, 2015
jamst:

I can see that you are as clueless as jonathan...who are the people that are trying to bomb buhari in his convoy? And mind you jonathan havent condemn his boys threat from the creek,why
who are the people attacking and even trying to bomb our president up North? you mean Jonathan have not condemn the threat? i rest my case. you are not current like buhari. bye.

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by benzion72(m): 8:35am On Feb 03, 2015
See them they are afraid to the bone. Febuhari 14 is sarcosant using the word of Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Azikiwe. No shifting let us go to the poll now.

PDP is dead and buried. 16 years no light. 16 years no good road, 16 years millions are still unemployed.

Under Jona PDP
Fuel move from 65 to 97 naira
Drivers license move from 3000 to 15000
1 kilowatt of power move from 4naira to 13 naira
You have to reregister your plate number
Under him you pay 1000 to get employment for like the immigration where so many people lost their life.
Corruption and so many other loss of trillions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 8:37am On Feb 03, 2015
clevvermind:
they just need more time. let's give it to them. let them be well prepared for the task ahead. they cannot give excuse at all.
Well,am neither a security or military personel cos this is a challenging question to them
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 8:37am On Feb 03, 2015
clevvermind:
they just need more time. let's give it to them. let them be well prepared for the task ahead. they cannot give excuse at all.
Well,am neither a security nor military personel cos this is a challenging question to them
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by zheroes(m): 8:37am On Feb 03, 2015
uchkochi:
Listen; Jonathan is the best candidate, I also endorse him. What is Osibanjo doing as a running mate with Buhari a muslim. It is a slap on God's face. The APC'S PLAN IS TO ISLAMISE NIGERIA AND GOD WON'T ALLOW IT. JONATHAN IS DOING WELL BUT HE HAS BAD PEOPLE AROUND HIM DISCREDITING HIS ACHIEVEMENTS. I AM HAPPY THE CHRISTIAN LEADERS ENDORSED JONATHAN.

AS FOR PRIVATE JETS, IT IS GOD'S DESIRE THAT ALL CHRISTIAN LEADERS HAVE ONE FOR THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY. THERE IS NO WAY TO EFFECTIVELY SPREAD THE GOSPEL WITHOUT OWNING ONE ESPECIALLY IF A MINISTRY ENTAILS FREQUENT TRAVELLING.

THOSE PEOPLE CANVASSING THAT PASTORS SHOULD NOT OWN JETS. JETS ARE LIKE INTERNATIONAL CARS. THE POOR WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED EVEN IF YOU FEED THEM EVERYDAY. TELLING A PASTOR TO SELL HIS JET AND GIVE HIS MONEY TO THE POOR IS LIKE TELLING YOU TO SELL YOUR CAR AND GIVE THE MONEY TO THE POOR AND START TREKKING. P. JET IS A NECESSITY NOT A LUXURY.
some have eyes but cant see, ears but wont hear!!!! where and how did you grow up?

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 8:38am On Feb 03, 2015
emiye:
All the reasons canvassed for a need to shift the election are fraudulent.

On PVC collection rate, this is not the first time that PVCs will be used in conducting elections, Osun and Ekiti state governorship elections were conducted with PVCs, and the collection rate was at 65-70% in both states yet elections were conducted, as at the last assessment, INEC has distributed close to 65% of PVCs nationwide, and all the total 68 million PVCs are now in the country, and collection of PVCs is ongoing till the next 6 days. Distribution of PVCs is at very least a two way responsibility, the owner must come forward to collect it, if any one stays in his/her bedroom and claim not to have collected PVC, it is not INECs fault, i have heard many people asking INEC to promise 95% collection of PVC, and i wonder when INEC now carries the burden of responsibility to despatch PVCs in to peoples homes.

On the tensed polity, it will get worse as the day progresses, shifting the election will make matters worse
May God bless ur common sense

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Keegan: 8:39am On Feb 03, 2015
lastburn:
more than a million Nigerians don't hv PVC and u sayin it shld go on.... Why Because ppl hv already started travelling! @times d way ppl reason sha!!!!

What were those Nigerians doing all this while? This kind of unreasonable mindset is what impoverished more and more citizens. People like you forget that all stakeholders should be taken into consideration. Nigeria is for all not the few rich alone.
An instance of igbo/yoruba/hausa family man with a wife and four kids relocated to their base for the period of election and aiming eagerly to return immediately after will be depressed as this senseless thought of postponing the election.
Nigeria will be a better place if we all act at appropriate time and bear it when we messed up and allow "others first, self last" to be our watchwords.

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Sunymoore(m): 8:42am On Feb 03, 2015
My blood dey hot! They just have to conduct this election already....
Any form of rigging will be surely be resisted...
Rig this election and I tell you asari and Co will be seen as learners... I don talk my own
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by twosquare(m): 8:44am On Feb 03, 2015
And who says it won't still happen even if you shift it a hundred times...it's like postponing the day of reckoning...we love deceiving ourselves in this country...tension will go down now but when that time it was shifted to comes, it will rise again. It is that simple.

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Opinedecandid(m): 8:45am On Feb 03, 2015
ELECTION HAS GOT TO BE POSTPONED FOR PROPER SECURITY ARRANGMENTS FOR INEC STAFF, ADHOC STAFF AND EVEN THE ELECTORATES ESPECIALLY IN THE NORTH EAST TO BE MADE.

MOST OF U THAT ARE SPEWING CRAPS AND THRASHES DONT RESIDE IN ANY OF THOSE AREAS, SO SHUT YOUR PIT UP.
WHAT IS WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING WELL. WHAT THEY PEPETRATED IN 2011 MUST NOT BE ALLOWED AGAIN THIS YEAR.
SO GO AND TELL THEM THAT ADEQUATE ARRANGMENT IS BEING PUT IN PLACE THIS TIME TO TURN THE HUNTER TO THE HUNTED AND THE VICTIM TO THE VICTOR.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 8:46am On Feb 03, 2015
clevvermind:
who are the people attacking and even trying to bomb our president up North? you mean Jonathan have not condemn the threat? i rest my case. you are not current like buhari. bye.
So,you are telling me that you arent aware of the attack on jonathan in bauchi was carried out by pdp members,due to one reason or another...i would have called it a pdp inside-job attack,but the governor quickly came to clear the air
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Rilwayne001: 8:49am On Feb 03, 2015
uchkochi:
Listen; Jonathan is the best candidate, I also endorse him. What is Osibanjo doing as a running mate with Buhari a muslim. It is a slap on God's face. The APC'S PLAN IS TO ISLAMISE NIGERIA AND GOD WON'T ALLOW IT. JONATHAN IS DOING WELL BUT HE HAS BAD PEOPLE AROUND HIM DISCREDITING HIS ACHIEVEMENTS. I AM HAPPY THE CHRISTIAN LEADERS ENHE POOR AND START TREKKING. P. JET IS A NECESSITY NOT A LUXURY.

bigot undecided
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:51am On Feb 03, 2015
FotherMucker:

If we're not ready in 4 years, we cant be ready in 6 weeks.

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 03, 2015
You misunderstood candy's post. It is not about travelling abroad, but travelling back to their hometown from their place of business to cast their votes
jamst:

it show you lack self confidence...infact,those of you planning to travel out do not deserve to be called a true nigerian.

Huh! I trust myself,nobody & nobody can threathen me,to make me abandon my fatherland...ko jooor
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2015
optimusprime2:
Is INEC not supposed to be an independent body or autonomous entity regarding electoral matters?
how come the Federal government now has a determining say in INEC's role, like they are practically calling the shots for INEC??
Jega has already become a puppet, he can't speak for himself on this one.
#Riggingstrategyloading SMH...
I tell ya

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by nortcentrallord(m): 8:59am On Feb 03, 2015
I would prefer the election to go as planned on the 14nth so some people will shut up permanently in this country but if it is to save lives and conduct a more credible election, then ba masalah. I know why APC supporters are scared, their mallam might be disqualified if the date is postponed. Well that is what you get for providing a half backed certificate forger promoted by Northern oligachy. Hahahahahahahaha. Una never c anytn sef.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Cholison(m): 9:01am On Feb 03, 2015
How did we get to this junction? Jega's legacy or conspiracy?
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Lanretoye(m): 9:01am On Feb 03, 2015
uchkochi:
Listen; Jonathan is the best candidate, I also endorse him. What is Osibanjo doing as a running mate with Buhari a muslim. It is a slap on God's face. The APC'S PLAN IS TO ISLAMISE NIGERIA AND GOD WON'T ALLOW IT. JONATHAN IS DOING WELL BUT HE HAS BAD PEOPLE AROUND HIM DISCREDITING HIS ACHIEVEMENTS. I AM HAPPY THE CHRISTIAN LEADERS ENDORSED JONATHAN.

AS FOR PRIVATE JETS, IT IS GOD'S DESIRE THAT ALL CHRISTIAN LEADERS HAVE ONE FOR THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY. THERE IS NO WAY TO EFFECTIVELY SPREAD THE GOSPEL WITHOUT OWNING ONE ESPECIALLY IF A MINISTRY ENTAILS FREQUENT TRAVELLING.

THOSE PEOPLE CANVASSING THAT PASTORS SHOULD NOT OWN JETS. JETS ARE LIKE INTERNATIONAL CARS. THE POOR WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED EVEN IF YOU FEED THEM EVERYDAY. TELLING A PASTOR TO SELL HIS JET AND GIVE HIS MONEY TO THE POOR IS LIKE TELLING YOU TO SELL YOUR CAR AND GIVE THE MONEY TO THE POOR AND START TREKKING. P. JET IS A NECESSITY NOT A LUXURY.

This post smells weed.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by BRAV0O(m): 9:02am On Feb 03, 2015
Not possible at all at all, they better hold the election so we can aggressively kick out the failure government from dis con3
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by nortcentrallord(m): 9:14am On Feb 03, 2015
optimusprime2:
Is INEC not supposed to be an independent body or autonomous entity regarding electoral matters?
how come the Federal government now has a determining say in INEC's role, like they are practically calling the shots for INEC??
Jega has already become a puppet, he can't speak for himself on this one.
#Riggingstrategyloading SMH...
Of course they are an independent body yet they can't disqualify a candidate that can't provide basic constitutional requirement for contesting for the office of the president. You guys are so funny.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by adconline(m): 9:14am On Feb 03, 2015
Mogidi:

And if Buhari is allowed to contest in contravention of the provisions of the Electoral Act/INEC (Form CF001), it would be an illegality as well.
[size=15pt]
IT MUST BE FAILBUHARY[/size]
I'm allergic to sophisticated idiocy!

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by rabzy01: 9:16am On Feb 03, 2015
If govt was really serious about raising tensions, it wouldn't have allowed campaign of hatred and calumny. And it would have dealt with BH long time ago. Imaging what this stupid agbero in Ekiti published on the front pages of some national dailies.

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by masterpiece86: 9:18am On Feb 03, 2015
This is a pure propaganda by pro-Jonathan. They are loosing the fight. It wouldn't happen.

We wouldn't allow the sweeping clamour for change to be truncated.

Besides, Federal government cannot postpone polls without recourse to National Assembly at least INEC saId dey are ready den y dis Hulaballow

Change...

IHaveDecided

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Raiders: 9:25am On Feb 03, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Of course they are an independent body yet they can't disqualify a candidate that can't provide basic constitutional requirement for contesting for the office of the president. You guys are so funny.
sai Buhari tongue
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Springz(f): 9:26am On Feb 03, 2015
clevvermind:
many people have not yet collected their pvc and it seems adequate preparation have not been made to curb post election violence. we still need more time for preparation. some vampires need to be enlightened too.
This is Nigeria, they had FOUR years to plan this so there's no excuse. Besides it will still be the same old same old even if they add extra six weeks or six months.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Adminisher: 9:34am On Feb 03, 2015
Mogidi:

And if Buhari is allowed to contest in contravention of the provisions of the Electoral Act/INEC (Form CF001), it would be an illegality as well.
[size=15pt]
IT MUST BE FAILBUHARY[/size]

What rubbish. There is no provision of the act that is dependent on filling a form correctly. Nigeria is not a primary school. The people who are bringing up the case no there is no case they are doing it to cause confusion until Jonathan bosses can find a way to rig him back in.
YOU CANNOT KEEP BUHARI FRIM THE BALLOT, ONLY A MENTALLY CHALLENGED SMALL CHILD WOULD THINK IT POSSIBLE. WHY MAKE BUHARI THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN NIGERIA BY BEING STUPID. IF JONATHAN TRIES TO DISQUALIFY BUNARI TODAY USING THE COURTS, ALL THE MINISTERS WILL RESIGN PIRELY OIT OF FEAR OF SAFETY. CIVIL,SERVANTS WILL TRAVEL FROM ABUJA BACK TO THEIR HOME STATES. EVEN YOU WONT BE AT HOME TYPING, YOU WILL BE HIDING SOMEWHERE.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by synergycom19: 9:49am On Feb 03, 2015
Instead of even shifting it back they want to push it forward,shows GEJ’S GREED FOR POWER,is Satanic.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by synergycom19: 9:53am On Feb 03, 2015
Opinedecandid:
ELECTION HAS GOT TO BE POSTPONED FOR PROPER SECURITY ARRANGMENTS FOR INEC STAFF, ADHOC STAFF AND EVEN THE ELECTORATES ESPECIALLY IN THE NORTH EAST TO BE MADE.

MOST OF U THAT ARE SPEWING CRAPS AND THRASHES DONT RESIDE IN ANY OF THOSE AREAS, SO SHUT YOUR PIT UP.
WHAT IS WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING WELL. WHAT THEY PEPETRATED IN 2011 MUST NOT BE ALLOWED AGAIN THIS YEAR.
SO GO AND TELL THEM THAT ADEQUATE ARRANGMENT IS BEING PUT IN PLACE THIS TIME TO TURN THE HUNTER TO THE HUNTED AND THE VICTIM TO THE VICTOR.
Postponed the elections till next year,there will still be Tension,lack of adequate preparation,etc. What are you even talking about,people who can't prepare elections for all this while will suddenly do it within weeks. Abeg examine your brain
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by gymer(m): 10:04am On Feb 03, 2015
adconline:
Cluelessness of this administration knows no bound. If elections are postponed by 6months, GEJ would have been in power for more than 4 years, thereby violating the constitution and making his authority illegal. He also needs the constitution changed to accommodate a-4& 1/2 yr presidency.. Changing the constitution takes more time and resources than holding an election..

Where did you see 6months? I think you are more clueless than your so called clueless. Read the post again and confirm whether it is 6months or 6weeks.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by goldman777: 10:07am On Feb 03, 2015
gej betta not try it because inec is not complaining
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Jesusloveyou: 10:07am On Feb 03, 2015
clevvermind:
i support this motion. the election should be postponed. we don't want any violence to erupt in this country. we want peace.
if d election is not rigged,they would be violence,even if d election hold today without rigging,they wil be no violent,so no need to postpone it,just conduct free and fair election.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Elan83(m): 10:09am On Feb 03, 2015
Firefire:
The election should not be postpone joo, we do not need to give anybody the avenue to yarn garbage.

However, I am an advocate of peaceful election.

Some people have been brainwashed that a particular candidate will win, I can only laugh. cheesy

I suspect the cult-like followers of that candidate can results to violence once their master's loses.

We need a PEACEFUL Nigeria where we can live together PEACEFULLY.

Shalom!

u can neva live peaceful wit Northerners, doz ppl 're violence personified!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Atiku, Boni Yayi At The Gusuau Institute (photos) / Tompolo Congratulates Okawa, Ikpeazu & Udom Emmanuel / Fuel Subsidy Will Not Return, FG Assures IMF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.