Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes (22715 Views)

Buhari Vs Jonathan: Opinion Polls By Pulse TV (Videos) / Oby Ezekwesili, Nigerians React To INEC's Decision To Shift Polls On Twitter / Security Chiefs Put Pressure On Me To Shift Polls – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Rafob(m): 7:44am On Feb 03, 2015
THIS PLAN TO SHIFT THE ELECTION IS WHAT WE ARE SAYING ABOUT THE WEAKNESS OF THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA YES.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 7:45am On Feb 03, 2015
clevvermind:
many people have not yet collected their pvc and it seems adequate preparation have not been made to curb post election violence. we still need more time for preparation. some vampires need to be enlightened too.
Then,what is the purpose of having security & military force,are you telling me they are incompetent?
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by ionsman: 7:45am On Feb 03, 2015
menesheh:

That is what he is trying to curb because as your mind is now focus on otueke whatever, if he win which is inevitable, you must start killing your fellow
From an Igbo man telling a south-southerner. Your delusion is real.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by WisdomFlakes: 7:46am On Feb 03, 2015
sirrinky:
Will shifting the elections not further make room for heating the polity?

It probably will. It will only create more ANXIETY as most Nigerians can't wait to have this election done and over with already.

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 7:46am On Feb 03, 2015
alaoeri:
Sahara reporters vindicated, election must hold on FEBUHARI 14, Jona want to buy time to change Jega & buy more electorates with money.
I tell ya
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by RAO1(m): 7:47am On Feb 03, 2015
what I don't understand is, will the postponement change anything? No!...for a period of 4 years,INEC /FEDERAL GVT are unable to distribute d PVCs successfully....woooo, many people are TOO anxious for change, they are ready to cast their votes.. Igba wo ni moku 'o ni ku..ile / otueke ya, . mtshww..
#BUAHRICMOVEMENT4CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 7:51am On Feb 03, 2015
adioolayi:
Watching in 3D as events unfolds....I don't think PVC distribution excuse is tenable...even if you shift elections by 2yrs those that will nt collect will not! We can't have 100% distribution....many have collected and will still not vote because of change in location. So, let's get this done now so the Nation can move on
Huh! I still wonder why they ditch the tvc for pvc in the first place
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by monkautos(m): 7:51am On Feb 03, 2015
apc, always winning in the media since 1961
media propaganda. wait till after elections. and do not come with those your regular statements i.e the election was marred with irregularities
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 7:52am On Feb 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Election must hold on febuhari 14.
definately
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Holuwathoby(m): 8:01am On Feb 03, 2015
shifting d poll date is nt a solution to post election violence. Say no to election rigging n violence. GOD's will shall surely be done!

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 8:01am On Feb 03, 2015
barcanista:
They should rather provide security than shift the poll
I taya ooo...and they just supply the police with new patrol vehicle.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 03, 2015
uchkochi:
Listen; Jonathan is the best candidate, I also endorse him. What is Osibanjo doing as a running mate with Buhari a muslim. It is a slap on God's face. The APC'S PLAN IS TO ISLAMISE NIGERIA AND GOD WON'T ALLOW IT. JONATHAN IS DOING WELL BUT HE HAS BAD PEOPLE AROUND HIM DISCREDITING HIS ACHIEVEMENTS. I AM HAPPY THE CHRISTIAN LEADERS ENDORSED JONATHAN.

AS FOR PRIVATE JETS, IT IS GOD'S DESIRE THAT ALL CHRISTIAN LEADERS HAVE ONE FOR THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY. THERE IS NO WAY TO EFFECTIVELY SPREAD THE GOSPEL WITHOUT OWNING ONE ESPECIALLY IF A MINISTRY ENTAILS FREQUENT TRAVELLING.

THOSE PEOPLE CANVASSING THAT PASTORS SHOULD NOT OWN JETS. JETS ARE LIKE INTERNATIONAL CARS. THE POOR WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED EVEN IF YOU FEED THEM EVERYDAY. TELLING A PASTOR TO SELL HIS JET AND GIVE HIS MONEY TO THE POOR IS LIKE TELLING YOU TO SELL YOUR CAR AND GIVE THE MONEY TO THE POOR AND START TREKKING. P. JET IS A NECESSITY NOT A LUXURY.

you are a foolish religious slave. when will you brainwashed mofos stop disgracing Nigerians on social media The constitution of this country recognizes every religion practiced in Nigeria. Nigeria is a secular state and not saudi arabia or Isreal. Why bring religion into this in the first place Jonathan and sambo went to the north and told them buhari is trying to Christanize the north for choosing a pastor that has over 5000 churches. He comes to the south and tell gullible folks like you that Buhari is trying to Islamise. You have a brain. Use it positively and stop displaying stupidity all over the forum. Religious card is what the PDP resulted to due to desperation but it keep making the opposition popular

3 Likes

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 03, 2015
Buhari w be disqualified. ........

cert. Scam. .........

then all his supporter's will cry. .....

GEJ TILL 2019
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by emeka2847: 8:04am On Feb 03, 2015
Trying to dodge.

feBUHARI 14 is the D-day

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 8:07am On Feb 03, 2015
sagr:
FG n GEJ felt dey r gaining more ground in their various hate campaigns so dey want to entend d elections so as to continue their hate n character assassination campaign..NIGERIANS are now smarter n aware. Sai buhari
Exactily! That is what they are doing
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 8:09am On Feb 03, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
PDP would rather the country break than lose to Buhari in a free & fair election. Virtually ALL their intelligence sources point to a HIGH probability of GEJ's loss at the coming polls. It really is a hard pill to swallow for this administration.
Gbam
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 8:12am On Feb 03, 2015
OLADD:

Talk is cheap. Many of Buari's supporters will not know what hit them by the time Jonathan is declared winner anytime the poll is held. Just continue to fool yourselves, even Buhari and Tinubu know they are fighting a loss batle.
Nothing but rigging
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:13am On Feb 03, 2015
clevvermind:
i support this motion. the election should be postponed. we don't want any violence to erupt in this country. we want peace.
What makes you feel the postponement will end violence? FYI when the election is postponed, campaign will automatically be postponed. This won't have any difference from what we are currently witnessing.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Keegan: 8:15am On Feb 03, 2015
kekakuz:
its the most practicable thing to do.
honesty we are not ready

Nonsense! You are not ready after four years preparation? People like you fail to perform your civic responsibility at the appropriate time now want postponements, abi?
For instance who will cater for people that left their places of livelihood because of the election, majority of whom are low income earning citizen? Are we really cursed? Are we sensible at all? An average Nigerian is ultra-selfish that lack consideration for his fellows. Its a pity that Nigerians are their own enemies.
Ordinary football tournaments organised by FIFA, UEFA are up to the last seconds on time. So what excuse do we have?
INEC not the FG should let the election runs as planned. It will be an eye opener to all that we are moving up, we shouldn't allow very few unpatriotic Nigerians to draw us back.
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by clevvermind(m): 8:19am On Feb 03, 2015
jamst:

Was it not jonathan boys in the creek that are threaten violence if their master didnt win,why? Pls! Answer ooo
if buhari lose, won't his thugs unleash violence in the North? what happened in 2011? it is those illiterate guys up North that need to be talked to. they are mostly the cause of post election violence. the FG have called those guys in the creek to order. let buhari call his people including bokoharam to order.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 8:21am On Feb 03, 2015
candy:
Coming 12 days to the election? When some of us already made travel plans regarding the 14th? So not fair!

That said, even if the election is postponed, nothing will change, not the people's mindset, not the winner! Except PDP is planning to perfect their rigging plans, import more weapons for the Asaris and wreck more havoc in case they lose.
it show you lack self confidence...infact,those of you planning to travel out do not deserve to be called a true nigerian.

Huh! I trust myself,nobody & nobody can threathen me,to make me abandon my fatherland...ko jooor
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Sunymoore(m): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2015
uchkochi:
Listen; Jonathan is the best candidate, I also endorse him. What is Osibanjo doing as a running mate with Buhari a muslim. It is a slap on God's face. The APC'S PLAN IS TO ISLAMISE NIGERIA AND GOD WON'T ALLOW IT. JONATHAN IS DOING WELL BUT HE HAS BAD PEOPLE AROUND HIM DISCREDITING HIS ACHIEVEMENTS. I AM HAPPY THE CHRISTIAN LEADERS ENDORSED JONATHAN.

AS FOR PRIVATE JETS, IT IS GOD'S DESIRE THAT ALL CHRISTIAN LEADERS HAVE ONE FOR THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY. THERE IS NO WAY TO EFFECTIVELY SPREAD THE GOSPEL WITHOUT OWNING ONE ESPECIALLY IF A MINISTRY ENTAILS FREQUENT TRAVELLING.

THOSE PEOPLE CANVASSING THAT PASTORS SHOULD NOT OWN JETS. JETS ARE LIKE INTERNATIONAL CARS. THE POOR WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED EVEN IF YOU FEED THEM EVERYDAY. TELLING A PASTOR TO SELL HIS JET AND GIVE HIS MONEY TO THE POOR IS LIKE TELLING YOU TO SELL YOUR CAR AND GIVE THE MONEY TO THE POOR AND START TREKKING. P. JET IS A NECESSITY NOT A LUXURY.
Shut the fuck_ up. Religious bigot
Religiotard
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by optimusprime2(m): 8:24am On Feb 03, 2015
Is INEC not supposed to be an independent body or autonomous entity regarding electoral matters?
how come the Federal government now has a determining say in INEC's role, like they are practically calling the shots for INEC??
Jega has already become a puppet, he can't speak for himself on this one.
#Riggingstrategyloading SMH...

2 Likes

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 03, 2015
I'm tired of all the campaigns;on tv,radio,social networks,etc. Pls let's get it over and done with! No postponing of elections,biko!

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by clevvermind(m): 8:27am On Feb 03, 2015
jamst:

Then,what is the purpose of having security & military force,are you telling me they are incompetent?
they just need more time. let's give it to them. let them be well prepared for the task ahead. they cannot give excuse at all.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by kay29000(m): 8:27am On Feb 03, 2015
They haven't been able to stop Boko Haram in 6 years, they now want to do it in 6 weeks? Jonathan should just confess that he knows he is going to be defeated if the elections hold on d 14th.

1 Like

Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 8:28am On Feb 03, 2015
clevvermind:
if buhari lose, won't his thugs unleash violence in the North? what happened in 2011? it is those illiterate guys up North that need to be talked to. they are mostly the cause of post election violence. the FG have called those guys in the creek to order. let buhari call his people including bokoharam to order.
I can see that you are as clueless as jonathan...who are the people that are trying to bomb buhari in his convoy? And mind you jonathan havent condemn his boys threat from the creek,why
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by jamst(m): 8:31am On Feb 03, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Why is APC afraid of a shift for the elections? because their candidate is fast loosing popularity. That is why you see things like #ihavedecided. The elections must be shifted and everyone will have time to do a proper assessment of the two presidential candidates and vote wisely. Moreso, thats what you get when you base your campaign on empty slogans like FeBuhari will it now be FeMarch. Yeye APC
It is because everybody is sick & tired of 'stealing is not corruption'

Get that into ur skull
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by zheroes(m): 8:32am On Feb 03, 2015
clevvermind:
many people have not yet collected their pvc and it seems adequate preparation have not been made to curb post election violence. we still need more time for preparation. some vampires need to be enlightened too.
what did INEC tell you? they are ready. infact this will be the beginning of the violence.
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 03, 2015
These xcuses don't hold water, can't afford to traverse 1 xtra day of kleptocracy/cluelessness! #CHANGE!
Re: Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes by BotherMleeper(m): 8:34am On Feb 03, 2015
kekakuz:
its the most practicable thing to do.
honesty we are not ready

If we're not ready in 4 years, we cant be ready in 6 weeks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Evil Cabal’ Dictating To Acting President – Fani-kayode Explodes / Hackers Tried To Change Osun Governorship Election Result - INEC / Peregrino Brimah: Why Jonathanians Desperately Want Osinbajo & El-rufai To Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.