Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe (55318 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa / 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Isiterere(m): 6:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Agreed but that Yoruba are dirty lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I just dey look you
...ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Jokay07(m): 6:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Agreed but that Yoruba are dirty lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
dirtiness is every tribe, including hausa and igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by steppin: 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
@Op,
Most of the things you listed are true na.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by okosodo: 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
They are dirty sha. Even God knows

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by lalasticlala(m): 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
It's a fact that Yoruba women are well endowed with big chests

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
jejemanito:
Yorubas naturally have high IQ

Really¿ undecided
I guess yall deserve an award for that.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Mathematical(f): 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2015

PROUDLY YORUBA.. tongue

16 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Jokay07(m): 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
Yea, talk of wisdom and being intelligent, just give it to the yorubas. It's in their blood.

15 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by lifestyle1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
I am a proud Yoruba boy with whiteman sense cool

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
Vibra:

Busted undecided undecided undecided angry angry angry
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Yoruba face front oo no mention igbo for this thread ooo angry

12 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
freeman191:

Source: [url]top10ng.com/top-10-misconceptions-yoruba-tribe/[/url]

Op forget it,lots of yoruba men i have seen in lagos are so lazy,waiting to devour on other pple's sweat,all in the name of TAX

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Mathematical(f): 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2015
Jokay07:
dirtiness is every tribe, including hausa and igbo.

fact.. .Almost every tribe is.. hausa's are more dirtier..

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2015
sauceny:

Really¿ undecided
I guess yall deserve an award for that.

Yh and you wanna give an award for being dirty and stingy right?
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by ajayiopy: 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2015
The last thing a Yoruba man will do is to depend on his wife for financial support. He will tell you that odu'a o febe

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by ammyluv2002(f): 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2015
Isiterere:

I just dey look you
...ALL IZZ WELL
Wetin I do? grin
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
It is no misconception that it is only the yoruba tribe among other tribes in nigeria that you will see defecating and releasing excreta in public. ÐεƔ are the major reason why the WHO declared nigeria as the country with the worst public shittting system in the world.

B0rn2fuck can bear me witness.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
Spot on OP! cheesy

* Yorubas are the most hard-working people I know.
* They make the most caring husband.
* They're dreamchasers.
* They're really smart and intelligent.
* Lastly, we run things in our contemporary international society.

Shout outs to other tribes too, y'all rock. cheesy
#TeamYoruba #IBNigga cool

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by ProfGday(m): 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
You went for an interview. A cockroach flew out of your suit and landed on the
nose of the managing director.
Its from your village!

dem wicked for una villa ooo.chai

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Jokay07(m): 6:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mathematical:

fact.. .Almost every tribe is.. hausa's are more dirtier..
Thank you my Sister!!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by kramer: 6:51pm On Feb 05, 2015
IceSplash:
most yoruba people i knw are dirty and loud

ammyluv2002:

Your fada yansh

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvkrefS9EPA[/flash]
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by gannod(m): 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
Jokay07:
dirtiness is every tribe, including hausa and igbo

come to aba and see dirt! I work in Ogbor hill area of aba,especially,agunwa,akpu and pepples road, those places are damn too dirty!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by UrsyBaby: 6:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
The marriage aspect may be correct on the part of the man. I know , and have witnessed some yoruba weddings. The woman's family does almost everything. That is why most times, they hold the wedding wherever the woman's parents reside. Other points are based on individuals.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Jokay07(m): 6:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
mobuch:

It is only the yoruba tribe among other tribes in nigeria that you will see defecating and releasing excreta in public. ÐεƔ are the major reason why the WHO declared nigeria as the country with the worst public shittting system in the world.

B0rn2fuck can bear me witness.
lolzz. They won't waste any chance to hurl insults on another chance, just giving them the credit. I suggest seun should start conducting age test for Landers

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
IceSplash:
most yoruba people i knw are dirty and loud
gbenu sohun ode oloorun

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
I so love my 2 Yoruba friends. They are intelligent, neat and not lousy...................I love my Yoruba friends sha.

Miztola if you are reading this just know that I love you eh. kiss kiss

Yetunde, although you are not a nairalander but I've never met anybody as neat and generous as you are.....chai and you be ijebu o grin God bless you anywhere you are. kiss kiss

BTW I don't think it has to do with where you come from but who you are.

17 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
BOWOTO:
you must be dirty for knowing dirty people.
grin
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Jokay07(m): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
gannod:

come to aba and see dirt! I work in Ogbor hill area of aba,especially,agunwa,akpu and pepples road, those places are damn too dirty!
I have been to ekwulobia and Oko before bt i dnt need to start commenting on that, the simple truth is that we Nigerians are dirty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Okworigeorge(m): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
kramer:

Your fada yansh

yorubas like insults tooo much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by philusaau(f): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
They are NOT misconceptions. They are all true. 100% true.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Performs Ritual Rites Before Entering Ado-Ekiti (Photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos / 25 Most Popular Igbo Masquerades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.