Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe (55326 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa / 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by eluquenson(m): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
Am proud to be a Yoruba man, Ijebu to be precise.... grin

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
ajayiopy:
The last thing a Yoruba man will do is to depend on his wife for financial support. He will tell you that odu'a o febe
a da fun e jare

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
Yoruba people are loud no doubt! why is that when they are talking to you, they always come close to your face lipsrsealed

About the dirty part. let's not generalize.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
Yorubas can beg

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by olaideeeedris(m): 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
IceSplash:
most yoruba people i knw are dirty and loud
It's a shame I don't knw d tribe u represent. Kindly and Confidently tell all nairalanders where u are from
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by An2elect2(f): 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mathematical:

fact.. .Almost every tribe is.. hausa's are more dirtier..

more dirtier

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by freezyprinzy(m): 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
d fucck z wrong wit u guys how can u say yorubas are dirty u cn say most bt not all...its a personal stuff not lyk a tribe thingy if una say yoruba dirty make una cn c my abokis dem

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by paulavon: 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
It is a misconception that the Yorubas are the most intelligent in the country,there are more intelligent people in Edo and Delta.

There is no denying the fact that most yorubas are cowards and very timid. They do not feel safe outside south-west.

It is a misconception also that they are very respectful,they mainly show respect to their folks and people they know.You cannot see a yoruba person lieing down to greet an elder from another tribe.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by martineverest(m): 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
Yoruba re dirty,dey are not brave,dey no dey shame to beg and cant cook......i dont like generalising,but my xperience with yoruba ppl during nysc service(ibadan) and at school(uniben) just made me conlude on dose.
However,yoruba ppl are polite,united, cooperative and least sentimental in national issue....ibadan women re beautiful(black beauty) and curvy
the positive side of yoruba ppl are actually d negative side of my tribe (edo).edo re generally rude and proud espescially benin

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
Pls which tribe is this woman from?

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by passionate88: 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
Yoruba People from Ijebu are Stingy
Even Yoruba people from another part also accuse the ijebu tribe that they are stingy people. If u want to insult someone that he is stingy, you will say he is an ijebu person, I feel this has nothing to do with an ijebu person, and it’s a big misconception that has followed every ijebu person.
So true... Jesus!.. There's this guy that lived with me, what that guy did to me eh

Yoruba are dirty
Once again personal hygiene is on an individual basis, and his or her background, the personal hygiene of some people should not affect all. Meeting an average ondo person will make you drop this misconception fast.
That guy turned my room up side down when I travelled out

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by An2elect2(f): 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
Yoruba face front oo no mention igbo for this thread ooo angry

hehehe

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by ElectronByte(m): 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
You want make we start to dey expose the aje-okuta-ma-mu-omi

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by iconize(m): 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
Why do Nigerians refer to ethnic groups as tribes?
Imagine, an ethnic group of about 20m peeps being called a tribe. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
olaideeeedris:
It's a shame I don't knw d tribe u represent. Kindly and Confidently tell all nairalanders where u are from
so that u can insult his tribe
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
phinerd:
Yorubas can beg
who doesn't?as if you have never begged in your life,you have it all,dangote's daughter. Oponu ode

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by jdbrasco(m): 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
[b][/b]I dnt really care abt those "misconceptions" , my problem is that u can't trust a yoruba fellow especially if u r not yoruba. I must say dat I admire yorubas nd Igbos wen it comes to academics. From my experience thou
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by uboma(m): 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
IceSplash:

Being dirty and loud cuts across all tribes in Nigeria. It has nothing to do with a particular tribe...

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
IceSplash:

You must be a dirty person too and live in the same dirty neighbourhood with the Yorubas

Those Igbos, Ijaws and others living in AJ city are what? Clean I presume....

Those Igbos, Ijaws living in Apo, Mpape and Yanya/Karu village in Abuja are what? Clean Abiiii. ..... Olodo

I presume you are deaf cos if you are not, you ll know which tribe is loud in Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by watchman111: 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nneka123:
Yoruba people are loud no doubt! why is that when they are talking to you, they always come close to your face lipsrsealed

About the dirty part. let's not generalize.
hahahahahahahahqahhahaahahahqhqhqhahqhahahqhhqhqhq....shey dey want you to perceive the aroma of their mouth.. hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
One thing I knw of yoruba ladies is that they have big n curvy waist, jst like ghanain ladies.....heard that their mothers always start very early to mould their waist, my gal frnd is yoruba and d figure 8 in her waist alone na die!

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by joxxy01(m): 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
and dem sabi mess
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
iconize:
Why do Nigerians refer to ethnic groups as tribes?
Imagine, an ethnic group of about 20m peeps being called a tribe. undecided
hehehe u mean people are not up to 20million ? Insult !!!
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
Some of these things here are not true, am an igbo girl and the Yoruba guy am dating now is very very neat. so you can't justify.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tdayof(m): 7:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
Amefrica:
Spot on OP! cheesy

* Yorubas are the most hard-working people I know.
* They make the most caring husband.
* They're dreamchasers.
* Lastly, we run things in our contemporary international society.

Shout outs to other tribes too, y'all rock. cheesy
#TeamYoruba #IBNigga cool
omō kàà roh ojire

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
Lemon12:
Yea it is true, we yoruba people are dirty
omo ale yoruba,if at all you are one of us

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
watchman111:
hahahahahahahahqahhahaahahahqhqhqhahqhahahqhhqhqhq....shey dey want you to perceive the aroma of their mouth.. hahahaha
maybe grin
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
Thanks
quote author=notoriousbabe post=30459373]who doesn't?as if you have never begged in your life,you have it all,dangote's daughter. Oponu ode[/quote]
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
Lol and they sabi postrate like ....

8 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Henrypraise: 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Agreed but that Yoruba are dirty lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Yorubas ar very dirty, y boss farts/ belch wit reckless abandon even wit all his money, n sumtyms wen he cums back from break he has fud particle hanging in his teeth.

No one gonna take dat away from dem, its part of dia culture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
joxxy01:
and dem sabi mess
you no dey mess abi?ode buruku
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
Amefrica:
Spot on OP! cheesy

* Yorubas are the most hard-working people I know.
* They make the most caring husband.
* They're dreamchasers.
* Lastly, we run things in our contemporary international society.

Shout outs to other tribes too, y'all rock. cheesy
#TeamYoruba #IBNigga cool
tah! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Performs Ritual Rites Before Entering Ado-Ekiti (Photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos / 25 Most Popular Igbo Masquerades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.