Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe (55332 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa / 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by MichaelAustin(m): 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
tdayof:
am telling you once again
When you get to YABA kindly turn left
wetin i dey com fine for yaba? i HATE lagos. if u must know, i live in Abuja
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by MichaelAustin(m): 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
Amefrica:

I don't know what you are talking about. Your post is really offensive!
bros pls dnt be offended but dat is d truth
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
MichaelAustin:

Ok.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by MichaelAustin(m): 8:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
Amefrica:

I don't know what you are talking about. Your post is really offensive!
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by MichaelAustin(m): 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
shindarayo:
no mata he rich an igbo man he wld still turn his compound to a fufu makn factory,or ugwu farm.una localness is hereditary
any body who oppose yoruba is igbo, am not igbo am a niger deltan
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by MichaelAustin(m): 8:28pm On Feb 06, 2015
shindarayo:
so u kall ur tribe yam head and fat lips handsome? Smh for u
na yoruba get yam head o, long,ugly,black heads. Kunle's head is a good example
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Jokay07(m): 8:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
Fulaman198:

Sanitary behaviour is in every group of people worldwide. It has nothing to do with one's ethnic makeup.
same with dirtiness
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tonychristopher: 10:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
itstpia8:

well, you can concur since you emerged from one somehow.

Are you frigid or rigid

Just choose one

Son
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tonychristopher: 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
paulavon:
It is a misconception that the Yorubas are the most intelligent in the country,there are more intelligent people in Edo and Delta.

There is no denying the fact that most yorubas are cowards and very timid. They do not feel safe outside south-west.

It is a misconception also that they are very respectful,they mainly show respect to their folks and people they know.You cannot see a yoruba person lieing down to greet an elder from another tribe.

Anytime I feel like laughing I just visit this thread

So hilarious
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tonychristopher: 10:44pm On Feb 06, 2015
martineverest:
Yoruba re dirty,dey are not brave,dey no dey shame to beg and cant cook......i dont like generalising,but my xperience with yoruba ppl during nysc service(ibadan) and at school(uniben) just made me conlude on dose.
However,yoruba ppl are polite,united, cooperative and least sentimental in national issue....ibadan women re beautiful(black beauty) and curvy
the positive side of yoruba ppl are actually d negative side of my tribe (edo).edo re generally rude and proud espescially benin

But I thought Yoruba said that they are same with Edo

Is that à misconception also or a fact

You are an Edo boy pls clarify this notion been peddled around
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by itstpia8: 11:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
tonychristopher:

Are you frigid or rigid

Just choose one

my mama
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tonychristopher: 7:47am On Feb 07, 2015
[quote author=itstpia8 post=30497768][/quote]

You no get yarn ewu
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by martineverest(m): 8:22am On Feb 07, 2015
Dey re never desame,xcept the oba who is from yoruba lineage
tonychristopher:

But I thought Yoruba said that they are same with Edo

Is that à misconception also or a fact

You are an Edo boy pls clarify this notion been peddled around
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tonychristopher: 11:03am On Feb 07, 2015
martineverest:
Dey re never desame,xcept the oba who is from yoruba lineage

No oba is from Benin linage . The oba of Lagos is from Benin linage of warriors . Benin colonized Lagos that I know and its a historical fact

Thanks for the clarifications

I wonder why Yoruba always claim Benin people
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 07, 2015
grin grin grin grin

Hilarious thread indeed.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by itstpia8: 3:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

I no get yarn and I am ewu

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2015
I am not my dear smiley
notoriousbabe:
thank God you agreed dat you are one tongue
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2015
phinerd:
I am not my dear smiley
stop dearing me,I am not your dear my dear tongue
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
You are really notorious grin
notoriousbabe:
stop dearing me,I am not your dear my dear tongue
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2015
phinerd:
You are really notorious grin
gbam
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by yollychika(f): 4:34pm On Feb 07, 2015
Eyyaaaahh , she'z hurt....lol tongue
shindarayo:
tank you.its ou r hobby. At least we re good at dt.tell m wat ure good at other than selling akpu.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2015
Bawo ni,se dada ni?
notoriousbabe:
gbam
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
phinerd:
Bawo ni,se dada ni?
wot?I only understand english,german,french and chinese languages,because I live in madrid the capital of london
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
How are you and I hope you are good?
notoriousbabe:
wot?I only understand english,german,french and chinese languages
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2015
phinerd:
How are you and I hope you are good?
I'm not o,not until seun lifts up the yeye ban on iya ngbali
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2015
grin
notoriousbabe:
I'm not o,not until seun lifts up the yeye ban on iya ngbali
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 4:52pm On Feb 07, 2015
phinerd:
grin
see your mouth,to slap you just dey hungry me tongue
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
You are funny grin
notoriousbabe:
see your mouth,to slap you just dey hungry me tongue
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
phinerd:
You are funny grin
help me talk to your boy friend seun to unban iya ngbali. I learnt the bobo dey die for you grin
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 07, 2015
No let am ban you again
notoriousbabe:
help me talk to your boy friend seun to unban iya ngbali. I learnt the bobo dey die for you grin
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
phinerd:
No let am ban you again
make him try am now,I have about 10 monickers now waiting to be unleashed,yahoo mail no be free?abeg fashi dat one jare
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by MichaelAustin(m): 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
yorubas are polygamous in nature. Their men are never satisfied with one wive and their never mind being second,third or fourth wive

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Performs Ritual Rites Before Entering Ado-Ekiti (Photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos / 25 Most Popular Igbo Masquerades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.