Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,178 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe (55333 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa / 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by rajsuresh(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2015
freeman191:

Source: [url]top10ng.com/top-10-misconceptions-yoruba-tribe/[/url]

What about...Yoruba People Gossip Alot?
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Unclerukus: 10:09am On Feb 06, 2015
Yoruba women are indeed promiscious. They just so love extra-marital affairs.....and some love dirt too.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by chysam: 10:27am On Feb 06, 2015
Yoruba people don't flush their toilets.They leave shit for as many days as possible and they are just ok with it.It doesn't irritate them.it doesn't smell to them.Their women shit right inside their shops,most shit inside nylon bags and keep it like it is a useful parcel.The Ondo people you mentioned don't even behave like the yorubas,I have beento almost all the local governments there.They have a life style quite different from the typical yorubas in Oyo,Osun or Ogun. Even their food is quite different.You spend all your life in most areas without seeing Amala.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2015
mobuch:

We already own the supposed yourba land; we own 70percent of all lands and houses in lagos and the west; we have also purchased even your ancestral lands where your ancestors were buried, infact on my site in ajah, I delibrately constructed my soakaway pit on the grave of the father of the yoruba man whom I bought the land from, that is where all my shiitts and that of my tenants will go to. We now own the west and lagos, so I suggest u and your yoruba folks should leave western nigeria and lagos, and maybe relocate to south sudan, cos we are the new lords of the western nigeria and lagos.
hahhahahahaha kai
Laff don scatter my belle for hia o
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tonychristopher: 11:19am On Feb 06, 2015
sidecheek:
First off, I'm sure it mostly the igbos that'd be spewing this¿but back to te matter¿
*Yoruba Men Love Women: and So¿ so they should be loving men? The only major thing I know tat stops the igbos from marrying plenty wives is Religion¿ scratch that and you'd see those 'aki oyibo' heads with 'oke' looking bodies¿
*Yoruba Women are promiscuous: biko bia! Jut because when asked you'd say, "M di m n'ụlọ" does not make an igbo woman any better. Na for dat place dem dey comot go meet Chijoke for eem shop, shop natural akpu before going home.¿ Promiscuity is in the mind and I don't see why it should be made into a label.¿ If I'm promiscuous, even if I from aba-ngwa come dey live for seminary, bishops go hear wen!
*Yoruba People from Ijebu are Stingy: this has been a saying for a while, I have never experienced it¿ Ijebu is wide though, in this context.¿ But, niggas from odogbolu and ososa dem get gum for hand¿ Just like dem owerri brothers and ikot-ekpene sisters¿
*Yoruba Person marry more than one wife: nedu just married His third wive last week and he keeps claiming that he is a true Owerri man! Maybe una argument go be say cos eem don dey live away from him town¿ As for Hassan, it's more of tradition and they'd rather marry more than sneak around with a mistresses.¿ Dey r bad market!
*Yoruba are dirty: it ad better not be coming from a hair-infested chin and cet of A muscled enugu girl.¿ If that isn't dirty on its own then I don't know what is¿ Yoruba like to impress and show off.¿ Dirty and show-off doesn't come together in a sentence¿
*Yoruba men are lazy and depend on their wife : this part I agree with.¿ Most are a bunc of lazy niggas with egos d size of killomajaro and pockets lighter than feather¿ Na so dem go siddon for house dey command for food when dem no put eem money down! Lazy faggits¿
*Yoruba Men are drunkards: dem no well¿ Wey be say una dey collect beer for bride price join and correct palmie, ddey say sumone b drunkard¿ Taaaaa! We're nwayo there!! Before I vex finish! grin
*Yoruba Men are not bold: they are few of them that are and it's dependent on their persons¿ Being lousy isn't boldness¿ Na me dey hia mentality is.¿ Just razz and plain old annoying¿ Dem kachis dem sabi do that ting wella¿
*Bride Price in Yoruba is the Cheapest: na Goat una wan sell or fish? Shuo!! No be d reason why una dey born 9 children's dey give half education to end up as apprentice for Tochie for lagos? Because d money for marry don build house, na¡¿ To elope get belle sure pass na or...do the other ones na. grin
*Yoruba People are too fetish: says dem nollywood blockbusters with ogwu-egwus.¿ Yeye

Why is it that Yoruba try to measure up with Igbo

The thread is not about comparative analysis it is just about how people the whole Nigeria view Yoruba tribe not only Igbo

Hmmm Igbo go hive people heart attack

But I think those misconception are true ..many not all

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
paulavon:

if you match a first class graduate from the west and that of the south-south that is when you know real intelligence.

Being a coward has nothing to do with fight,nobody is asking the yorubas to fight for them. A typical yoruba from Lagos or Ibadan,when he travels to a place like warri or port-harcourt,you see him being so uncomfortable,always suspecting everyone and looking above his shoulders.He only feel safe when he is around fellow yorubas.

Respect does not have to be selective,if you have it in you,it should flow.

Another misconception is that they are accomodating,that is not true.most landlords in lagos do not rent houses to non-yorubas.My friend and I had the same experience.Also Most of the people don't want to gist with you,they are even angry with you for not been able to speak their language.They assume everyone should be able to speak it.

Well...I don't really think you know what you are talking about. Comparing a first class student from south south... Don't just go there. I was a teacher and home lesson teacher in port harcourt. I knew the educational performance of average students from that area. I"m talking from experience. Virtually all the big expensive private schools prefer employing yoruba teachers. Why because in the south south, educated Yorubas are generally assessed as brilliant.
When I just came to south south, I use to respect everyone as a yoruba man. I stopped the act immediately I realized that respect is not in the dictionary if these people and before they start taking me for a mumu. So I don't respect you if you don't know what it means.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
BOWOTO:
well she should get a career and stop looking for who to call dirty.
This one's beta.
As for me, I think cleanliness or dirtiness is an individual thing not abt ethnicity..
••My 2cents
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by MichaelAustin(m): 1:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
Amefrica:

Unless you upload your picture on your dp, in the meantime shut up your face!
seriously, d ugliest tribe in nigeria is yoruba
you know it na
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 06, 2015
MichaelAustin:

you know it na

I don't know what you are talking about. Your post is really offensive!
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by MichaelAustin(m): 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2015
Neplusultra:
Hahahahahahaa! Wuna no go kill person for dis NL, which one be curtain again?! Laff wan tear my belle here grin grin cheesy
the dirtiest curtain in the yard is a yoruba man's house
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by MZdamola(f): 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
Defcon1:

lf you don't love your tribe who will?
You will tongue
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Neplusultra(f): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
MichaelAustin:

Hahahahahahahaa! Bros u don come again o grin
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Neplusultra(f): 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
tonychristopher:

All join provided that the vulva is attractive
Hehehe! I hear u cheesy grin
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Neplusultra(f): 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
peeJ1:

dirtiness seems to be yoruba culture
Lmao!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by yollychika(f): 4:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
Yoruba gehs too dey gossip undecided
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by horlarkunle: 4:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
IceSplash:
most yoruba people i knw are dirty and loud
then you can never know good thing again in your life...oh, sorry did i just prayed...?( who is your father and your mother, idiot.)

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tdayof(m): 4:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
MichaelAustin:

you know it na
am telling you once again
When you get to YABA kindly turn left

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tpiah99: 6:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
tonychristopher:

All join provided that the vulva is attractive

Bro, upgrade your mindset, its too local
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tpiah99: 6:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
ZionJay:

Your low IQ wont let you understand wink

More like your low IQ is on display.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tpiah99: 6:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
Neplusultra:
Typical of Igbo/yoruba thread :DD way pple are emphasising on dis dirtiness tin sef, I don laff tire! grin grin

Nazi things.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
MsNas:

It takes a bastard to know another... Just saying
Smh. You're very dumb...
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Neplusultra(f): 6:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
tpiah99:

Nazi things.
Serzly
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by shindarayo(f): 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
yollychika:
Yoruba gehs too dey gossip undecided
tank you.its ou r hobby. At least we re good at dt.tell m wat ure good at other than selling akpu.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by shindarayo(f): 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2015
MichaelAustin:

you know it na
so u kall ur tribe yam head and fat lips handsome? Smh for u

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by shindarayo(f): 6:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
MichaelAustin:

no mata he rich an igbo man he wld still turn his compound to a fufu makn factory,or ugwu farm.una localness is hereditary

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by shindarayo(f): 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
tonychristopher:

Why is it that Yoruba try to measure up with Igbo

The thread is not about comparative analysis it is just about how people the whole Nigeria view Yoruba tribe not only Igbo

Hmmm Igbo go hive people heart attack

But I think those misconception are true ..many not all
kip deceiving ur selves
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by peeJ1: 7:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
Neplusultra:
Lmao!

i no fit laugh
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tonychristopher: 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
shindarayo:
kip deceiving ur selves

Lol
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tonychristopher: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
shindarayo:
tank you.its ou r hobby. At least we re good at dt.tell m wat ure good at other than selling akpu.

But Linda ikeji is making millions gossiping ..she seems to be a Yoruba girl ..lol

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tonychristopher: 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
tpiah99:

Bro, upgrade your mindset, its too local

Thanks son

What is local about heading Toto.. she said it I concur
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by itstpia8: 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
tonychristopher:

Thanks my mama

What is local about heading Toto.. she said it I concur

well, you can concur since you emerged from one somehow.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Fulaman198(m): 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
Jokay07:
dirtiness is every tribe, including hausa and igbo

Sanitary behaviour is in every group of people worldwide. It has nothing to do with one's ethnic makeup.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Performs Ritual Rites Before Entering Ado-Ekiti (Photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos / 25 Most Popular Igbo Masquerades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.