Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. (48022 Views)

Winter Storm Jonas: 2016 United States Blizzard In Photos. / Why I Hate Winter. / Winter/Summer: Most Beautiful Towns, Villages, And Landscapes In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by zeezahbee(f): 6:05am On Feb 12, 2015
Amefrica:

Haha I sight you too cheesy Omoh! Na una dey enjoy oo, snow falls here like everyday grin embarassed cry
I hate snow chaiii.I was in chicago for few weeks. omo na die o but it wont stop me from relocating to canada na cheesy. i dey eye that place baje baje

2 Likes

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 12, 2015
Sile12:

I no no o bro, may be she gat a lot to do, like shes busy.grin
Probably
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 12, 2015
zeezahbee:
I hate snow chaiii.I was in chicago for few weeks. omo na die o but it wont stop me from relocating to canada na cheesy. i dey eye that place baje baje

Lol snow is beautiful cheesy But the cold is ugly. Why do you love Canada that much? I dey even reason to try come US for summer. cheesy
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Doortun(m): 9:38am On Feb 12, 2015
It is mild here in the Greater Toronto Area at the moment. The last winter was nasty. The city was in a standstill as there was power outage and cars were enveloped in thick ice block. We had to use hot water and chisel to reach for the door knobs then force the door open. Ater 1 hour of ice welding only 2 front doors were accessible.

You need to witness freezing rain bro. You will thank God for the weather in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 12, 2015
Doortun:
It is mild here in the Greater Toronto Area at the moment. The last winter was nasty. The city was in a standstill as there was power outage and cars were enveloped in thick ice block. We had to use hot water and chisel to reach for the door knobs then force the door open. Ater 1 hour of ice welding only 2 front doors were accessible.

You need to witness freezing rain bro. You will thank God for the weather in Nigeria.

Like thats a frozen camry in that second picture

Na snow for Amefrica side, ur side na ice...Hmmmmm, God will give us the strength to adapt sa. Because by God's grace and favor, we're hoping to feel it too someday....

1 Like

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2015
Doortun:

Haha mehn, I'm telling you. That freezing rain is bad, it rained in -25 degrees last month, mehhn, you need to see everywhere full with ice. I fell twice while going to class and once while coming back.

Everywhere turned to ice, doorknobs, cars, etc

1 Like

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
I love winter season
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
phinerd:
I love winter season

Haha I bet you'll hate Canada's own. grin
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by bayocanny: 11:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
@amefrica, I read something about PEI I learnt that there are beaches there is true? And if it is true have u been to the beach before? If yes abeg upload beach pix now cus I'm also planning to study in PEI i like the province though people say it scanty lol
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 12, 2015
i have seen worse sights grin but I still love winter
Amefrica:

Haha I bet you'll hate Canada's own. grin
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
phinerd:
i have seen worse sights grin but I still love winter

Worse sights? Haha. Except you're in Russia or Antarctica. Nice pic you have got there tho. cheesy
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
bayocanny:
@amefrica, I read something about PEI I learnt that there are beaches there is true? And if it is true have u been to the beach before? If yes abeg upload beach pix now cus I'm also planning to study in PEI i like the province though people say it scanty lol

Yea sure, there are beaches here. I really don't have none of the pics on my phone now, they were on the one I sent back to Nigeria.

...and no one goes to the beach during winter haha grin Unless earth don tire you, all the water/beach don freeze up mahn. Na until summer before we start to dey go beach.

1 Like

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Doortun(m): 12:16am On Feb 13, 2015
Amefrica:

Yea sure, there are beaches here. I really don't have none of the pics on my phone now, they were on the one I sent back to Nigeria.
...and no one goes to the beach during winter haha grin Unless earth don tire you, all the water/beach don freeze up mahn. Na until summer before we start to dey go beach.

You funny, even if life tire person, suicide takes real courage, I bet your liver go drop with fear if you see everything white and frozen.

Canada's winter cannot be compared with the one you experience in US or UK winter. At times some parts of Canada get colder than the north pole.

Winter is nice if you are in comfy mode. You drive, you have steady job and not shift duties, but hustling new comer fresh from the boat won't find it easy at all.

1 Like

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 13, 2015
Doortun:

You funny, even if life tire person, suicide takes real courage, I bet your liver go drop with fear if you see everything white and frozen.

Canada's winter cannot be compared with the one you experience in US or UK winter. At times some parts of Canada get colder than the north pole.

Winter is nice if you are in comfy mode. You drive, you have steady job and not shift duties, but hustling new comer fresh from the boat won't find it easy at all.

Haha I'm telling you bro. You can only compare Russia and Antarctica with Canada's winter. Others na sibling to Canada grin

I was talking to a girl friend in UK, and she said it was really cold, I asked how cold and she said 10 degrees, and it was -31 here.. I was like really? angry Are you f''cking kidding me? I haven't experienced that in 6 months lol.
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by bayocanny: 10:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
Amefrica:

Good that's nice then we can't wait for the summer pics too, I also look up to your school website one day and I saw a notice there that school will not be open that day untill further notice blah blah, bro I was really shocked o cus the first thing that came to my mind was that whether your school wan go strike lol( 9aija mentality) until I saw it beneath the notice board that it was due to the bad weather, hope u copping with it sha
One more thing bro, abeg don't stop this thread o continue updating us with nice nice pix and some coded info
But I don't want this topic to make front page cus bad belle people go spoil am for front page, NL is full of kids these days let us jejely docked for back page and keep updating ourselves here jare

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
bayocanny:

Good that's nice then we can't wait for the summer pics too, I also look up to your school website one day and I saw a notice there that school will not be open that day untill further notice blah blah, bro I was really shocked o cus the first thing that came to my mind was that whether your school wan go strike lol( 9aija mentality) until I saw it beneath the notice board that it was due to the bad weather, hope u copping with it sha
One more thing bro, abeg don't stop this thread o continue updating us with nice nice pix and some coded info
But I don't want this topic to make front page cus bad belle people go spoil am for front page, NL is full of kids these days let us jejely docked for back page and keep updating ourselves here jare

Haha lmao. grin You're so right lol about the front page thingy haha, make we dey chill for here then grin

Yea, school was closed for more than 2 weeks in total because of snowstorms and blizzard/extreme cold embarassed We dey cope anyway sha, no choice grin

I sure will be updating the thread with pictures haha, thanks man. ...one love cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 13, 2015
This was taken on campus today...

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 13, 2015

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 13, 2015
grin grin Epic!

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
Beauty! kiss

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 14, 2015
Amefrica:
My roommates trying to dig my other roommate's car outta the snow.
Damn! That's a whole lotta snow.
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 14, 2015
CFCfan:

Damn! That's a whole lotta snow.

I'm telling you man, it's just that bad here. embarassed D'you wanna switch?
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 14, 2015
Amefrica:

I'm telling you man, it's just that bad here. embarassed D'you wanna switch?
Pele
I'll think about moving cheesy

1 Like

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by dechandel(f): 9:43am On Feb 14, 2015
Amefrica:

Haha I'm telling you bro. You can only compare Russia and Antarctica with Canada's winter. Others na sibling to Canada grin

I was talking to a girl friend in UK, and she said it was really cold, I asked how cold and she said 10 degrees, and it was -31 here.. I was like really? angry Are you f''cking kidding me? I haven't experienced that in 6 months lol.
It was 8degrees cold in Manchester yesterday angry
And my hands were frozen grin
And then it started raining.. Me think the weather here is useless grin

Atleast you get snow strike day in canada and miss school.. I want that here too grin grin
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
CFCfan:

Pele
I'll think about moving cheesy

Lol cool cool grin
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
dechandel:
It was 8degrees cold in Manchester yesterday angry
And my hands were frozen grin
And then it started raining.. Me think the weather here is useless grin

Atleast you get snow strike day in canada and miss school.. I want that here too grin grin

Omg! Your hands froze in 8 degrees weather? lipsrsealed the last time we saw the figure 8 and other positive figures here, was in maths class. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by gnykelly(m): 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2015
Amefrica:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

amefrica that snow is damb crazy do you mean someone lives inside that damn house. how do you cope if you are late on electricity.

1 Like

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2015
gnykelly:

amefrica that snow is damb crazy do you mean someone lives inside that damn house. how do you cope if you are late on electricity.

Lol. People do oo, where dem wan go now? Just last week, some houses were buried in snow, like seriously, we're living in an illegal living condition here 'cause of the cold grin We should sue the government of Canada. They should find something to do to their climate lol just kidding..

They don't cut light here lol, if you're late on payment it will be added to the next month's. Tho, sometimes there could be power outage for some minutes because of snow and ice, but not until it's REALLY bad.

1 Like

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by gnykelly(m): 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2015
Amefrica:

Lol. People do oo, where dem wan go now? Just last week, some houses were buried in snow, like seriously, we're living in an illegal living condition here 'cause of the cold grin We should sue the government of Canada. They should find something to do to their climate lol just kidding..

They don't cut light here lol, if you're late on payment it will be added to the next month's. Tho, sometimes there could be power outage for some minutes because of snow and ice, but not until it's REALLY bad.

how come Canada is being rated one of the best place to live

1 Like

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
gnykelly:

how come Canada is being rated one of the best place to live

Lol. It definitely is, the standard of living is really high, and they're really friendly here grin The cold is the only problem we have grin

1 Like

Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by bayocanny: 5:23pm On Feb 14, 2015
Amefrica:

Haha lmao. grin You're so right lol about the front page thingy haha, make we dey chill for here then grin

Yea, school was closed for more than 2 weeks in total because of snowstorms and blizzard/extreme cold embarassed We dey cope anyway sha, no choice grin

I sure will be updating the thread with pictures haha, thanks man. ...one love cheesy
Nice one bro **thumb up**
But wait oo u mean u dey use snow drink garri and milk, I use to think that's snow is a powdery substance lol
Re: Collection Of Winter Photos In My City. by bayocanny: 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2015
Amefrica:
This was taken on campus today...
Woow, is that not robertson library?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Presidential Aircraft Crashes In Makurdi After One Month With Air Force [PHOTO] / Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? / My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.