Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Divorced, Please Help! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Divorced, Please Help! (922 Views)

Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage / A Man Who Just Got Divorced Wrote This Epic Marriage Advice. / Why My Wife Divorced Me – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorced, Please Help! by ghanaqueen: 9:45am On Jan 01, 2009
Hi All, I'm a young woman, 28 yrs old, and my husband and I recently got a divorce. It's a long story and as much my fault as his. Do you think I have a chance at finding true love again? Will any African man be interested in me as a divorced woman? I'm feeling really upset about this. I never thought I'd be in this situation, let alone at only 28 yrs old. I consider myself a generally good woman who made bad decisions based on bad circumstances. Can anyone give me some advice.
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by SeaGoddes(f): 9:53am On Jan 01, 2009
yes, dnt lose hope good things still happen to bad ppl or ppl who made bad decision

just put ur div. behind u and keep ur head up high, a nice fellow may come by someday

cross ur fingers, it's a new year with new beginnings
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by arramyjay: 11:27am On Jan 01, 2009
Yes they will be.It is nt a new thing.i suggest join a support group to get encouragement.
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by Encomium(m): 2:11pm On Jan 01, 2009
You will surely remarry, no matter the case issue on ground, simply put the past behind you as there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel. Wishing you the best of luck in all your endeavours.
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by IGWEUSA(m): 3:55pm On Jan 01, 2009
Can't you guys work towards reconcillation !
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2009
Why do you think anyone will not be interested in you because you are divorced? I know many, many, many divorced women who have remarried. You are are 28 that is so young. I won't even bother thinking about marriage now if I were you.
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by LIMUEL(m): 4:41pm On Jan 01, 2009
You have to move on and learn from your mistakes.
Everything is possible
You can get him back if you want to
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by liftedone(f): 5:03pm On Jan 01, 2009
Being divorced, as I tell people, is not a criminal offence.Unfortunately, there's a lot of ignorance out there about divorce.

I would advice you to focus on rebuilding your life without your ex. I would not carry on with the mindset of reconciliation cos it may never happen. Better to dust yourself up and move on with your life. Moreover, you don't want this to happen a second time, so prayerfully consider your next life partner.( And yes, you will remarry; why shouldn't you)
What I know is that partners in a relationship must be equally committed to avoid a scenario when one wants to take the easy road out in the face of conflict by seeking a divorce. There should not be a walk out clause in a marital relationship. God did not intend it to be so. But sadly, it still happens even among Christians.

Do not rush into a new relationship on the rebound. Take it easy. Be kind to yourself. Someone said good things happen to the worst of us. I would add that bad things also happen to the best of us. It's a fallen world. Just always give it your best shot at all times. Stay strong in the faith.
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by Tbag5: 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2009
liftedone:

[b]Being divorced, as I tell people, is not a criminal offence.[/b]Unfortunately, there's a lot of ignorance out there about divorce.

I would advice you to focus on rebuilding your life without your ex. I would not carry on with the mindset of reconciliation because it may never happen. Better to dust yourself up and move on with your life. Moreover, you don't want this to happen a second time, so prayerfully consider your next life partner.( And yes, you will remarry; why shouldn't you)
What I know is that partners in a relationship must be equally committed to avoid a scenario when one wants to take the easy road out in the face of conflict by seeking a divorce. There should not be a walk out clause in a marital relationship. God did not intend it to be so. But sadly, it still happens even among Christians.

Do not rush into a new relationship on the rebound. Take it easy. Be kind to yourself. Someone said good things happen to the worst of us. I would add that bad things also happen to the best of us. It's a fallen world. Just always give it your best shot at all times. Stay strong in the faith.

Yes. . .it's not a criminal offence, but we need to acknowledge the fact that people of such status suffers stigmatization back at home.

@ Poster
To answer you question head on. . . .Yes you can have a true love and an African again.
If a 40 year old, mother of four can have love after divorce,. . .then there is no reason you shouldnt.

Just make sure your head is tightly screwed to your neck when you find one and think about what went wrong the first time to make adjustment to the opportunity that will definately come your way again
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by liftedone(f): 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2009
That stigma is based on ignorance and women are more at the receiving end than men. But there's more acceptance 'back at home', as you put it, than before as divorce cases are rising sadly.

Stigma or not, there's life after divorce and I would say she should get on with her life. And I reiterate, it's not a criminal offence.
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by IGWEUSA(m): 6:04pm On Jan 01, 2009
From T_bag
If a 40 year old, mother of four can have love after divorce,. . .then there is no reason you shouldnt.

@ T_bag
Do you mean a Love affair or Marriage?
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by ghanaqueen: 6:21pm On Jan 01, 2009
Thanks All for your words of encouragement!! We are no longer at a point of reconciliation. We've been trying for the past year. My Ex and I are both Christians and we knew each other for 8 years before getting married. We thought we knew what we were getting into. We even counciled for 3 months before marriage!! In the end, I guess we didn't really understand the magnitude of marriage. I feel like I've learned alot since we separated. Marriage definitely requires a lot mental stregnth. Looking back, we were too young (I was 22 just out of college) to know what we even really wanted for our lives.
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by Busybody2(f): 6:30pm On Jan 01, 2009
May God grant you solace and respite for your soul smiley
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by Tbag5: 10:19pm On Jan 01, 2009
Busy_body:

May God grant you solace and respite for your soul smiley

Common. . . .no one died around her. . . .lol
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 19, 2009
Please, how many kids do you have for your ex-husband? This will help me to give you my advice. Pls reply,
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by spikedcylinder: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2009
Yes, you can! grin
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by Feelitx(m): 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2009
I can assure you that you will find a decent and honest man who will love you right this time.

In the meantime, work on improving yourself - I mean add value to what you are already.

It can only get better.
Re: Divorced, Please Help! by deardoc: 7:08pm On Jan 21, 2009
hello ghanaqueen,

i understand your pain.i have been through a similar experience. forget what the society will say,remember,no matter how hard you try,you cant satisfy humans.also,whatever they say wont stick on you. i read one bimbo odukoya article and she said" better to be single and happy than to be married and be dead."
its a very difficult situation and it takes some time to heal completely but you have to learn to let go.your concern for now should be healing from within and not worrying whether you would remarry or not.
i would really like to talk to you.you need counselling urgently before you make another bigger mistake.
i know a lot of couples who live false lives,either the man extra marital affairs or the women are having theirs but as i would say even if they pretend to the world ,they cant pretend to God.
its unfortunate that marriages break up faster than they are made.most times we marry for the wrong reasons.i am much wiser now,i married at a young age with all my naivety.You know most female doctors dont have a social life.in fact if i had the kind of information i have now then, i wouldn't have made that mistake.
there's something i used to sat which was collaborated by Madam BIMBO in one of her articles,its better to marry your friend,because even when everything fails,that friendship will keep you.
don't be weary,help is on the way.i want you to start living and stop existing and things will be fine.
cheers wink wink
also remember that some things are meant to happen for a reason.you cant buy experience.I'm talking now because i have had the experience.

i really would want to speak to you.you wouldn't regret it. call me on 08055180507 ASAP to schedule a meeting

(1) (Reply)

v / Do U Think It Is Wiser 4 Me To Ask Her: / Guys And Girls Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.