Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,359 members, 7,860,953 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:45 PM

Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text (25183 Views)

Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman / Election Postponement And The Position Of The Law / Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:
This election postponement is most embarrassing and a testament that Preofessor Attahiru Jega is an incompetent and clueless dude just like the President. This is the first time since we returned to democracy that the INEC Boss will openly take orders from the NSA, the Military and members of pro-PDP as regards election scheduling and rescheduling. Since when has the Military activities determines elections scheduling? The Electoral Act and the Constitution did not say NSA, Military and INEC should determine election date. Even if there is crises in a part of the country, Section 26(1) of the Electoral Act 2010 (amended) permit INEC to hold election in the peaceful area and reschedule for the trouble zone at a convenient date. Why can't Jega invoke this section and exclude Gombe, Borno, Adamawa and Yobe from Feb 14 and Feb 28 poll until March 28 and Aprill 11 respectively? Since when do we need the Military for election? What is the Statutory duties of the Police, the NSCDC, and by extension the DSS with respect to internal security? If personnels are not enough then why not bring in other paramilitary to assist? Must it be the Military? Was the Military used in 2003, 2007 and 2011 election? Militarisation started from Edo 2012,then Ondo(2012), Anambra(2011), Osun and Ekiti(2014) Gubernatorial contests. When did the Military become statutory responsible for internal security? The letter of the Chief of Defense State that was communicated to Jega through NSA Sambo Dasuki is treachery and unfortunate. Jega's announcement yesternight only confirmed that he doesn't know what he is doing. This is a shame, our democracy has been raped.

Youre tired of typing? Now copying and pasting all around the forum.

Chai!
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by thefakestan: 10:19am On Feb 08, 2015
The Voice must be heard.

Victory in sight.

One. Nigeria
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by Koroaso: 10:22am On Feb 08, 2015
ifuckedJudith:

But older than your Hopless father

you have a simple mind,a computer and a keyboard.
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by ifuckedJudith: 10:23am On Feb 08, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Its funny how a stack illiterate perform wonders.. smiley

What's the essense of having your eyes open and being lead by a blind man??

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
Elrufai is a midget
Obasanjo is a monkey
Lier Muhammed is charlatan
Amaechi is a thief

Gej till 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by ifuckedJudith: 10:24am On Feb 08, 2015
Koroaso:

you have a simple mind,a computer and a keyboard.

What's this hopeless bastard saying?
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 08, 2015
PLEASE HOW CAN I MAKE MY NAIRALAND HOME PAGE TO STOP SHOWING JONATHAN PICTURES.........................NOT GOOD TO BE SEEING EVIL FELLOW EARLY IN THE MORNING @SEUN

1 Like

Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:26am On Feb 08, 2015
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by ifuckedJudith: 10:26am On Feb 08, 2015
Abduletudaye:

That's the result when you run out of words..you keep repeating stuff..no brain..no interlect..

Its a pity you don't have noma disease..I wish you did tho'. sad

In all this am i not better than your Hopless father?
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by Gynacologist(m): 10:28am On Feb 08, 2015
englishmart:
all we know is that the election is postponed. And there's nothing anybody can do about it
hlp me tell dem abeg...
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by viczing(m): 10:28am On Feb 08, 2015
[s][/s]
barcanista:
This election postponement is most embarrassing and a testament that Preofessor Attahiru Jega is an incompetent and clueless dude just like the President. This is the first time since we returned to democracy that the INEC Boss will openly take orders from the NSA, the Military and members of pro-PDP as regards election scheduling and rescheduling. Since when has the Military activities determines elections scheduling? The Electoral Act and the Constitution did not say NSA, Military and INEC should determine election date. Even if there is crises in a part of the country, Section 26(1) of the Electoral Act 2010 (amended) permit INEC to hold election in the peaceful area and reschedule for the trouble zone at a convenient date. Why can't Jega invoke this section and exclude Gombe, Borno, Adamawa and Yobe from Feb 14 and Feb 28 poll until March 28 and Aprill 11 respectively? Since when do we need the Military for election? What is the Statutory duties of the Police, the NSCDC, and by extension the DSS with respect to internal security? If personnels are not enough then why not bring in other paramilitary to assist? Must it be the Military? Was the Military used in 2003, 2007 and 2011 election? Militarisation started from Edo 2012,then Ondo(2012), Anambra(2011), Osun and Ekiti(2014) Gubernatorial contests. When did the Military become statutory responsible for internal security? The letter of the Chief of Defense State that was communicated to Jega through NSA Sambo Dasuki is treachery and unfortunate. Jega's announcement yesternight only confirmed that he doesn't know what he is doing. This is a shame, our democracy has been raped.

[s][/s] trashhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by rayval(m): 10:32am On Feb 08, 2015
It is time to take our chance" not give us our chance.....nobdy can give us exept we take it either by violence or what ever means...Nigeria has no youth. We re dead-nt rite, no power, no unity, nothing**we allow some old fools.. Some beasts of no nation, some thieves to gamble with not just our future but that of our children..and we stupidly come out with empty brains to campaign , argue, fight, and eventually vote for those two selfish people**where is the youth, where is the leader of tomorrow, where re you..you'v sold your value..and one silly thing we fail to realise is that..They fear us. They re scared..they knw d power is actually in our hands..but the Nigerian youth knws nothing abt d definition of freedom, d Nigerian youth knows nothing about democracy. We re afraid of Living..Oh God....Jesus wept-i'm doing same**It is time to create a future our parents never did..it is time to build a home, a country and a fatherland..I stand for a movement, I stand for the truth I stand against Buhari and Jonathan..I stand against pdp and Apc, I stand against christians and muslims, I stand against the north, south, east and west. I stand for one Nigeria, I stand for the youth and I stand for the truth, I stand for for change-you nd I....we need a total cleansweep..we need revolution..social revolution precisely..we have the power we shouldn't fail our children**#MOVEMENT OF THE PEOPLE# this is our home we need to recreate it..there is no weapon stronger than our voice, our unity, our zeal, our value, our right and our dream.....we can do this**they cn alws kill us but cn nva kill our dreams**It is better to die for something than live for nothing***We need change-we don't need buhari, we need change we don't need Jonathan...time to rewrite History**it is time to redeem d national pledge to Nigeria our country-If is see any bloody youth campaigning or telling me shits abt APC nd PDP, I will blow of his brains nd bury him with pride-nd I'd hope to gt a virgin for dat in heaven..Bleep any one of you who clamour for chnge via those old men..*nd I would see u born in hell wen my dream is born**movement of the people#
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by ceeceeco: 10:33am On Feb 08, 2015
Chai!!! PheeDeePhee @ it again; No mur Febuhari. Ogas @ d top, i hail una o!
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by dvee2: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:

Jega is a honorable man, nobody, I repeat nobody would have taken a different decision base on the letter written by the security chiefs. I believe the security chief are playing the script for the government.
Jega by that letter has been placed between the devil and the deep blue sea. But he took the most logical decision.
Imagine Jega saying election must hold, he will be held accountable for any harm done to the over 600 INEC staff, and might be successfully sued for the death of anyone during the election because "he has been given the security report ".we nigerians now have a duty to stand by him and ensure by March this clueless president is told we the people will decide who will be our president
This type of blackmail happens sometimes in Global cooperation where safety report implications is used to arm twist a certain decision. Once the safety first rule is invoked, your hands are tied, you have no other option than to comply else any infraction you will be held accountable

1 Like

Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by chukslawrence(m): 10:36am On Feb 08, 2015
Passing by.... Goodluck till 2019
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 08, 2015
INEC new that buhari a terrorist and APC is boko haram

..since there's boko haram ......There will be no election in Nigeria till next year. ..If you like believe me ....

GEJ TILL 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by Uncletony(m): 10:39am On Feb 08, 2015
The difference between an educated real human being & an idiotic animalistic vagaboni tout lies in their speech. Compared this with amaechi/lai/oyegun. The difference is clear!
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by viczing(m): 10:42am On Feb 08, 2015
ifuckedJudith:

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
Elrufai is a midget
Obasanjo is a monkey
Lier Muhammed is charlatan
Amaechi is a thief

Gej till 2019

LoL

1 Like

Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by Jtmanager(m): 10:42am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:

U are a fool
I mean did u even bother to digest his reasons
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by viczing(m): 10:42am On Feb 08, 2015
JideJamez:
PLEASE HOW CAN I MAKE MY NAIRALAND HOME PAGE TO STOP SHOWING JONATHAN PICTURES.........................NOT GOOD TO BE SEEING EVIL FELLOW EARLY IN THE MORNING @SEUN

Deactivate your account and quit browsing. Foolish being
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by Chigold101(m): 10:43am On Feb 08, 2015
baybeeboi:
I don't make Jokes.......
I just watch at APC and report funny facts.
Btw.....where is Amaechi?
Patiently waiting for Him to protest.
GEJ till..................
am also waiting for Amaechi to go to the street... Today ooo... Not tomorrow
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by notoriousbabe: 10:52am On Feb 08, 2015
MARCH OVER, A NEW DISCOVERY.WILL HISTORY
REPEAT ITSELF? The moment I heard that the
General Election was postponed till march
28th,2015,I took a swift action into history and
gladly discovered that this postponement is an
Aural of Divinity.March is very significant in the
political History of the world.President
F.Kennedy of US, an opposition candidate won
Presidential election in March,1968.Former
Zimbabwe prime minister,Morgan Tsvangirai
lost an election to an opposition presidential
candidate,Robert Mugabe in the month of
march.I also glanced through ukraine history
and saw how a ruling party lost presidential
election in march 2003.March is always a good
time to march over and take control.It is the
best time for an opposition party to march over
and win election.Buhari is fully ready to march
over.Please join the marching Team today to
march out Jona.

1 Like

Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by njideoby(f): 10:52am On Feb 08, 2015
Personally, I know the postponement is all in good faith, but what will happen to my brother's wedding that has been fixed for the 11th of April? With all the plans, leaves applied for,hall booked for?
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by frodobee: 11:02am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:

I was thinking you will have a better reply/name not branding Jega clueless, makes me feel like wanting to join the cult of the clueless.
Secondly I wish to point out this fact, the case of the 11 NYSC members murdered in cold blood at Kano(non BokoHaram zone). They died right inside a police station. Yes, inside a police station, killed by people whose grouse/anger is that their candidate lost an election. If the military was their will it have happened? They were somebody's brother,sister,son and daughterT(definitely not yours). Added were also properties, shops looted and burnt in the resulting chaos. Remember, the polity was not as heated as it is today. Remember, prophecies and the doom and the statements being paraded today were not there in 2011 yet innocent lives were lost. Pls, in the spirit of patriotism let's shun our political inclination sometimes and be our brothers keeper. Let's remember these corp members and adhoc staff who will be doing these job, most of whom are your followers here on NL, people who hold you and your opinion in high esteem but who doesn't understand the sacrifices this prosponement entails.
Also on a diff note. Can you pls soft pedal on name-calling. I mean stuff like calling people be clueless or all those despiteful names. Its turning a brand on you and you do not deserve that. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by labistercollins(m): 11:17am On Feb 08, 2015
Oh my GOD finally she will demand valentine's gift all boys are not smiling again Lol!!
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by Toofan007: 11:24am On Feb 08, 2015
diluminati:

You are a child
a hopelessly stupid one.
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by Capitano1(m): 11:31am On Feb 08, 2015
ifuckedJudith:
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam

Gej till 2019

If this thread no make front page make i die
The truth is a poor commodity in the market place of ideas.Grow up lad ,you so f.cking annoying lol

Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by Toofan007: 11:36am On Feb 08, 2015
frodobee:

I was thinking you will have a better reply/name not branding Jega clueless, makes me feel like wanting to join the cult of the clueless.
Secondly I wish to point out this fact, the case of the 11 NYSC members murdered in cold blood at Kano(non BokoHaram zone). They died right inside a police station. Yes, inside a police station, killed by people whose grouse/anger is that their candidate lost an election. If the military was their will it have happened? They were somebody's brother,sister,son and daughterT(definitely not yours). Added were also properties, shops looted and burnt in the resulting chaos. Remember, the polity was not as heated as it is today. Remember, prophecies and the doom and the statements being paraded today were not there in 2011 yet innocent lives were lost. Pls, in the spirit of patriotism let's shun our political inclination sometimes and be our brothers keeper. Let's remember these corp members and adhoc staff who will be doing these job, most of whom are your followers here on NL, people who hold you and your opinion in high esteem but who doesn't understand the sacrifices this prosponement entails.
Also on a diff note. Can you pls soft pedal on name-calling. I mean stuff like calling people be clueless or all those despiteful names. Its turning a brand on you and you do not deserve that. Thank you.
So you don't think the postponement has got to do with the reality on ground, that some people aren't getting what they expected? I wish I could be as trusting as you are, because to me the postponement bears the imprimatur of the president and PDP.
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by vislabraye(m): 11:40am On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:
Jega has just succeeded in turning Febuhari to mortuary marchuhari and therefore, Sai to Kai with this speech.

Again, he turned goodnight gentlemen, to good morning ladies (talking about Valentine's Day)

U have no excuse for not celebrating Valentine. grin.
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by sokera: 11:45am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:
my friend I feel you pain , it very provoking but don't worry the extension will only make the wind of change stronger . Marchonbuhari for president . GEJ is a coward for using military against the will of the people
Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by shammah1(m): 11:46am On Feb 08, 2015
Mtcheew! Grow up
barcanista:

2 Likes

Re: Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text by vislabraye(m): 11:49am On Feb 08, 2015
Toofan007:
So you don't think the postponement has got to do with the reality on ground, that some people aren't getting what they expected? I wish I could be as trusting as you are, because to me the postponement bears the imprimatur of the president and PDP.
I believe both APC and PDP members have not yet collected theirs.

The election could favour either. After all, is it GEJ or PDP that stopped the collection of PVC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Election: I Will Win Without Stress - Omisore / Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State / Afe Babalola: Suspend 2023 Elections, Install Interim Govt For Six Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.