Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News (50276 Views)

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / Buhari Called For Jega's Sack & Accused INEC Of Corruption In March 2013 / Breaking: Presidency Shops For Jega Replacement (Proof Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Charlotte15: 10:23am On Feb 09, 2015
Let Jonathan do his worst. Clearly he is not in control. All the hawks around him have hijacked the government from him. Every move he makes whether good or bad will work against him. Jonathan epitomizes everything bad in governance. He is the ultimate wolf in sheep's clothing. He is an epic failure and fail he shall.

Let him sack Jega and put Mimiko, he will still lose this election. Jonathan is a time-bomb about to explode and the GMB/PYO 2015 wind of CHANGE will blow him and everybody holding Nigerians by the jugular to smithereens.

GMB/PYO 2015.

Amen
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nuezha(m): 10:27am On Feb 09, 2015
anwo247:

Just wondering why APC celebrates ignorance. NAIRA VALUE WAS AS A RESULT OF FALLEN OIL PRICE. The reason okonjo iweala is working hard to diversify our revenue base.

I'm the ignorant you meant. I don't belong to any political party (liars are hell bound). Is Saudi Arabia not 100% oil dependent? Do you have an idea how much stable their currency have been?! ($1=3.75Riyal)
No need for insults...just educate me with your wealth of information.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by anwo247: 10:28am On Feb 09, 2015
LastProphet:

THIS IS EXACTLY MY THOUGHT WITH ALL MY GROUP, IF HIS FOOLISHNESS MAKES HIM TRY ANY OF THIS, I PERSONALLY WILL MOBILIZE A 1000 DAREDEVIL YOUTHS TO ABUJA AND HE WILL SEE WHAT IS WORSE THAN BULLETS

Trust me, Nigerian Army will feed your dirty flesh to fouls of the air. You guys are so violence-inclined. In this 21st Century? What is APC all about?

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Remarkable: 10:29am On Feb 09, 2015
Oklander:
Desperados.
We have since realized that upon the CinC himself been incompetent, he is surrounded by senseless sets of people. Who ever is dishing out this brainless ideas is amazingly idiotic for completely undermining the possible repercussion of this moves, and for the CinC to always go along with such ideas speaks well of his incapabilities and it's quite unfortunate. Sometimes I do wonder what crime Nigeria committed to deserve this kind of leaders today… Smh.

I recall a certain emir saying what or who the problem of Nigeria is caused by... but upon a quick brain run back down history, the problem of Nigeria... is mostly with ... *looks up* (... is an intended pun)
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by onyxo76(m): 10:31am On Feb 09, 2015
koikoi2:
Jega's tenure will soon expire by June after d elections. There is nothing wrong in shopping for a replacement from now.

Nigerians just like to cause unnecessary panic and portray Jonathan as a desperado.

GEJ til 2019
this is why the election was postponed, jega is to go on terminal leave by march , hence won't able to conduct the election...replaced by a more'cooperative 'person.!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 09, 2015
nastyesco:
Jonathan is playing with the balls of a sleeping lion

[size=18pt]lol. cheesy cheesy All these nigerian adages ehn.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by openne(m): 10:42am On Feb 09, 2015
malele:
GEJ is cool, if it was me, i will fire jega replace him with somebody thaT will rig the whole election iN favor of PDP,and nothing will happen.
[color=#006600][/color]
That is why you can never be the president! .. .and I want to believe it is not a must you comment on NL. SMH!
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by justmenoni: 10:43am On Feb 09, 2015
Oga u don post this ur comment on almost all the pages on nairaland,ok i checked ur signature and nothing is there or you mean i should click that link? grin grin grin grin grin grin oh u wanna generate traffic? grin grin grin but bros i dont blame u ooo walahi na the stupid moderators id ey blame..dey are very biased..if na travel section the olooshi justwise go don ban u tey tey

rhymaster:
Hmmm, really?? Na Waaaaaahhh oo!! NL.. is blocking so much info these days from people! Check my signature for the truth, take action, leave a comment!
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 09, 2015
[quote author=GARRIx7 post=30558897][/quote] mumu of the first class order Gej will surely die of high blood 0pressure before march 28
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 09, 2015
[quote author=GARRIx7 post=30558897][/quote] mumu of the first class order Gej will surely die of high blood pressure before march 28
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 09, 2015
jennyo:
I don't believe it .He can't be that desperate
He ( GEJ) may not be but his handlers are.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 09, 2015
Nuezha:

I'm the ignorant you meant. I don't belong to any political party (liars are hell bound). Is Saudi Arabia not 100% oil dependent? Do you have an idea how much stable their currency have been?! ($1=3.75Riyal)
No need for insults...just educate me with your wealth of information.

I came across your post.

Saudi has a strong currency because they have a hefty excess crude account....and they also are the world's largest oil producer. (They also have a population of just 11million people...compared to Nigeria's 170million folks).

That is why they can...for now...maintain a strong currency. The problem starts when oil prices stay below $50...or even $30 for five more years....and the Saudis no longer have the reserve cash to boost their currency.

Nigeria cannot save money efficiently partly because of the obvious reason of corruption, but also because of the fact that we have a larger population....and we also import fuel. Compared to the Saudis .....we are poor.That is why I say we ahould diversify into industries...and forget about oil. If China that was behind Sierra Leone in 1973 is now a major powerhouse..thanks to industries......why not Naija?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by BlackTechnology: 10:51am On Feb 09, 2015
bimbor:
This is why we have been clamouring for State Police!!!

Supported

But the North opposed it

Today

Boko Haram and Election wahala have proven to them how foolish they are grin
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by BlackTechnology: 10:56am On Feb 09, 2015
Oduduwaboy:
GEJ is just a criminal ; he will Still be tried for treason for allowing militants to buy warships for use against the fatherland by Tompolo!

Which fatherland

Get ready to live in cocoa poverty odua republic grin

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by 989900: 10:59am On Feb 09, 2015
malele:
GEJ is cool, if it was me, i will fire jega replace him with somebody thaT will rig the whole election iN favor of PDP,and nothing will happen.

I will do the same too if I were GEJ, but say in 1979.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by mickeymimi: 11:02am On Feb 09, 2015
a lot of people already know Femi mimiko, former VC of the state university is replacing jega. He is a blood brother to the incumbent governor of Ondo state who they will use to complete the proposed rigging plan if election ever come up.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nuezha(m): 11:07am On Feb 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I came across your post.

Saudi has a strong currency because they have a hefty excess crude account....and they also are the world's largest oil producer. (They also have a population of just 11million people...compared to Nigeria's 170million folks).

That is why they can...for now...maintain a strong currency. The problem starts when oil prices stay below $50...or even $30 for five more years....and the Saudis no longer have the reserve cash to boost their currency.

Nigeria cannot save money efficiently partly because of the obvious reason of corruption, but also because of the fact that we have a larger population....and we also import fuel. Compared to the Saudis .....we are poor.That is why I say we ahould diversify into industries...and forget about oil. If China that was behind Sierra Leone in 1973 is now a major powerhouse..thanks to industries......why not Naija?

My take:

Nigeria is the only country in the world which large population is a proving a disadvantage.

Nigeria is one of world's largest crude exporters, and ironically, is one of world's largest importers of PPs.

It's easy to cite China as a good example, and play down the responsibility of leadership.

I am ignorant but not a novice.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by jorlons(m): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2015
Abraham2013:

Bros nobody wey die wey go make dem postpone christmas. If buhari is disqualified over lying under oath which he did, heaven will not fall. D only place wey dem go make noise na 4 kastina and some state 4 north. Dem no born anybody well try any nonsense 4 south here.

When people comment I just laugh because we in the south always feel whatever happens in the north doesn't affect us. But one thing we fail to understand is that a man who has signed his life away fears nothing and can do anything.

God forbids they sack jega or find a way to disqualify Buhari and then what?? The north goes up in flames. You can conclude that it doesn't affect the south but don't forget there are southerners there who will be caught up in the violence. Some southerners will run home to start afresh.

The military is currently finding it difficult to to contain the excesses of the bokoharam and they haven't succeeded yet. Do you now think they will be able to handle an added violence across the north. What happens when they get their hands on a gun. Will another radical group spring up?? What if they start coming down south with their violence

I expect a peaceful democratically free and fair elections. PDP has pressured jega to extend the Election by six weeks. Is that not enough time to distribute the remaining PVCs in the south?? So why would they want his resignation ?? And if they're very confident of winning on a free and fair platform why are they after the disqualification of the main opposition candidate. Plus what proof do you have that he lied under oath. I'm supremely confident that more than half of GEJ's supporters do not reason out the allegations laid out on Buhari before believing them.

Now how is GEJ's people diff from GMB's Did you not hear of the threats from Asari, Tompolo and the rest that if GEJ loses not even impeached that there will be war. That is a threat to the masses freedom. So because sb is from an oil producing state he now has the right to threaten everybody if he is not given what he wants.

Now lets even look @ those oil regions. Bayelsa is not the only oil rich state. There are others. Why is Asari, GEJ, Tompolo and others acting as if Bayelsa is the sole state sustaining Nigeria because quite frankly I can't find any other reason they have to threaten this country.

FYI Not everybody in the south is in support of GEJ and if we decide to revolt there's nothing anybody can or will do.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by 989900: 11:10am On Feb 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I came across your post.

UAE, Saudi, Qatar, and a few other countries have their currencies pegged to the dollar regardless . . .
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Chigold101(m): 11:10am On Feb 09, 2015
freshness2020:
...GEJ; giving APC headache!
..I thought they say he is clueless, the more they say so , the more he shows them how authorising he can be!
<<FORWARD MARCH for GEJ2015!
Civil Service Commission procedure demands that you go on 3months terminal leave before you finally bow out of office.

I dont see why people are here talking about sacking Jega. Nobody wants to sack or suspend Jega. He would simply go on terminal leave on March 1st or if he wish on March 13th. Is it a problem now to follow procedure?

As for GMB‘s case I dont want him to be disqualified but as we all know that law is blind, let the law play its role. If GMB is guilty of pejury or forgery or whatever it is called, let blind law do what is needful. Or should we change the goal post in the middle of a game so that our favoured team can win... No na... It is on fair...

Mean while let all of us join hand to MarchonBuhari‘s head if he insist on contesting...

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by jorlons(m): 11:14am On Feb 09, 2015
thewarrior72:
Nothing will happen, even if Buhari is disqualified or jega is sacked. You illiterates threatens fire & brimstone if election is postponed & election was shifted & nothing happened. APC only means of unleashing terror on peaceful Nigerians has been curtail,your military wing aka boko haram has been cornered & hence has no power any longer tongue tongue tongue

I don't discuss with kids look for ppl in your level. Mine is too high for you capish angry
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 09, 2015
anarchy
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by menesheh(m): 11:24am On Feb 09, 2015
grin grin
TreQuartista:

Look here, you inconsequential child of sorrow. I don't know and I don't care how involved you are with the charlatans at the Presidency, who are hell-bent on impoverishing the citizenry.

You apparently share there inordinate ambition of balkanizing the nation too. This is why 'I don't give a damn' whether you live or die. As a matter of fact, I would not shed a tear if news of your gruesome death trickles in this minute.

It shall never be well with you, you odious epitome of strife and misfortune! Edumare punish you!
grin grin
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Abraham2013(m): 11:24am On Feb 09, 2015
jorlons:

When people comment I just laugh because we in the south always feel whatever happens in the north doesn't affect us. But one thing we fail to understand is that a man who has signed his life away fears nothing and can do anything.

God forbids they sack jega or find a way to disqualify Buhari and then what?? The north goes up in flames. You can conclude that it doesn't affect the south but don't forget there are southerners there who will be caught up in the violence. Some southerners will run home to start afresh.

The military is currently finding it difficult to to contain the excesses of the bokoharam and they haven't succeeded yet. Do you now think they will be able to handle an added violence across the north. What happens when they get their hands on a gun. Will another radical group spring up?? What if they start coming down south with their violence

I expect a peaceful democratically free and fair elections. PDP has pressured jega to extend the Election by six weeks. Is that not enough time to distribute the remaining PVCs in the south?? So why would they want his resignation ?? And if they're very confident of winning on a free and fair platform why are they after the disqualification of the main opposition candidate. Plus what proof do you have that he lied under oath. I'm supremely confident that more than half of GEJ's supporters do not reason out the allegations laid out on Buhari before believing them.

Now how is GEJ's people diff from GMB's Did you not hear of the threats from Asari, Tompolo and the rest that if GEJ loses not even impeached that there will be war. That is a threat to the masses freedom. So because sb is from an oil producing state he now has the right to threaten everybody if he is not given what he wants.

Now lets even look @ those oil regions. Bayelsa is not the only oil rich state. There are others. Why is Asari, GEJ, Tompolo and others acting as if Bayelsa is the sole state sustaining Nigeria because quite frankly I can't find any other reason they have to threaten this country.

FYI Not everybody in the south is in support of GEJ and if we decide to revolt there's nothing anybody can or will do.

Bros nobody is sacking jega. His tenure is coming to an end in june and as usually d search for his replacement has started. However don't get me wrong, people will protest peacefully in d south here, but up north dere, dere is nothing like peaceful protest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 09, 2015
yet some people will still go ahead for this useless umbrella corrupted party cos of N2000 and a 1kg bag of rice.... Nigerians Clueless since 1960 angry
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by jorlons(m): 11:46am On Feb 09, 2015
Abraham2013:

Bros nobody is sacking jega. His tenure is coming to an end in june and as usually d search for his replacement has started. However don't get me wrong, people will protest peacefully in d south here, but up north dere, dere is nothing like peaceful protest.

That's why I said if he is sacked. I know his tenure ends in June. And of cause southerners are more refined we obviously won't result to a violent protest. I cannot however say the samething about the less refined northerners. That's why I'm hoping FG will not do anything stupid.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Lerumo: 11:46am On Feb 09, 2015
Validated:
Jega is compromised for allowing different criteria for collection of PVC between the North and the South. At first he wanted to create bogus polling units of over 30000 in the North with just 12000 in the South. He was prevented, then he resorted to this hidden agenda.

Accepting Buhari's form without certificate and telling an incumbent president to go to court is the height of affront. I won't take such bullshit as a manager from my subordinate not to talk of a sitting president. He should be replaced as he is already biased.

Mr affront the law does not permit INEC to disqualify candidates only the courts can do that. Be more informed.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Uchelucky(m): 11:48am On Feb 09, 2015
Oklander:
Desperados.
We have since realized that upon the CinC himself been incompetent, he is surrounded by senseless sets of people. Who ever is dishing out this brainless ideas is amazingly idiotic for completely undermining the possible repercussion of this moves, and for the CinC to always go along with such ideas speaks well of his incapabilities and it's quite unfortunate. Sometimes I do wonder what crime Nigeria committed to deserve this kind of leaders today… Smh.

If you know what Buhari has passed through in contesting elections and loosing... and many people who wants to be president but can't,am sure you won't open ur dirty mouth to insult Mr. President for anything.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by camelus: 11:51am On Feb 09, 2015
Raiders:
personally, I wish the election was not postpone by INEC because it might lead to problem. My unbaised prediction for the next 6 weeks is that the real reason PDP wanted the election postpone is that they want more time to get Buhari disqualified by the court for perjury in his waec certificate. If the election had held on 14th February there wont have been much time for the court to decide.

I also believe PDP will get a judge to disqualified Buhari because the case is now in court and should be resolve before 6 weeks time. If Buhari is disqualified by the court, it would lead to serious problem in the country and might end up leading to civil war or military coup because the opposition party APC would not participate in all governorship, senatorial and presidential elections. I just pray for Nigeria because the future looks really bleak for the country right now. I also hope GEJ is not trying to hold on to power at all cost.

I don't think Jega will be sacked because GEJ is not that clueless to make that kind of decision just 6 weeks to the election. Jega just have 3 months left and I don't think his appointment will be renewed when it expires by May.
How will Someone who do not possess any Certificate or have lied lead to problem or military coup?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Uchelucky(m): 11:55am On Feb 09, 2015
spott:
GEJ IS A DISGRACE... SIMPLE

[b]MARCH IN BUHARI AND MARCH OUT GEJ
THE FREEDOM "MARCH" -
They said he is not electable. Now that it's time to put their claim to test, they are running pillar to post trying to stop the only test that will prove them right or wrong.
They said Nigerians love Jonathan. Now that it's time for Nigerians to show how much they love him, the are afraid to subject him to public test.
They said Nigerians want continuity not change. Now that it's time for Nigerians to speak in favor of continuity or change, they wouldn't let Nigerians make their choices.
They said he's a military despot while they are democrats yet, he want elections and they hate elections.
They said their reason for the shift is to secure Nigeria from Boko Haram. How could they make Nigeria secure enough for elections in few weeks when they couldn't secure it in 5 years?
They said he is dishonest and they are honest yet, he always keep his words while they always break their promises.
We said they are clueless and they said they are prepared yet, it took them a week to elections to realize Nigeria is a security mess that need the concentration of the armed forces to be cleaned at the expense of a promising general election.
They said Nigeria is safe yet, "unsafe" Afghanistan, Iraq and Sudan conducted credible elections where a "safe" Nigeria failed.
Be it February or March, a bad government will remain a bad government that must be sacked. No matter how long you delay the burial of a corpse, the dead never return.
KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE
#MARCH4BUHARI[/b]

One thing I hate so much about APC is that"they can't see anything good about this Govt... by extension,Nigeria.
This is too bad for human social existence. How can you expect good leadership if can't give good followership in ur different capacities?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by AroOkigbo(m): 11:58am On Feb 09, 2015
hardbody:

Blowing hot air. Who will be fighting against whom and why? Will you lead the attack or you think it will be fought behind your phones and computers
You de mind the mofo?
It's always easy to sit in the comfort of ones room to type "WAR".
Who in the country is ready for war. I bet not the politicians (that we are killing ourselves for) nor their immediate families.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

James Ocholi's Driver Dies In National Hospital,abuja / PHOTOS: Newly Built Pedestrian Bridge In Ojota, Lagos / CNN Shares Lekki Shooting Video: EndSARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.