Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,050 members, 7,814,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News (50270 Views)

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / Buhari Called For Jega's Sack & Accused INEC Of Corruption In March 2013 / Breaking: Presidency Shops For Jega Replacement (Proof Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by barclays22(m): 9:19am On Feb 09, 2015
GARRIx7:

Where is your sense??

In the closet .
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by greatsodade(m): 9:24am On Feb 09, 2015
[quote author=freshness2020 post=30558986]...GEJ; giving APC headache!
..I thought they say he is clueless, the more they say so , the more he shows them how authorising he can be!
<<FORWARD MARCH for GEJ2015![/quote

Pity ur generation yet unborn...I just hope u'll nt pass dis ur cluelessly sentimental gene to them ooo.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by KLand(m): 9:26am On Feb 09, 2015
Jega has been good on the job. Removing him will be a big mistake. I hope the report is not true.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:30am On Feb 09, 2015
jennyo:
I don't believe it .He can't be that desperate

Believe it bro cos it is about to happen.

They are about to sack Jega.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Abuklaw(m): 9:31am On Feb 09, 2015
GEJ IS A DISGRACE... SIMPLE

MARCH IN BUHARI AND MARCH OUT GEJ
THE FREEDOM "MARCH" -

They said he is not electable. Now that it's time to put their claim to test, they are running pillar to post trying to stop the only test that will prove them right or wrong.

They said Nigerians love Jonathan. Now that it's time for Nigerians to show how much they love him, the are afraid to subject him to public test.

They said Nigerians want continuity not change. Now that it's time for Nigerians to speak in favor of continuity or change, they wouldn't let Nigerians make their choices.

They said he's a military despot while they are democrats yet, he want elections and they hate elections.

They said their reason for the shift is to secure Nigeria from Boko Haram. How could they make Nigeria secure enough for elections in few weeks when they couldn't secure it in 5 years?

They said he is dishonest and they are honest yet, he always keep his words while they always break their respective promises.

We said they are clueless and they said they are prepared yet, it took them a week to elections to realize Nigeria is a security mess that need the concentration of the armed forces to be cleaned at the expense of a promising general election.

They said Nigeria is safe yet, "unsafe" Afghanistan, Iraq and Sudan conducted credible elections where a "safe" Nigeria failed. Be it February or March, a bad government will remain a bad government that must be sacked. No matter how long you delay the burial of a corpse, the dead never return.

KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE
#MARCH4BUHARI
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:32am On Feb 09, 2015
malele:
GEJ is cool, if it was me, i will fire jega replace him with somebody thaT will rig the whole election iN favor of PDP,and nothing will happen.

The demon in U. Selfish, corrupt & greedy
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by ooshinibos: 9:33am On Feb 09, 2015
GEJ is doing exactly what shagari was doing when he didnt want to leave power ..Nigerian presidential power is just too sweet and too much wealth that is enough to corrupt a gentleman or ..even a saint ...we will see when this will end up ...
are u thinking what am thinking ?
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by superstar1(m): 9:34am On Feb 09, 2015
GEJ had better relocate Aso Rock to Otuoke.

Tompolo and Dokubo in far away Gbaramatu Kingdom will not be able to save him in Abuja, with this looming catastrophe he is playing with.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:35am On Feb 09, 2015
Raiders:
personally, I wish the election was not postpone by INEC because it might lead to problem. My unbaised prediction for the next 6 weeks is that the real reason PDP wanted the election postpone is that they want more time to get Buhari disqualified by the court for perjury in his waec certificate. If the election had held on 14th February there wont have been much time for the court to decide.

I also believe PDP will get a judge to disqualified Buhari because the case is now in court and should be resolve before 6 weeks time. If Buhari is disqualified by the court, it would lead to serious problem in the country and might end up leading to civil war or military coup because the opposition party APC would not participate in all governorship, senatorial and presidential elections. I just pray for Nigeria because the future looks really bleak for the country right now. I also hope GEJ is not trying to hold on to power at all cost.

I don't think Jega will be sacked because GEJ is not that clueless to make that kind of decision just 6 weeks to the election. Jega just have 3 months left and I don't think his appointment will be renewed when it expires by May.

U undermine the clueless nature of our president Bro

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by conyema12(m): 9:37am On Feb 09, 2015
What is this thing about African leaders and the quest for power. cant GEJ simply conduct a free and fair election.
It is obvious that disqualifying buhari under 6 weeks or removing Jega will cause a serious political uproar that might even lead to civil war.
I only pray against those guys advising Mr President.
GEJ is currently like a dummy that is been controlled by the wife on one side and some senseless advisers on the other hand.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by LastProphet: 9:38am On Feb 09, 2015
jorlons:
Two things will happen.

1 Sack Jega or replace him and there will be a serious revolution.

2 Disqualify Buhari and cause a civil war.

The only thing the PDP can do now is campaign with the six weeks and recapture the 14 LGA in the NE.

Join the #General March4 Buhari (GMB)

THIS IS EXACTLY MY THOUGHT WITH ALL MY GROUP, IF HIS FOOLISHNESS MAKES HIM TRY ANY OF THIS, I PERSONALLY WILL MOBILIZE A 1000 DAREDEVIL YOUTHS TO ABUJA AND HE WILL SEE WHAT IS WORSE THAN BULLETS
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:40am On Feb 09, 2015
jorlons:
Two things will happen.

The only thing the PDP can do now is campaign with the six weeks and recapture the 14 LGA in the NE.

Sorry Bro but my countrymen are too self-centered to start an obviously needed revolution

Gej will continue oppressing us & there is nothing we will do about it. Nothing till a true revolution leader steps up

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by ascaris(m): 9:42am On Feb 09, 2015
UcLloyd:

Look at how ur murdering english this man. APC is all about cheap talks. Go back to school son, don't be like Buhari!
Thanks for your advise sir. I'ii be starting school this September. What is happening to Buhari now is a lesson for all.
I need to let you know that am no APC. Together with my family, we are voting GEJ! but let the truth be told.
I strongly think Jega has done well.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by anwo247: 9:43am On Feb 09, 2015
Nuezha:

Of course he fired Sanusi and replaced him with somebody that destroyed Nigeria's NAIRA and "nothing happened"

See Mr man, I'm a PDP sympathizer but I will vote BUHARI.

Just wondering why APC celebrates ignorance. NAIRA VALUE WAS AS A RESULT OF FALLEN OIL PRICE. The reason okonjo iweala is working hard to diversify our revenue base.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by ARKdiscloser7(m): 9:44am On Feb 09, 2015
......and they keep saying that Uncle Jonna is "weak & clueless"

OK. Let's see who is?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by ogene007: 9:46am On Feb 09, 2015
[quote author=GARRIx7 post=30558897][/quote]
That is is exactly what Buhari and Thiefnnubu would have done if they where in GEJ's shoes, we saw that in the local government elections organised by APC in Lagos state. They are now the ones coming to cry wolf. GEJ should move against all their people within INEC to ensure that the elections are credible. GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by obynoses(m): 9:47am On Feb 09, 2015
i found out that the dull movement of a lion is just a positioning to devour its prey.Goodluck you too much. nawaaooo...Jega leaves 2nd march because that 3 months leave is compulsory and constitutional.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 09, 2015
judiciarypalava:
I have known JEGA is biased in his conduct since his plans to establish more 30,000 polling units in the North was foiled.

JEGA has been accused of receiving 15 laptops to assist the North in their registration
He has been accused of conniving with the powers that be in the North to rig the election in Buhari's favour, hence the need for the recent reshuffling of state resident commissioners. So that the 'born to rules' will take over again.

JEGA as been accused of relaxing the rules on collection of PVC's in the North by making use of the village heads to distribute some, hence the reason while the troubled states in the North will record higher % in collection more than some peaceful states in the South.

JEGA has been accused of denying the Ibos of their PVC's as it ws on GMB's perception that because of his role during the Biafran war, that Ibos are gearing to pay him back. He claimed it was due to loss of data.

Imagine how many people that have been disenfranchised due to lack of personnel during this last registration in the South. Were as, a close friend of mine in the North had himself registered with out much stress. A situation were a polling station serving the almighty UNIBEN community was moved to merge with another polling station (Olukwu primary school) some kilometres away from the school with only one person manning the only laptop for the registration. The crowd there as at the last day was something else.
Upon all the allegations, JEGA has not debunked any.
And l ask, truly has JEGA been compromised? No wonder the APC has been agitating for the election to hold as planned no matter what the situation is, after all, they have perfected their game plan.
In fact, l suspect international conspiracy considering US and UK's comment on the election postponement.
This is our country and we will build it ourselves.
God bless Nigeria.
You and the likers of your post are confirmed goats.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by soxyfem: 9:51am On Feb 09, 2015
spott:
By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North

ABUJA — With the successful postponement of the elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the Presidency has launched a two-pronged war to ensure that President Goodluck Jonathan wins the election convincingly.
Anambra Supplementary Election: INEC Chairman Prof. Attahiru Jega addressing pressmen , announcing November 30 for Supplementary election at Anambra State while National Commissioner Lawrence Nwuruku looks on in Abuja. Photo by Gbemiga Olamikan.

The two strategies are to stop Muhammadu Buhari, the All Progressives Congress candidate from contesting the election with Jonathan and the replacement of the INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega, with a less independent-minded person. Jega, it was gathered, had been described by hawks around the president of being too independent-minded and ‘uncooperative’ despite being given the job on a platter of gold by the president’s men.
Vanguard learnt that Jega might have unwittingly played into the hands of the forces arrayed against him by agreeing to shift the elections.

Legal war to disqualify Buhari

Competent sources said last night that the move to remove Jega and the legal fireworks against Buhari, would be taken up simultaneously with effect from this week given the timeframe made possible by the shift.

The retired general is to be prosecuted by a team of legal luminaries for ‘lying on oath’ that he had a school certificate with the Nigerian Army when he knew that it was untrue. The plaintiffs are said to have settled for trying Buhari for alleged ‘perjury’ instead of outright non-possession of certificate following legal advice that the latter would be more difficult to prove within the time at their disposal.

Vanguard learnt that although Jega reluctantly succumbed to pressure from the Presidency and its security chiefs to shift the polls, he might still not be allowed by the forces to conduct the rescheduled elections between March 28 and April 11.

Vanguard gathered from competent sources that the Presidency was no longer comfortable with Jega and was, therefore, working tirelessly to get him out of the commission to pave the way for a more ‘trusted hand’ to conduct the rescheduled elections.

It was learnt that the forces arrayed against the INEC boss had convinced the President not to renew Jega’s tenure, which is expected to lapse on June 13 this year. The forces, it was learnt, felt that Jega was rather too ‘difficult’ to deal with, having not allowed himself to be dictated to by anyone since assuming office like other appointees of the government.

It was learnt that in a bid to sweep off Jega from his seat without raising any dust, he would be asked to comply with the civil service procedure by proceeding on his three months terminal leave with effect from March 1, this year since he is expected to retire on June 13.

S-West gov’s brother may replace Jega

Vanguard gathered that in his place, the Presidency was considering bringing in another academic from the South-West, who is currently heading a tertiary institution in the country. The professor of Political Science and International Relations is said to be a sibling of a serving governor in the South-West, who is a close ally of President Goodluck Jonathan and his party.
Competent sources also told Vanguard last night that although the name of the academic had been made known in security circles, it was not clear whether the man had been cleared by the forces with a view to sending his name to the National Assembly for possible confirmation, as required by law.
Working against Jonathan’s interest

As a prelude to removing Jega from office, some close allies of the President had started accusing him of taking side with the opposition to undermine the success of Jonathan and his party in the next election. Earlier last week, Jonathan’s godfather, Chief Edwin Clark and other prominent politicians from the Southern part of the country had accused Jega of working against the interest of the president and the PDP and asked him to resign from the commission.

Although no evidence was adduced by Clark and his group to support their allegation, they nonetheless called for the arrest of Jega. Similarly, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, on Saturday, said Jega had lied about the state of the commission’s preparedness for the conduct of the election.

In the same vein, the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Mr. Olisa Metuh, accused INEC of working with the opposition to deny its members of permanent voter cards in some states. He called on the security agents to probe the commission over the development.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/presidency-shops-jegas-replacement/
Olorun koni fun yin Se Because your plan is not of the Lord,it will not see the light of the day!
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by ogene007: 9:54am On Feb 09, 2015
anwo247:

Just wondering why APC celebrates ignorance. NAIRA VALUE WAS AS A RESULT OF FALLEN OIL PRICE. The reason okonjo iweala is working hard to diversify our revenue base.
The major issue with the naira right now is that the APC through their companies, are mopping up all the foreign exchange in circulation, in other words, they are colluding with some banks to engage in foreign exchange racketeering so as to create artificial scarcity that will continue to drive down the value of the naira. The CBN should simply ask the banks to provide all the details on their FOREX transactions within the past two months and immediately withdraw the banking license of any of the erring banks. The erring banks must be made to pay a heavy price in colluding with the APC to destroy the nigerian economy, with the APC using same to rubbish GEJ's government. This is a time for GEJ to really go tough on these economic saboteurs. GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by ukemeramat(m): 9:55am On Feb 09, 2015
GARRIx7:

Where is your sense??
He traded it for half slice of pufpuf !!! angry angry angry angry the guy na big mumu
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Tsanyawa: 9:56am On Feb 09, 2015
#March4Buhari

SAI BABA
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by jorlons(m): 9:59am On Feb 09, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

Sorry Bro but my countrymen are too self-centered to start an obviously needed revolution

Gej will continue oppressing us & there is nothing we will do about it. Nothing till a true revolution leader steps up

I understand your point but there is an extent to which you can suppress people. Lets pray none of the two points I raised will happen.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by thewarrior72: 10:01am On Feb 09, 2015
Ilekeh:
GEJ is covering his tracks. He's the true boko haram sponsor.

Watch him suddenly discover "new otuoke-made evidence" to link boko haram to Buhari in the next few weeks.
Ugly old witch are u still alive? tongue tongue
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by mpowa(m): 10:05am On Feb 09, 2015
koikoi2:
Jega's tenure will soon expire by June after d elections. There is nothing wrong in shopping for a replacement from now.

Nigerians just like to cause unnecessary panic and portray Jonathan as a desperado.

GEJ til 2019

What's his business to look for replacement, will he be there after May 29th? make he leave matter for Mattias, the new govt. will decide if they want to renew his contract or not.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Sajio(m): 10:07am On Feb 09, 2015
nastyesco:
Jonathan is playing with the balls of a sleeping lion
.... Are you saying Buhari is above the LAW? if it's true he committed perjury. let him be disqualified.. and heaven will not fall.. politics they say...is a "game" so who sharp pass go win and anybody that plans otherwise with definitely go down... what I meant is.... No body is above the Law.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by BlackTechnology: 10:07am On Feb 09, 2015
judiciarypalava:
I have known JEGA is biased in his conduct since his plans to establish more 30,000 polling units in the North was foiled.

JEGA has been accused of receiving 15 laptops to assist the North in their registration
He has been accused of conniving with the powers that be in the North to rig the election in Buhari's favour, hence the need for the recent reshuffling of state resident commissioners. So that the 'born to rules' will take over again.

JEGA as been accused of relaxing the rules on collection of PVC's in the North by making use of the village heads to distribute some, hence the reason while the troubled states in the North will record higher % in collection more than some peaceful states in the South.

JEGA has been accused of denying the Ibos of their PVC's as it ws on GMB's perception that because of his role during the Biafran war, that Ibos are gearing to pay him back. He claimed it was due to loss of data.

Imagine how many people that have been disenfranchised due to lack of personnel during this last registration in the South. Were as, a close friend of mine in the North had himself registered with out much stress. A situation were a polling station serving the almighty UNIBEN community was moved to merge with another polling station (Olukwu primary school) some kilometres away from the school with only one person manning the only laptop for the registration. The crowd there as at the last day was something else.
Upon all the allegations, JEGA has not debunked any.
And l ask, truly has JEGA been compromised? No wonder the APC has been agitating for the election to hold as planned no matter what the situation is, after all, they have perfected their game plan.
In fact, l suspect international conspiracy considering US and UK's comment on the election postponement.
This is our country and we will build it ourselves.
God bless Nigeria.

Supported

Ever since APC said they will increase oil production from 2million to 4million barrels a day, that was the day I suspected that US is backing APC

My only concern is if GEJ has involved the Russians Chinese French Germans and Indians on his side to help breakup Nigeria. cool

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by perfectcrush(m): 10:08am On Feb 09, 2015
GARRIx7:

Where is your sense??

Under his foot
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Sajio(m): 10:17am On Feb 09, 2015
Are you saying Buhari is above the LAW? if it's true he committed perjury. he should be disqualified.. and heaven will not fall.. APC came up with the word "clueless" reasons, is to discredit Gej's administration to win the ppls vote.. PDP on the other hand got their findings, reasons.. to get down their opponent. politics they say...is a "game" so who sharp pass go win and anybody that plans otherwise will definitely go down... what I meant is.... No body is above the Law. Godbless 9ja.. Godbless Gej.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Hollarbeece(f): 10:20am On Feb 09, 2015
GARRIx7:

Where is your sense??
under his panties I guess.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by thewarrior72: 10:22am On Feb 09, 2015
jorlons:
Two things will happen.

Nothing will happen, even if Buhari is disqualified or jega is sacked. You illiterates threatens fire & brimstone if election is postponed & election was shifted & nothing happened. APC only means of unleashing terror on peaceful Nigerians has been curtail,your military wing aka boko haram has been cornered & hence has no power any longer tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Here Is The Photo Of Channels TV Reporter After He Was Stabbed In Okrika / School Feeding Women Sat Overnight For APC Rally In Mapo, Ibadan. Pics / Photos From The Ongoing Renovation At Enugu International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.