Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) (47407 Views)

The Unaired Part Of Aisha Buhari's Interview, By Jaafar - Premium Times / Aisha Buhari's Interview: BBC Defies Pressure From Presidency, Dogara & Daura / GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by tuniski: 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2015
Deen4me:
Great Interview

Answered the questions posed confidently

E.g Penal codes for drug trafficking etc

but without intelligence! GEJ all the way slow and steady with deep IQ!
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by 9jagirl4re(f): 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2015
sokera:
He answered questions intelligently... Match on the people's General
Yes please match to the General and all of APC grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by yomanovic: 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2015
KwoiZabo:
He also called APC all progressive CONFIDENCE. Buhari brain don Jabo (cast). He tried anyway but Buhari still remains a regional champion and cannot appeal to Nigerians beyond the NE and NW. It's easier said than done. Apart from Insurgency, security Naionwide has improved since GEJ came on board also Buhari has never told us how to tackle other of Nigerian's problems like Power, Economy, regional autonomy, Federal character, infrastructure, foreign relations etc. Also looking at the diversity of the Country, it's safer to allow our slow but steady progress under GEJ than the radical change APC is proposing which is not feasible 'coz the APC leadership is more corrupt than the sitting govt.
Finally APC is still the Oluwole party that just wants power not the interest of Nigerians.

You said he'll only get votes from NE and NW when SW is highly rooting for him? Face it dude, the ruling party is scared of election due to the supports they see in favour of the opposition. The positive i see from this is that our democracy is growing.
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by queensmith: 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2015
Brilliant interview - I think he has answered all the questions and explained himself for the tough regime he once presided.

Also, I hope all the pdp theives and criminals heard well that he said he wont go after you? There is no need to postpone the election (I believe they were trying to extend their time for the fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom!! grin) I can imagine them all hastily trying to cover their tracks some trying hard to bury their private jets underground somewhere!

Don't worry yourselves you are safe, here is a subtle promise of immunity grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 10, 2015
Before 1999, Tinubu had none of these:

1) Oriental hotel
2) Falomo shopping complex
3) First National Airline
4) Lekki Concession Company
5) Apapa amusement park
6) Maiyegun Land project
7) De Nation
cool Tejuoso Market (joint ownership)
9) Renaissance Hotel
10) Ikeja shopping mall
11) TV Continental
12) Converted Lagos Poly for Tvc
13) Owned NNPC office building in Lagos
14) Radio continental
15) Owned school of Nursing building in Lagos.
16) Tax collector of Lagos state (Alpha Bats)
17) N4 billion govt financed property for himself at Queens drive, Lagos.

Tinubu acquired all the above and more after he became a governor of Lagos state, first in 1999 and won second term in 2003. He remains governor emeritus of Lagos, controlling the states' treasury through his protégé Fashola.
APC change! We now know the APC kind of change ooooh. Nigerians pls judge for ur selves oooh
Is this the kind of change we want

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Tonylyte(m): 2:14am On Feb 10, 2015
MightyD:
Abuja interview buhari,

Who do u want to support for River state governor?

Okuku,
Amaechi said, please sir, it is not called (okuku) bt dakuku.

Please brother buhari go back to school,
The interview is over.
Oga, okuku is part of my village, yala in cross river state, abeg no connect am with buhari(failure)

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 4:06am On Feb 10, 2015
Buhari isn't smart!
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 10, 2015
berem:
Shhhhhh!!
Watch the video first before ranting. This time,very slowly and carefully.
He defined INEC as Independent Nigeria Electorial Commission in the video. Jeez!
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by JaaizTech: 4:18am On Feb 10, 2015
Buhari may not be the most eloquent in English, and perhaps not at his most alert stage in his life, but what I can definitely pick out is his sincerity. And that matters most than anything else. I am so pleased with the way He has responded on how He would handle the security situation. That was a honest and reasonable response. He would need to first evaluate how the Nigeria military has now reduced to what it is now. There is no way in this world anyone outside the Govt. can claim to have an absolute plan to end insurgency. How much intelligence / Information can anyone outside the Govt. have
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by JaaizTech: 4:36am On Feb 10, 2015
Buhari may not be the most eloquent in English, and perhaps not at his most alert stage in his life, but what I can definitely pick out is his sincerity. And that matters most than anything else. I am so pleased with the way He has responded on how He would handle the security situation. That was a honest and reasonable response. He would need to first evaluate how the Nigeria military has now reduced to what it is now. There is no way in this world anyone outside the Govt. can claim to have an absolute plan to end insurgency. How much intelligence / Information can anyone outside the Govt. have

And He is so sincere, that He criticised the current Govt. so fairly with reasoning. He was honest enough to say He had no evidence that the FG was aiding Boko Haram.
With regards to corruption, I am even more impressed:
"what we could do without wrecking the boat further, is just to draw a line whichever case that is with the judiciary we allow them to proceed. Anybody in position to handle public funds must be held accountable immediately anything goes wrong, there is a system in place
in every ministry, in every parastatal. "

And that is where the sincerity of purpose becomes even more evident. Unlike the average politician who would promise you heaven and earth, Buhari simply acknowledges that the institutions to fight corruption are already in existence in Nigeria, the only thing to be done is to allow those institutions run accordingly.

Buhari will make a better President. That's all I can say.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 4:54am On Feb 10, 2015
tonyzaks:

Why wld he wen d presido didn't respect himself by lying b4 d world dat we r enjoying 24/7 of electricity
Stop lying. He never said that. He said there had been improvement, and he was right.
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by abagnalie: 9:59am On Feb 10, 2015
GOOD LUCK EBELE JONATHAN HAS NEVER HAD AN INTERVIEW THESE BRILLIANT

I MUST COMMEND GENERAL MOHAMMED BUHARI FOR APPROACHING THOSE QUESTIONS TROWN TO HIM

PRAGMATICALLY.HE HAS GIVEN ME MORE REASONS TO VOTE FOR HIM.

HATERS AND CRITICS KEEP HATING BECAUSE THATS THE BEST YA'ALL CAN DO

SAI BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Ayobami97(m): 10:45am On Feb 10, 2015
Seun:
I have made anti-GEJ comments, pro-GEJ comments, anti-GMB comments and pro-GMB comments. That's the freedom neutrality offers.
so who are you voting for?
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 10, 2015
Tonylyte:

Oga, okuku is part of my village, yala in cross river state, abeg no connect am with buhari(failure)

Hahahaha sorry 000
Stil failbuhariy till GEJ win again*
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Ezehim(m): 3:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
Seun:
GMB should be resting at this point in his life. Advising younger leaders, etc. Not running for a job that can kill a young man. The interviewer really made things easy for him by initially asking questions that favoured him and his answers must have been disappointing to international viewers; his anti-corruption efforts won't be as drastic as they expect and his plan for boko haram is ... non-existent. His answer to the questions about his military rule were effective just because he doesn't look like someone people should be afraid of (but looks are deceiving)
Well said.
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by BetaThings: 6:55pm On Feb 11, 2015
Skillbobralph:
The 1st scene in that video should be our number one concern where he over throne a democratic elected president and that same person want to rule in democracy? I think is not right for him be talking about corrupt people when he is surrounded with the numbers of corrupt persons in Nigeria Tinubu, Atiku, Amaechi and Co. According to Buhari in 2007, he labeled Tinubu as one of the most corrupt politician and now he is heading his campaign. Only God knows where Nigeria is headed to.
But IBB is Jonathan's friend
So what is your point?
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by BetaThings: 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2015
Seun:
GMB should be resting at this point in his life. Advising younger leaders, etc. Not running for a job that can kill a young man. The interviewer really made things easy for him by initially asking questions that favoured him and his answers must have been disappointing to international viewers; his anti-corruption efforts won't be as drastic as they expect and his plan for boko haram is ... non-existent. His answer to the questions about his military rule were effective just because he doesn't look like someone people should be afraid of (but looks are deceiving)

I agree that we need ENERGETIC LOOTERS
who don't care if hundreds of our girls are ravished to death in Sambisa forest!
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by GenIgrigi: 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
ibnakogun:

[s]brain dead son of a LovePeddler, swerve am allergic to holding conversations with factory made phools.[/s]

**grins** eggheader Salam i almost died laughing at your ugly face and bald head when the EOD software revealed your real face. I'm sure the devil spat on your head in annoyance. May God punish you if you do not respond.**LOLS**

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by lumeneng22: 6:34am On Aug 18, 2015
Pensioners should not suffer now that one of their own is at the helm of affairs. Those in court for over 10years now because of injustice meted to them b hu their employers in the areas of cheating/short payment ,and non implementation of some pension grants should be fast rack and get justice or the judge be removed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari Hosts Ooni Of Ife, Sultan Of Sokoto, Emir Of Kano(photos) / Anambra Election: Polling Unit Results Show Obiano Has Won – APGA Chairman, Oye / Bukola Saraki Meets Ademola Adeleke In Osun Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.