Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,801 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan (21375 Views)

Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments / Dino Melaye Set To Sponsor Bill Against Tribal Marks After Seeing This Photo / Fayose Dresses As Bishop In Jerusalem For The Christian Pilgrimage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by MrIncrediible(m): 8:33am On Feb 10, 2015
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by kennyjodeci(m): 8:33am On Feb 10, 2015
Djicemob:
I was actually laughing when i read their senseless comments.I guess some people are paid to hate anything with the name jonathan in it.Jonathan might send one of these guys a billion dollar check and without confirmation,they would run off to the street tongue lashing jonathan for sending them a death threat. grin

Apc supporters should be blamed if buhari loses this coming election
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by dotuna3(m): 8:33am On Feb 10, 2015
meaning wat
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Koroaso: 8:34am On Feb 10, 2015
domack99:
What can of president say such thing for goodness sake. how do we get here

A desperate, sinking PDP weakling
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Montaque(m): 8:34am On Feb 10, 2015
shortgun:
All the people above me didn't read the article.
There is no where he said that.
thank you jare.
Hate message everywhere. Even people I respect on NL are swayed by this fallacy of accent.
The message is different from the title.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 10, 2015
ii
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by allanphash7(m): 8:34am On Feb 10, 2015
i can see how despirate Jonadaunce is , how on earth will a resident like a baby that is living on instruction

what is your gain if u divide this our dear country with RELIGION, TRIBALISM AND NEPOTISM?

have you forgoten our national anthem that says THE LABOUR OF OUR HERO PAST SHALL NEVER BE IN VAIN?

honestly jonah must goooooooooo

this is the time of CHAANGE

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by robinsoncrosoe: 8:36am On Feb 10, 2015
All u fools commenting against gej...read what was written.the title is seriously misleading

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by peteofi(m): 8:37am On Feb 10, 2015
Why didn't the sponsor the Christians? Some governors for the south and East sponsor muslims. So I don't think he drew any religious lines here. My state, Delta sponsors muslims so why can't they sponsor christians?
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Champele(m): 8:37am On Feb 10, 2015
Buhari rule naija 2yrs he no build one school anywhere in Nigeria even his home town. Now the useless idiot and his party open mouth dey insult our able presido wey carry Universities scatter everywhere. Selfish fools. All Pu**y Congress.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by gistmelove(m): 8:38am On Feb 10, 2015
ShineuEye:
[size=15pt]They won't sponsor Christians but would use Christian oil money to send Muslims to Mecca and build Almajiri schools.[/size]

Enough of Northern hegemony, its been going on since the 60s.

u rep MUMU.... Na only xtian get oil rty?? In my lang.. U be ode
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by ShineuEye: 8:39am On Feb 10, 2015
gistmelove:

u rep MUMU.... Na only xtian get oil rty?? In my lang.. U be ode

So go and use moslem oil money, we're tired of leeches and parasites.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by sunkoye: 8:39am On Feb 10, 2015
this pilgrims sponsorship should stop. An avenue that favours looting or corruption.

to get real value....such spiritual exercise must be self-sponsored.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by thefakestan: 8:39am On Feb 10, 2015
Most of the first posters on Niaraland are sponsored ones, most times they dont even read and edit their posts after booking space and spewing rubbish.

The OP's Title is misleading, MODs do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by tammie24: 8:40am On Feb 10, 2015
Gej till further notice
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 10, 2015
omenka:
Just can't stand seeing myself in the mirror. I am more disgusting than dog shiit or anything else.

FIXED! I can feel your pain from here, no wonder you always sound so bitter and frustrated. Take hear yuye. tongue tongue
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 10, 2015
egift:
Jonathan is an Agent of Division. Always playing religious card. No wonder only those who want Nigeria's division that support Jonathan.

must u show urself?. us it dat u didn't read the article or that u read but didn't understand.....
this is wat d president said.....

The President, however, said economic pressure might have forced
the affected state governments to withdraw from sponsoring
pilgrims.
He, however, promised to encourage the affected state governments
on the need to change their stand.
He said, “The only thing I noticed is that various state governments
are trying to withdraw from sponsorship of pilgrimage; maybe
because of the economic pressure on them. But we will encourage
them to do so.
“Luckily, private institutions have shown interest and I believe that
religious bodies, individuals and private institutions will gradually
begin to key into the pilgrimage operations.
“So, if sub-national governments relax a little, the gap will be filled
up

I tired for dis janjawweeeeed

4 Likes

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:41am On Feb 10, 2015
[size=28pt]WHAT ABOUT TRADITIONAL RELIGION?

WHY NOT SPEND SOME MONEY TO INCREASE PILGRIMAGE TO NIGERIAN SHRINES!

WE PAGANS PAY TAX TOO!

WHY ARE YOU FILLING COFFERS OF FOREIGN COUNTRIES ON OUR TAX MONEY!

Fvck foreign religion!

DESTROYING NIGERIA SINCE 1700 AD.

GODS CURSE ON YOU GEJ![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by panch001(m): 8:41am On Feb 10, 2015
How does pilgrimage affect our GDP? Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by MalcoImX: 8:42am On Feb 10, 2015
Waow, I couldn't believe it when I saw this topic. The president should be a symbol of unity not this type of division. Pls Mr. President, we would want it if you will use your powers to stop all government-sponsored pilgrimages, not who is sponsoring more or less.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by nwaanambra1(m): 8:42am On Feb 10, 2015
omenka:
Just can't stand the sight of this man. He disgusts me more than anything else.

i swear! angry angry

no matter how hard i try not but men! everyday the man keeps making it so very hard not to detest him! undecided undecided

GOD FORBID THIS SLOWPOKE TO CONTINUE RULING US AFTER THE ELECTIONS! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by jbaby265(f): 8:42am On Feb 10, 2015
so that is his problem as a president..i dey shake head for naija

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by enigmang: 8:44am On Feb 10, 2015
[size=14pt]
The President, however, said economic pressure might have forced the affected state governments to withdraw from sponsoring pilgrims.
He, however, promised to encourage the affected state governments on the need to change their stand.
He said, “The only thing I noticed is that various state governments are trying to withdraw from sponsorship of pilgrimage; maybe because of the economic pressure on them. But we will encourage them to do so.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by vikyno(m): 8:44am On Feb 10, 2015
egift:
Jonathan is an Agent of Division. Always playing religious card. No wonder only those who want Nigeria's division that support Jonathan.

Abeg park well. Are u sure u read the story at all? I am still looking for where GEJ said so. I think the OP has a sinister motive by mentioning Jonathan instead of Oritsejafor.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Slimmos(m): 8:44am On Feb 10, 2015
pls read b4 commenting.... dis headline is misleading
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 10, 2015
alaoeri:
Imagine what a President is spewing, divide & rule tactics it won't work because you are already on your way to Otuoke.

I am speechless. We should have allowed the hawks around Turai to consume him. See what we brought upon ourselves
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by leke12(m): 8:44am On Feb 10, 2015
People don't really understand GEJ. He doesn't really care about the ASO villa again,his new mission is to brk Nigeria either thru religion or tribe or region. I smell great chaos soon

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by ShineuEye: 8:46am On Feb 10, 2015
ollah1:
I honestly don't know why this is a discussion. Wth would government be sponsoring pilgrimage. If you want to go for it, let is be from ur pockets.

Btw, does southern government sponsor Muslim pilgrimage?

Of course they do, thats the irony of it all.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by jude33084(m): 8:46am On Feb 10, 2015
egift:

Make una dey try to read before commenting I beg una cheesy

The Poster is has bad intention towards Jonathan.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by nwaanambra1(m): 8:46am On Feb 10, 2015
Champele:
Buhari rule naija 2yrs he no build one school anywhere in Nigeria even his home town. Now the useless idiot and his party open mouth dey insult our able presido wey carry Universities scatter everywhere. Selfish fools. All Pu**y Congress.

YOU ARE SUCH A CLUELESS MOFO! cheesy

IF ONLY YOU KNOW THE SITUATION ON GROUND WHEN BUHARI TOOK OVER GOVERNMENT! undecided
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by MalcoImX: 8:46am On Feb 10, 2015
ShineuEye:
[size=15pt]They won't sponsor Christians but would use Christian oil money to send Muslims to Mecca and build Almajiri schools.[/size]

Enough of Northern hegemony, its been going on since the 60s.

Southern states should stop sponsoring pilgrimage for muslims too.

GMB doesn't sponsor pilgrimages, he sponsors terrorism.
Those whose the message is intended have received it.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by zicoraads: 8:46am On Feb 10, 2015
Who is the MOD that pushed this to the FP? Seun...tell you people to thread very, very careful this election period. Thread carefully. A lot of people come to this site for information, so be very careful. Topics that have the capacity to do more harm than good should be treated with care. There was no where in that article where the President mentioned northern states. He said some states and not what the title of the thread suggests. Sadly though, some people don't go through an entire thread before commenting. So, it is left for you and your people to either change the topics or disallow them from getting to your FP. Remember, should incase anything happens because of this, you would be 100 percent guilty in a law court.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Paul Chukwuma Accused Of Sharing Money To Delegates - ThePlatFormNews / I Didn't Collect ₦‎20m From Peter Obi, My Life Under Threat ― Taraba LP Chair / Osinbajo To Attend Tinubu’s APC Presidential Rally For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.