Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan (21374 Views)

Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments / Dino Melaye Set To Sponsor Bill Against Tribal Marks After Seeing This Photo / Fayose Dresses As Bishop In Jerusalem For The Christian Pilgrimage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by mbulela: 8:47am On Feb 10, 2015
Govt had no business sponsoring any one to go on pilgrimage.
If we had lawmakers that were alive together responsibilities, this waste would have been outlawed a long time ago.
These pilgrimages have been nothing but a conduit for pastors and imams to steal public funds. So I understand Pastor Ayo's point of view. Can CAN and SCIA commission a report to ascertain the social and moral benefit of wasting public funds on an exercise that is entirely personal? I challenge them to prove it.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Bawss1(m): 8:47am On Feb 10, 2015
The FG should stop sponsoring pilgrimages altogether. It is a waste of funds, those desirous of visiting Saudi Arabia, Israel or the Vatican should do so with money from their own pockets.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:48am On Feb 10, 2015
[size=28pt]HOW IS THIS SUPPOSED TO HELP INCREASE THE PRODUCTIVITY OF THE NATION?

HE WANTS US TO BECOME MORE CLUELESS LIKE HIM!

GOVT. HAS NO PRIORITY SPONSORING MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS! LET THEM GO TO HELL IF THEY CANT PAY FROM DIA OWN POCKET.

THIS IS GOVERNMENT FUND FOR WELFARE OF THE NATION.

DO SOMETHING FOR TRADITIONAL RELIGION AS WELL!

IT WILL INCREASE TO TOURISM AND REVENUE FOR NIGERIA TOO.

YOU ARE MAD @GEJ
[/size]
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by psalmsjob: 8:49am On Feb 10, 2015
SEHHYTEX:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday expressed concern over the report that northern state governments did not sponsor Christian pilgrims during the 2014 pilgrimage to Israel.

He raised the concern when the leader of the Federal Government’s delegation to the pilgrimage, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, led other members to present their report at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

How many people did Ayo Oritsejafor sponsored himself? The cost of maintenances for his private jet alone can sponsor an entire congregation of a Church but he wouldn't do that afterall the pilgrimage is used to hoodwink followers into reverencing them even more.

You'll hear statements like; "don't you know I'm a JP how dare you question me". But Jesus said "Neither on this mountains nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father for God is Spirit and the true worshipers must worship in Spirit and in truth!"

#VoteForBuhari #VoteForChange #VoteForNigeria #MarchForBuhari

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by aliyusamaila52(m): 8:49am On Feb 10, 2015
Go to the Northern and ask who is sponsoring the Muslim, Every body is sponsoring himself not govt, Govt has no business sponsoring pilgrimage, be it Muslim or christian.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by jude33084(m): 8:50am On Feb 10, 2015
alaoeri:
Imagine what a President is spewing, divide & rule tactics it won't work because you are already on your way to Otuoke.

80% of Nlanders are dumb.

Try to read and comprehend before you comment on any topic. angry

A failed educational system alert cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Dovy: 8:50am On Feb 10, 2015
You are making noise ur $2.8 Billion looter General can never rule dis nation . Ask Fela
Koroaso:
The slayer of corruption.
The terrorizer of looters.
The defender of the masses.
The no-nonsense general.
The most popular man in Nigeria.
The political enigma.
The only politician who can get millions without renting a crowd.
The man with a cult-like followership.

The persistent one!
PDP's worst nightmare.

All welcome Nigeria's incoming president
President Muhammadu Buhari. GCFR

NIGERIANS WANT GMB/PYO 2015
ASARI DOKUBO/TOMPOLO/ORITSEJAFOR/SHEKAU/BOKO HARAM WANT GEJ 2015
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by dre11(m): 8:51am On Feb 10, 2015
He said, “The only thing I noticed is that various state governments are trying to withdraw from sponsorship of pilgrimage; maybe because of the economic pressure on them. But we will encourage them to do so.

Do I blame them when the purse is getting lean and overhead cost is on the increase

And when will our government sperate it self from sponsoring those religious rite and leave it to individual and private companies and investors because governoring is become expensive these days
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Samunique(m): 8:54am On Feb 10, 2015
shortgun:
All the people above me didn't read the article.
There is no where he said that.
The topic of the thread is misleading and mischievous, and does not reflect the contents of the article.

And some who are with bias mind did not even bother to read it before starting to bash GEJ.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Kog45(m): 8:56am On Feb 10, 2015
Djicemob:
I was actually laughing when i read their senseless comments.I guess some people are paid to hate anything with the name jonathan in it.Jonathan might send one of these guys a billion dollar check and without confirmation,they would run off to the street tongue lashing jonathan for sending them a death threat. grin
Just the way you are paid to hate anything on Buhari.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by alaoeri: 8:58am On Feb 10, 2015
jude33084:

80% of Nlanders are dumb.

Try to read and comprehend before you comment on any topic. angry

A failed educational system alert cheesy
STFU dingbat, if Buhari said southern governors ain't assisting Muslim pilgrimage, what will eediat like you will say? Oh Buhari wanna islamatize Nigeria, fvcking hypocrite.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by hammariise(m): 8:58am On Feb 10, 2015
NINCOMPOOP
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by pring: 8:59am On Feb 10, 2015
GEJ keeps creating divisions.
I wish the fire will consume you when it rages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Pffft: 8:59am On Feb 10, 2015
Come on people!!! Do we food in our nose The title is totally misleading, and here most of us did not read the content and we are spewing hate. Nigerians!!!! Please Let us look before we leap.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by freshness2020: 9:00am On Feb 10, 2015
chronique:
I'm seriously wondering if the posters above me understand what they read. The title is different from the message. Smh.
The OP is an APC apologist!
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by rashmo: 9:00am On Feb 10, 2015
Match1-M
Match2-U
Match3-H
Match4-A
Match5-M
Match6-M
Match7-A
Match8-D
Match9-U
Match10-B
Match11-U
Match12-H
Match13-A
Match14-R
Match15-I
Match16-Y
Match17-E
Match18-M
Match19-I
Match20-O
Match21-S
Match22-I
Match23-B
Match24-A
Match25-N
Match26-J
Match27-O
Match28 -Match4Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by MalcoImX: 9:00am On Feb 10, 2015
ichidodo:
But they will share Christian oil....shout one Nigeria but insist they are born to rule her citizens capsulate that idealogy into a slogan or catchy jingo especially those used to incite almajiris to massacre Youth corpers-with the help of selfish collabos from the south- like "change" or "sai Buhari' and they are good to go..
Christian oil?
Christian water?
Christian money?
Christian soil?
Christian air?
Christian market?
Christian Constitution?
|
Continue to dey divide!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 10, 2015
alekside:
All we keep hearing from our so called RULERS is "Northern", "Southern", "South West", "South East", "North central" et al. When did we become this divided?

we bacame this divided since the amalgamation. Dont forget that these regions where brought together by the british. hence there will always be reference to the original divide of the regions.

more so, do you know of the events that lead to the Nigerian civil war of 1967(biafran war)? well, if you dig down in history, you will find out that we have always been divided and only pretending to be united as one Nigeria.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by alex1612: 9:01am On Feb 10, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan is agent of division causing chaos in the nation to prolong his tenure if people fall to his plans. God will flush them out, now we can see, Boko Haram sponsor and statemen for them. Boko Haram u couldn't conquer in good six years, now u want to conquer in six weeks. God help Nigeria from weaked dictator rulers and send us a leader. Amen

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by MalcoImX: 9:02am On Feb 10, 2015
freshness2020:

The OP is an APC apologist!
The OP didn't change the title. That's how Punch titled it.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by saintneo(m): 9:05am On Feb 10, 2015
egift:
Jonathan is an Agent of Division. Always playing religious card. No wonder only those who want Nigeria's division that support Jonathan.

What agent are you egift? An agent of deceit?

There are substantial amount of Christians in the North; SGs in the North sponsor Muslims to the Hajj, then the Christians of these states should be sponsored too. If we truly want equality, equity and fairness, we should stop all these discrimination.

**edited with respect to Pagan9ja input**
Pilgrimage should be personal; however until all arms of government stop sponsorship I will continue to demand for equity, fairness and equality.

By the way egift, I know you have got many handles on Nairaland; consequently, I am expecting your reply using your other handles.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by freshness2020: 9:05am On Feb 10, 2015
MalcoImX:
The OP didn't change the title. That's how Punch titled it.
Then we know who the apologist is!

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by juman(m): 9:05am On Feb 10, 2015
This president is a divisive leader. Too much.

Probably obasanjo was the most balanced leader in nigeria history.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 10, 2015
CLUELESSNESS RE-DEFINED! Why shuld any govt sponsor pilgrimage be it xtian or muslim? Arrant rawbishness! #CHANGE!
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by arewaqueen: 9:07am On Feb 10, 2015
The title is very misleading. its totally different from the article. However, northern states do not sponsor but subsidize hajj operations. For example Hajj 2014 cost 1m to 2million naira if going through a private agent but going through state government cost about 900,000.

So this is subsidy and am sure is the same as the christian pilgrimage.

Also going on Pilgrimage is an important pillar of Islam. I dont know of Christianity though.

However, I strongly believe that the government has no business participating in Religious things. This should be left solely to private individuals. As religion is a personal thing not national

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by yeahh(m): 9:08am On Feb 10, 2015
shortgun:
All the people above me didn't read the article.
There is no where he said that.
GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by lovelife206(m): 9:09am On Feb 10, 2015
Johnnyessence:
this is a big fat lie from Gej .he will be disappointed on march 28.

Insha Allah
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by ichidodo: 9:09am On Feb 10, 2015
MalcoImX:
Christian oil?
Christian water?
Christian money?
Christian soil?
Christian air?
Christian market?
Christian Constitution?
|
Continue to dey divide!
Better we go with our oil than share it with hypocrites,parasites and illiterates....
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:11am On Feb 10, 2015
saintneo:

What agent are you egift? An agent of deceit?

There are substantial amount of Christians in the North; SGs in the North sponsor Muslims to the Hajj, then the Christians of these states should be sponsored too. If we truly want equality, equity and fairness, we should stop all these discrimination.

By the way egift, I know you have got many handles on Nairaland; consequently, I am expecting your reply using your other handles.

What about discrimination against Pagans?

You berra shut your mouth abeg.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:12am On Feb 10, 2015
arewaqueen:
The title is very misleading. its totally different from the article. However, northern states do not sponsor but subsidize hajj operations. For example Hajj 2014 cost 1m to 2million naira if going through a private agent but going through state government cost about 900,000.

So this is subsidy and am sure is the same as the christian pilgrimage.

Also going on Pilgrimage is an important pillar of Islam. I dont know of Christianity though.

However, I strongly believe that the government has no business participating in Religious things. This should be left solely to private individuals. As religion is a personal thing not national

What about Pillar of Traditional Nigerian Religions?

Give us subsidy for festivals , renovate and build shrines and to perform sacrifices

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by MalcoImX: 9:15am On Feb 10, 2015
ichidodo:
Better we go with our oil than share it with hypocrites,parasites and illiterates....
This oil you're sharing. There's God oooo!
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 10, 2015
ShineuEye:
[size=15pt]They won't sponsor Christians but would use Christian oil money to send Muslims to Mecca and build Almajiri schools.[/size]

Enough of Northern hegemony, its been going on since the 60s.

Correction...until GEJ's recent investment in Almajiri schools, most Northern governments did not invest directly in Almajiri schools. Maybe indirectly....or maybe they set up colleges for higher Islamic studies (whose curricula must be approved by the Ministry of Education).

Southern states should stop sponsoring pilgrimage for muslims too.

While I agree with you....your southern brethren that are Muslims would tell you off.

Sometimes in Govt.....you have to take ''bad'''decisions.

GMB doesn't sponsor pilgrimages, he sponsors terrorism.

Rather strange for a man to be sponsoring the same people who tried to kill him . Either he has strange tastes....or you are making unfounded allegations borne out of hate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Fayemi Denies Attending World Economic Forum In South Africa / Buhari Projects Amina Mohammed As Next Un’s Secretary-general / Paul Chukwuma Accused Of Sharing Money To Delegates - ThePlatFormNews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.