Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan (21377 Views)

Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments / Dino Melaye Set To Sponsor Bill Against Tribal Marks After Seeing This Photo / Fayose Dresses As Bishop In Jerusalem For The Christian Pilgrimage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by anonimi: 10:54am On Feb 10, 2015
Change2015:

Perfect!
I'm even wondering who started this pilgrimage for Christians business or if it is just a case of you chop I chop based on religion.

#change
#GMB
#APC

Where was Brigadier Tunde Idiagbon when the August coup by IBB took place?
In Saudi Arabi on pilgimage with his UNDERAGED son, all sponsored by the HYPOCRITE Buhari's government.

Meanwhile APCheat's excellent governor of Lagos state goes to Mecca TWICE a year for pilgrimage and many of their political meetings and alliances on how to share Niger Delta oil wealth are done there.

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN (right), Lagos State Commissioner for Home Affairs and Culture, Hon. Oyinlola Danmole (middle) and his predecessor in office, Alhaji Tunde Balogun (left) during a Tafsir programme and Special Prayers for the Nation organized by the Lagos State Moslem Pilgrims Welfare Board in Mecca, Saudi Arabia at this year’s Lesser Hajj (Umrah) on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Source: http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/07/31/in-pictures-gov-fashola-dangote-tambuwal-at-2014-lesser-hajj/

If una want remain mumu na una sabi oh.
Me I don liberate myself.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2110433_photogrid1423507310454_jpeg15665798139e20373fd1ab95e35707b5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 11:01am On Feb 10, 2015
Change2015:

Perfect!
I'm even wondering who started this pilgrimage for Christians business or if it is just a case of you chop I chop based on religion.

THAT'S WHY SPONSORSHIP OF PILGRIMS TO ISRAEL AND MECCA SHOULD NOT BE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE GOVERNMENT.

ASKING FOR WHO STARTED CHRISTIAN PILGRIMAGE IS THE SAME AS ASKING WHO STARTED MUSLIM PILGRIMAGE.

THE ONLY WAY GOVERNMENT SHOULD COMMIT MONEY TO SPIRITUAL NEEDS OF PEOPLE IS THROUGH EDUCATION ON RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES, and by securing peaceful environment that accommodates right to worship and express one's religious views.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Brugo(m): 11:28am On Feb 10, 2015
ShineuEye:
[size=15pt]They won't sponsor Christians but would use Christian oil money to send Muslims to Mecca and build Almajiri schools.[/size]

Enough of Northern hegemony, its been going on since the 60s.

Southern states should stop sponsoring pilgrimage for muslims too.

GMB doesn't sponsor pilgrimages, he sponsors terrorism.

Christian Oil money? Asari Dokubo is a Muslim.

There are Muslims in delta, bayelsa and rivers.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:29am On Feb 10, 2015
kodded:

now that is better cheesy

Na ur papa dey mad. Dan shege.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:30am On Feb 10, 2015
saintneo:

lol!

Go and demand your allocation, I am here to speak for my people. If we really want this country to move forward then this sponsorship should be stopped completely. Pilgrimage should be personal; however, until all arms of government stop sponsorship I will continue to demand for equity, fairness and equality.

Stfu!
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by viczing(m): 11:47am On Feb 10, 2015
Koroaso:

l make more than gej

if he doesnt loot

money no go make sell your mama

Please speak good english undecided undecided
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Change2015(m): 11:53am On Feb 10, 2015
Rexyl:

THAT'S WHY SPONSORSHIP OF PILGRIMS TO ISRAEL AND MECCA SHOULD NOT BE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE GOVERNMENT.

ASKING FOR WHO STARTED CHRISTIAN PILGRIMAGE IS THE SAME AS ASKING WHO STARTED MUSLIM PILGRIMAGE.

THE ONLY WAY GOVERNMENT SHOULD COMMIT MONEY TO SPIRITUAL NEEDS OF PEOPLE IS THROUGH EDUCATION ON RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES, and by securing peaceful environment that accommodates right to worship and express one's religious views.

You are missing the point. When did pilgrimage become a part of Christian faith, that is what I ask? Do American Christians, British, French, Italian, Brazilian, Chinese, south African, etc, do they consider it a part of their faith to visit Jerusalem? Where in the bible is it recommended?
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by mickeymimi: 12:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
Please stop inciting religious acrimony and spreading hatred among the people. Is the sponsoring of pilgrims be it christians or muslims a constitutional obligation? What has sponsoring a religious pilgrims got to do with improving the economy.

The President is campaigning for the use of tax payers money to fund overseas travels of some people on purely private religious trips.

The legislature should now enact laws that prohibit governments from spending public money on any form of religious matters, there are churches and mosques all over the place in Abuja, including Aso Rock.

Christians can be sponsored on holy pilgrimages by the jet-flying bishops and pastors from part of their billion naira investments.

Muslims can seek private support from OIC or anywhere else but not from public money.

Our faith is personal,to go on pilgrimage ,a journey to know more of God should be a sacrifice on your account.

Those who have been going how had it affected their lives and what impact has it had on our nation? Muslim quran says you can go to mecca if you have financial capacity not with public money while no verses in bible mention visiting of jerusalem.

You went to Israel on Christian pilgrimage only to come back and say stealing is not corruption. you try.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by saintneo(m): 12:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Stfu!
shut the fuüçk up!
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2015
Change2015:

You are missing the point. When did pilgrimage become a part of Christian faith, that is what I ask? Do American Christians, British, French, Italian, Brazilian, Chinese, south African, etc, do they consider it a part of their faith to visit Jerusalem? Where in the bible is it recommended?

What I am trying to explain is, whether pilgrimage is part of faith or not, should it be responsibility of government to sponsor it?

of

evangelism is part of my faith as Christian, and pilgrimage is part of your faith as Moslems and both need money to be relevant as the key pillars of faith. Now is the government sponsoring evangelism (Christian spiritual pillar) the way Moslem journey to Saudi Arabia is being sponsored? If justice can't be done between the two, the government should better stop being partial.

We have successfully done evangelism without demanding from the government, we have expected government to spend such money on public needs, which is still part of evangelism.

Maybe State's budget should be prepared henceforth to finance 1 Evangelism and 2 Moslem pilgrimage, with equal amount every year.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:42pm On Feb 10, 2015
saintneo:
shut the fuüçk up!

Shut your yansh.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by mickeymimi: 1:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
Rexyl:

What I am trying to explain is, whether pilgrimage is part of faith or not, should it be responsibility of government to sponsor it?

of

evangelism is part of my faith as Christian, and pilgrimage is part of your faith as Moslems and both need money to be relevant as the key pillars of faith. Now is the government sponsoring evangelism (Christian spiritual pillar) the way Moslem journey to Saudi Arabia is being sponsored? If justice can't be done between the two, the government should better stop being partial.

We have successfully done evangelism without demanding from the government, we have expected government to spend such money on public needs, which is still part of evangelism.

Maybe State's budget should be prepared henceforth to finance 1 Evangelism and 2 Moslem pilgrimage, with equal amount every year.

Bros Nigeria as a secular nation is made up largely of highly developed and diversified religious groups. Apart from Christianity and Islam, which are the most widely practised, there are numerous local faiths grouped together as Traditional Religions or Traditional/Oriental and they do have their own festive period just like the Christians and Moslems.

Religious Groups such as
- Orunmilia
- Secret Societies (Egungun Group)
- Eckankar Group
- The Hare Krisha Movement, and Bahai Movements
- Brotherhood of the Cross and Star or Olumba Olumba Obu Movement
- others

For equity and fair play, it is right to consider other religion when sponsoring pilgrimage. Otherwise it shouldn't be done at all. the issue of a person's faith or religion is personal and should not have anything to do with government.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by saintneo(m): 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Shut your yansh.

open your mouth make I poo inside ..... anüöfïa!
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by EdwinOse: 2:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
egift:
Jonathan is an Agent of Division. Always playing religious card. No wonder only those who want Nigeria's division that support Jonathan.

You dumbo, did you even bother to read the post? There is no place where Jonathan made any statement capable of causing disaffection against those states that failed to sponsor Christians to pilgrimages. Why this hatred? We can't make progress as a nation if we go on like this.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by BMZK: 2:19pm On Feb 10, 2015
GMB opinion on pilgrimage:

Do you go to Mecca? When last were you in Mecca?

I did not know you were following me so closely. The last time I was in Mecca was 12 years ago. Somebody asked me this question why was I do not go to Mecca like some others and I told him that I come from a big family in terms of numbers. And with the collapse of education, I have to make bigger contributions to the education of members of my family. Again with the collapse of the health facilities, these are immediate requirements for majority of Nigerian families. So I have less money to go to Mecca because I have to contribute to the education of blood relations. ( BUHARI)

So should the state fund anybody to Jerusalem or Mecca?

My opinion is no. As far as Islam is concerned, going to Mecca is your personal business. (BUHARI)

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-in-quest-to-secure-nigeria/196454/#.VI0y7h9CmdI.facebook

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by annurhaske(m): 2:19pm On Feb 10, 2015
U can sponsor them no bi barawo u bi?
Religious and tribal political advantage
Is no longer possible now, the youth
Of nigeria are wise enough.

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Plus10(m): 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2015
I am yet to find where he made such statement in the article.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Change2015(m): 2:44pm On Feb 10, 2015
Rexyl:

of

I understand your point but I still insist that pilgrimage is not a christian requirement. Why must we say if one religion does it, we must get our share? That is the Nigerian attitude, not Christianity talking. And for sure, I support Buhari’s call to end all government involvement in such matters. In fact I do not even consider that the government should have any regard for the state of religion whether good or bad. People that can't provide ordinary electricity want to advise you on spiritual matters? Not their business at all.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Change2015(m): 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
Rexyl:

I am a christian, but what I suspect is that it was Christians who went to government and said, if you are sponsoring Muslims on pilgrimage to mecca then we too want to be going to Jerusalem. The Muslim faith calls for pilgrimage, if the person is able (within their own means and not by government subsidy I'm sure), but what I see is the tit for tat blackmail that is destroying Nigeria. Why should we say we want our share of a bad idea? As someone else has already pointed out, the implications are that one day we will be paying for Mormons to go to utah, USA, and hare krishna to go to India. What Christians should have said from the beginning is that government should not ever finance the private faith of individuals.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Koroaso: 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
viczing:

Please speak good english undecided undecided

I speak better English than patience jonathan

Even self I no go school smiley.

How u like them apples?
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 3:47pm On Feb 10, 2015
mickeymimi:

Bros Nigeria as a secular nation is made up largely of highly developed and diversified religious groups. Apart from Christianity and Islam, which are the most widely practised, there are numerous local faiths grouped together as Traditional Religions or Traditional/Oriental and they do have their own festive period just like the Christians and Moslems.

Religious Groups such as
- Orunmilia
- Secret Societies (Egungun Group)
- Eckankar Group
- The Hare Krisha Movement, and Bahai Movements
- Brotherhood of the Cross and Star or Olumba Olumba Obu Movement
- others

For equity and fair play, it is right to consider other religion when sponsoring pilgrimage. Otherwise it shouldn't be done at all. the issue of a person's faith or religion is personal and should not have anything to do with government.

Just as I have argued times without number, religion is personal decision to serve whoever or whatever is believed as the Creator and Redeemer. I wouldn't know why public funds should be wasted on personal projects. If it is the constitution that allows doing so, such constitution is deficient and needs urgent amendment.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2015
Change2015:

I am a christian, but what I suspect is that it was Christians who went to government and said, if you are sponsoring Muslims on pilgrimage to mecca then we too want to be going to Jerusalem. The Muslim faith calls for pilgrimage, if the person is able (within their own means and not by government subsidy I'm sure), but what I see is the tit for tat blackmail that is destroying Nigeria. Why should we say we want our share of a bad idea? As someone else has already pointed out, the implications are that one day we will be paying for Mormons to go to utah, USA, and hare krishna to go to India. What Christians should have said from the beginning is that government should not ever finance the private faith of individuals.

when did that happen? Or may I ask when exactly government was trapped to be sponsoring pilgrimage in Nigeria? We might not know the time probably we were not born, but this time around we must rise to set the government free from religious bondage.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
Change2015:

I understand your point but I still insist that pilgrimage is not a christian requirement. Why must we say if one religion does it, we must get our share? That is the Nigerian attitude, not Christianity talking. And for sure, I support Buhari’s call to end all government involvement in such matters. In fact I do not even consider that the government should have any regard for the state of religion whether good or bad. People that can't provide ordinary electricity want to advise you on spiritual matters? Not their business at all.

see your response, so to you fair play is irrelevant. Why are you wasting your time shouting CHANGE if justice and equity are not meant for all.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Charlotte15: 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
I hope people are aware that the northerners also have oil and the states affected by boko haram ( i.e Yobe, Borno, Gombe and Adamawa ) all fall along the chad basin which had loads and loads of reserves. Cameroon and Chad all benefit from the oil in these parts plus France. Modu sheriff, Jonathan's boko haram go between has heavy investments there.

People in the Niger Delta should stop thinking oil is their exclusive preserve. Nigeria is just blessed with natural resources but unlucky with the quality of leaders.

Let's stop slowing these politicians to deceive us by this Christian Muslim ethnic nonsense. There's plenty to go round. The people using boko haram are using them to dislodge the people there to take their oil. What happened in the DRC is exactly what is playing out in the north east. We need a strong leader to run the affairs of this country and stop the rape of our natural resources.

Vote wisely vote GMB

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by mfm04622: 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
shortgun:
All the people above me didn't read the article.
There is no where he said that.

Go and re-read the first line!
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Change2015(m): 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
Rexyl:

see your response, so to you fair play is irrelevant. Why are you wasting your time shouting CHANGE if justice and equity are not meant for all.

Don't get it twisted. The point is simple, and you even acknowledge it even as you call it 'fair play'. Our faith does not call for pilgrimage. Whatever Nigeria does thereafter does not make it a christian act or duty. Instead of insisting that government hands off such enterprises, you see the possibility of 'getting you own share'. That is the tragedy of Nigeria. The momentum is always in the wrong direction. People always looking for their share in preference to doing what is sensible and proper.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by akomst: 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
omenka:
Just can't stand the sight of this man. He disgusts me more than anything else.
Seriously !
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 6:13pm On Feb 10, 2015
Change2015:

Don't get it twisted. The point is simple, and you even acknowledge it even as you call it 'fair play'. Our faith foes not call for pilgrimage. Whatever Nigeria does thereafter does not make it a christian act or duty. Instead of insisting that government hands off such enterprises, you see the possibility of 'getting you own share'. That is the tragedy of Nigeria. The momentum is always in the wrong direction. People always looking for their share in preference to doing what is sensible and proper.

Government should be about fair play and seeing what is good for goose also flowing to gander. It's about equity and justice.

Pls don't mind what I deleted from you post.... until it has meaning to all...
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by babadee1(m): 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Off topic....but I think the Osun state Govt does help sponsor the Osun festival.

But you Traditionalists do need more from our govt...which is why you should get more active in politics.

The Osun festival is a revenue generating event for the state. Any money spent on it by the Osun state govt is an investment. The govt at every level should not be involved in putting money into religion for any reason, whether pilgrimage or otherwise, because religion is a personal and private endeavour.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Billygee2u: 7:19pm On Feb 10, 2015
shortgun:
All the people above me didn't read the article.
There is no where he said that.
they read without understanding ,coupled with hatred in their hearts .
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Applaner: 7:27pm On Feb 10, 2015
LRNZH:
GMB's position is clear.... Gov't has no business sponsoring pilgrimage, be it Muslim or Christian.

Nigeria and misplaced priorities since PDP 1999.

BT they ve interest in sponsoring marriages

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shehu Sani remains Kaduna Central senatorial candidate, APC insists / Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education / Multi-million Projects To Northern States Meant To Promote Unity, NNPC Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.