Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan (21376 Views)

Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments / Dino Melaye Set To Sponsor Bill Against Tribal Marks After Seeing This Photo / Fayose Dresses As Bishop In Jerusalem For The Christian Pilgrimage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 10, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
[size=18pt]HOW IS THIS SUPPOSED TO HELP INCREASE THE PRODUCTIVITY OF THE NATION?

HE WANTS US TO BECOME MORE CLUELESS LIKE HIM!

GOVT. HAS NO PRIORITY SPONSORING MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS! LET THEM GO TO HELL IF THEY CANT PAY FROM DIA OWN POCKET.

THIS IS GOVERNMENT FUND FOR WELFARE OF THE NATION.

DO SOMETHING FOR TRADITIONAL RELIGION AS WELL!

IT WILL INCREASE TO TOURISM AND REVENUE FOR NIGERIA TOO.

YOU ARE MAD @GEJ
[/size]

Off topic....but I think the Osun state Govt does help sponsor the Osun festival.

But you Traditionalists do need more from our govt...which is why you should get more active in politics.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:22am On Feb 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Off topic....but I think the Osun state Govt does help sponsor the Osun festival.

But you Traditionalists do need more from our govt...which is why you should get more active in politics.

Thats the only Govt. In Nigeria that helps us thnx to Ogbeni.

But we need National Recognition.

The problem is our numbers. We dont have strength or support to get into politics.

Its not Off Topic btw.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by viczing(m): 9:23am On Feb 10, 2015
Koroaso:
The slayer of corruption.
The terrorizer of looters.
The defender of the masses.
The no-nonsense general.
The most popular man in Nigeria.
The political enigma.
The only politician who can get millions without renting a crowd.
The man with a cult-like followership.

The persistent one!
PDP's worst nightmare.

All welcome Nigeria's incoming president
President Muhammadu Buhari. GCFR

NIGERIANS WANT GMB/PYO 2015
ASARI DOKUBO/TOMPOLO/ORITSEJAFOR/SHEKAU/BOKO HARAM WANT GEJ 2015

Please how much were you paid? Is there still vacancy? I think I need this job aw do a better one than yours. Onye ara
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by arewaqueen: 9:25am On Feb 10, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

What about Pillar of Traditional Nigerian Religions?

Give us subsidy for festivals , renovate and build shrines and to perform sacrifices

Lool! Pagan9ja. I believe you are Hausa. I also wanted to ask you a question please. You once posted a picture of you in F.G.C Sokoto in 1977/1978. Please is that you? I wanted to ask then but I forgot.

Coming down to the religion thing. I personally do not have a problem with subsidy for traditional religions. To be fair if the government cannot give to all then they should simply scrap it.

Ba ruwan gwannati da shiga maganar addini
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by saintneo(m): 9:26am On Feb 10, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

What about discrimination against Pagans?

You berra shut your mouth abeg.

lol!

Go and demand your allocation, I am here to speak for my people. If we really want this country to move forward then this sponsorship should be stopped completely. Pilgrimage should be personal; however, until all arms of government stop sponsorship I will continue to demand for equity, fairness and equality.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by jamesbawa(m): 9:26am On Feb 10, 2015
ichidodo:
But they will share Christian oil....shout one Nigeria but insist they are born to rule her citizens capsulate that idealogy into a slogan or catchy jingo especially those used to incite almajiris to massacre Youth corpers-with the help of selfish collabos from the south- like "change" or "sai Buhari' and they are good to go..
christian oil??... u mean there re no muslim S-southerners
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Onliie(m): 9:27am On Feb 10, 2015
LRNZH:
GMB's position is clear.... Gov't has no business sponsoring pilgrimage, be it Muslim or Christian.

Nigeria and misplaced priorities since PDP 1999.
How do you know, did he tell you?
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Uncletony(m): 9:34am On Feb 10, 2015
egift:
Jonathan is an Agent of Division. Always playing religious card. No wonder only those who want Nigeria's division that support Jonathan.

I dnt think u read d post!..u only saw d confused caption!!..contraditing APC propangandists dnt even kwn who to accuse. GEJ or CAN president!!..yeye post!!!
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by kodded(m): 9:36am On Feb 10, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
[size=28pt]HOW IS THIS SUPPOSED TO HELP INCREASE THE PRODUCTIVITY OF MY FAMILY?

I WANTS US TO BECOME MORE CLUELESS LIKE ME!

I HAVE NO PRIORITY SPONSORING MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS! LET MY FATHER GO TO HELL IF HE CANT PAY FROM HIS OWN POCKET.

THIS IS MY FUND FOR WELFARE OF MY FAMILY

DO SOMETHING FOR TRADITIONAL RELIGION AS WELL!

IT WILL INCREASE TO TOURISM AND REVENUE FOR MY FAMILY TOO.

I AM MAD @NAIRALAND
[/size]
now that is better cheesy
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 10, 2015
J12:

Cameroon is not far, or you can go to Liberia if you don't understand french. Because as e be so, it is GEJ till 2019 - hatred, frustration, poverty and sorrow may be bring your life to an abrupt end before then.
You must be frustrated, poor and sorrowful yourself to know that.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by eagleeyez: 9:41am On Feb 10, 2015
egift:
Jonathan is an Agent of Division. Always playing religious card. No wonder only those who want Nigeria's division that support Jonathan.

Word!.don't know what isa wrong with him. This is low and absolutely wicked. This is all for his selfish political agenda. He is not worthy of being a leader of any kind not even boys scouts.
He lacks charisma, leader ship skills, xconfidence etc.

Seriously I hate the man
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by golddeejay(m): 9:42am On Feb 10, 2015
one of d many problem...d government dont just get its priority right. Why will a govt be paying for any pilgrimage when der are many issues on ground. Going to pilgrimage shd be a personal thing. Nw dis is been as a the instrument of disunity...what do d jona want to acheive wit dis...so christians shd not vote for a northener. Smh
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by kodded(m): 9:44am On Feb 10, 2015
[quote author=Champele post=30590900]Buhari rule naija 2yrs he no build one school anywhere in Nigeria even his home town. Now the useless idiot and his party open mouth dey insult our able presido wey carry Universities scatter everywhere. Selfish fools. [/b]All Pu**y Congres[b]/s.[quote]
cheesy cheesy
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 10, 2015
[size=18pt]Same old strategy..... divide and rule will not work this time around..... Nigeria does not want nor need you and your cohorts....... You have all failed to the point of no redemption, otueke straight!!! Abati, doyin okupe, come back to Ogun state and come get your punishments, Shameless Bastards of our land!![/size]
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by lapo(m): 9:47am On Feb 10, 2015
Nigeria is not well structured. What are these clerics (muslins or christians) doing at d corridor of power. Why are we wasting money on what is supposed to be private affairs. The sane way the mad people in government glorify thugs and touts and make them millionaires overnight. Big INSULTS.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by ITbomb(m): 9:49am On Feb 10, 2015
Seun, 5 years from today, someone would post a screenshot of this misleading thread and the fine print would be too small to read the contents. He will accept the misleading information as truth and posterity would judge you for allowing the misleading title to stay up.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by luvmijeje(f): 9:51am On Feb 10, 2015
omenka:
Just can't stand the sight of this man. He disgusts me more than anything else.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Alfranco(m): 10:03am On Feb 10, 2015
Djicemob:
I was actually laughing when i read their senseless comments.I guess some people are paid to hate anything with the name jonathan in it.Jonathan might send one of these guys a billion dollar check and without confirmation,they would run off to the street tongue lashing jonathan for sending them a death threat. grin

Your observation is shared bro. Imagine the quality of are youths.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by mavinc4u(f): 10:08am On Feb 10, 2015
My people perish because they lack wisdom and knowledge.

All in the name of trying to paint GEJ black, some people were busy displaying their stupidity. If people cannot understand a clear message as this, I wonder what is left in their brains.

The message says; CAN president brought a christian pilgrimage issue to GEJ telling him that Northern Governors did not sponsor christian's pilgrimage and GEJ handled the issue professionally by telling the CAN president that economy might have caused it and he also narrated some options they are looking at as regards to sponsoring any pilgrimage.

You guys should remove the cowebs of hatred and read the message again

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by wirinet(m): 10:15am On Feb 10, 2015
ShineuEye:
[size=15pt]They won't sponsor Christians but would use Christian oil money to send Muslims to Mecca and build Almajiri schools.[/size]

Enough of Northern hegemony, its been going on since the 60s.

Southern states should stop sponsoring pilgrimage for muslims too.

GMB doesn't sponsor pilgrimages, he sponsors terrorism.

Why should government (any government) use tax payers money to sponsor pilgrimages ( a personal spiritual exercise)? Jonathan should also consider sponsoring me to a pilgrimage ( relaxing holiday) to Bali.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Koroaso: 10:16am On Feb 10, 2015
viczing:

Please how much were you paid? Is there still vacancy? I think I need this job aw do a better one than yours. Onye ara

l make more than gej

if he doesnt loot

money no go make sell your mama
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 10:17am On Feb 10, 2015
LRNZH:
GMB's position is clear.... Gov't has no business sponsoring pilgrimage, be it Muslim or Christian.

mavinc4u:
My people perish because they lack wisdom and knowledge.

All in the name of trying to paint GEJ black, some people were busy displaying their stupidity. If people cannot understand a clear message as this, I wonder what is left in their brains.

The message says; CAN president brought a christian pilgrimage issue to GEJ telling him that Northern Governors did not sponsor christian's pilgrimage and GEJ handled the issue professionally by telling the CAN president that economy might have caused it and he also narrated some options they are looking at as regards to sponsoring any pilgrimage.

You guys should remove the cowebs of hatred and read the message again

Our constitution should be free of religious bias that promotes bigotry. Sponsoring of pilgrimage to either Israel or Saudi Arabia should be stopped. The millions of Naira being wasted on the exercise could have been used to strengthen economy and provide jobs for the youths. Also, the constitution should not promote sharia while other religious laws are disregarded. Allowing that will never guarantee a stable country of our dream.

Those saying Jonathan is destroying the country with religion are not truthful. So he shouldn't expose the injustice and seek for correction. Both Christians and Muslims of the North make the States and contribute to State's treasury for economic development. Why should the government be partial on the needs of all?
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by lomprico(m): 10:20am On Feb 10, 2015
And you foolishly attended the oic meeting! Dunce!
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Koroaso: 10:22am On Feb 10, 2015
Dovy:
You are making noise ur $2.8 Billion looter General can never rule dis nation . Ask Fela

LOL.....ITS TOO LATE
GMB/PYO 2015

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by ribbit: 10:25am On Feb 10, 2015
LRNZH:

as an atheist.. that's one of the reasons why i'm considering voting for buhari.

why waste my tax to fly some people i dont know to someplaces i dont give a fhuck about. jonathan must definitely go. his bigotry is affecting us all.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by LadyAmaka(f): 10:25am On Feb 10, 2015
Whatever you rant about GEJ does not make any difference and it will return back to you. He who does not respect leaders can never be a leader. Stop showcasing your frustration on social network. GEJ is not the cause of it.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Edusouls(m): 10:28am On Feb 10, 2015
J12:

Cameroon is not far, or you can go to Liberia if you don't understand french. Because as e be so, it is GEJ till 2019 - hatred, frustration, poverty and sorrow may be bring your life to an abrupt end before then.
all these wishes you said is already reigning supreme in ur own life, cos the man u re supporting is slowly playing ur future into the pits of doom..
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by babestella: 10:29am On Feb 10, 2015
GEJ only expressed concern on a report that was sent to him. He did not say northern governors were not sponsoring Christian pilgrims. I don't know why people do t read and understand a message. The OP is also being mischievous, the title is wrong. Please stop misleading the populace.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Goodays(m): 10:39am On Feb 10, 2015
egift:

Did you read the whole context at all. The president was making emphasis on the economic status of those States.
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 10:44am On Feb 10, 2015
panch001:
How does pilgrimage affect our GDP? Nonsense!!

Majority of the people are tax payers, let's the government begin to sponsor all people on pilgrimage you will see within few years GDP will reduce to nothing. Using the public money to sponsor pilgrims is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. Those nations are wealthier and influential than Nigeria, still we impoverish ourselves to make them richer. Pilgrimage and Tourism should be in the same category and must not be sponsored by government except for official reason, and with minimum cost.

How many of the Northern States, even others can survive the sponsorship purely on internally generated revenue?
Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by Change2015(m): 10:48am On Feb 10, 2015
LRNZH:

Perfect!
I'm even wondering who started this pilgrimage for Christians business or if it is just a case of you chop I chop based on religion.

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like

Re: Northern Governments Fail To Sponsor Christian Pilgrimage – Jonathan by skyfall: 10:48am On Feb 10, 2015
Hear the fo0l always using every opportunity to divide Nigerians for his own selfish reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Justice Okoi Ikpi Itam Is Dead! (Photos) / There Might Be No Sound Youth Left When FG Finally Creates Jobs – Sen. Ashafa / Yerima Shettima: Northern Governors Have Turned Killings, Banditry Into Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.