Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,556 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo (27126 Views)

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by Dbboy(m): 2:13pm On Feb 10, 2015
what Apc state is having 24"$hrs supply of light and they are making noise at least in jos i use NESCO and i get atleast 22hrs every day.

1 Like

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
We are now in the dry season. No more rain. So, got no choice than to speak the truth.... hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by kkboy(m): 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nothing on earth is impossible. What we lack is the vision and the political will to accomplish the task.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by rusher14: 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
But Jonathan told Christine Amanpour that the whole of Nigeria was enjoying electricity why the contradiction?

2 Likes

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by watchindelta(m): 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nigerians should stop fooling around, we don`t need change no way, we need total operation revaluation angry i don`t what to heard that world change angry because 90% of our politicians need to go down. we neeeeeeeeed revaluationnnnnnnnnnnn angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by watchindelta(m): 2:19pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nigerians should stop fooling around, we don`t need change no way, we need total operation revaluation angry i don`t what to heard that world change angry because 90% of our politicians need to go down. we neeeeeeeeed revaluationnnnnnnnnnnn angry angry angry angry......
Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by teabully(m): 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
Segunod:
Miinister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, says it is impossible to provide constant, uninterrupted electricity to everyone in Nigeria in the near future.

Speaking with newsmen in London over the weekend, the minister said: “Nobody in the world can provide 24/7 electricity everywhere in Nigeria”, adding that 160,000 megawatts would be needed to do that. The current capacity is 4,500 megawatts.
“The cost of providing electricity per megawatt on average is $2billion. To get to where South Africa is, you will need about $3.2trillion (about N672trillion). Where will you find that kind of money?” he asked.

In addition to the huge amount of money involved, Prof. Nebo said power projects also take time to come to fruition, stressing that it takes between four and six years to deliver the power projects.
“You don’t buy these things off the shelves. It takes time to design, study, procure, manufacture, install and commission”, he said, but explained that the government had done so much on generation capacity, transmission and distribution infrastructure, which are key necessities in power supply.

He said 20,000 megawatts was needed to ensure constant power supply to major cities in the country that have been connected to the national grid, but said it would require a lot of resources and time to achieve the feat.

The minister further said the current facilities and infrastructure on the ground had the capacity to provide more than 5,000 megawatts in the country, but lamented that some saboteurs were bent on ensuring that the target is not achieved by vandalising gas pipelines on a regular basis.

He emphasised that the demand for electricity in Nigeria is so huge that “no matter what you do, once electricity gets to a place, people acquire more facilities, buy refrigerators and air-conditioners, and before you know it, what you think is enough for everyone has to be shared by so many people”.

He also said solar power could go a long way in solving Nigeria’s power problems, especially in the rural areas, disclosing that three communities, including Durumi in the suburbs of Abuja, have enjoyed 13 months of uninterrupted electricity since the start of the pilot scheme in December 2013.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/46468-uninterrupted-electricity-impossible-in-nigeria-now-nebo

I cant imagine this after all the trillion of dollars spent on power by the 16yrs reign of PDP in Nigeria
what is dis one saying, #dullard#
Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by ocelot2006(m): 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
Some you guys heaping blames and baseless criticisms on the current administration just need to STFU. Really. Was he wrong to have said what he said? Or is it untrue? Do you clowns know how long it takes to building a power station (from planning to actual completion and commissioning), or the pipelines that provide gas to the station, or the transmission lines that evacuate the power generated? You CANNOT miraculously achieve all these immediately or in a night or two. BE REALISTIC. If you need to blame anyone, blame previous administrations and military regimes that abandoned the power sector while they embezzeled funds for this sector, NOT this administration that has vastly improved the power situation in the country by building and commissioning far more power stations (along with new gas supply lines, modernized ane expanded transmission grid, new substations, liberalizatiin of the power sector, and outsourcing of TCN) than all other administrations COMBINED.
Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by poiZon: 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2015
power generation should be tackled in another dimension, the easiest being states to generate n distribute power to its citizens. devolution of powers need to be given second thought by our assembly men, but what do they knw other than going there to earn a living by just shoutng NAY n AYE ON baseless n less important issues. but i knw some region up nU(T) WIll say we dont hv money to execute this project!

1 Like

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by Mistermamus(m): 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2015
like dere are a lot of incompetent ppl in d power sector dey don't know wat dey are doing n anoda major prob is d cabals in d sector. bastards are undermining everytin.

2 Likes

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by ogene007: 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Lies from the pit of hell!!!... other countries that are enjoying it nko?
Don't worry, Buhari will deliver 100,000 megawatts in six months based on the 'change' he has been campaigning for, after all, he has F9 in mathematics and so does not bother himself with the details on how to achieve it. He has a lot of gullible people like you as his supporters chanting his 'change' slogan. Silly party making silly promises that are far from reality. GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by 14(m): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2015
donodion:
Useless people and useless party.Even comparing their failures with others as means of justifying their ineptitudeness.

Come and see how SA is working night and day to restore stability to power supply through the country. Useless Party.

Who would have thought fashola could clean oshodi? who would have thought alternative means of mass trasport (BRT) is possible in Lagos? Odenson.

To be in positions of authority should be by merit not by who you know.PDP and their pack of nuisance are good at only one thing..."looting".

If you dont know how, humbe yourself and learn from others.

Meanwhile in SA
Medupi power station = 4 800MW
Kusile Power station = 4 800MW

SA produces 46 000MW of electricity to 90% of its population and still not enough. This is what they are doing about their problem. What is Nigeria doing about power crisis in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by iiichidodo: 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Just for once....could you govt people stop blaming past leaders for this light thing?

That was what we heard under OBJ. And I allowed myself to believe it back then. Only to find out we had been tricked again by 2007.

Look....I don't mind being told that it would take time x to get to y. But when they keep on telling us under this regime that we are improving in power supply....and now they are telling us that it is imposssicant.....why won't I see thins as a replay.

Let me tell you govt guys one honest truth....please can you just for once tell us the truth at all times , even if it is not to your benefit. And would you please stop calling us Northern slaves when we raise points of concern?

Kai...Nigerians. We better wake up. Whoever is in charge after May 29....we better tell him well well that he better start honoring contracts....or we will chase him or her out regardless of tribe, religion or sect!
Steady power supply is not same with uninterrupted power supply....get this right before you campaign for Buhari,ironically,who started the rot in the system....the same rot GEJ is working 24 hours to clean up with gradual success.....let us look forward and not throw the water along with the baby.

1 Like

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by mrofficial(m): 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2015
dguyindcorner:

such money cannot be found but can be embezzled.

No no no. It cannot be found because it has been embezzled.

1 Like

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by stephengee(m): 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2015
instead of people to reason with the minister,ask questions and seeks workable solution. all they think is to use every avenue to campaign change as if the change agents will work miracles. We youths n children of now without substance.
Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2015
Why do average Nigerian keep thinking Nigeria is a rich country Are you people that dumb?? Because they hear Nigeria has crude oil they erroneously think that makes Nigeria rich. You are living beyond your means...Senators and Reps members earn more than some local government can afford,annually. Your schools are in their worst states,hospitals are butcher houses and 4/5 of your roads are death traps. The oil Nigeria have will not be enough if you factor your huge population and demand for basic amenities. Nigeria need to start living within their means...Okonjo Iweala said this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by Ahmeduana(m): 2:29pm On Feb 10, 2015
madridguy:
Long life Professor Bartholomew Nnaji the man with integrity. The Minister of Power who left the out-going president cabinet to safe his name and image. PHCN cannot provide Uninterrupted Electricity to Nigerian but they can donate money meant to upgrade their facility to the corrupt leader for his re-election.

THE MAN THAT APC AND NORTHERN POLITICALL CROOKS COLLABORATE TO FRUSTRATE?

1 Like

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by criminalmindz: 2:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
GHANA SPENT $20 BILLION DOLLARS TO GENERATE CONSTANT ELECTRICITY FOR A POPULATION OF 20 MILLION. NIGERIA HAS A POPULATION OF 160 MILLION, SO DO THE MATHS YOURSELF. GEJ IS NOT TO BLAME.
Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by ceejay80s(m): 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nebo abi amebo, u are asking me where we will find that kind of money?
How much have u people stolen from us?

2 Likes

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by criminalmindz: 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
iiichidodo:
Steady power supply is not same with uninterrupted power supply....get this right before you campaign for Buhari,ironically,who started the rot in the system....the same rot GEJ is working 24 hours to clean up with gradual success.....let us look forward and not throw the water along with the baby.
Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by ceejay80s(m): 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
rusher14:
But Jonathan told Christine Amanpour that the whole of Nigeria was enjoying electricity why the contradiction?
Jonathan wey lie pass lucifer

2 Likes

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2015
14:

Meanwhile in SA
Medupi power station = 4 800MW
Kusile Power station = 4 800MW

SA produces 46 000MW of electricity to 90% of its population and still not enough. This is what they are doing about their problem. What is Nigeria doing about power crisis in Nigeria

Nigeria is doing what they can. And I hate when you compare Nigeria to Countries not even 1/3 of our population. Stop living in fools paradise and begin to realize Nigeria is a very poor country. Your crude oil is not enough. Nigeria was run down by many previous administration and now you wanna put the blame on Jonathan....The same north that put on in this present condition is the same people you wanna vote in and expect a change.

2 Likes

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by madridguy(m): 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2015
Ahmeduana:

THE MAN THAT APC AND NORTHERN POLITICALL CROOKS COLLABORATE TO FRUSTRATE?

explain more for my better understanding.
Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by criminalmindz: 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Nigeria is doing what they can. And I hate when you compare Nigeria to Countries not even 1/3 of our population. Stop living in fools paradise and begin to realize Nigeria is a very poor country. Your crude oil is not enough. Nigeria was run down by many previous administration and now you wanna put the blame on Jonathan....The same north that put on in this present condition is the same people you wanna vote in and expect a change.
Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by tunde1200(m): 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2015
This present administration is a failure.
No electricity and bills keep coming even crazy bills join.

We need to act wisely!.

1 Like

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by ceejayluv(m): 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2015
Reality.....
Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by bittertruth37(m): 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2015
Acidosis:
I've always known this fact.

Only a lunatic will promise Nigerians (in all local governments and creeks) stable & uninterrupted power.

It is impossible in Nigeria. Even when you supply all the megawatts and "terrawatts", some Nigerians are ma. d, they'll purposely cut off cables, steal transformer parts, destroy poles, refuse to pay bills, and several other atrocities.

If you vote in any government (FashoRAT, Boko_hari or JonaTAN) thinking he'll provide you constant electricity, then you are a lunatic.

This fact goes beyond monetary factors. Its more of psychology and up-bringing as a nation.

Before we talk about providing electricity and maintenance; first, we need to fix, and reconstruct the brains of all Nigerians, including you reading this.

Quote me wrongly, and get yourself a thunderous slap.
insanity runs in your brain system. How could you think everybody thinks wrong like you
I expect your e-slap. Idiot.

2 Likes

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2015
ogene007:

Don't worry, Buhari will deliver 100,000 megawatts in six months based on the 'change' he has been campaigning for, after all, he has F9 in mathematics and so does not bother himself with the details on how to achieve it. He has a lot of gullible people like you as his supporters chanting his 'change' slogan. Silly party making silly promises that are far from reality. GEJ till 2019.

Wait o.....so anyone who airs his opinion that's not in favor of a party supports the opposition?!.... what makes you think I give a rats assss about you and your politics?..... FYI I don't even own a PVC not to talk of supporting any fvcken party... na them dey feed me ni?.....better dey use the grey matter inside your head before you quote me o....I no dey smile today o!.....political Bigot!!..

5 Likes

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by mmsen: 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Just for once....could you govt people stop blaming past leaders for this light thing?

That was what we heard under OBJ. And I allowed myself to believe it back then. Only to find out we had been tricked again by 2007.

Look....I don't mind being told that it would take time x to get to y. But when they keep on telling us under this regime that we are improving in power supply....and now they are telling us that it is imposssicant.....why won't I see thins as a replay.

Let me tell you govt guys one honest truth....please can you just for once tell us the truth at all times , even if it is not to your benefit. And would you please stop calling us Northern slaves when we raise points of concern?

Kai...Nigerians. We better wake up. Whoever is in charge after May 29....we better tell him well well that he better start honoring contracts....or we will chase him or her out regardless of tribe, religion or sect!

The post that you highlighted made good points - had those in power at the time invested and maintained the electricity sector (or the roads, or the agricultural sector or the education sector or the banking sector) then Nigeria would be in a much better position and would not need such a grand investment to get back on track.

I do however take your point about holding leaders to account - that needs to happen at every level and ever juncture. Such practice would entail an end to the culture of prostrating oneself before everyone who proclaims themselves your 'senior'. Instead we should not be afraid to ask what they have done to deserve/retain their position and our respect.

1 Like

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by Akon419(m): 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2015
Burger01:
We have the money. They squandered it undecided

Bunch of thieves in power.

We must vote 'change'

#Change
#March4Buhari
you mean WE? You mean niger delta money or we money?
Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by ceejay80s(m): 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2015
ocelot2006:
Some you guys heaping blames and baseless criticisms on the current administration just need to STFU. Really. Was he wrong to have said what he said? Or is it untrue? Do you clowns know how long it takes to building a power station (from planning to actual completion and commissioning), or the pipelines that provide gas to the station, or the transmission lines that evacuate the power generated? You CANNOT miraculously achieve all these immediately or in a night or two. BE REALISTIC. If you need to blame anyone, blame previous administrations and military regimes that abandoned the power sector while they embezzeled funds for this sector, NOT this administration that has vastly improved the power situation in the country by building and commissioning far more power stations (along with new gas supply lines, modernized ane expanded transmission grid, new substations, liberalizatiin of the power sector, and outsourcing of TCN) than all other administrations COMBINED.
My friend go and sit down, what has ur govt been doing since power was handed over to civilians 16yrs ago?
Is 16yrs not enough?

2 Likes

Re: Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2015
And Nigeria keeps sinking under the watch of the clueless bastard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shows Off His Football Skills On The Field For Dogara @ 50 / Why Security Forces Can't Find Bandits Gumi Located - Adamu Garba / Ombatse Cult: "We Are Not Militias, We Are A Prayer Group "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.