Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) (59948 Views)

Demola Fashola Meets Christiane Amanpour Of CNN / Christiane Amanpour Interviews Muhammadu Buhari @ 7pm On CNN / Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 12, 2015
domwas2:
I quote "Nigerians are not asking for too much. They are not even looking for saints as their leaders but they want men and women who are less greedy and more caring. Unfortunately, they’ve searched in vain for too long and it seems there is no end to this misery.
This is why in frustration they have turned to a man who left power 30 years ago, General Muhammadu Buhari. No one should blame us. It is in the character of human beings to run to the elders of the house in the days of tribulations. Everywhere you turn today what you hear is the cry of change. A wife rejected has suddenly become the beautiful bride in retrospect. Let no one envy Buhari because it is not his fault if those handed power on a platter of gold trampled on it.
From what I see and feel, Buhari’s time has come and he looks unstoppable. People are simply tired of being lied to and they want to use someone as scape-goat. Sadly, President Jonathan is the one they see in front of them and it is a cross he has to carry like a man. Those who misled him are just waiting for their flights to a safe haven leaving him alone and forlorn.  Such is life."

You sir deserve 10,000 likes, this is the most sound, truthful, and unbiased explantion of the present Nigeria Situation. Please i am going to copy this and create a new thread and title it "WHy WE wANT bUHARI" SO THE WHOLE WEBSITE CAN REEAD IT, THIS BRILLIANT POST IS WASTING AWAY HERE IN oBSCURITY.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by Toktee(m): 6:37am On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
ma bro, am entitled to ma own opinion. U can't infringe on ma human rite, ma freedom of expresion. Stop behaving like a tout and behave civil.
your opinion on buhari issues is like a drop of water in the ocean,when are you people going to giveup,well,you must do what you are paid to do.i dnt blame you.
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by Testerfuze(m): 6:37am On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
ma bro, am entitled to ma own opinion. U can't infringe on ma human rite, ma freedom of expresion. Stop behaving like a tout and behave civil.

As said earlier,ur opinion is thrash and you suck at political discussion....does your human right allow tribalism mockery?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by ellechrystal(f): 6:38am On Feb 12, 2015
majekdom2:
Pay for what exactly , still surprised people reason this way at this present time.
That is his own opinion, ppl see d other side u ain't seeing, learn to understand that.
How can everyone reason like u. It's not possible na.
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by loswhite(m): 6:39am On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
wad happens in las vergas stays in las vergas, so be civil abt it. Am not in religion section, if am in dat section I move and flow in d spirit, buh as dey say we all political animal( homo politicus) and am entitled to air ma views. If ya feel offended, bro ya can just commit suicide cos I owe no c*unt and explanation. Mind ya, a man dat one ruled dis nation, as far back as 29 years ago now coming to rule again, wen is it going to be ya turn? I guess ya rule in hell lol.
only f.ools think that presidency is turn by turn. Performance is what we look up to, if Buhari after four years fail to perform, we will vote him out, that's what democracy should be about and pleas stop sounding like an illiterate
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:40am On Feb 12, 2015
waternogetemeny:
Buhari was unable to answer most questions.
Buhari answered all the questions he was asked, unlike Jonathan that avoided questions on ex-militants threatening the unity of Nigeria over his feared loss, twice.
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by ellechrystal(f): 6:42am On Feb 12, 2015
theV0ice:

when has buhari not looked like a pipe to you? Does he not look like a pipe in the pix below? what will it take for you to understand that he's fulani and that is one of their physical traits?
Fulanis look like that? At war age exactly please??
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:44am On Feb 12, 2015
hansad:
"I am not saying: wipe out Boko Haram" ... President Jonathan;

and the video stopped without showing following statement
. What the president meant to conclude was: I am not saying: "wipe out Boko Haram before elections can be held."

Nigerians ought to see the foreign media manipulations to make Nigerians reject Goodluck Jonathan to vote in Buhari. Foreign interests want a president Buhari who they shall tell: sign, and he shall sign without looking at the heading.

Today, it is alarming to note that Somalis and people of Arab descent follow Nigeria's forthcoming elections - even more than too many Nigerians. Sometimes, these Arabs and Somalis taunt you that they are coming to take over Nigeria through Buhari.

Nigerians must not use hatred for Jonathan and vote for Buhari, and thus consign the country to radicals who shall make Nigeria become another Somalia.
Rubbish!
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by CJ310(m): 6:45am On Feb 12, 2015
theV0ice:

count how many swear words you've poured forth in one single post and you'll see the depth of your depravity. you're a psychological wreak in need of plenty help.

Keep it up my friend while i keep trying to straighten you up cool

meanwhile all you said up there is trash again

Chief abeg don't reply that bumbling fool. See the rubbish he's saying, he's a slow poke. And that's not even counting the many grammatical errors. Just ignore him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by CJ310(m): 6:47am On Feb 12, 2015
theV0ice:

did your handler forget to lock your cage? which zoo did you escape from?

after you'll call buhari an illiterate. How does a single man change a nation's constitution to sharia single handedly in a presidential system of govt with a bicameral legislature and 36 state houses of assembly?

I bow oh. Help me ask our resident "GENIUSES" (dullards actually)

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by musiwa97: 6:50am On Feb 12, 2015
I throw challenge to them to bring out their book how much they have collected so far.. And you will shock to see the ridiculous building in the redeemed university.

Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by philips70(m): 6:51am On Feb 12, 2015
lestat:

You sir deserve 10,000 likes, this is the most sound, truthful, and unbiased explantion of the present Nigeria Situation. Please i am going to copy this and create a new thread and title it "WHy WE wANT bUHARI" SO THE WHOLE WEBSITE CAN REEAD IT, THIS BRILLIANT POST IS WASTING AWAY HERE IN oBSCURITY.

He quoted Dele Momodu in one of his Pendulum.
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by musiwa97: 6:51am On Feb 12, 2015
c
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by CJ310(m): 6:52am On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
just aired ma views, if ya hate it go hang yaself on high tension wire in ore cheesy

Been following your comments. Bro you are quite unintelligent. Go to romance section and join the bad advice givers there. Also drop your email let me scan a copy of brighter grammar to u. I'm serious you're not a smart person, it's not a sin. Let's help you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by khayc(m): 6:52am On Feb 12, 2015
Atimes I listen to these older generation and see more hope in government than the younger, if as young as we are we can't tell ourselves the truth or at least listen effectively then we are in trouble.

Stating what some people said here about former dictator and failed govt.... Amanpour said headlines around the world carry this what's your say about that. And he said he was judged harshly and had to do what he did in the military regime to harness Nigeria.

And then coming to Corruption ND Bokoharam in my opinion there is no magic or new thing said, still same old same old APC govt would manage the resources better.

And he seemed to be looking at a improvised teleprompter.... He didn't look up at the camera because he was been fed with support which should have brought better responses if it's really Obama's campaign team that manages his campaign.

General conclusion it would be impossible to tackle corruption in his regime with tinubu as his sponsor. You can't bite the hand that fed you. Jonathan has his many flaws as a leader which most of us won't have done any better given the chance. But in all let God's will be done in choosing the next president.
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by ellechrystal(f): 6:54am On Feb 12, 2015
hansad:
"I am not saying: wipe out Boko Haram" ... President Jonathan;

and the video stopped without showing following statement
. What the president meant to conclude was: I am not saying: "wipe out Boko Haram before elections can be held."

Nigerians ought to see the foreign media manipulations to make Nigerians reject Goodluck Jonathan to vote in Buhari. Foreign interests want a president Buhari who they shall tell: sign, and he shall sign without looking at the heading.

Today, it is alarming to note that Somalis and people of Arab descent follow Nigeria's forthcoming elections - even more than too many Nigerians. Sometimes, these Arabs and Somalis taunt you that they are coming to take over Nigeria through Buhari.

Nigerians must not use hatred for Jonathan and vote for Buhari, and thus consign the country to radicals who shall make Nigeria become another Somalia.
Exactly, that's all I c, and I like the way Johnathan answered her. That christiane feels she can intimidate ppl cos she is white.
It's not fair, Johna is still d president, just because of our online reaction, n our talkativeness, we ve sold him out for international ridicule, n we think the Americans r with us, they only want to make nigeria look stupid n they r succeeding, can they do it to the north Korea? Russia or Iran?
We nigerians need to wake up to the truth, n understand that the Americans r looking for a puppet for a president, these guys r not God. Let's put them out of our elections, they r obviously crossing their boundaries, n it's not good, they love to do a memo. Y didn't they get so concerned wen we had d cases of ebola Or wen we needed their help with the chibok girls
N they don't want to sel arms to us to still make it look like our govt is careless, smh. Or that d govt doesn't care,
These days everybody calls johna this johna that..
Whet ever happened to d governors of the states?
Wat r they realy doing?
The govs r not doing a thing. Except some states, do ppl even talk about these govs to make them work? Let's b unbiased the president has tried, it's just that so many ppl want him out, n as thus give blind eyes n deaf ears to watever it is he is doing. But in d future, we will b happy he ruled.
N now the feel they can take an opposition in an international talk n as stupid question,
I Def know if buhari takes over, he will not attend to them again.
These guys r not to b trusted, they really think we r dumb, n we r showing them we r just cos of desperation for power smh.
the question asked the general n that of johna r two different things n stop comparing.
Johna is the present president while buhari is coming in as an opposition, it's a lot easier for him, n it was obvious he was reading from somewhere,
N slow.
Am not condemning any of them, but both candidates r not what naija needs for now. Johnathan may not b working but buhari isn't an option.
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by Certifiedboss: 6:55am On Feb 12, 2015
ifihearam:
he could not even give a straight answer on how to fight against massive corruption..why?

Cos he is surrounded by the most corrupt politicians in Nigeria

Corruption comes in different forms so it can't be a straight answer. There's corruption in the petroleum sector and he made mention of that. There's corruption in the power sector, we as citizens are also involved in corruption and also there's corruption in the military so how can a straight answer be given? He's just being precise and straight to the point because the interview is timely. If you noticed Amanpour didn't even dwell long on any question
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by theV0ice: 6:57am On Feb 12, 2015
ellechrystal:

Fulanis look like that? At war age exactly please??

is it unknown to you that a trait of fulanis is their tall and slender frames?
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by datribune: 6:57am On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Buhari is close to his grave, I pity him. Just as asiwaju of corruption used and dump ribadu, tinubu willl use and dump him. And for dose yorubaz who wants buhari to contest so dat wen he dies a yoruba man will rule again all planned by tinubu, just know ya selling ya birth right cos a time will come wen ya will nid votes from south and east and ya will get non. Tinubu won't be here forever, he will soon die and dose shouting change will pay for it. I knw d westerners will take dis as an attack, buh its better to be persecuted for saying d truth dan to be silent. Asiwaju of corruption is selling d westerners birthrites

How is it d fault of d Asiwaju or d yoruba dat d shortsightedness of most Igbo could not allow them to rise above bigotry?. When d history of nigeria is written, Tinubu's name will be written in gold for he is a national hero & patriot. Tinubu is instrumental to d deepening of democracy in nigeria by scuttling d ambition of d dysfunctional PDP to turn Nigeria into a one-party hegemony.
Realizing dat GEJ has failed nigeria monumentally, entreaties were made to all political parties to join hands in a grand alliance to form a major opposition to d PDP & save nigeria frm d evil grip of corruption. Unfortunately there was a problem - while other tribes will in d national interest withdraw their support frm even theirs if cited for corruption, wrongdoing or incompetence, ndigbo will rather support even barefaced crimininalty as far as it is perpetrated by an igbo or as in dis case an Azikiwe whom they see as theirs. Unfortunately, rather than support d igbo who hav seen dat regional parties like APGA, AC, CPC etc could not carry out dis national assignment, d bigots continue to pour oppprobium on dis patriots who hav seen d big picture.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by Certifiedboss: 6:58am On Feb 12, 2015
sheymoni:
"The Nigerian Presidential election is between a FAILED President and a former DICTATOR" - Christine Amanpour ............ I swear, Jonathan Don suffer. but Let me make a prophecy tonight: by the time you wake up or go to bed tomorrow the Presidency would have fired a few missiles at AMANPOUR!

She's the best journalist in the world. I love her guts and the way she says anything about anybody
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by TolaniLuv: 7:00am On Feb 12, 2015
betaddict:
My letter to BUHARI... Sir ,let us examine your
service records. I consider your generation a very
privileged one, indeed. In 1975 at d age of 33,
you were appointed d Military Governor of d
North-Eastern State, present day Borno & Yobe
states. In 1976 at d age of 34 you became d
Minister 4 Petroleum and Natural Resources. In
1978 at d age of 36 you became d Chairman of d
Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
Today d reverse is d case. Most Nigerians at age
of 35 are still unemployed and still living with
parents. Many are still not married. During your
time you were already Governor at this age.One
major reason for this unfortunate turn of events is
that many elders like you have refused 2
voluntarily handover d baton 2 d next generation.
Life should be a relay race where one runs his
race and hands over 2 d next. In Nigeria many
elders like you have run their races and are still
holding on tenaciously 2 d baton.But Sir, I have
an important question here 4 you. The question is
simple, MUST YOU SERVE NIGERIA AS A
PRESIDENT ONLY? IS THERE NO OTHER
CAPACITY YOU CAN SERVE US EXCEPT D
PRESIDENCY? It is very erroneous 2 imagine that
you can only serve Nigeria only in one capacity.
During d regime of late General Sani Abacha, you
accepted d appointment 2 serve as d Chairman of
d then Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF). D general
opinion was that you served faithfully in this
capacity. Well done Sir! But you never asked
Abacha 2 vacate office 4 you as your former
subordinate in d army. Never! In fact that would
have been a dangerous move, if not suicidal.
Rather you served faithfully under your former
junior in d army. Sir, imagine if you take on
another job like d Chairman of EFCC or ICPC or
NDLEA. Nigerians actually need you 2 serve in
one of these capacities much more than they need
you in d Presidency. Mere mentioning your name
as Chairman of EFCC would drive many corrupt
men underground. But you wouldn’t . Either d
Presidency or nothing. When are you going 2
handover 2 d next person? It is either you do it
voluntarily or risk disgrace at d polls. God bless
you sir.."

100 Likes

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by theV0ice: 7:00am On Feb 12, 2015
Rexxie:

da hell does this tout think he is! If u are deceived by some expired product who ruled some 29yrs back,thats ur biz..its better for u to realise that rather than trying to get some noble prize for psychos of some sort on here..

if you had some sense, you'll realise the train left your dumb station eons ago. bring yourself up to speed or shut up.

a tout is a brainless irritant that throws himself into the middle of a discussion without knowing what is being discusssed and you sir are the perfect example of a tout.
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by khayc(m): 7:01am On Feb 12, 2015
Certifiedboss:

She's the best journalist in the world. I love her guts and the way she says anything about anybody

You obviously didn't watch the interview... Pls she quoted headlines around the world and not herself

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by theV0ice: 7:01am On Feb 12, 2015
Rexxie:

gedda4q bloody parasite

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

confused and pained leech
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by duduade: 7:02am On Feb 12, 2015
sheymoni:
"The Nigerian Presidential election is between a FAILED President and a former DICTATOR" - Christine Amanpour ............ I swear, Jonathan Don suffer. but Let me make a prophecy tonight: by the time you wake up or go to bed tomorrow the Presidency would have fired a few missiles at AMANPOUR!
loooool thru people like Doyin Okupe...
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by philips70(m): 7:07am On Feb 12, 2015
deletrue:
Am sincerely telling you that Buhari is dead and finished man. Did you listen to voice not too long? If that man is your father, would you want him to become the president especially considering his appertance like half inch rod?
His shoulders and his neck are clear indications that Buhari will not survive any longer. You wicked boy.

Never wanted to respond to idiots like you but I just got a news I feel like sharing with you with a view to schooling this foul mind of yours. A friend's very healthy looking dad just passed away this morning without any prior reported ailment before going to bed. Good health is not about the flesh on your body. You may not survive this week with this foolish mind of yours even as it seems you must have frustrated your parents to early death by your idiocy.

Don't bother to respond as I will not glorify you with further response.
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by joseph1832(m): 7:11am On Feb 12, 2015
PEREP:
The actors of the military administration of 1984 and 1985 is GMB and it is totally incorrect to say that 'he is being judged too harshly'.

For me, he was tested with ABSOLUTE power and we all know what he did with it. I do not believe he acted in those manners because it was military regime but because of his views about the issues and circumstances.

In 2004, he told BBC journalist during the Hardtalk interview that information peddled by journalists were distractions. If at 1984, information thrown out by journalists are distractions, what happens with the Jet age of Twitter, Facebook and loads of other social media platforms?

Nigeria of today is liberalized and with that power we have been able to mount required pressure due to freedom of expression guaranteed than ever.

What we have in a President is not perfect but he is a departure from the old order.
For me, let's march forward and keep putting required pressure on govt to do the needful.
Don't get it twisted bro, "matching on government to do the needful?". Like we've been matching on government to do the needful since 1999 right?.

I still can't understand why many fail to see that in times like this, Nigeria doesn't need a gentleman as President! The way and manner Jonathan has reacted to issues shows he know nothing about leadership!.

The current situation in the country calls for big concern, the impunity going on is choking.

The embolden goes says a lot about the way you think bro. So if information peddled by journalist are lies it should be left unchecked? Today everybody knows that journalists have ways of 'twisting peoples' words, if you ask me, I'll say the rise of social media has made way for un informed news to spread like wildfire!. Remember, freedom of expression doesn't mean one should engage in spreading false information everywhere.
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by Azkharfy: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2015
If not that you are daft,can't. U compare the interviewed Gej and Buhari had yesterday ,I wonder how Gej became the president of this country in the first place,in his talk yesterday,he repeated a line for about 10 times (ole is olo,thief is thief,thief is not corruption,two unmarried men sleeping together is corruption,all is talk yesterday was just like a child talk, revising a memory verse. And the so called female journalist who was supposed to ask reasonable question was just smiling all along showing that she feels good sitting with the mr president,how can a president is not sure of security for his country,his continuity has nothing to offer this country,compared to sai Buhari he gave a reasonable answer to the questions he was asked,and moreover this man has spent 6yrs,let someone comes in now haba,is it his fathers throne,and brother please change those fake pictures u posted cos it was glaring enof that only amanpour interviewed buhari and four other interviewed Gej.
Re: Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) by OLADD: 7:12am On Feb 12, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Buhari answered all the questions he was asked, unlike Jonathan that avoided questions on ex-militants threatening the unity of Nigeria over his feared loss, twice.

I am sure you watched the Media Chat on a black and white TV, or perhaps the cotton wools in your two ears were wet all through the period. Even the dullest listeners had perfect grips of the President's well spelt-out explanations on the issues raised. The problem with you and your likes is just ACUTE HATE SYNDROME (AHS) which will lead you to early demise if care is not taken.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

OPC Members To Transform To Snakes And Lions To Fight Militants In Ogun / Goodluck Jonathan And Diezani Alison-Madueke Having An Affair? / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Break Ramadan Fast This Evening (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.