Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You (1823 Views)

True Meaning Of "Bae" And "Boo"(research) / M / The Real Meaning Of Bae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by allisonluvsu(m): 7:10pm On Feb 13, 2015
There are some words so commonly used on Social Media and because it has gotten so much acceptance, we adopt it without knowing what it really means.

Today, I came across a meaning of the word ‘Bae‘ and I was totally shocked.

Bae is most often used as a term of endearment, often referring to your boyfriend or girlfriend. We see people posting pics online with the words ‘Chilling with my bae’, ‘I love you bae’. Maybe I’ve been guilty of it too *hides face*. So imagine my shock when I saw this:

According to the Urban Dictionary:

Bæ/bae is a Danish word for poop. Also used by people on the internet who think it means baby, sweetie etc.

But come to the Internet world, Bae has a totally different meaning. Some people even use it as a hashtag #BaeBeLike. Bae to many means the short form of Babe or Baby, and I guess its here to stay. But imagine you calling someone your ‘Bae’ and someone in another part of the world is calling poop that same word…. eeeew!

What do you think? Do you call that special someone in your life ‘Bae’? What does the word mean to you? Do you know of any other common words that have weird meanings?

Source: http://www.stephaniedaily.com/did-you-know-the-real-meaning-of-bae/

Poster: www.loadedvilla.com
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by falconey(m): 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
I thought is imbecil.e
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by lemonade: 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
True. But that's not really where the word is derived from.
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by Jeromejnr(m): 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
I will like to know how people come up with this internet slangs sef.
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by Enegod(m): 7:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
nothing shocking about this post...undecided
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by ArchEnemy(m): 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
Enegod:
same here
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by allisonluvsu(m): 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2015
Enegod:

if it does not shock you, then hold an naked wire when NEPA remembers to bring light in your area.I promise you, that will definetely shock you wella. Thank me later grin #HappyFriday

1 Like

Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by Enegod(m): 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
allisonluvsu:

if it does not shock you, then hold an naked wire when NEPA remembers to bring light in your area.I promise you, that will definetely shock you wella. Thank me later grin #HappyFriday
bro, no be that kind shock i mean grin grin
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by allisonluvsu(m): 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2015
Enegod:
bro, no be that kind shock i mean grin grin
Happy Friday Bro. Yea, that should shock you Now grin grin grin grin
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by Enegod(m): 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
allisonluvsu:

Happy Friday Bro. Yea, that should shock you Now grin grin grin grin
Happy Friday too grin
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
Richard actually told me this smiley, but he's still a bae grin lol
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by Crocz(m): 7:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
It means what the majority take it to mean...how many people speak Danish anyway?
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by whizqueen(f): 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
K
I love you bae kiss
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2015
falconey:
I thought is imbecil.e
lol grin
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2015
Enegod:
I tell u smiley
Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by Onyiclassic(f): 8:39pm On Feb 13, 2015
wink

Re: Did You Know? The Real Meaning Of ‘bae’? This Will Shock You by abuov: 9:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
@Op it means "before anyone else" (bae)

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Know If You Are A Bonafide Maga *Must Read* / Caption This Photo / 10 Reasons Why He Broke Up With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.