Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) (73517 Views)

Dangote Rolls Out Nigeria-assembled Trucks, Targets 10,000 Vehicles / Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal / Amazing Nigeria Cars Used In The 90's(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by keacy(m): 12:13am On Feb 21, 2015
Is this one assembling or manufacturing? It looks like assembling of cars to me.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Raylight2(m): 12:14am On Feb 21, 2015
check first picture... u find the Nigeria guys working and d white folding his arms... Knowledge is POWER!!!
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Youssouff10(m): 12:18am On Feb 21, 2015
ba7man:
Non of the posters above me can afford a brand new Nissan. #FACT. cheesy
dem no fit afford made in Naija car dem dey shout Jonah.
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by SailorXY: 12:24am On Feb 21, 2015
myproperty:

politicians account for less than 1% of cars driven in Nigeria. Cars are already being driven in Nigerian roads.

The cause for celebration is this:
1. In Oct 3rd 2013, the federal government introduced a new automotive policy which resulted in the production of the first made in Nigeria car called innoson (http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nnoson-unveils-first-truly-made-in-nigeria-cars/195917/) and they employed 7200 staffs in the plastic and automobile section of the company not to talk about the indirect jobs created, which as to do with dealers, suppliers of raw materials and other needs to the firm.

2. Then came hyundai and Nissan, whether made in Nigeria or assembled in Nigeria. More jobs are created directly and indirectly and definitely the price cannot be as high like before.
The fact is that the government industrial policy is showing positive result, no wonder some production firms that were dead are beginning to function again, such as some textile industries and breweries and new firms are springing up in automobile,breweries,agriculture,aviation etc.

in essence this policy had strengthened the economy by creating more jobs, sooner or later the need to cut cost of their vehicles because of competition would lead to sourcing for steel locally for the purpose of producing vehicles that are being assembled.

The Buhari you mentioned ruled Nigeria at a time and those things you said he would do, he never did them then, except otherwise he is a different Buhari now.
Come to think of it how do you know he would do it?
very good question! all we hear is buhari will make power supply steady, buhari will defeat Satan, buhari will make snow fall in Maiduguri - no one says how he plans to go about these instant magic preached!
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by methodyk: 12:26am On Feb 21, 2015
We can not as a Country derail from this part now. Well done GEJ! #NOTOEGYPT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Nwereonye(m): 12:27am On Feb 21, 2015
dustmalik:
Buhari plans to bring Rolls-Royce and Bentley, so this is nothing. I would rather aim high than low.

I think u left ur brain somwr around ma house...
Cum and take it cuz I've cleaned it 4 u
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by babestella: 12:29am On Feb 21, 2015
The worst is that APC and their e-rats will tell NIGERIANS that GEJ never did one single thing for 6 years and I just wonder where they get these lies from or are they just be cynical and wicked about the achievements of other people that they are so bent on tarnishing GEJs image home and abroad. Na wah ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by babestella: 12:34am On Feb 21, 2015
ba7man:
Non of the posters above me can afford a brand new Nissan. #FACT. cheesy

Agent of retrogression, at the least if they can't afford a brand new Nissan, they can still get a job at the assembly plant.
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by musaffyan(m): 12:47am On Feb 21, 2015
sammhi:

ok..so what do you want? import fully finished cars? please give your alternative

Open AJAOKUTA steel comp then we could talk about assembling car not patrols SUV's
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by oneagleswings: 12:50am On Feb 21, 2015
dustmalik:
Buhari plans to bring Rolls-Royce and Bentley, so this is nothing. I would rather aim high than low.
keep dreaming oooo.
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by cuteboy2: 12:52am On Feb 21, 2015
Goddex:
[size=15pt]Useless PUNCH will never see things like this[/size]

I wonder!

Punch is so anti-GEJ, it makes Nation owned by Tinubu look tame in comparison.

The commissioning of 4 naval ships yesterday, was tucked away in page 7 of today's (20/2/15) Punch. They made sure no pictures of the warships are shown.

By every standard of measure, this purchase is the biggest single investment in the Nigerian Navy for over 30 years.
The Chief Naval Staff confirmed this during the ceremony that the last time the Navy got 3 warships was during Shehu Shagari's government.

2 Likes

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by klimson: 12:57am On Feb 21, 2015
GhaliNaaba:
Fraud of a policy, yeye baka. You put Cart before horse and expect miracle you people are failure for supporting this shallow Idea, tell me where they see iron they used for the car?
What about the tyre and the others. Our iron production must be working to the full capacity first and the electricity must be regular. You take part of motor to Nigeria for assemblage and you are celebrating. Group of failures.
If GEJ still advertise his achievement of 6 years, it meand he did nothing.
Nigeria has decide to March Buhari into Aso rock and GEJ out from Aso rock.
APC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May all the genuine effort you make in life to make a difference be criticized and ridiculed in all your life. May they never be appreciated so long as you believe that another person's efforts are not worth commending. Receive the same measure you give to others.

That is the law of life.

4 Likes

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by musaffyan(m): 1:07am On Feb 21, 2015
Have any one below d age of 35 experience 146hrs in interrupted power supply in any part of nigeria, answer is No.

We've seen heard all that b4 assembling this that eg PAN in Kaduna,VOLKS in d east and badagry expressway (Lagos) etc

All out of service because of lack electricity and continuity, and u tell me 1man and his gangs could make a difference

GEJ tries but his best is the worst of others that's a fact not assumption CHECK IT
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by ejiro2130(m): 1:08am On Feb 21, 2015
When Nigerians sing about little things like these I feel like crying, so we have falling so far off that we celebrate mediocrity Nissan assembling cars is what we are shouting about??

Like innoson hasn't been doing same for years, like kantanka in cash strap Ghana hasn't been rolling out suv for years!!

2 Likes

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 21, 2015
Roll out employment and training please, I'm kinda interested
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by chelseabmw(m): 1:44am On Feb 21, 2015
GEJ I Love You

God Bless You Sir
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Nobody: 1:53am On Feb 21, 2015
Are these cars for export because i don't see them selling well in Nigeria considering that fact that minimum wage is just N18,000 only.
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by USAPRODUCTS(m): 2:05am On Feb 21, 2015
Assembled in Nigeria, not made

1 Like

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by temitemi1(m): 2:41am On Feb 21, 2015
Thank GOD for giving us this kind of "clueless"... Thank you mr president! GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by MrCork: 2:42am On Feb 21, 2015
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by MrCork: 2:46am On Feb 21, 2015
Ikengawo:

[img]http://transformationwatch.files./2014/04/nissan-lagos-factory-patrol-sweet.jpg[/img]

...cars made in Nigeria??....do they even as engine?? ...u home base people nid to QUIT dreammmin!!! (no oofeinse) angry
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Adminisher: 3:11am On Feb 21, 2015
obamartins:
This is what APC goons have refused to see, they kept shouting change and couldn't realize the change is here already. GEJ till 2019. The Transformation/Change of Nigeria has started, Haters should go on exile.

BMW has also shown interest in building a plant in Nigeria due to the incessant Labour tussles in South Africa. Toyota, Ford, others in the pipeline, more jobs for our teaming youths and someone has the guts to call GEJ "clueless"? "clueless" definitely got a new meaning. I want to be "clueless" if this is what it means.

Singing......they wan be President
they no get paper o
they wan be president
Naa wah ooooo.

These are vehicle assembly plants. We are just helping multi nationals solve their supply chain problem. Nigeria had more local value added vehicle assembly plants in the 80s. PAN in Kaduna is actually adding more value locally than these new 'for show' plants. Jonathan's young supporters should learn to read, think critically and not follow stupidly. It is your future
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by cotzywitzy(m): 3:15am On Feb 21, 2015
Nice one GEJ but I have to let u know this ain't manufacturing its assembling....
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by skj1377(m): 4:20am On Feb 21, 2015
Let me ask you (1) have you visited the arrival hall of MMA (2) do you have light for up to 8hrs in 24hrs of the day (3) has any of your family members travelled by rail in the last 1 year. (4) have you seen the movement of heavy duty goods by rail to any of these destination if so snap a picture of a train loaded with goods or even petrol. (5) does it take a contract to enforce laws on our highways if so why are speed bumps on every major highway in the country why are markets springing up beside the roads . How long did it take lagos state government to enforce laws on road use and dimolish markets built on the road. (6) what has gej done about corruption in his gov.
My dear brother development is easy to see you do not have to come to nairaland to propaganda about development under gej besides whatever amount you have been paid by ffk or the llikes has been devalued by 30% .
On the otherhand under ptf run by gmb new roads still existing till today were constructed older roads patched with sign post to indicate in my lab in my department ina fed uni in southwest we had new equipments installed and others rehabilitated when i needed to go to hospital it had to be gov because ptf drugs were free and original.
All this under an additional N2 per ltr but your guy gej increased from N65 to N97 and yet has only propaganda to show for it please vote for change quote author=Yehman post=30928078]Obasanjo/Atiku had 8 years but couldnt fix power!!! Fashola and Tinubu had 16years in lagos they couldnt fix all the roads in lagos and couldnt give lagosians portable water to mention few. GEJ has spent 5years + as President of over 170m people and they want him to overnight turn Nigeria into a paradise. They call him names, Clueless, Foolish, some even said he is silly e.t.c. But... (1) He built 150 almajiri schools. Yet Goodluck is bad. (2) He revived railway that was comatose for over 28yrs. Lagos- Kano route,Lagos-Sou thern Ogun air condition train route,Ajaokuta- Warri standard gauge route, PH-Enugu airconditioned train route, PH Maiduguri train route, Kaduna intra- city train routes,Makurdi- PH airconditioned train route, Abuja- Kaduna standard guage route. Work on Lagos-Ibadan standard guage route ongoing. And about to kickstart Lagos-Calabar coastal railway route. Yet Goodluck is bad. (3) He established 12 federal universities.Ye t Goodluck is bad. Massive road reconstruction across the country(25000km ). Benin- Ore road, Abuja-Lokoja expressway, Enugu- Abakaliki , Onitsha- Owerri road, Kaduna-Maidugur i road, East- West road, Parts of PH- Enugu road &Lagos-Ibadan 8-lane road ongoing. Yet Goodluck is bad. (4 ) Construction of 2nd Niger Bridge is ongoing..Yet Goodluck is bad. ( 5) He dredged River Niger..Yet Goodluck is bad. (6) Improved power supply from 2500mw to 6000mw and implanted 10 new power plants..Yet Goodluck is bad. ( 7) He revived the automobile industry with the new automobile policy spurring Nissan&Hyundai e.t.c to assemble/ produce cars in Nigeria and the emergence of Indigenous automobile company the INNOSON group now producing locally made in Nigeria cars, SUVs and trucks known as the IVM motors First in the history of Nigeria, She joined the commodity of car manufacturing countries..Yet Goodluck is bad. ( He remodeled airports to international standard,built five new airport terminals in PH, Lagos,Kano, Abuja & Enugu. First in the history of Nigeria, the East now have an international airport..Yet Goodluck is bad. (9 ) He signed freedom of information(FOI ) bill past leaders refused to sign..Yet Jonathan is bad. (10) He revamped the agricultural sector. Nigeria now the largest producer of cassava in the world with 45million metric tonnes- FAO, the largest exporter of cassava chips to China and have unprecedented 60% sufficient in rice production.Yet Goodluck is bad. (11) He gave women 35% affirmative to women participation in governance which saw the emergence of Muktar as the first ever female Chief Justice of Nigeria.. Yet Goodluck is bad. (12) He was able to contain the outbreak of Ebola disease.. Yet Goodluck is bad. (13) No more long queues at filling stations..Yet Goodluck is bad. (14) Nigeria manufacture her first ever locally made drone.. Yet Goodluck is bad (15) He signed local content act. Nigeria now have 400 tankers transporting crude oil.Previously it was 60 tankers. Yet Goodluck is bad. (16) His government recorded an unprecedented achievement in sports, best sporting performance in the history of country..Yet Goodluck is bad. (17) Nigeria is now the largest economy in Africa and the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world after China and Qatar-- CNN..Yet Goodluck is bad. (18) He made it possible for Nigeria to conduct the most free, fair & credible election in the history of the country (2011 election). Yet Goodluck is bad. (19) He does not interfere with the electoral and judiciary system.Election s in Imo, Anambra,Osun, Ondo and Edo are examples. In the history of Nigeria, is only in his government the opposition controlled large number of states and controlled greater number of seats in the National Assembly..Yet Goodluck is bad. (20) Under his government,poli tical assassination and assassination of high profile Nigerians is now a thing of the past. Who killed Dele Giwa, Bola Ige, FunshoWilliams, Marshall Harry, Aminisoari Dikibo,Alfred Rewane, Ken Saro Wiwa, Kudirat Abiola,NBA chairman Barnabas Igwe and his wife Abigail Igwe? In whose governments were all these murdered? I can go on and give you about 100 high profile political assassination in Obasanjo's civilian rule alone..Yet President Goodluck Jonathan is bad and so unacceptable to you. (21) GEJ approved 2,564 vehicles for police for free and fair elections and some bad eggs still complain that he is not working. I HAVE A DREAM THAT ONE DAY NIGERIANS WILL BE JUDGED NOT BY THE DIALECT THEY SPEAK BUT BY THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER. I hereby challenge anybody to bring forward the achievements of Buhari, Babangida, Abacha and Obasanjo. GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND PUNISH THE ENEMIES OF NIGERIA. VOTE GOODLUCK, VOTE PDP ,VOTE GOOD FUTURE OF YOURSELF, MYSELF AND OURSELVES.

Say no to backwardness, pretencious anti-corruption and insecurity fighter, confident trickster and retrogressive change agent.[/quote]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by larica69: 4:42am On Feb 21, 2015
Definition of Clueless (Nigerian Version): A person who works tirelessly without much fanfare or blowing his own trumpet but has no clue on how to witch-hunt political opponents by random EFCC arrest/prosecution, withholding of state allocation for months and/or sending businessmen on compulsory exile.
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by AdeniyiA(m): 4:57am On Feb 21, 2015
chronique:
Sometimes,I marvel at the thought process of a lot of Nigerians. People keep asking if the masses can afford these cars;is buying a brand new 2015 model car the number one priority of the masses? In America and Britain,how many of the so called masses can afford brand new 2015 vehicles? If Toyota,mercedes and the likes,were focusing on producing for the masses,would these companies have grown to this stage where they have lots of assembling plants round the world? These companies aren't government owned(Nigerian govt),they are private businesses and their major focus is to deliver their products to clients who can afford them. The masses have no business with brand new 2015 high end vehicles. The world does not and should not revolve around the masses. While I know and believe that govt should create an opportunity for the masses to live comfortably to a reasonable level,major projects like these,shouldn't be firstly about the masses. When GSM came into Nigeria,it wasn't for the masses. But over the years,new investors came in,and the competition grew so strong and today,even the poorest of Nigerians can afford a phone of 2000 naira and a simcard of 100 naira. That is what competition does. It evens the market out over a long period of time and allows the laws of demand and supply to take its toll on prices. Anybody who is earning less than 10million naira a year,has no reason to go near a brand new car of 2015. That's a clear cut case of wanting to live above one's means. Those of you who think American masses are driving 2015 model cars,need to smack yourselves back to reality.

BRAND NEW 2015 MODEL CARS ARE NOT FOR THE MASSES. LET THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD THEM,BUY IT.
David Mark. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Nobody: 5:06am On Feb 21, 2015
dustmalik:

Buhari who couldn't speak in a debate in Nigeria, want to convince Rolls-Royce and Bentley? If your brain is corrupt, look for someone to format it for you. Buhari is an accident waiting to happen.
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Yehman(m): 5:09am On Feb 21, 2015
[quote author=skj1377 post=30932060]Let me ask you (1) have you visited the arrival hall of MMA (2) do you have light for up to 8hrs in 24hrs of the day (3) has any of your family members travelled by rail in the last 1 year. (4) have you seen the movement of heavy duty goods by rail to any of these destination if so snap a picture of a train loaded with goods or even petrol. (5) does it take a contract to enforce laws on our highways if so why are speed bumps on every major highway in the country why are markets springing up beside the roads . How long did it take lagos state government to enforce laws on road use and dimolish markets built on the road. (6) what has gej done about corruption in his gov.
My dear brother development is easy to see you do not have to come to nairaland to propaganda about development under gej besides whatever amount you have been paid by ffk or the llikes has been devalued by 30% .
On the otherhand under ptf run by gmb new roads still existing till today were constructed older roads patched with sign post to indicate in my lab in my department ina fed uni in southwest we had new equipments installed and others rehabilitated when i needed to go to hospital it had to be gov because ptf drugs were free and original.
All this under an additional N2 per ltr but your guy gej increased from N65 to N97 and yet has only propaganda to show for it please vote for change quote author
@ skj1377
After all the bla bla bla... Buhari is the change agent u chose to tranform Nigeria into African-Dubai-Taiwan? Its quite apalling that a supposed young leader like u ve been derailed and brainwashed this pretencious anti-corruption and insecurity fighter, confident trickster and retrogressive change agent.
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by DoctorMcgruff: 5:11am On Feb 21, 2015
Zico5:
My question is how much Is the car in question, does the price commensurate with the actual and normal economy of common man on the street. If not then we re yet to reach our standard cos the government should find a ways to make life better for common man and not the other way.

is it not the common man that is working there?

1 Like

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by ba7man(m): 5:58am On Feb 21, 2015
babestella:

Agent of retrogression, at the least if they can't afford a brand new Nissan, they can still get a job at the assembly plant.
If the Nigerian economy (currently in a bad shape due to wastefulness and corruption by GEJ's administration) doesn't pick up, tell me how people will be able to afford these cars.

If these companies don't sell enough cars, the same people they hired will be fired.

A bouyant economy is directly tied to the automobile industry.

Car makers scambled to China and india when they observed rising figures in car sale (Due to a booming economy). They tried to be proactive with their choice of Nigeria (Set up shop before their projected economic boom) but if GEJ messes up this economic crisis, they'll fold up because I don't see record sales in the midst of economic crisis......+ no power also robs them of making their products cheaper.

Eg; The Nissan Patrol manufactured in Nigeria costs N15million.......The USA equivalent, the Nissan Armada has a starting price of $38,000 (approx N9 Million).
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by enimcnite(m): 6:06am On Feb 21, 2015
GhaliNaaba:
Fraud of a policy, yeye baka. You put Cart before horse and expect miracle you people are failure for supporting this shallow Idea, tell me where they see iron they used for the car?
What about the tyre and the others. Our iron production must be working to the full capacity first and the electricity must be regular. You take part of motor to Nigeria for assemblage and you are celebrating. Group of failures.
If GEJ still advertise his achievement of 6 years, it meand he did nothing.
Nigeria has decide to March Buhari into Aso rock and GEJ out from Aso rock.
APC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too many blind and clueless ppl in this country, aswear I tire for them o
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by spenca: 6:51am On Feb 21, 2015
obamartins:
This is what APC goons have refused to see, they kept shouting change and couldn't realize the change is here already. GEJ till 2019. The Transformation/Change of Nigeria has started, Haters should go on exile.

BMW has also shown interest in building a plant in Nigeria due to the incessant Labour tussles in South Africa. Toyota, Ford, others in the pipeline, more jobs for our teaming youths and someone has the guts to call GEJ

"clueless"? "clueless" definitely got a new meaning. I want to be "clueless" if this is what it means.

Singing......they wan be President
they no get paper o
they wan be president
Naa wah

Am glad you know change is here already.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Odometer: Kilometer Vs Miles / Nigerian Who Bought ₦1 Billion Chevrolet In Turkey Arrested (Pics, Video) / Meet Jowi Zazaa, A Nigerian Who Bought Lamborghini Aventador Worth N115m - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.