Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) (73522 Views)

Dangote Rolls Out Nigeria-assembled Trucks, Targets 10,000 Vehicles / Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal / Amazing Nigeria Cars Used In The 90's(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by gemini35(m): 10:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
obamartins:
This is what APC goons have refused to see, they kept shouting change and couldn't realize the change is here already. GEJ till 2019. The Transformation/Change of Nigeria has started, Haters should go on exile.

BMW has also shown interest in building a plant in Nigeria due to the incessant Labour tussles in South Africa. Toyota, Ford, others in the pipeline, more jobs for our teaming youths and someone has the guts to call GEJ "clueless"? "clueless" definitely got a new meaning. I want to be "clueless" if this is what it means.

Singing......they wan be President
they no get paper o
they wan be president
Naa wah ooooo.

. Kudos to Gej, but then,the price should be affordable for even third class ,the masses, their By saying good bye to tokumbo. Gej till 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by seangy4konji: 10:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
It no go better for you for quoting me and calling your father failure...Na evrybody get the 150k job for our economy?

Wetin concern me wetin devil do with you or your familyIf you no want die wrongfully,no quote me again or maintain your lane and wetin concern me concern wetin buhari wan buy or goodluck wan buy?i tell you say i wan buy car abi u nor fit read wetin i post

Respect your age if u old...
sammhi:

you are even a worse failure..why should a gradute earn 40k...there are graduates earning between 150-250k ..it depends on what you have done with yourself. so you think a GMB presidency will reduce the cost of that car to 1m? right..? please wake up... or he will dash you the car?
or what exactly is your point?
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by GhaliNaaba(m): 10:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
patmaine:

oh. I forgot u 're only programmed to criticize and shout sai Buhari.....Wat a lame fellow
Alabukun ni er. Ofekin PE er loruko ABI?
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by ahbey(m): 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
Yea ds is what I want to be seeing...not cankerworm APC change propanganda....assuming him booharry has work ds way GEJ has worked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by sammhi(m): 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
musaffyan:
FRAUD OOOOO FRAUD
SEE GEJ AND HIS PEEPS ,TRYING TO DECEIVE NIGERIANS
1,NIGERIA NEVER MAKES CARS ONLY ASSEMBLES PARTS INTO 1
2,ALL FIBIRES AND METALS WHERE CARGOED FROM OVERSEA
3,I'M SURE THE ASS PLANT ITSELF G E J OWNES THEM FOR MAMA P

MUGU DON FINISH FOR DIS COUNTRY
FRAUD OOOOH FRAUD
GEJ AND THE GANGS AT IT AGAIN
CLUELESS DRUNKS

Mtcheeewwwww

ok..so what do you want? import fully finished cars? please give your alternative

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by toprealman: 11:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Impressed I am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by nortcentrallord(m): 11:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
dustmalik:
Buhari plans to bring Rolls-Royce and Bentley, so this is nothing. I would rather aim high than low.
Hihihihihih, those company's don't work with coupist and terrorist please. If u cnt buy Nissan, na Bentley and Rolls Royce you go fit buy for this your life? Go do a research on how many months it takse to biuld those. Hihihihih. Man no get shoe, e say I'm want buy factory.
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Yehman(m): 11:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
GhaliNaaba:
Fraud of a policy, yeye baka. You put Cart before horse and expect miracle you people are failure for supporting this shallow Idea, tell me where they see iron they used for the car?
What about the tyre and the others. Our iron production must be working to the full capacity first and the electricity must be regular. You take part of motor to Nigeria for assemblage and you are celebrating. Group of failures.
If GEJ still advertise his achievement of 6 years, it meand he did nothing.
Nigeria has decide to March Buhari into Aso rock and GEJ out from Aso rock.
APC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You see your life. The likes of Buhari, Mugabe, Gaddafi and co are your change agents. Say no to tired old ideas and backwardness. The "Change" I know is a gradual process. Stop being decieved by the pretencious anti-corruption and insecurity fighter, confident trickster and retrogressive change agents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Rad1cal: 11:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
lastpage:

[s]Most of these people dont know their left from their right hand.
Buying and Selling may not be that difficult as long as you can mix some "fake products" in-between to even-out your profit.

But when it comes to basic economics of a surviving business, these clowns are on a long thing.

For example:
Let us assume South Africa (just for examples sake) which has about 50,000MW of electricity manufactures this same car that is supposedly manufactured by Innoson, [size=18pt]with automation due to stable electricity[/size].....

*In terms of numbers, it will produce about 10,000 units..... when Nigeria is still labouring over 50units using [size=18pt]manual production due to lack of Electricity[/size]
*If S/Africa uses ten men to supplement that automation...... Nigeria will need like 500 men. to produce that 20 in a month

Now, when we look at COST of PRODUCTION ( WAGES of Workers, materials, ground space, e.t.c), you will easily see that to break-even, Nigeria might need to sell its own vehicle for say $50,000 ...to cover all cost and still make small profit..

While S/Africa may just sell its own at $20,00 each to cover all costs and make profit.

So, all things being equal, (lets even assume all other factors like quality of the vehicle are the same) in a globalized market place, who will buy the same vehicle for TWICE THE PRICE,... when they can get it cheaper elsewhere for HALF THE PRICE?

If the Plant does not sell its STOCK, it will become short on operating funds (except maybe Jonathan will start subsidizing it as well, just like Fuel! grin )
In a short while, it will fold-up! ...or perpetually depend on Govt subvention
This is one of the reasons products from China for example, could sell very cheap (automation leading to mass production)

We use to have the likes of Volkswagen, Peugeot, FIAT, and many more "Vehicle Assembly" in this country (and many more textiles industries who rely on constant power supply) in the past but one after another, they fold-up due to "bad operating environment".

You can build a "White Elelphant Project" like this, just to fool those who have no sense but in a short while, your folly would be exposed.

A sensible Govt will first focus on INFRASTRUCTURE..... the most important being ELECTRICITY.
With that in place, all other developmental projects will be come sustainable

Lastpage![/s]

Trash

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by GhaliNaaba(m): 11:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
Yehman:

You see your life. The likes of Buhari, Mugabe, Gaddafi and co are your change agents. Say no to tired old ideas and backwardness. The "Change" I know is a gradual process. Stop being decieved by the pretencious anti-corruption and insecurity fighter, confident trickster and retrogressive change agents.
You are part of the rot in Nigeria. Ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by ArchEnemy(m): 11:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
SkyBlue1:
You people are funny. It is perfectly logical to admit the good thing a government has done and still not like the government as a whole when weighed against the bad it contributes, it is called being objective and mature, and Nigerians just simply need to grow up and be able to this more.

Only disenginious people will say Jonathan has done absolutely nothing, I don't think people who have an issue with him are claiming that. People still have issues with Obasanjo even despite the fact that it was under his administration that GSM really took off and other industries as well. At the end of the day there are some things one should consider in this analysis; companies are not appendages of government, Jonathan did not build that Nissan plant so I don't know why the fervent shouting. It is good that Nissan felt the country was one they could do business in and you are free to attribute it to the presidency; but things like power and security which the presidency has DIRECT effect over would hamper the growth and potential of not just this venture but ALL private sector ventures and hence growth and employment in general. What has Jonathan done about that? He has been promising 24hr light since he was a vice president (no exhaggeration), and the country still doesn't have that.

Nigeria has seen the biggest corruption scandals (more and counting) under his administration and there is NO will from the presidency to address this, in fact his presidency is even part of it. His government has had more money at it's disposal in five years than Obasanjo and Yaradua government combined and even more, so what are we really saying here? Put things in perspetive. Does the output you see justify the resources that were available? I don't expect people on this thread to process this, all I say is let elections be free and fair so that people who want to can have a chance at kicking out this wasteful and corupt government.
Excellent!
Pls give this Man a brand new Nissan Suv

2 Likes

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Yehman(m): 11:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
dustmalik:
Buhari plans to bring Rolls-Royce and Bentley, so this is nothing. I would rather aim high than low.
Lol! Why not post this to joke section?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Yehman(m): 11:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
GhaliNaaba:

You are part of the rot in Nigeria. Ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A typical APC thug making noise.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by shady16: 11:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
I don't trust Nigeria yet on this(Automobiles)...

Could be a death trap smiley
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by nwachi1404: 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
dustmalik:
fooool! God will punish u and ur likes that want to ruin dis country. animals!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by chronique(m): 11:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Sometimes,I marvel at the thought process of a lot of Nigerians. People keep asking if the masses can afford these cars;is buying a brand new 2015 model car the number one priority of the masses? In America and Britain,how many of the so called masses can afford brand new 2015 vehicles? If Toyota,mercedes and the likes,were focusing on producing for the masses,would these companies have grown to this stage where they have lots of assembling plants round the world? These companies aren't government owned(Nigerian govt),they are private businesses and their major focus is to deliver their products to clients who can afford them. The masses have no business with brand new 2015 high end vehicles. The world does not and should not revolve around the masses. While I know and believe that govt should create an opportunity for the masses to live comfortably to a reasonable level,major projects like these,shouldn't be firstly about the masses. When GSM came into Nigeria,it wasn't for the masses. But over the years,new investors came in,and the competition grew so strong and today,even the poorest of Nigerians can afford a phone of 2000 naira and a simcard of 100 naira. That is what competition does. It evens the market out over a long period of time and allows the laws of demand and supply to take its toll on prices. Anybody who is earning less than 10million naira a year,has no reason to go near a brand new car of 2015. That's a clear cut case of wanting to live above one's means. Those of you who think American masses are driving 2015 model cars,need to smack yourselves back to reality.

BRAND NEW 2015 MODEL CARS ARE NOT FOR THE MASSES. LET THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD THEM,BUY IT.

3 Likes

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by nwachi1404: 11:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
aimuan:
How many Nigerians can afford one of this cars?we need Government that can affect majority of the masses positively not the one that favor few.
not many Nigerians can afford it but many Nigerians are working there plus it will reduce capital flight. With its expansion many more will be employed. I wonder why u guys are so blinded by hate. does it mean that APC is a party that hates development and positive transformation? what is ur problem with good things?

1 Like

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by aceswagg: 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
Why does this strike me as staged, these guys just don't look like they ve been working for long, everything is too clean, the place is empty and no single welding equipment. Just saying looks like a photo shoot.
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Eddieactor: 11:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
GhaliNaaba:
Fraud of a policy, yeye baka. You put Cart before horse and expect miracle you people are failure for supporting this shallow Idea, tell me where they see iron they used for the car?
What about the tyre and the others. Our iron production must be working to the full capacity first and the electricity must be regular. You take part of motor to Nigeria for assemblage and you are celebrating. Group of failures.
If GEJ still advertise his achievement of 6 years, it meand he did nothing.
Nigeria has decide to March Buhari into Aso rock and GEJ out from Aso rock.
APC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mumu...........

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by otunbadan(m): 11:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
ba7man:
Non of the posters above me can afford a brand new Nissan. #FACT. cheesy

Lie

1 Like

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by otunbadan(m): 11:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
aceswagg:
Why does this strike me as staged, these guys just don't look like they ve been working for long, everything is too clean, the place is empty and no single welding equipment. Just saying looks like a photo shoot.

K
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Ikengawo: 11:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
harry509:
well dats gud. Bt my view is dis hw many averange nigerian's can aford it?

So it's Nissan's fault you're a failure? How many of your former classmates are driving BMWs that you're hear blaming GEJ because you chose to drop out of school.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by tushbobo(m): 11:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
This is an assembly plant
Nigeria has been assembling cars since the days of PAN...Peugeot cars
This is not even automated...well this is surely not a vehicle manufacturing plant
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by mikron(m): 11:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]my able presido, my former governor, my fellow statesman i greet u. na u we know, it is only enemies that wants u removed but they will fail. GEJ TILL 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 20, 2015
Vote GMB in to stop all ds "nonsense" GEJ is doing...

Vote GMB in o...una hear?
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by aimuan(m): 12:00am On Feb 21, 2015
nwachi1404:

not many Nigerians can afford it but many Nigerians are working there plus it will reduce capital flight. With its expansion many more will be employed. I wonder why u guys are so blinded by hate. does it mean that APC is a party that hates development and positive transformation? what is ur problem with good things?
you talk of development and transformation,what do you call development without electricity?production of cars and stable Electricity which one do we really need the most in Nigeria?hav u ever spend some time outside Nigeria?am not sure becos if u do,u wont speak like this.
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by myproperty(m): 12:06am On Feb 21, 2015
Martins301:
Can an average Nigerian who is not a thieving politician afford to buy those cars? No. Are there good roads to ride the cars on? No. Are the parts used for making the vehicles produced in Nigeria? No. What then is the cause of celebration?

GEJ should leave Aso Rock peacefully. Am sure when Buhari. comes, he would take care of important issues like electricity, good roads, and revive our steel mills so as. to make vehicle production a sustainable venture in Nigeria.

politicians account for less than 1% of cars driven in Nigeria. Cars are already being driven in Nigerian roads.

The cause for celebration is this:
1. In Oct 3rd 2013, the federal government introduced a new automotive policy which resulted in the production of the first made in Nigeria car called innoson (http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nnoson-unveils-first-truly-made-in-nigeria-cars/195917/) and they employed 7200 staffs in the plastic and automobile section of the company not to talk about the indirect jobs created, which as to do with dealers, suppliers of raw materials and other needs to the firm.

2. Then came hyundai and Nissan, whether made in Nigeria or assembled in Nigeria. More jobs are created directly and indirectly and definitely the price cannot be as high like before.
The fact is that the government industrial policy is showing positive result, no wonder some production firms that were dead are beginning to function again, such as some textile industries and breweries and new firms are springing up in automobile,breweries,agriculture,aviation etc.

in essence this policy had strengthened the economy by creating more jobs, sooner or later the need to cut cost of their vehicles because of competition would lead to sourcing for steel locally for the purpose of producing vehicles that are being assembled.

The Buhari you mentioned ruled Nigeria at a time and those things you said he would do, he never did them then, except otherwise he is a different Buhari now.
Come to think of it how do you know he would do it?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by solidman59(m): 12:08am On Feb 21, 2015
You're so myopic and shallow minded. Jst because you're poor doesn't mean others are. Fool!sh contribution
ba7man:
Non of the posters above me can afford a brand new Nissan. #FACT. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by knightsTempler: 12:08am On Feb 21, 2015
dustmalik:

No be only Rolls Royce and Bentley, na donkey and camel. Go smoke some more goat dunk, so you won't stop dreaming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Popemax(m): 12:11am On Feb 21, 2015
Ivanspring:

I was about responding to the post before I saw this.

Illiteracy is a contagious disease in apc and it's becoming epidemic.
you got it right......we need help

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Odometer: Kilometer Vs Miles / Nigerian Who Bought ₦1 Billion Chevrolet In Turkey Arrested (Pics, Video) / Meet Jowi Zazaa, A Nigerian Who Bought Lamborghini Aventador Worth N115m - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.