Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Women And Self-objectification - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women And Self-objectification (15991 Views)

Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) / How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. / Nairaland guys and the Objectification Of Their Females. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Ejisz: 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
you all are making sense in either one way or another.
so please try not to be impolite when dropping your opinion okay.
thanks all.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by joseph1832(m): 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
El magnefico! The OP has my respect. Its nice we see such threads like this in this section for once.

2 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
Afrobasic:
Safagirl, nice write up but Haven't you heard?

Women are not to be blamed for anything. it's easier to blame the patriarch. It's society's fault.

Feminist/feminism don't agree with you. undecided
Thank you! tell them.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
illicit:
Watch a YMCMB video, all them male rappers wearing clothes, then you see Nikki and some other a s s h o l e s barely clothed hmmm
If nicki wasn't like that, do you think people will want to buy the music or even watch it? When she released her "pills and potions" video, it didn't get more views than the way "anaconda" got up to 100+ views in three days. so yeah! women who chose to objectify themselves in music videos have no choice, cause that's what society want and will always want.

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Wolexdey(m): 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
Very lovely write-up...Big ups and @ Op live what you preach as well...Big ups
Re: Women And Self-objectification by illicit(m): 7:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nneka123:
If nicki wasn't like that, do you think people will want to buy the music or even watch it? When she released her "pills and potions" video, it didn't get more views than the way "anaconda" got up to 100+ views in three days. so yeah! women who chose to objectify themselves in music videos have no choice, cause that's what society want and will always want.
well did sade adu, celine dion, lauryn hill even missy misdeamnour elliot went naked to get views, that hoe aint even in their league, society dont want u naked if u dont want to, chimamanda adichie weas clothes, she won great awards, hell she even got a grammy nomination

4 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Rapture4real(m): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
phrancez:
Long epistle of a baseless topic, even the gods won't read through.
There are women who stand out and are outstanding so stop complaining, it every woman's choice.

Only a pervert will hate the post.God will hold everyone responsible for the evil one has done like Sodom and Gomorrah. The aim of Satan is to send as many people as possible to hell and only weapon,trusted and tested to use in this end time is sex.Women remember what Satan used you to cause in the Garden of Eden.He is at it again using women to round off his strategy against men.You will give account on the last day.ROM.12:1-2

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Rapmoney(m): 8:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nneka123:
I totally understand your point of view and where you are

coming from with your point. You're actually talking about the women who just decided that they wanna show their booobs or asss on social media like Instagram. For example, if a girl was suppose to put a picture of not showing her breasts or ass, just a simple picture, she will not get as much likes, as she will, if she had a picture of her displaying her boobs. I'm not against you trying to prove this point that women are the cause of them being objectify, but first of all it's not in any way their fault! it's society.The idea that sex sell is a hallucinating idea, A false hope in some sense because when we try to sell sex, we try to sell subjectivity and objectivity, where men act as subjects and women acts as objects. And objects can never be empowered. So, even those models who are paid, they are not empowered, and they are not choosing it they are being forced to do it, As because of the existing male chauvinist society, where women are for being used for sex, to do work at home, to be a baby doll, etc.And that's what mainstream media tries to project and tries to sell women in this way.
In all those music videos, you will realize that women are unnecessarily asked to be dancing and shaking their ass! while men are in full clothes. most of the male singers are comfortable in clothes while female singers are overly sexualized and hyper sexualized to sell that music or video. It's not the fault of those women but it is the fault of those directors trying to promote those videos.

Anyways! your point wasn't bad. i understand where you were coming from.
I thought you were a sensible person on NL until I saw this post! Now, who told you the women are forced into it as you claimed? They degrade themselves based on greed, materialism, poor upbringing, low mentality, lack of intelligence, etc. From now on, I go dey look u with Gbejero eye...u nor try!

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
The OP isn't in any way physically appealing. I smell envy. Envy motivated her to write this truthful piece.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by ireneony(f): 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
Generals02:

*Fed up with.... / *tired of........
dont you ever in your worthless life quote me again.
psychopath!
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Trafficjam11: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
Cutehector:
One thing I like abt life is d freedom of expression. D right to live as u like. Its all abt choice. So dear, u dnt need to kill urself over such behaviours, wen they get sense, dey wil stop. Your words are very good and I lyk it. Thumbs up.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Avalani(m): 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
Syphax:

Yea,its every woman's choice but at times,you don't keep quiet when you see some idiots make the wrong choices.

Some girls don't have good upbringing,its our duty to show them the way.Don't say its none of your business because they might influence your children in future!

When you help others,you are helping yourself!

So true
Re: Women And Self-objectification by koyyess: 11:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
Syphax:

Comot for road jhor,you are one of the guys that believe that women should be trampled upon by men.Is your mum a housewife?Is your wife(?) a housewife?Do their status as housewives make you happy?

You need to be re-orientated!Women aren't an "Object for our sexual satisfaction".

A woman has to stand up for herself,stop calling her a feminist!
Thank you for answering that ignorant dumbo. His mates died in the 18th century.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 21, 2015
GBAM!
my madam has spoken.

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by koyyess: 12:02am On Feb 22, 2015
@ op, its not just females that have this degrading psychological problem. Males too can have the most irritating low self esteem. Or how else would you look at a male who has a habit of boasting about his conquests to prove he is a man but never leads any intelligent discussion or venture into something productive. Look around you, even male entertainers who feature half naked girls have nothing to offer in their music - that's why their music can never be classics and after years of mismanagement, they end up broke. There is no such thing as a man is a man- we know who real men are and what they are made of. Some times when I hear some males speak, it is as if they are natural born transvestites.

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by ebosse(m): 12:10am On Feb 22, 2015
safarigirl:
I'm mostly on the case of those women who don't get paid for the objectification

Then again, I've never been one to blame the society for anything, the people make the society so I will always blame the people. The sooner people stop blaming the society for all that is wrong and start the campaign to end he objectification of women, especially the females, the better for the society.

Jeez! I sound like some activist right now undecided

You're just saying it as it is... Ppl find all sort of flimsy excuses ( Just like she's doing right now) to justify their wayward lifestyle.

Some of the most beautiful and prettiest girls I met ( still see everyday) were on trousers and hijab, looking extremely smart and appealing!
Re: Women And Self-objectification by ebosse(m): 12:45am On Feb 22, 2015
Nneka123:

Don't be deceived!!! Do yourself a favour... Go to Wikipedia and search for this name "LAURYN HILL" ....

Last time I checked she won about SIX (6) GRAMMYs ( The most prestigious music award in the world) with just one ( Partially rap) album .. Nicki is still struggling to get 1 and she just released her 3rd album or so..

Eve and Missy Elliot were also famous and successful @ 1 time ( without exposing themselves)

POINT: U don't need to go unclad to get awards, money (enough to get by) or even fame ( the OP just got famous with this topic... Myself and other dudes just followed her because she's intelligent .. I might end up stalking her cos I'm a sucker for brilliant ladies) ..

Only LAZY girls driven by GREED expose themselves shamefully because they believe that's the easiest way to get quick bucks.

2 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by orble: 2:52am On Feb 22, 2015
Syphax:

Comot for road jhor,you are one of the guys that believe that women should be trampled upon by men.Is your mum a housewife?Is your wife(?) a housewife?Do their status as housewives make you happy?

You need to be re-orientated!Women aren't an "Object for our sexual satisfaction".

A woman has to stand up for herself,stop calling her a feminist!

Wow... so housewives are objects.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by orble: 3:00am On Feb 22, 2015
LIKE THIS ONE... LOL!

Re: Women And Self-objectification by orble: 3:11am On Feb 22, 2015
irunobo3:
[s][/s]

Rubbish

haa .. why?
Re: Women And Self-objectification by jerrymej(m): 3:18am On Feb 22, 2015
It's no doubt you are right.
Nigerian ladies have develop this act of becoming a sex symbol, it's quiet sadden that some goes wide on cameras revealing the Cleavages and asset with the urge of popularizing them, or even emerged them as celebrities (by force celebrities). Some for the purpose of seeking attention from men, and as a true fact isn't that name you give your self that you'll be called? For christ sake I don't know what's wrong with Nigerian ladies precisely for going through this mess.

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Etetejake(m): 8:26am On Feb 22, 2015
aristocrazzy:
But that's not the issue. In a society where all eyes are on making money, what do you expect from the girls that are hustling with their body. Just leave them like that. Go and hustle your own way.

Not all women who displays their asset does so for the sake of money. Some do so in the name of to look beautiful and attractive, Some bkx they see others doing so, and some do so to become popular online, like maheeda and co. It is my first turn off. they ar just showing me wot I need o suffer and c on a platter of gold. y worry myself yet to c and do wot I av already c? they ar just helping me 1 to make the right choose on which girl is sane and which is insane
2 to know a responsible girl from the bad ass
3 to help me curb my urge for sex since I can't sleep with a public facility. thanks to them sha.

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by doofanc: 9:15am On Feb 22, 2015
BlackLeopard:
I don't think self-objectification is possible. Objectification, as a concept, is something someone else does to a person, not a thing person do dey demself.

Its very possible.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by doofanc: 9:41am On Feb 22, 2015
Nneka123:
I totally understand your point of view and where you are

coming from with your point. You're actually talking about the women who just decided that they wanna show their booobs or asss on social media like Instagram. For example, if a girl was suppose to put a picture of not showing her breasts or ass, just a simple picture, she will not get as much likes, as she will, if she had a picture of her displaying her boobs. I'm not against you trying to prove this point that women are the cause of them being objectify, but first of all it's not in any way their fault! it's society.The idea that sex sell is a hallucinating idea, A false hope in some sense because when we try to sell sex, we try to sell subjectivity and objectivity, where men act as subjects and women acts as objects. And objects can never be empowered. So, even those models who are paid, they are not empowered, and they are not choosing it they are being forced to do it, As because of the existing male chauvinist society, where women are for being used for sex, to do work at home, to be a baby doll, etc.And that's what mainstream media tries to project and tries to sell women in this way.
In all those music videos, you will realize that women are unnecessarily asked to be dancing and shaking their ass! while men are in full clothes. most of the male singers are comfortable in clothes while female singers are overly sexualized and hyper sexualized to sell that music or video. It's not the fault of those women but it is the fault of those directors trying to promote those videos.

Anyways! your point wasn't bad. i understand where you were coming from.

smh @ bolded. If that is not the very essence of objectification, the very thrust of OP's well articulated piece, then I sure don't know what is.

So, we shouldn't blame those women for lacking moral courage to say "NO MR DIRECTOR, I WILL NOT PLAY THAT PARTICULAR PART NO MATTER THE INDUCEMENT BECAUSE IT DEBASES ME", abi? We should blame the director instead?? For real??

Na wa O!!

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by 100Cents: 12:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
God bless the writer..

Women have made themselves objects are proud with that..
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Mhizizzy(f): 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
Genea:
d western world has contaminated our brain like virulent bacterias

Wesud get a cure b4 it spreads like ebola
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Genea(f): 1:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
Mhizizzy:

Wesud get a cure b4 it spreads like ebola
hahhaha ur head is dere
Re: Women And Self-objectification by mizkeleke(f): 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2015
Wow op u nailed it.....I wish ladies would learn from their mistakes and start thinking of ways to influence the world positively.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by davide470(m): 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
Safarigirl, nice points you raised there..

...But some of us actually love our women to be brain-ish with the "asses and boobies" inclusive..

...and by the way, I know guys who have spent time analyzing Chimamanda Adichie "Physical gifts".. When they finish their report, you will be the first to know.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by tolutweety(m): 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
davide470:

...But some of us actually love our women to be brain-ish with the "asses and boobies" inclusive..

Barman.. Give this man one bottle of snapp!

Don't mention,the bill is on me.
smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by veevean1(f): 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
davide470:

...and by the way, I know guys who have spent time analyzing Chimamanda Adichie "Physical gifts".. When they finish their report, you will be the first to know.
Clears throat
Re: Women And Self-objectification by davide470(m): 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
tolutweety:

Barman.. Give this man one bottle of snapp!

Don't mention,the bill is on me.
smiley smiley

BarMan, Fast na. My Oga just gave you an order..

veevean1:

Clears throat
..Do you fit clearly to the description as boldly highlighted in the comment you quoted?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12 Surprising Facts About Cheating / What Is The Essence Of Dating? / 10 Reasons Why I Hate Being A Woman:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.