Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Women And Self-objectification - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women And Self-objectification (15995 Views)

Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) / How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. / Nairaland guys and the Objectification Of Their Females. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
realtem:
I like this girl/lady/woman.

Lady or woman is fine by me. wink smiley

Thanks. smiley
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Fourwinds: 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
Syphax:

Yea,its every woman's choice but at times,you don't keep quiet when you see some idiots make the wrong choices.

Some girls don't have good upbringing,its our duty to show them the way.Don't say its non of your business because they might influence your children in future!When you help others,you are helping yourself!
good talk man

2 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by fexichi(f): 4:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
Some women do not really know these things. They just follow the crowd and that is not a way to stand out. If this goes on and we allow such women make those choices because it is their body, then I fear for our daughters ... and our sons.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Danhumprey: 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
dechandel:
2004 land rover you mean? No offeinse angry
Sweery,should I type slowly so you can catch up? Gaddemit!angry
Re: Women And Self-objectification by illicit(m): 4:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
So much for 'using what you have to get what you want'

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by illicit(m): 4:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
Watch a YMCMB video, all them male rappers wearing clothes, then you see Nikki and some other a s s h o l e s barely clothed hmmm
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Kelly32: 4:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nneka123:
I totally understand your point of view and where you are

coming from with your point. You're actually talking about the women who just decided that they wanna show their booobs or asss on social media like Instagram. For example, if a girl was suppose to put a picture of not showing her breasts or ass, just a simple picture, she will not get as much likes, as she will, if she had a picture of her displaying her boobs. I'm not against you trying to prove this point that women are the cause of them being objectify, but first of all it's not in any way their fault! it's society.The idea that sex sell is a hallucinating idea, A false hope in some sense because when we try to sell sex, we try to sell subjectivity and objectivity, where men act as subjects and women acts as objects. And objects can never be empowered. So, even those models who are paid, they are not empowered, and they are not choosing it they are being forced to do it, As because of the existing male chauvinist society, where women are for being used for sex, to do work at home, to be a baby doll, etc.And that's what mainstream media tries to project and tries to sell women in this way.
In all those music videos, you will realize that women are unnecessarily asked to be dancing and shaking their ass! while men are in full clothes. most of the male singers are comfortable in clothes while female singers are overly sexualized and hyper sexualized to sell that music or video. It's not the fault of those women but it is the fault of those directors trying to promote those videos.

Anyways! your point wasn't bad. i understand where you were coming from.

My dear, I don't think you understand where she is coming from and your comment is overly loaded with IRRESPONSIBILITY. Your statements suggest that the problem is that of society, but I put it to you that these women on those video's are actually PAID (meaning they collect money) to trade-off their dignity. Hence they consciously weight the costs and the benefits before selling their dignity.

My dear it boils down to CONSCIENCE. Every lady that dresses the way she does has a motive, a reason, a purpose deep down her conscience that backs up what she does. But then there is a direct connection with her intent and how she sees herself, either as a cheap object to conquer sexually or as a person of prestige to be valued. So my dear, end this irresponsible talk of pushing the blame on society. After all, its us individuals and our actions that make up society.

8 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by tsdarkside(m): 4:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
safarigirl...remember me?

i caught you writing rubbish in another tread... angry angry
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Kossyne(m): 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
safarigirl:
Most times today, we watch music videos that depict women as sex objects, nothing more and maybe something less. Future mothers are seen as playthings to satisfy a man's pleasure and be done away with.
Most times, when we see such, we curse out the artistes and go on the internet to rant and rave for good measure

But why? I mean, can you really blame those artistes? Can you really blame those men who see women as sex objects, not people with brains in their heads, with great ideas, sharp intellects, just someone that would 'make sense' for a bang and brag?

No, I choose to not blame men, I choose to blame women. Because women have made fools of themselves more often than not while men look on, because women feel the need to take pictures of their naked thighs and overflowing breasts in bras and shirts that are two sizes too small and post them on social networks like Instagram, twitter, facebook, and even 2go (for christ's sake 2go? Are you for real?! angry)in a bid to snag one empty-headed, dimwit (the only class of guys who pay attention to such ladies)...who funny enough, after shagging her will feel the sick need to announce to the world about his latest 'conquest'

Case-in-point, there are these two chics on twitter who let's just say, aren't known for suggesting anything creative (...well, not in areas that affect humanity wink)...they had this fight on twitter where they both basically accused each other of sleeping with men for 'chicken change'

I mean, I'm not saying you shouldn't hustle, but for the sake of all that is intelligent, keep yo' shiit to yo'self angry....the entire world need not know how many men you have kpanshed. I mean, we're all glad that certain people have active sex lives and insatiable libidos, hell, we're ecstatic for you, but we would rather concern ourselves with more pressing matters

I won't even go into the embarrassing and befuddling stewpidity which that Jombo chic that komole'd with Davido displayed by posting pictures of herself with a passed out Davido after a night of (what we assume was) sex.

Ladies, looks will only take you so far. Not everyone is Kim Kardashian or Amber Rose, and nobody can be either of those two ladies on this obodo naija that we are (unfortunately), you will only end up like either Afrocandy or Maheeda (3kobo po-rn 'stars', no be better market be that undecided)...so kindly stop advertising your wares. You're not the only one with a phat assss and perky boobiess, there are about 3.9 billion other people in the world who share those traits as well, so you have to distinguish yourself with something else

I doubt anyone knows anything concerning Chimamanda Adichie's physical 'gifts' because like I told my roomie, people are too busy analysing her 'brain' to give a rat's genitals about the size of her assss, if you're talented enough, people won't care about your physical attributes (ask Lupita N'yongo). Stand out, don't just be an asss and boobiess, be a person

God bless smiley

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Edusouls(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
hahaha, women image were dented since eden days, so not modern day naked dancers did it...
missclassy:

You are right. Most females are really putting a huge dent on the general image of women, creating unnecessary stereotypes.

By the way dechandel, are you Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
RicKyRichards:

Why do you have Alicia Keys as your DP this time around? She's a beauty anyway. cheesy
nneka123 helep dz guy na, u want make him sniff ur äss till eternity?
shocked
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
@safagirl

nice write up.

i love this

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
@safagirl

nice write up. I just wish ladies/women Change their ways of life so we can get our respect back.

Women are the architect of their own predicaments. The way you present yourself mostly determines how you are approached.

Thanks for the words
Re: Women And Self-objectification by mamadsquare: 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
safarigirl:
Most times today, we watch music videos that depict women as sex objects, nothing more and maybe something less. Future mothers are seen as playthings to satisfy a man's pleasure and be done away with.
Most times, when we see such, we curse out the artistes and go on the internet to rant and rave for good measure

But why? I mean, can you really blame those artistes? Can you really blame those men who see women as sex objects, not people with brains in their heads, with great ideas, sharp intellects, just someone that would 'make sense' for a bang and brag?

No, I choose to not blame men, I choose to blame women. Because women have made fools of themselves more often than not while men look on, because women feel the need to take pictures of their naked thighs and overflowing breasts in bras and shirts that are two sizes too small and post them on social networks like Instagram, twitter, facebook, and even 2go (for christ's sake 2go? Are you for real?! angry)in a bid to snag one empty-headed, dimwit (the only class of guys who pay attention to such ladies)...who funny enough, after shagging her will feel the sick need to announce to the world about his latest 'conquest'

Case-in-point, there are these two chics on twitter who let's just say, aren't known for suggesting anything creative (...well, not in areas that affect humanity wink)...they had this fight on twitter where they both basically accused each other of sleeping with men for 'chicken change'

I mean, I'm not saying you shouldn't hustle, but for the sake of all that is intelligent, keep yo' shiit to yo'self angry....the entire world need not know how many men you have kpanshed. I mean, we're all glad that certain people have active sex lives and insatiable libidos, hell, we're ecstatic for you, but we would rather concern ourselves with more pressing matters

I won't even go into the embarrassing and befuddling stewpidity which that Jombo chic that komole'd with Davido displayed by posting pictures of herself with a passed out Davido after a night of (what we assume was) sex.

Ladies, looks will only take you so far. Not everyone is Kim Kardashian or Amber Rose, and nobody can be either of those two ladies on this obodo naija that we are (unfortunately), you will only end up like either Afrocandy or Maheeda (3kobo po-rn 'stars', no be better market be that undecided)...so kindly stop advertising your wares. You're not the only one with a phat assss and perky boobiess, there are about 3.9 billion other people in the world who share those traits as well, so you have to distinguish yourself with something else

I doubt anyone knows anything concerning Chimamanda Adichie's physical 'gifts' because like I told my roomie, people are too busy analysing her 'brain' to give a rat's genitals about the size of her assss, if you're talented enough, people won't care about your physical attributes (ask Lupita N'yongo). Stand out, don't just be an asss and boobiess, be a person

God bless smiley

@OP, God bless you.
i don't understand why a full grown lady that God took so much time to create and wonderfully make decide to strip to undies in a music video or to take a photo. Haha!
Abeg have some self worth.
These artistes will sing of wanting ur boobz or asss and he will spray money everywhere, he is inadvertently telling you your body is a commodity that can be bought.
And you see ladies throng audition centres in order to be a part of such decadence.
Why don't you turn yourself to one that will be sought after for great intellectual capabilities or high morals or impeccable standards or attaining the impossible through hard work instead of flaunting boobz that would have turned to slippers and asss that would be contributing to arthritis by the time you clock 50.
He who has hears, let him hear.

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
Op I just looked at your profile picture, it seems the problem you have is that you are bootyless so you have nothing to flaunt and therefore decided to beef the endowed ladies with this mumu thread .....its a common problem with women who have ironing board stature cry

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Afrobasic(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
Safagirl, nice write up but Haven't you heard?

Women are not to be blamed for anything. it's easier to blame the patriarch. It's society's fault.

Feminist/feminism don't agree with you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Oahray: 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
Nneka123:
I totally understand your point of view and where you are

coming from with your point. You're actually talking about the women who just decided that they wanna show their booobs or asss on social media like Instagram. For example, if a girl was suppose to put a picture of not showing her breasts or ass, just a simple picture, she will not get as much likes, as she will, if she had a picture of her displaying her boobs. I'm not against you trying to prove this point that women are the cause of them being objectify, but first of all it's not in any way their fault! it's society.The idea that sex sell is a hallucinating idea, A false hope in some sense because when we try to sell sex, we try to sell subjectivity and objectivity, where men act as subjects and women acts as objects. And objects can never be empowered. So, even those models who are paid, they are not empowered, and they are not choosing it they are being forced to do it, As because of the existing male chauvinist society, where women are for being used for sex, to do work at home, to be a baby doll, etc.And that's what mainstream media tries to project and tries to sell women in this way.
In all those music videos, you will realize that women are unnecessarily asked to be dancing and shaking their ass! while men are in full clothes. most of the male singers are comfortable in clothes while female singers are overly sexualized and hyper sexualized to sell that music or video. It's not the fault of those women but it is the fault of those directors trying to promote those videos.

Anyways! your point wasn't bad. i understand where you were coming from.
now this here is what I dislike the most about the average woman - she's always the victim. She never does something wrong because she's dishonest or greedy. No. It's because men (or the society men created) made them do it. In fact the ladies are always forced, and they cannot walk away from the money because no woman is supposed to walk away from the money.

So what of the ladies who have stood different over the years? The leaders, nobel laureates, writers, etc. Why aren't they twerking off by force on some music video?

Thank goodness I know some ladies with brains. It's just a shame that the rest of you are in the majority.

Seriously, Nneka123, you don't sound like someone who knows she's ALLOWED to use her brain. Goodnews is, you don't need permission from men.

4 Likes

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Oahray: 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
Safarigirl, nice post. I wish more girls would stop and think too, instead of blaming the society like they have no say over their own bodies.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Brugo(m): 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
Syphax:

Comot for road jhor,you are one of the guys that believe that women should be trampled upon by men.Is your mum a housewife?Is your wife(?) a housewife?Do their status as housewives make you happy?

You need to be re-orientated!Women aren't an "Object for our sexual satisfaction".

A woman has to stand up for herself,stop calling her a feminist!
How did my mother and wife get into the mix bro?

If you wanna be politically correct, I believe you can do so without crossing the line of mutual respect.

If at your age and with your education, you cannot recognize a statement born of raw, unbridled passion then you should be sorry for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Daresh(f): 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
Cutehector:
One thing I like abt life is d freedom of expression. D right to live as u like. Its all abt choice. So dear, u dnt need to kill urself over such behaviours, wen they get sense, dey wil stop. Your words are very good and I lyk it. Thumbs up.

I beg to differ. Such displays tend to rub off on the rest of us. A lot of men do not think beautiful women have brains, hence the dumb blonde jokes. When we cheapen our selves it rubs off on other women. I have had men proposition me and ask how much because my fellow females have shown them we have a price.

I am smart, beautiful and talented and I want to be judged for my brains and abilities and not the size of my boobs and ass.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Cutehector(m): 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
Daresh:

I beg to differ. Such displays tend to rub off on the rest of us. A lot of men do not think beautiful women have brains, hence the dumb blonde jokes. When we cheapen our selves it rubs off on other women. I have had men proposition me and ask how much because my fellow females have shown them we have a price.

I am smart, beautiful and talented and I want to be judged for my brains and abilities and not the size of my boobs and ass.
how much?

1 Like

Re: Women And Self-objectification by Missyetty(f): 6:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
Such a nice write up @ op, but who do we blame if not the women, most women now believe it is only when you reveal sensitive parts of your body that you will look appealing to men, this is an eye opener for those who want to hear. #wearenotsexobject
Re: Women And Self-objectification by sulmeza(m): 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
Generals02:

*Fed up with.... / *tired of........
lol...badman....dat's d onli tin u pickd...funi guy..lol
Re: Women And Self-objectification by NaijaKnight(m): 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
safarigirl:

God bless smiley

Wow! Just wow! When I saw the thread topic, I almost scrolled past it 'cos I subconsciously thought it was one o' them threads/counter-threads but MY! you blew me away with such articulate expression. Not to sound easily overwhelmed, but I stand in awe of not your perky boobs or ravishing ass but at the sheer magnitude of your brilliance. Well said sis, well said.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by sulmeza(m): 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
Wow..cnt bliv i read dat,top 2 bottom...nice1 safarigal...
Only if dey'll listen..
Re: Women And Self-objectification by BlackLeopard(m): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
I don't think self-objectification is possible. Objectification, as a concept, is something someone else does to a person, not a thing person do dey demself.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Daresh(f): 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
Cutehector:
how much?

Iya e
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Cutehector(m): 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Daresh:

Iya e
lol I dnt understand yoruba embarassed
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Daresh(f): 6:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
Cutehector:
lol I dnt understand yoruba embarassed

ask around
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Cutehector(m): 6:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
Daresh:

ask around
whr do u think I am? Pls tel me jor
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Daresh(f): 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
Cutehector:
whr do u think I am? Pls tel me jor

Iya e means, your mother. Ask her her price.
Re: Women And Self-objectification by Cutehector(m): 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
Daresh:

Iya e means, your mother. Ask her her price.
daresh erm, I wil pretend not to get serious wit dat. Let's leav it at dat. U told me I should ask u how much whch I did and nw u r bringn my mum into d matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Black Berry Wahala Wit My Girlfriend / My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone / I Beg If You Have Her As Your Wife Will You Still Cheat On Her (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.