Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

My True Life Love Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My True Life Love Story (46169 Views)

^^^^^^^^^^two Novembers To Remember^^^^^^^^^^^ True Life (love) Story / Ladies Lounge..life,love,dressing,food And Everything Ladylike.(season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
Njide had just found a lost friend late 2010
A good friend
Chidi was like a brother to her.She remembered many many years ago he was home visiting from his med school in the SW and Njide was home also for the weekend and they met up.
In a conversation she poured out her heart to her friend and brother,she told him she was in trouble,she was fighting a battle in her heart.
He already knew she was engaged to someone but now he heard that there is another young man who had relentlessly pursued her for months and she was beginning to cave in.
She also revealed that she had finally accepted a date with him at his place the following day, Sunday as soon as she got back from the weekend.
Chidi asked her not to go,he pleaded.Njide you and I know what this young man wants,don't go,I don't want you hurt he said.

As Njide rode back in the taxi cab from her parents home she thought about Chidi's words, she also knew loverboy was probably at home waiting to see her in a few hours time.
She battled with these thoughts
She prayed,at the same time she was looking forward to the date,then Chidi's words would ring again,"Njide don't go".
She thought about her fiance also,she was already having doubts about the relationship,she wanted to keep the date,she wanted to be true to herself and God,her heart raced back and forth with thoughts overflowing as the taxi raced down the expressway towards the city she was headed.
Njide arrived the hostel at 4 Pm ,took a quick bath changed clothes and hailed another cab to the campus gate and shortly afterwards was standing at the address knocking.

The first time she met loverboy was by a gate at the hospital,he looked at her and smiled,she returned the smile and instantly his heart spoke to hers and hers to his.They met again at a formal setting where she heard him speak and was totally smitten but kept it to herself then he made his move,she turned down all his dates and here she was a few months later knocking on his door.
He opened the door and smiled,asking after her parents.She thought that was very thoughtful.
He served her a meal, it was beans and yam with a bottle of coke.
She was not a good fan of beans,it always did a number in her stomach but it would be rude to say no so she ate the food and drank the coke.
They talked like they had known each other for years.
She already knew a few things about him from short conversations in the past.
She couldn't help notice that his place looked very neat and that his cologne smelled incredible but she made no comments about that,he shared the flat with a colleague of his,another young man.
It was a lovely evening,they had a great time talking ,the roommate joined in at some point and just as she was about to leave,the heavens opened up and it began to rain.It didn't just rain,it poured and poured and poured very heavily and it was obvious she couldn't go home that night and panicked,she didn't want to sleep in a house with practically two strange men.
She knew him somewhat,she knew they were both in respected professions but she wanted to go home to her hostel.The next day was Monday,she needed to be in class.
But the rain wouldn't stop,then it dawned on her that she was stuck,night had fallen and it was time for bed.

Njide wondered what to do
Had she made the greatest mistake of her life
The power company NEPA had also quickly shut down the electric supply as soon as the first lightning struck.
At this time it was 8 PM ,pouring outside and pitch black.
Loverboy had lit a small florescent lamp that illuminated the living room area and the Njide carried on with the conversation trying hard to act normal.Loverboy assured her she was safe and she relaxed a bit but her thoughts quickly shifted to her best friend and roommate on campus,Ify with flashes of her fiance Okey.
She hadn't told Ify where she was going,Ify knew Njide had a couple of distant relatives in town and her fiance's sister whom she visited from time to time lived nearby,Ify knew she had just returned from Owerri and dashed out again saying she'll be right back.
It was now getting very late,what could be going through Ify's mind ,Njide thought.
This was the 90's,there were no cell phones in Nigeria so they couldn't communicate at that moment.
Around 10 PM it was clear to loverboy that Njide wanted to go to bed.
She had had a long day and needed some rest.
He took her to his bedroom,gave her a shirt and a wrapper to change into,at this time the rains had stopped and the light was back.
She waited for him to leave the room so she could change into the "sleeping wear" but he didn't seem to want to leave then she politely asked him to excuse her and he apologized for being lost in thought,forgetting his manners.
She changed into his clothes and lay on the bed covering herself with the wrapper.
Njide knew there was an extra bedroom they used as a storage space,it had no bed,the roommate was in the adjacent bedroom but there was a comfortable couch in the living room and she expected that to be his bed for the night.
She was soon to find out how very wrong that assumption was.
Loverboy wanted Njide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My True Life Love Story by bbtundey(m): 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2015
@babyosis, pls ma kindly send me ur mail address. I really need your help concerning my relationship.
Re: My True Life Love Story by ronald4lif(m): 3:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
Like are we suppose to read all this? angry

1 Like

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
babyosisi@hotmail.com

Bbtunde
Re: My True Life Love Story by cutieberie1(f): 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
will read later
Re: My True Life Love Story by elantraceey(f): 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2015
Summary please.
Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Come and finish this story.

Pls. angry

5 Likes

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
elantraceey:
Summary please.
Man united and Arsenal are about to play. The players are all on the pitch. The whistle was about to be blown for kickoff, and suddenly, a _naked girl ran onto the pitch with boobs bouncing. . .

How do you read your books in school?

6 Likes

Re: My True Life Love Story by elantraceey(f): 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
Blackett:
Man united and Arsenal are about to play. The players are all on the pitch. The whistle was about to be blown for kickoff, and suddenly, a _naked girl ran onto the pitch with boobs bouncing. . .

How do you read your books in school?

Sorry I do more of calculations undecided

1 Like

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
elantraceey:

Sorry I do more of calculations undecided
And I'm guessing you submit a summary of the calculations, smartass?

4 Likes

Re: My True Life Love Story by elantraceey(f): 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
Blackett:

I read the first paragraph and didn't see it as something that could be of help to me so I asked for summary just in case I'm wrong , anything wrong in that?

1 Like

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
Blackett:

They said if you want to hide something from an African,put it in a book

2 Likes

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
babyosisi:

The said if you want to hide something from an African,put it in a book
Couldn't agree more.
Re: My True Life Love Story by Raymysterio(m): 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
Kontinu naaaa

1 Like

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Didn't read that all undecided
Re: My True Life Love Story by kenex4ever(m): 6:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
babyosisi:

They said if you want to hide something from an African,put it in a book
ur write up is so good dat it makes d reader ask for more.
I must finish this!
Re: My True Life Love Story by kenex4ever(m): 7:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
elantraceey:

I read the first paragraph and didn't see it as something that could be of help to me so I asked for summary just in case I'm wrong , anything wrong in that?
and u think dats good? Yes, many things Wrong with u asking for summary of the life story of an adult. Most of us here also did engineering in sch n I can tell u dat u don't do more calculations Dan theories.
Ur statement is more of discouragement Dan not.
Re: My True Life Love Story by Sunkyphil(m): 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
am so lazy wen it comes to reading novels
Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
babyosisi

following. This is a classic case of "can something good come oit of nazareth?". finally, a nice thread from the romance section! awesome piece!

1 Like

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
Babyosisi come and complete the story o

3 Likes

Re: My True Life Love Story by Mhizizzy(f): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
She writes good posts. wink continue o

3 Likes

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
End of story coming up

2 Likes

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
Contd

Loverboy wanted Njide and she knew it,she could see it in his eyes when they talked and laughed in the living room,she had been in love many times and can read the eyes of a man smitten.
As she lay on the bed,she thought about her fiance Okey who was away in Kaduna working in a bank.Six months ago she had kissed him goodbye but unbeknown to Okey,her love for him was fading and faded and she hadn't the courage to tell him.
Then suddenly the door opened and in came loverboy she adjusted herself on the bed and he sat beside her,looked deep into her eyes,she smiled,he leaned over and kissed her on the lips,she responded well then he held her very close to his chest then kissed her on the forehead,on her neck,he nibbled gently at her right ear and caressed her ample bosoms and said in the most soothing voice that he loved her from the first day he set his eyes on her.
Njide's heart raced,she wanted him to stop,for 2 years she had been celibate,keeping herself for marriage,but today her flesh had won over the desires of her Spirit .It was not anticipated,it was wrong yet felt so right.

As the morning lights shone through the windows,she got up,took a shower,dressed up,loverboy walked her to the end of the street,hailed down a cab and she waved him goodbye.
That was the beginning of their love affair.

Theirs was the sort of romance you read in story books.The passion could be cut with a knife
Loverboy was determined to make Njide his wife and in a few short weeks it was clear to all that they had become an item.She had a key to his flat,came and went when she pleased,her picture graced his nightstand so it didn't come as a surprise one afternoon when he popped the question in the most ordinary way.
It was a Saturday morning barely 6 weeks after their first date, the sun was shinning brightly,Njide had come by with a bag of groceries to cook some soup and stew when she met loverboy handwashing his clothes in the backyard.
He looked up,quite delighted by her presence and greeted her with a hug.
Njide dropped her bags on the floor and sat on the railing close by while they chatted and laughed.
He had on a pair of boxers, blue and white stripped boxers and a white T shirt.

Then in the middle of a story as she talked and gesticulated in her usual manner,
he looked up at her and said "Njide,I would like to marry you"
Njide laughed and pulled his leg a little by saying No,adding that he couldn't be serious.
From the first date,it was apparent to her that loverboy wanted her for a life partner,all his plans and conversations after that seemed to include her, so the "formal" proposal was not at all a surprise.Even if he'd never said those words,she wouldn't be shocked if he'd just gone ahead and fixed a wedding date.
That was how sure things were.
It is tough being a Christian and in love.Fornication is sin in the sight of God and will always be no matter how we bend it but how does one sit close with a woman or man you adore and keep yourself? This was the constant question that plagued Njide and lover boy .They desperately wanted to please God and have him front center in all this but their humanness always got in the way.
Some days they were strong but some others they weren't and the guilt was unbearable for Njide.
For almost two years she had been celibate and along came this man she loved with all her heart and she broke her rules again and again.
Besides this dilemma was pure love and a deep friendship and over the short months the melting of hearts together as they planned their future
The court marriage,the traditional,the wedding
LOverboy had received a scholarship to study in the UK amidst all this and a second offer with NNPC clinic in Kaduna and was in the midst of decisions,eventually deciding on the UK offer.Barely days after marriage LOverboy left Nigeria
As soon I get there,I will send you an invitation ,he assured her,we will be together in no time.The words were comforting but the thought of being alone a while wasn't.She was already pregnant and the morning sickness was bad,it was no time to be alone.His words were soothing,"I will see you shortly,in no time,take care of yourself,take care of our little baby,don't lift anything heavy.he kissed her,hugged and kissed her again and watched him walk in towards the security station at the MMA ,he turned and waved another goodbye just before disappearing from sight,Njide waved back,tears filled her eyes .

To be contd

3 Likes

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2015
Njide. Normal average nigerian girl. . . Having a fiance somewhere else and fvcking another man, while claiming she cannot tell the man still hoping that she loves him, that her love for him has faded - na their way.

Still watching to see how this ends. I'm sure a special thunder is doing some serious push ups somewhere. . . grin

5 Likes

Re: My True Life Love Story by chronique(m): 4:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
Nice

1 Like

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
Aaah. . . She's pregnant. *thunder rumbling*. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
Blackett:
Njide. Normal average nigerian girl. . . Having a fiance somewhere else and fvcking another man, while claiming she cannot tell the man still hoping that she loves him, that her love for him has faded - na their way.

Still watching to see how this ends. I'm sure a special thunder is doing some serious push ups somewhere. . . grin
cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
Re: My True Life Love Story by marieolae(f): 9:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
Please, let the story continue.
Re: My True Life Love Story by MissSlimbody(f): 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
We are waiting ooooooo
Re: My True Life Love Story by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 23, 2015
Update please!

Before I loose interest! grin
Re: My True Life Love Story by Brymo: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Worst Response To 'I Love You'? / "Nothing Wrong In Dating A Married Man If He Takes Care Of His Family" / Which ''Toasting'' Style Is The Best? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.