Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses (9982 Views)

10 Bible Verses On Tithing / When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by 9jaforlife: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

I am busy..

I must not win all our arguments.... u can have irrelevant ones like this..

Peace

cheesy
May thunder fire your mouth! It wasn't 'our argument', it was me exposing your cheating lying a*ss! See the way you've carefully dodged all the real issues as usual? You can run for now, as you do everytime your bubble is about to burst. Nemesis ALWAYS catches up with evil cool
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by malvisguy212: 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahahahahaha [size=20] why am i not surprised [/size] grin

ok let me give more new testament examples .. grin

You would think that Jesus and the
New Testament would have a
different view of slavery, but slavery
is still approved of in the New
Testament, as the following passages
show.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters
with deep respect and fear. Serve them
sincerely as you would serve Christ.
(Ephesians 6:5 NLT)
Christians who are slaves should
give their masters full respect so that
the name of God and his teaching will
not be shamed. If your master is a
Christian, that is no excuse for being
disrespectful. You should work all the
harder because you are helping
another believer by your efforts.
Teach these truths, Timothy, and
encourage everyone to obey them. (1
Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

Oya go on and start twisting again as usual... grin
Holy lies..

[size=20] Just say what is wrong is wrong and stop making a shameful show of yourself here with these your desperate attempt to white lie the obvious... boss you guys should be honest for once and call a spade a spade [/size]
The Epistles of St. Paul was not a prophesy or commandment infacte Paul was not a prophet he was a teacher the disciples were only advice to continue the teaching of Jesus christ.but the books in the old testament was a commandment from God and I Gave you many verses were God seth law against slavery.

Paul is teaching obedient to the church,the book did not teaches only about slave but every other aspects of obedient,it is the same thing in the old testament,master has rule that will protect him the same thing goes to slaves,children e.t.c read the whole verse and you will understand the content.

6:5-9 The duty of servants is summed up in one word, obedience. The servants of old were generally slaves. The apostles were to teach servants and masters their duties, in doing which evils

Infacte read what verse 9 say;

9 And masters, treat your slaves in the
same way. Do not threaten them, since
you know that he who is both their
Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.
Read the whole verses here https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+6
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by Empiree: 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
9jaforlife:

Parisbookaddict aka Ifeann aka Male aka Female aka Proud Black aka White Woman, does it look like I didn't read the original post

Of course this is your strategy, I know you too well. When your hate post has been adequately discredited, you go into that r*etarded mode, and you start to talk out of context. Despite the fact that I didn't want to chat with you on our last meeting, you kept pestering me, but when I asked you a question that could expose your deceits, you cunningly refused to answer my questions and disappeared (I mean in your other life as Ifeann, before your reincarnation as parisbookaddict ). You begged me to stop quoting you and you came here to do exactly that. Well, God will continue to expose you!
grin grin grin I dey gbadun this one. empire sent ifeann to hell....after a while pauline, peter and james reincarnated her. Soon she will be sent back where she belongs and she will end up opening 20 monikers grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by malvisguy212: 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:

No am sure your brain is interpreting another thing while you read another...

Am done wasting my time with you who is so biased that you cant even read... all quotes were clear enough... Am not gona reply any of your quotes concerning this again..
you sound angry, why nah? I told you to falsified my claimed but you dint instead you are throwing abusive word at me, thank but no thank to where you learn this moral from.
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by parisbookaddict(f): 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
Empiree:
grin grin grin I dey gbadun this one. empire sent ifeann to hell....after a while pauline, peter and james reincarnated her. Soon she will be sent back where she belongs and she will end up opening 20 monikers grin

Ifeann was banned since.. u need to keep up man..

Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by parisbookaddict(f): 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
9jaforlife:

cheesy
May thunder fire your mouth! It wasn't 'our argument', it was me exposing your cheating lying a*ss! See the way you've carefully dodged all the real issues as usual? You can run for now, as you do everytime your bubble is about to burst. Nemesis ALWAYS catches up with evil cool

My sex and race are not the real issues. .

In the mean time read this and tell me what u think

IslamSahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 83, Number 17:Narrated 'Abdullah:Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."Qur'an 3:90-91Lo! those who disbelieve after their (profession of) belief, and afterward grow violent in disbelief: their repentance will not be accepted. And such are those who are astray. Lo! those who disbelieve, and die in disbelief, the (whole) earth full of gold would not be accepted from such an one if it were offered as a ransom (for his soul). Theirs will be a painful doom and they will have no helpers.Sahih Bukhari 9:84:57Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them.
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by parisbookaddict(f): 5:15pm On Feb 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
you sound angry, why nah? I told you to falsified my claimed but you dint instead you are throwing abusive word at me, thank but no thank to where you learn this moral from.

Dont waste ur time with John. .one day if he is lucky he will bend his knees and pray for forgiveness for alot he has said without understanding
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by Empiree: 5:24pm On Feb 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Ifeann was banned since.. u need to keep up man..
#yeyelady. You dont know what it means by sending you to hell on nairaland?. It means exactly the pictures you posted. HELL=BAN or silent.......FOREVER! shocked
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by parisbookaddict(f): 5:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
Empiree:
#yeyelady. You dont know what it means by sending you to hell on nairaland?. It means exactly the pictures you posted. HELL=BAN or silent.......FOREVER! shocked

U and 9jaforlife can not chat without insults..

Oh well...!

Anyway U can't ban me.. u can only ban my accounts..

I am happy because several people have thanked me for the enlightenment and education via my posts. .Several have mailed me to even ask for reading resources...

Ban one ifeann and 2 will take its place..

Peace
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by Empiree: 5:33pm On Feb 24, 2015
I dont think my contribution is neccessary here again. Many have refuted the devils aka parisbookaddict=ifeann from ABAKALIKI and her husband malvisguy212 from Ezeagu and her prostitute husband pastorkun from Isi Uzo who hides behind her skirt.

My only contribution (if I have to) should only be to send her packing......TO HELL. Where she belongs. God Is Greatest
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by parisbookaddict(f): 5:36pm On Feb 24, 2015
Empiree:
I dont think my contribution is neccessary here again. Many have refuted the devils aka parisbookaddict=ifeann from ABAKALIKI and her husband malvisguy212 from Ezeagu and her prostitute husband pastorkun from Isi Uzo who hides behind her skirt.

My only contribution (if I have to) should only be to send her packing......TO HELL. Where she belongs. God Is Greatest
U are funny
Call me ms ifeanyi isi uzo from abakiliki Legos nigeria should u chose
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by malvisguy212: 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2015
Empiree:

you are the one need to be worried caused Allah has already promise you hell when you die.

You guys did not say anything but throw insult on everyone,for the number of time I have chatted with atheists and Muslims, Muslims insults more than atheists.am very disappointed at you guys.
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by johnydon22(m): 6:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
[size=20] ok wait a minute .. So parisbookaddict is really ifeann? Hey what happened naa? [/size]
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by parisbookaddict(f): 6:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:
[size=20] ok wait a minute .. So parisbookaddict is really ifeann? Hey what happened naa? [/size]

Ifeann was banned... tongue grin

The muslims were in disarray. .decided to kill freedom of expression as usual
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by SNCOQ3(m): 6:33pm On Feb 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Oh well...!

I am happy because several people have thanked me for the enlightenment and education via my posts. .Several have mailed me to even ask for reading resources...

Peace
Nice one. Thats the spirit.
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by parisbookaddict(f): 6:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
SNCOQ3:

Nice one. Thats the spirit.

Yeah.. wink
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by SNCOQ3(m): 6:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
you are the one need to be worried caused Allah has already promise you hell when you die.

You guys did not say anything but throw insult on everyone,for the number of time I have chatted with atheists and Muslims, Muslims insults more than atheists. am very disappointed at you guys.
I am surprised you're dissapointed.
You think its easy to sell a psychopath as a "most noble prophet" especially when the facts are now easily available?

It should be the most frustrating "business".
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by johnydon22(m): 6:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Ifeann was banned... tongue grin

The muslims were in disarray. .decided to kill freedom of expression as usual

lolzzz So you are the same person sheeey.. grin but why oga at the top ban you na and how many days or is it permanent?
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by parisbookaddict(f): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:

lolzzz So you are the same person sheeey.. grin but why oga at the top ban you na and how many days or is it permanent?

Lol..I was told a lot of Muslims got angry. .
Over 15 of ifeann ' s post were deleted. .the best ones.. cry

It's a tyranny regime here man ..
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by malvisguy212: 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2015
SNCOQ3:

I am surprised you're dissapointed.
You think its easy to sell a psychopath as a "most noble prophet" especially when the facts are now easily available?

It should be the most frustrating "business".
God bless you.
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by johnydon22(m): 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Lol..I was told a lot of Muslims got angry. .
Over 15 of ifeann ' s post were deleted. .the best ones.. cry

It's a tyranny regime here man ..

lolzz ... so you refused to give up? the struggle is real dude... grin... Show them you can never be silenced grin

Na u and this muslims till Jesus come again... cheesy
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by parisbookaddict(f): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:

lolzz ... so you refused to give up? the struggle is real dude... grin... Show them you can never be silenced grin

Na u and this muslims till Jesus come again... cheesy

It amuses me when some of them insult and curses when presented with the truth empiree and rilwanye001 in particular.. ..some even defend camel piss for good health but won't take it for their depression. .

Read the pics below for some amusement...

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by Empiree: 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:
What happened? She was actually sent to hell fire by empire where she belonged but she ressurected after Mathew, Mark, Luke and john reincarnated her & transformed her to parisbookaddict. She was not banned because of freedom of expression. She was banned ONLY after empire trashed her religious forefathers. But when she was accusing our prophet she was not banned.

In her world, freedom of speeh is attacking other religion in the name of "knowing everything". She also tried to censored muslims by constantly used the word "lie" "taqqiya" in abscence of proper conterclaims to our refutations. She also lied about reliwayne01.

Remember her primary mission according to her was to teach muslims and lazy christian audience what islam is but she was met with strong resistance before being sent to hell. So mission #1 failed.

Now she's under "addict" seeking only non-muslim audience. Look into her profile. This proved that her first mission failed woefully. Now this second mission will fail too. As you can see on this thread non-muslims fired at her really bad. In another word, SHE IS CRUSHED. If she crosses my line again, my intention is to get non-muslims and her buddies, the fanatics to turn against her. #2ndMISSION FAILED

AFTER THAT SHE WILL BE ALONE. Then I will now completely trash her man-god with 3 heads who supposedly should "all powerful" but his $ss was nailed by fanatic jews on the cross. That's what she wants us to worship. A 3-headed god. That's pure polytheism.

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2015
9jaforlife:

Don't mind her. It's that crazy girl Ifeann that is now parading herself as parisbookaddict. She twists words around, justifies actions in the bible and criticizes the Quran for exactly the same thing! Whenever you face her with facts, she ignores it but goes on blabbing about the delusions in her head.

Lol the struggle is real. Its not that deep tbh

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by 9jaforlife: 9:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Oh well...!

Peace

Ifeann aka parisbookaddict aka male aka female aka proud black aka white woman, you should have thought about this before you started the insults.... You got what you asked for. The queen of insults accusing people of insulting, I don't call you a l*unatic for nothing. But if it's paining you, sorry kiss

L*unatic cheesy

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by AgentOfAllah: 9:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
Maybe the message the OP wishes to pass across eludes me because I'm way past my lucid hours. At any rate, there is something terribly wrong if, in the 21st century, you're trying to justify the crude practice of slavery as recorded in the bible.

I have nothing against the people who practiced it in the past. They didn't know better. How could they when their best judgements were informed by tools that were limited to perfunctory observations? My problem is with retrogrades like the op and other religionists who believe in the infallibility of historical figures who, by now, should have vanished into the forgotten pages of time, but instead, have their anachronistic and absurd teachings constantly and compulsively defended against every sense of reason and decency.

On the other hand, if the op is inviting me to partake in the pointless debate of which holy book appears more lenient to slaves, then I should clearly state that I find as much amusement in such a discussion as I would find in pondering over whether it is better to steal N1,000 or N10,000. As you may have rightly guessed, such discussions are neither productive nor interesting.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by 9jaforlife: 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:

If you read my first post here i said both bible and koran are sanctions slavery one way or another we all know.it... i never singled out christianity...

My only problem is someone that cannot call a spade of spade because of sentimental allegiance..

SLAVERY IS SLAVERY IN ANY DECORATION IT MAY COME IN BE IT IN THE BIBLE OR KORAN, IT IS EVIL AND WRONG...

Btw i dont recall telling anybody to reject their belief muslim or Christian that's your business... but that shouldn't cloud anybody's judgement in this issue like wat am seeing now..

muslims trying to hide and twist their koan but condemn that of christians, while christians find a way to hide and twist theirs but condemn that of muslims... common why cant someone just say slavery is bad be it in the koran or the bible..

Like you rightly said, SLAVERY IS BAD. Period. It's the op, Ifeann aka parisbookaddict who loves to engage in unproductive discussions, with the sole aim of bashing Islam. She tried to justify the slavery in the bible but criticize slavery as practiced in Islam. She even supports more recent slavery carried out through the West's colonialism. See her comment in the screenshot I've uploaded below. When someone pointed out the evil in colonialism's slavery, she says "we don't live in a perfect world", meaning it's OKAY. You know why she thinks it's ok? Because the evil was perpetrated by xtians. If it was done by Muslims, trust me, she would have flooded NL about how Muslims are evil.

Sincerely, I have never seen hypocricy carried out on a scale as large as this!

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by gatiano(m): 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2163386/african-blackroots-science-religion-science

parisbookaddict:

unlike the quran, don't forget slavery in biblical times is different from the 7th century arab slavery Mohammed practised..biblical slavery Was recorded 4000 years ago, that is over 2000 years before Jesus while Mohammed was born Just in the 7th century (600AD)..let's look at some quran and hadith verses regarding slavery. ..

Qur'an (23:5-6)- "..who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess..." This verse permits the slave-owner to have sex with his slaves.

Qur'an (4:24)- "And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." Even sex with married slaves is permissible.
Qur'an (8:69)- "But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good" A reference to war booty, of which slaves were a part. The Muslim slave master may enjoy his "catch" because (according to verse 71) "Allah gave you mastery over them."

Bukhari (41.598)- Slaves are property. They cannot be freed if an owner has outstanding debt, but can be used to pay off the debt.

Bukhari (62:137)- An account of women taken as slaves in battle by Muhammad's men after their husbands and fathers were killed. The woman were raped with Muhammad's approval.

Bukhari (34:432)- Another account of females taken captive and raped with Muhammad's approval. In this case it is evident that the Muslims intend on selling the women after raping them because they are concerned about devaluing their price by impregnating them. Muhammad is asked about coitus interruptus.

Bukhari (47.765)- A woman is rebuked by Muhammad for freeing a slave girl. The prophet tells her that she would have gotten a greater heavenly reward by giving her to a relative (as a slave).
Bukhari (34:351)- Muhammad sells a slave for money. He was thus a slave trader.

Muslim 3901- Muhammad trades away two black slaves for one Muslim slave.
Muslim 4112- A man freed six slaves on the event of his death, but Muhammad reversed the emancipation and kept four in slavery to himself. He cast lots to determine which two to free.

Bukhari (47:743)- Muhammad's own pulpit - from which he preached Islam - was built with slave labor on his command.

Muslims

[size=1pt]

Tartar9, tola9ja, 9jaforlife, rilwanye001, abuaman, agentofAllah, empiree, yazach, yourmain, Abdulsalam20,
[/size] stop looking for moral equivalence. .
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by parisbookaddict(f): 5:43am On Feb 25, 2015
9jaforlife:

Like you rightly said, SLAVERY IS BAD. Period. It's the op, Ifeann aka parisbookaddict who loves to engage in unproductive discussions, with the sole aim of bashing Islam. She tried to justify the slavery in the bible but criticize slavery as practiced in Islam. She even supports more recent slavery carried out through the West's colonialism. See her comment in the screenshot I've uploaded below. When someone pointed out the evil in colonialism's slavery, she says "we don't live in a perfect world", meaning it's OKAY. You know why she thinks it's ok? Because the evil was perpetrated by xtians. If it was done by Muslims, trust me, she would have flooded NL about how Muslims are evil.

Sincerely, I have never seen hypocricy carried out on a scale as large as this!

Yes colonialism was terrible and it brought good as well ..same as several other bittersweet events in human history. .
We don't live in a perfect world does not mean it is okay. Apparently u don't understand english too well.

Muslims traded African slaves in the millions even before the "whites".

Here

New Amsterdam Books, New York, NY 1989
In his fact-filled work on the history of the Muslim Arab slave trade in Africa, Murray Gordon notes that this trade pre-dated the European Christian African slave trade by a thousand years and continued for more than a century after the Europeans had abolished the practice. Gordon estimates the number of slaves “harvested” from Black Africa over the period of the Muslim Arab slave trade at 11 million

“Despite the long history of slavery in the Arab World and in other Muslim lands, little has been written about this tragedy,” writes Gordon in his introduction. “Except for the few abolitionists, mainly in England, who railed against Arab slavery and put pressure upon Western governments to end the traffic in slaves, the issue has all but been ignored in the West.”

A difference between the bible or quran is that kidnapping for slavery is banned and forbidden in the bible the Mosaic Law was death: “Anyone who kidnaps another and
either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to
death” ( Exodus 21:16 ).

Islam see things differently. It promotes slavery and capturing trading and breeding slaves and sex slavery. ..it encourages sleeping with married slaves which is forbidden in the bible

Sahih Muslim 8:29: “IT IS PERMISSIBLE TO HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH A CAPTIVE WOMAN AFTER SHE IS PURIFIED (OF MENSES OR DELIVERY) IN CASE SHE HAS A HUSBAND, HER MARRIAGE IS ABROGATED AFTER SHE BECOMES CAPTIVE.”

Leviticus 19:20-22 New International Version (NIV)
20 “‘If a man sleeps with a female slave who is promised to another man
but who has not been ransomed or given her freedom, there must be due
punishment.[ a ] Yet they are not to be put to death, because she had
not been freed. 21 The man, however, must bring a ram to the entrance
to the tent of meeting for a guilt offering to the Lord.

Christains have fought agaisnt slavery where ever it was met..
The pope abolished slavery as far back as in 1435: In Sicut Dudum, Pope Eugene IV banned enslavement of Christians in the Canary Islands on pain of excommunication

In 1537: Pope Paul III forbids slavery of the indigenous peoples of the Americas as well as of any other new population that would be discovered, indicating their right to freedom and property. However, only Catholic countries apply it, and state that they cannot possibly enforce what happens in the distant colonies

Now let's see when Muslim majority countries decided to ban slavery

1952: Qatar abolishes slavery.
1958: Bhutan abolishes slavery.
1960: Niger abolishes slavery (though it was not made illegal until 2003).[83]
1962: Saudi Arabia abolishes slavery.
1962: Yemen abolishes slavery.
1964: The United Arab Emirates abolishes slavery.
1970: Oman abolishes slavery.
1981: Mauritania abolishes slavery
2003: Niger makes slavery a crime.
2007: Mauritania makes slavery a crime.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolition_of_slavery_timeline

Muslim countries are the last ones to abolish slavery..

Cc. Johnydon22
My friend we don't live in a perfect world but islam is sickening..
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by parisbookaddict(f): 5:53am On Feb 25, 2015
AgentOfAllah:
Maybe the message the OP wishes to pass across eludes me because I'm way past my lucid hours. At any rate, there is something terribly wrong if, in the 21st century, you're trying to justify the crude practice of slavery as recorded in the bible.

I have nothing against the people who practiced it in the past. They didn't know better. How could they when their best judgements were informed by tools that were limited to perfunctory observations? My problem is with retrogrades like the op and other religionists who believe in the infallibility of historical figures who, by now, should have vanished into the forgotten pages of time, but instead, have their anachronistic and absurd teachings constantly and compulsively defended against every sense of reason and decency.

On the other hand, if the op is inviting me to partake in the pointless debate of which holy book appears more lenient to slaves, then I should clearly state that I find as much amusement in such a discussion as I would find in pondering over whether it is better to steal N1,000 or N10,000. As you may have rightly guessed, such discussions are neither productive nor interesting.

Yes u are right when u said the point being passed across eludes u..because apparently it did.

The intention is to draw parallels between the verses on slavery as contained in the bible and quran(posts 1 and 2). To understand the practise 4000 years in antiquity and shade more light on the subject to folks like u who speak with little understanding on the subject..and often try to attack the bible

But of course in ur arrogance u refuse to see the difference..

Perhaps if u are offered 1,000 Zimbabwean dollars and 10,000 pounds u won't ponder on that also..
Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by Empiree: 6:24am On Feb 25, 2015
parisbookaddict:

So u do agree that sahih muslim and bukhari are nonsense fabrications of the deeds of Mohammed including his alleged splitting of the moon "miracle"..and camel pass cure etc..remember these are the 2 best hadiths. .

Are these fabrications and do u reject it?
This is really your opinion. Hadiths are graded and what I believe is none of your business. And no, i don't reject Imam Muslim and Imam Bukhari. If i believe prophet muhammad (saw) slit the moon is still none of your business. At least Qur'an makes reference to it and Muslims have different opinion about it. Qur'anic verse 54:1-2 http://quran.com/54/1-2 . Quran is our standard by which everything else is graded including all your Bibles. So possibility of "splitting of the moon" could be very valid.

On camel piss for curing ailment, oh you feel disgusted?. Do you have idea what pharmaceutical drugs you take are made of?. Let me start from...

*Premarin: What is Premarin?

Premarin stands for P[/b]regnant [b]M[/b]ares' [b]U[/b]rine ([b]PRE[/b]gnant [b]MAR[/b]es' ur[b]IN[/b]e). It is a drug made up of conjugated estrogens obtained from the urine of pregnant mares -- put out in many forms (pills, creams, injections, patches, vaginal rings) and is used to reduce the symptoms of menopause in women or women who have had a hysterectomy. It is also prescribed to nearly eliminate the risk of osteoporosis (the brittling of bones) and reduce the chance of heart disease in women over 50.

[b]*Catgut:
Is a tough string made from the intestines of sheep and horses. It's used for surgical sutures.

Animal-Derived Pharmaceuticals

Preparations: Derived from animal products

Pig-derived products, Desiccated, Thyroid Heparin (pig Intestine), Pancreatic enzymes, Horse (pregnant mares urine) Premarin Animal cartilage Gelatin capsules or gummy vitamins Chondroitin
Animal bones Calcium Animal blood Heme iron (Proferrin) Shellfish Glucosamine Omega-3 Fatty Acids (fish oil) Calcium (oyster shells) Sheep (Sebaceous Gland extract) Lanolin Vitamin D3
http://www.fpnotebook.com/Pharm/Adverse/AnmlDrvdPhrmctcls.htm

How would you even know if they mixed human feces with panadol?. Or you want me to tell you about a client I worked with for good 5yrs?. He's a bed-bound patient and has to be mechanically transferred to wheelchair. Because of that, he has pressure ulcers all the time on both buttocks. His big wound is as big as 400g Milo lid and 5 inches deep. There is no way to heal that as long as he sits in the power chair.

Anytime he was brought to our office, surgeon always recommended surgical operations on him, I personally would clean his wound in most cases. My point is when we performed operations on him, surgeon always borrowed meat from his biceps femoris to fill up his buttocks wounds. At least we had 7-8 surgeries on him in 5 yrs. His last last two surgeries could not be accomplished using same procedure. Doctor had to use pork meat to fill up the wounds. This is what they called "plastic surgery". So what the big deal with recommendation in the hadith of using camel urine. Of-course we not gonna literally drink urine in modern time.

Re: Let's Take A Look At Slavery As Contained In Bible Verses by Empiree: 6:46am On Feb 25, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Now let's see when Muslim majority countries decided to ban slavery

1952: Qatar abolishes slavery.
1958: Bhutan abolishes slavery.
1960: Niger abolishes slavery (though it was not made illegal until 2003).[83]
1962: Saudi Arabia abolishes slavery.
1962: Yemen abolishes slavery.
1964: The United Arab Emirates abolishes slavery.
1970: Oman abolishes slavery.
1981: Mauritania abolishes slavery
2003: Niger makes slavery a crime.
2007: Mauritania makes slavery a crime.
Muslim countries are the last ones to abolish slavery..

Those countries you mentioned above were themselves under christian colonial masters. They had no independence. Let's see when they were emancipated by christian slave masters:

1952: Qatar abolishes slavery. Gained freedom from christian slave masters 3 September 1971 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar

1960: Niger abolishes slavery. Gained freedom from christian slave masters 3 August 1960
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger

1962: Yemen Gained freedom from christian slave masters 30 November 1967

1964: The United Arab Emirates Gained freedom from christian slave masters 2 December 1971

1970: Oman Gained freedom from christian slave masters 1960

1981: Mauritania Gained freedom from christian slave masters 28 November 1960

So what much could they do decades before their independence?. They themselves were under slavery of christian slave masters. So what are you talking about.

Ancient Jews and Christians did not abolish slavery. Why didnt they abolish slavery before prophet Muhammad was born?.

parisbookaddict:

Christains have fought agaisnt slavery where ever it was met..
The pope abolished slavery as far back as in 1435: In Sicut Dudum, Pope Eugene IV banned enslavement of Christians in the Canary Islands on pain of excommunication

In 1537: Pope Paul III forbids slavery of the indigenous peoples of the Americas as well as of any other new population that would be discovered, indicating their right to freedom and property. However, only Catholic countries apply it, and state that they cannot possibly enforce what happens in the distant colonies

^If they abolished slavery back then, why did they give most of these Arab countries freedom in 20th century.
https://www.nairaland.com/2153126/top-ten-signs-youre-fundamentalist/5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free The Nation Tour 2018: Daddy Freeze Looking For International, Local Venues / Difference Between Agwu Shrine And Chi Shrine / Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.