Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 (4666 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Commissions 2nd Nkpogu Bridge With Wike (pics) / Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) / Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by bokohalal(m): 11:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
mumumugu:
When obj commisioned it, was it working?
Is it working now? Only a foolish person could not have been able to discern that the rash of commissioning of unfinished non operating projects were political gimmicks to win votes in the SouthWest. If there is one thing that I admire about the Yorubas, it is that they are politically savvier than any other Southern ethnic group. Having a Yoruba name will not win you votes. Any wonder that Buhari did not bother with being Yorubanized. Buhari has Okechukwued from somewhere because in such a place that helps. Your good deeds,or otherwise, does not matter to those people.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
honeric01:

Do we generate more than 4000 megawatts?

and I tell you that power in Enugu didn't start in 2014, its been like that .. intact to make it easy, there are post on this forum as old as 2009, 2010 talking about Enugu having power.. you can confirm this yourself by a simple search with the key words provided above.

As for PH, kindly search the username 'otok'. he lives in PH and has always complained about not seeing light for weeks.. he's also on Nairaland.. a lot of people on Nairaland have been complaining of lack of power in PH.. wondering how only your friends are the ones enjoying power that we still struggle to maintain at 4,000 megawatts in years.

Well bro, that is my friends experience and neither you nor me can take that away from him.

The power minister said we are around 5000MW and I want to believe him.

When Olorunshogo was commissioned by OBJ, what was its generating capacity against installed? what is it now? care to tell me?
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by omenka(m): 11:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
This administration is built on nothing but lies. This is shameful.

#Tufiakwa!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 11:47pm On Feb 22, 2015
Lobeez:

Well bro, that is my friends experience and neither you nor me can take that away from him.

The power minister said we are around 5000MW and I want to believe him.

When Olorunshogo was commissioned by OBJ, what was its generating capacity against installed? what is it now? care to tell me?

5,000 megagini? can you link me to any speech of his stating this? the last we read from him was him telling us it was impossible to have stable power in Nigeria.

We have always had 3,000 megawatts even before 2011, what we are currently ranges between 3,000megawatts and 4,000 megawatts.. OBJ (PDP) duped Nigeria by stealing and looting $16B to give us this same plant that Jonathan is "giving" us again, they're birds of a feather, so i don't need comparing both of them since they're of the same broom.

http://www.punchng.com/news/power-generation-hits-4105mw-fg/
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-nigeria-loses-1476mw-to-gas-water-shortage/
http://www.nigeriancurrent.com/ck88-news/power-generation-hits-4600mw-minister
http://www.nigeriancurrent.com/ck84-business/pipeline-vandals-sabotage-power-generation-below-4500mw-prof-nebo
http://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/adam-smith-international-partner-zone/nigeria-power-electricity-africa

It has always been ranging between 3,000 and 4,000.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
honeric01:

5,000 megagini? can you link me to any speech of his stating this? the last we read from him was him telling us it was impossible to have stable power in Nigeria.

We have always had 3,000 megawatts even before 2011, what we are currently ranges between 3,000megawatts and 4,000 megawatts.. OBJ (PDP) duped Nigeria by stealing and looting $16B to give us this same plant that Jonathan is "giving" us again, they're birds of a feather, so i don't need comparing both of them since they're of the same broom.

http://www.punchng.com/news/power-generation-hits-4105mw-fg/
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-nigeria-loses-1476mw-to-gas-water-shortage/
http://www.nigeriancurrent.com/ck88-news/power-generation-hits-4600mw-minister
http://www.nigeriancurrent.com/ck84-business/pipeline-vandals-sabotage-power-generation-below-4500mw-prof-nebo
http://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/adam-smith-international-partner-zone/nigeria-power-electricity-africa

It has always been ranging between 3,000 and 4,000.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/5000mw-power-achievable-end-2013-nebo
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/electricity-generation-capacity-hits-5000mw/
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 12:12am On Feb 23, 2015
Lobeez:

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/5000mw-power-achievable-end-2013-nebo
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/electricity-generation-capacity-hits-5000mw/

your first link was what he said 2 years ago and promised us 5,000 megawatts 2 years ago

"5,000mw of power achievable before end of 2013-- Nebo"

The so called 5,000 quoted on the second link is based on the "re-commissioned" power plant which to me shouldn't be taken serious until places with no light start getting the light that its suppose to generate and transmit.

BTW, other sites still have it at 4,000 and the energy site still has it at 4,000.

http://www.energy.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=121:commission-puts-2015-power-need-at-31240mw-&catid=1:latest-news

http://www.nigeriaalternativeenergyexpo.org/unrealised-expectations-in-power-sector-and-outlook-for-2015/

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 23, 2015
honeric01:

your first link was what he said 2 years ago and promised us 5,000 megawatts 2 years ago

"5,000mw of power achievable before end of 2013-- Nebo"

The so called 5,000 quoted on the second link is based on the "re-commissioned" power plant which to me shouldn't be taken serious until places with no light start getting the light that its suppose to generate and transmit.

BTW, other sites still have it at 4,000 and the energy site still has it at 4,000.

http://www.energy.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=121:commission-puts-2015-power-need-at-31240mw-&catid=1:latest-news

http://www.nigeriaalternativeenergyexpo.org/unrealised-expectations-in-power-sector-and-outlook-for-2015/

Yes it was announced on friday but I think we attained it before the announcement as i know from inside sources that the plant has been operational recently before the actual commissioning; gas was initially an issue but that was sorted out and operations have since gone on. The little dips twice or so has been due to vandalisim which usually takes a couple of days to fix and then operations resume.

Chill bro, e go soon reach you
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Faibuhari: 12:35am On Feb 23, 2015
nduchucks:
What a disgrace!!!

That is how he has been running around claiming credit for the revitalization of railroads which began before he was given a free pass to the Presidency.
I think if you do a little google search, your doubts about that commissioning will be cleared
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2015
Lobeez:

Yes it was announced on friday but I think we attained it before the announcement as i know from inside sources that the plant has been operational recently before the actual commissioning; gas was initially an issue but that was sorted out and operations have since gone on. The little dips twice or so has been due to vandalisim which usually takes a couple of days to fix and then operations resume.

Chill bro, e go soon reach you

No we didn't attain 5000 megawatts and we haven't even with this "recommissioned" statement.. until it starts transmitting and distributing, it remains what it is...

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
honeric01:

No we didn't attain 5000 megawatts and we haven't even with this "recommissioned" statement.. until it starts transmitting and distributing, it remains what it is...

Are you in the power sector? its not fair to sit down and criticize what you probably have little knowledge of. If you know the level of decadence we had in that sector before GEJ came on board, you'd understand why the minister said it was impossible to have stable power supply, however, a lot has happened in the last six years and people can see it, your experience and that of a number of people yet to see it cannot change this fact. I am certain you will have a change of heart soon; just a couple of minutes ago I got a report of a gas well that was commissioned yesterday with production level of 427.00mmscf/d. Like I said Bro, I hope GEJ wins so that in a short while you will see what I'm talking about.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lobeez:

Are you in the power sector? its not fair to sit down and criticize what you probably have little knowledge of. If you know the level of decadence we had in that sector before GEJ came on board, you'd understand why the minister said it was impossible to have stable power supply, however, a lot has happened in the last six years and people can see it, your experience and that of a number of people yet to see it cannot change this fact. I am certain you will have a change of heart soon; just a couple of minutes ago I got a report of a gas well that was commissioned yesterday with production level of 427.00mmscf/d. Like I said Bro, I hope GEJ wins so that in a short while you will see what I'm talking about.

I don't need to be in it to feel the difference, don't you think so? the power generation is suppose to be for the public, true? so if there's a difference, where do you think the feedback is going to come from?

They are mostly on the pages of papers. right now i am typing without power and i have not seen light both at home and in the office for 2 hours so far today.

I hope GEJ doesn't win so the rot and the cover up would be blown open for us all to see by the new government.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Olaolufred(m): 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
WHEN YOU ARE DESPERATELY IN NEED OF VOTES,

YOU ARE PERMITTED TO COMMISION EACH UNIT OF THE GAS TURBINES AT DIFFERENT TIME ON DIFFERENT DAYS.

AT THE END OF IT ALL, WE STILL KNOW WHO IS A FOOL.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by najoke: 3:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
honeric01:

Do we generate more than 4000 megawatts?

In every state in Nigeria, there are special areas that always enjoy power.. its an opened secret..but using these areas to judge improvements in power stability is wrong bro.

Dont mind all these people shouting "i have 20 hours light" we all know that the electricity in nigeria is "you rob peter to pay paul"........whenever you are enjoying light it is at the detriment of another community.......end of story.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
honeric01:

I don't need to be in it to feel the difference, don't you think so? the power generation is suppose to be for the public, true? so if there's a difference, where do you think the feedback is going to come from?

They are mostly on the pages of papers. right now i am typing without power and i have not seen light both at home and in the office for 2 hours so far today.

I hope GEJ doesn't win so the rot and the cover up would be blown open for us all to see by the new government.

I have read through several threads on power situation in the country and the reactions are both negative and positive. I also belong to different chat groups of friends and colleagues some of whom are top notch professionals in both oil and gas and the power sector. I had a rethink after engaging some of them on what is going on in the sector that is why I keep telling you to relax, GEJ in all fairness has done a lot which you will feel in no distant time.
for now, we have enough installed capacity to create noticeable difference but gas is usually the problem because when OBJ started the NIPP project, little consideration was made for gas to power the plants. When GEJ came in, he awarded several gas contracts to some companies like shell; some of these projects are gradually being delivered and its increasing our actual generated power.
The only issue I have for now with gas distribution is that preference is given to some industrial plants to boost our industrial capacity; this is however in fulfillment of the promise made by GEJ to certain industries e.g Dangote and Lafarge. In no distant time however as we increase gas supplies to these plants, we are going to see very noticeable changes, I want to wager before the end of the year.
Thanks
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 3:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lobeez:

I have read through several threads on power situation in the country and the reactions are both negative and positive. I also belong to different chat groups of friends and colleagues some of whom are top notch professionals in both oil and gas and the power sector. I had a rethink after engaging some of them on what is going on in the sector that is why I keep telling you to relax, GEJ in all fairness has done a lot which you will feel in no distant time.
for now, we have enough installed capacity to create noticeable difference but gas is usually the problem because when OBJ started the NIPP project, little consideration was made for gas to power the plants. When GEJ came in, he awarded several gas contracts to some companies like shell; some of these projects are gradually being delivered and its increasing our actual generated power.
The only issue I have for now with gas distribution is that preference is given to some industrial plants to boost our industrial capacity; this is however in fulfillment of the promise made by GEJ to certain industries e.g Dangote and Lafarge. In no distant time however as we increase gas supplies to these plants, we are going to see very noticeable changes, I want to wager before the end of the year.
Thanks

You mean the same gas that's wasting away at escavos/bonny island e.t.c is now in shortage?

OBj, Yaradua or Jonathan, are these 3 not from the same party playing hide and seek with power?

They keep increasing the megawatts on paper while I buy liters of fuel to run both the office and home everyday.

I have relaxed and endured d for 16 years, I have the right to constant power and this I must fight towards and allowing another set of people to handle it for at least 4 years.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by chudionu58(f): 4:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lobeez:

Please which gas plant is that? by which company?Seplat,Shell or Chevron??Answer please.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
honeric01:

You mean the same gas that's wasting away at escavos/bonny island e.t.c is now in shortage?

OBj, Yaradua or Jonathan, are these 3 not from the same party playing hide and seek with power?

They keep increasing the megawatts on paper while I buy liters of fuel to run both the office and home everyday.

I have relaxed and endured d for 16 years, I have the right to constant power and this I must fight towards and allowing another set of people to handle it for at least 4 years.

Your choice bro, but take it from me, even if obama comes into power by May 29 he may not be able to work a miracle. The most anybody can do is what GEJ is already doing. If you want more capacity, you have to build more plants and if you build new plants you have to make provision for gas to power the GT's and all of these take time to complete if you are to build from scratch. Our capacity is increasing and that much I can tell you, if what remains is how to optimally utilize and manage this capacity then we have little issues to fight than times when little or nothing was on ground.
There are some plants nearing completion and their input to overall capacity will be a huge plus, again I urge you to remain patient.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lobeez:

Your choice bro, but take it from me, even if obama comes into power by May 29 he may not be able to work a miracle. The most anybody can do is what GEJ is already doing. If you want more capacity, you have to build more plants and if you build new plants you have to make provision for gas to power the GT's and all of these take time to complete if you are to build from scratch. Our capacity is increasing and that much I can tell you, if what remains is how to optimally utilize and manage this capacity then we have little issues to fight than times when little or nothing was on ground.
There are some plants nearing completion and their input to overall capacity will be a huge plus, again I urge you to remain patient.

I am not looking for a miracle worker nor a magician, I just another set of people to at least try.. I want the mtn treatment where they claim PSB wasn't possible until GLO came in to change the whole thing.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by chudionu58(f): 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lobeez:

Answer me nah #Frowns
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
honeric01:

I am not looking for a miracle worker nor a magician, I just another set of people to at least try.. I want the mtn treatment where they claim PSB wasn't possible until GLO came in to change the whole thing.

Okay, fair enough but you need to be awake to the technical reality on ground. Take some time out to check the link below on power plants in Nigeria:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria

calculate the total energy we can achieve from all these plant working in full capacity then you will understand why the FG promised 10,000MW. Then take a look at the plants that were delivered and will be delivered under GEJ's administration alone and you'd understand why I told you to relax. I know that if there is any sector GEJ will deliver on his promise, it is the power sector.
I have a feeling some people know this and so want to wrest power from him at all cost so they can appear to be the messiah of the power sector but the truth is there for all to see.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 5:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lobeez:

Okay, fair enough but you need to be awake to the technical reality on ground. Take some time out to check the link below on power plants in Nigeria:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria

calculate the total energy we can achieve from all these plant working in full capacity then you will understand why the FG promised 10,000MW. Then take a look at the plants that were delivered and will be delivered under GEJ's administration alone and you'd understand why I told you to relax. I know that if there is any sector GEJ will deliver on his promise, it is the power sector.
I have a feeling some people know this and so want to wrest power from him at all cost so they can appear to be the messiah of the power sector but the truth is there for all to see.

The people enjoying the lack of power in Nigeria because they make money from this are all friends of the President and the ruling party so the issue of wrestling power from him because of it is purely funny to me. he's been in power since 2009, 6 years is enough to make a difference.. so I rather not trust a person that couldn't deliver in 6 years and a party in 16 years with another 4 years that he knows he works or not, won't make any difference.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
honeric01:

The people enjoying the lack of power in Nigeria because they make money from this are all friends of the President and the ruling party so the issue of wrestling power from him because of it is purely funny to me. he's been in power since 2009, 6 years is enough to make a difference.. so I rather not trust a person that couldn't deliver in 6 years and a party in 16 years with another 4 years that he knows he works or not, won't make any difference.

Guy check the link and objectively make the analysis I proffered
Thanks
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by chudionu58(f): 5:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lobeez:

Thanks
Probably you are lying, that's why you have remained silent! Tell us the name of the gas infrastructure commissioned "moments ago"...Boldly answer it

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
chudionu58:
Probably you are lying, that's why you have remained silent! Tell us the name of the gas infrastructure commissioned "moments ago"...Boldly answer it

I have no reason to lie nor do I gain anything by doing so, I will give you the info as soon as I'm able to confirm it. The source is in a meeting
Thanks
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lobeez:

Thanks

A Wikipedia link? you can do better sir.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
honeric01:

A Wikipedia link? you can do better sir.

Sure but you don't have to worry, you can always cross check the information there with any other source you have. I am particularly interested in you checking the installed capacity of these gas power plants (not energy generated) and dates of completion. You can use this to then calculate and understand the installed capacity we have accumulated under the present administration. I'm about to start driving, I would have done the analysis for you.
At the moment we have a little above 10,000MW just from gas power plants alone, it is this administration that pumped up effort towards supplying what is needed to run them and these projects are still ongoing
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 7:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lobeez:

Sure but you don't have to worry, you can always cross check the information there with any other source you have. I am particularly interested in you checking the installed capacity of these gas power plants (not energy generated) and dates of completion. You can use this to then calculate and understand the installed capacity we have accumulated under the present administration. I'm about to start driving, I would have done the analysis for you.
At the moment we have a little above 10,000MW just from gas power plants alone, it is this administration that pumped up effort towards supplying what is needed to run them and these projects are still ongoing

Any body can write on Wikipedia.. kindly provide a government link (website) indicating what we have sir. not some wikipedia links..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
chudionu58:

NPDC ND WESTERN

Well 38T
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by chudionu58(f): 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lobeez:

NPDC ND WESTERN

Well 38T
Thanks very much.. but which plants will it serve and which transport infrastructure will evacuate it? still the same Trans Forcados trunkline?? cos its insecure and I want to know is it different from those listed last August by Madueke....
http://leadership.ng/business/379885/fg-boost-gas-supply-370m-mcfd-targets-5000-mw-electricity-december
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by chudionu58(f): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by chudionu58(f): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
What is holding Gbarain Ubie and Omoku thermal plants as well @ Lobeez
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 23, 2015
chudionu58:
Thanks very much.. but which plants will it serve and which transport infrastructure will evacuate it? still the same Trans Forcados trunkline?? cos its insecure and I want to know is it different from those listed last August by Madueke....
http://leadership.ng/business/379885/fg-boost-gas-supply-370m-mcfd-targets-5000-mw-electricity-december

Yea I think its the same Forcados to transcorp and of course some other customers like beta glass

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Disquiet In PDP As Jonathan Loses Senatorial District To Sylva, APC / Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? / Sanwo-Olu Congratulates Osinbajo As He Becomes 64 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.