Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? (1369 Views)

What Happened To Her After A Careless Night-Out / 7 Reasons Ladies Act The Way They Do / What To Say To Your Ex Girlfriend To Get Her Back - Use Words To Win Her Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by DonEse125(f): 8:19am On Jan 09, 2009
I really dont understand some of the ppl here. They just throw around words like love and heartbreak,when in actuality,they have no idea what they're talkin abt. I mean,imagine som1 saying sumn like,i love the new girl,but i love the 1st girl better. I mean,come on man,you prolly dont love any of 'em. Some ppl dnt know what love is. They think it's some dewy,happy emotion. Sometimes it is,but sometimes it's not. Love is hard,gruelling work. I'm in love wit som1,and sometimes i wonder whether that has distorted my objectivity. Love isnt all good,and i'm tired of ppl who in their small,deluded minds think it is. I'm tired of ppl who've prolly never truly loved another mouthing off like they actually know what they're talking abt. Love can make you happy,but it can also cause you unbearable pain,and that's a risk you take when you decide to open your heart and love someone. And heartbreak,some of the idiots who go on posting rubbish here and there are truly deluded. Some of them have never bn truly heart-broken b4,at best their feelings have been badly hurt,or their little bubble of infatuation has been burst,or their ego's been bruised,but they've never been truly heartbroken b4. Being heartbroken doesnt mean you wont be abl to eat,or u wont be able to sleep. That's just a load of crap you watch in the movies. Whether you're heart broken or not,you've gotta eat,or that broken heart will shrivel and die of malnutrition. Whether you like it or not,you will sleep,because no matter what happens,life will go on. Heartbreak aint abt all that. It's an emptiness,a hollowness that eats deep into your soul,the burning emotions you feel every second of the day,your mind torturing you like an inward hell. That's heartbreak. The emptiness. And getting out of that,it's one of the most difficult things i've ever done,one of the most difficult things you'll prolly ever do. But you do it. You eat,you sleep,you deal with emotions you can never hope to control,you deal with them as best you know how,you suppress them,even tho they cld c
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by DonEse125(f): 8:36am On Jan 09, 2009
Even tho they cld come back and bite you in the butt,even tho they cld resurface when you least expected it,but you suppress 'em anyway,because at that point,what's more important is getting through the day. You fight. Every single day is a struggle. You fight to force a smile,you fight to say 'i'm fine' when a friend asks you how you are. You fight,and you keep on fighting because you're strong,because you're not one of those spineless idiots who mope and let their lives waste away because some guy broke their hrts,you fight,because you're not gonna give him the satisfaction of ruining your life as well as your heart. So you fight to get your life back on track,and you do,but you will always be scarred. The wounds may heal,but the scars will forever remain. That's heartbreak. And even though it'd be so much easier to lump all men into one category,and maybe you did for a while,but when the right man comes along,you fight. To trust him,to give love another shot. You fight your head to take the risk that you might be heartbroken. But you do it,because for all it's faults,you're not entirely sure that you wanna live the rest of your life without love. So the nxt time some of you wanna post sumn abt love,and heartbreak,make sure you rily know what you're talking abt.
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by Ben13: 9:32am On Jan 09, 2009
Too long a story
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by H2O2: 10:34am On Jan 09, 2009
1 Cor 13:4-8
{4} Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
{5} It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
{6} Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
{7} It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
{8} Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease;
where there are tongues, they will be stilled;
where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Love is the opposite of Lust
Love is not self-seeking while lust seeks its own pleasure.
Love is prepared to wait while lust is impatient (for sex) to gratify itself.
Love protects the other, lust is only concerned for itself.
Love trusts while lust is suspicious.
Love gives freedom while lust is possessive
Love perseveres in the face of difficulties while lust quickly gives up
Love continues until the end while lust fails.
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by iice(f): 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2009
LOL Ese, i see it got to you.
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by DonEse125(f): 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2009
'It' being love,right? I suppose it had to happen. The universe(i'd say fate,but i dont believe in that)just loves proving me wrong. We're back together.
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by SisiJinx: 12:50am On Jan 11, 2009
Everybody fancies themselves in love at the slighted thing these days, that's why they are quick to be "heartbroken"

Too much Hollywood movies, that's what I say. . . that and M&B, Harlequin and Regency Novels.  angry angry angry

H2O2:

1 Cor 13:4-8
{4} Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
{5} It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
{6} Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
{7} It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
{8} Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease;
where there are tongues, they will be stilled;
where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Love is the opposite of Lust
Love is not self-seeking while lust seeks its own pleasure.
Love is prepared to wait while lust is impatient (for sex) to gratify itself.
Love protects the other, lust is only concerned for itself.
Love trusts while lust is suspicious.
Love gives freedom while lust is possessive
Love perseveres in the face of difficulties while lust quickly gives up
Love continues until the end while lust fails.

Jesu Christi! Look at the artist presently known as Ethanol quoting Bible fa!

Wonders shall never cease!! tongue cheesy
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by JJYOU: 12:59am On Jan 11, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Everybody fancies themselves in love at the slighted thing these days, that's why they are quick to be "heartbroken"

Too much Hollywood movies, that's what I say. . . that and M&B, Harlequin and Regency Novels.  angry angry angry

Jesu Christi! Look at the artist presently known as Ethanol quoting Bible fa!

Wonders shall never cease!! tongue cheesy
you trouble maker. where is your 2nd series of how to be a good wife?
you meant nollywood VCDs.
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by iice(f): 4:58am On Jan 13, 2009
Don_Ese125:

'It' being love,right? I suppose it had to happen. The universe(i'd say fate,but i don't believe in that)just loves proving me wrong. We're back together.

No i meant the rampant use of 'love' and 'heartbreak'.
Love is almost equal to hello these days.
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 13, 2009
Love can get u killed.love can get u healed.imho i think heartbreaks are not that bad.they teach you experience and how to harden ur heart and the energy(hate) to survive
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by Tatase(f): 5:26am On Jan 13, 2009
I agree with everyone. Too many people say love and heartbreak just anyhow. It's become ridiculous.
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by Monicaa: 5:42am On Jan 13, 2009
I also agree with everyone, especially the word 'Love". You meet someone today n tomorrow, they've fallen in love with you n u begin to wonder, how is that? Not even enough time to get to know the other side, flaws n all.
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by topup: 5:43am On Jan 13, 2009
Love is ok. I was going to write something very emotional, like love is beautiful, diverse and unique, but nah. . after reading this, yeah love is hard work. It's about compromise and so many other things. The love for another person can be easy if you don't expect anything from them, but when you expect to form a relationship with someone and decide to base it on love, that is what is known as the beautiful struggle.

*wipes sweat off forehead*
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by DonEse125(f): 5:26pm On Jan 25, 2009
@iice,oh,okay. @ the rest,tell me abt it. the way some of 'em say 'i love him' makes me wanna light 'em.
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by viperman: 10:22pm On Jan 25, 2009
topup:

Love is ok. I was going to write something very emotional, like love is beautiful, diverse and unique, but nah. . after reading this, yeah love is hard work. It's about compromise and so many other things. The love for another person can be easy if you don't expect anything from them, but when you expect to form a relationship with someone and decide to base it on love, that is what is known as the beautiful struggle.
*wipes sweat off forehead*

Been observing your post for over a two months now; unique posts i must say.
a friend of mine is thinking of starting a Mag soon, and needs someone/some pple to help herhold the relationships article section.
if u're interested email me on lexfrosty @yahoo.com (trim d spac between d 'y' and the '@' sign.
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by hollandis(f): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2009
What is so indiscriminate about the use of the 4 letter word?Love is a generally good feeling
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by bluespice(f): 9:24am On Jan 26, 2009
hollandis, i beg to differ,
i may not know what love is, or even have a hard time believing its all movies and books and even life wants me to believe but i do know something
a generally good feeling is happiness, or joy, or just plain 'ol 'generally good feeling'!
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by hollandis(f): 10:18am On Jan 26, 2009
bluespice:

hollandis, i beg to differ,
i may not know what love is, or even have a hard time believing its all movies and books and even life wants me to believe but i do know something
a generally good feeling is happiness, or joy, or just plain 'ol 'generally good feeling'!
That is the problem with love .It has different definitions ,hence it is nebulous(difficult to define), However good feeling here, implies joy and happiness in the presence of the loved one.The only conditionality here however is the fact that the person loves you too, Sometimes this good feeling is expressed in several ways,
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by ariblaze(m): 11:44am On Jan 26, 2009
iice:

No i meant the rampant use of 'love' and 'heartbreak'.
Love is almost equal to hello these days.

grand ma , i beg to differ a bit now,

you say love is like hello nowadays

you wanna know why?

people are less guarded nowadays,people are more open

so it is easier to know who a person is, unlike back in the days

when to a degree a woman has restriction speaking about herself or even challenging a man mentally

nowadays the human mind has evolved,most guys on meeting 'her' know it or sense something

it is instinctive,i guess it just God's way of balancing things out, we have all grown busy at earning a living

we lose sense for the important things,thus natured evolved so we wont completely be lost

nowadays , shorter courtship and still very great married lives. . . . .

i am not saying the word isn't being abused, but i find it completely lame that a guy would just say i love you because he wants to get laid!

thats akin to trying to kill a mosquito with a pump action.
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by paceebene(m): 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2009
@ pc guru Love can get u killed.love can get u healed.imho i think heartbreaks are not that bad.they teach you experience and how to harden ur heart and the energy(hate) to survive

i once heard a story of a young man had being in a coma for adys without the doctors or the family knowing what was wrong with him. a day came when the fiancee had to visit him at the hospital and had to play a song by marvi gaye titled, "sexual healing" and to the surprise of all present, the young man got up. what does that tell you?
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by princealu: 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2009
love give happiness even when things are seems to be going not well. just pray you find the right person ment for you. Love is the sweetest thing you can ever imagine of. you dont really know exactly what is making you happy, but when you are together, time flys
Re: Why Are Ppl So Careless Abt The Way They Use Words Like "love",and "heartbreak"? by Aladunni(f): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2009
@ poster, please forgive them for they know not what they do

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Your Words Of Encouragement / Have You Ever Been Caught Cheating By Your Partner? / Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.