Stats: 3,163,415 members, 7,853,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (318544 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 6:38am On Apr 07, 2015
What Actually don't kill you, will surely make you stronger
Chris, I pray you survive this, cos if you do... Make I keep am
Clara, God will see you

Oga dee, continue
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:51am On Apr 07, 2015
POST HIDDEN
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:29am On Apr 07, 2015
Its dat time of the year when they organise the
Nairaland pegeantry. Its time hav a new miss
Nairaland, and by the power vested in me, I want
a literature-lander to win this year too just like
Jennimma won last year. Guys, lets go nominate
the girls around here. The nomination link. Ladies, please accept if u ar
nominated. https://www.nairaland.com/2241446/miss-
nairaland-contest-2015-nominations
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by bigwig97(m): 11:28am On Apr 07, 2015
nice update man
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dan is making fool of himself joor
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Christopher jumped frm frying pan to fire, i pity am seriously.
Mark nawa 4 u oooo.
Christina, i dnt knw wat to say about u o, ur son is in danger nd d crazy father of ur son is trying 2 snatch him frm u, ur frnd is trying to kill u emotionally. na only u waka come?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Christopher jumped frm frying pan to fire, i pity am seriously.
Mark nawa 4 u oooo.
Christina, i dnt knw wat to say about u o, ur son is in danger nd d crazy father of ur son is trying 2 snatch him frm u, ur frnd is trying to kill u emotionally. na only u waka come
Dee, i salute u, keep up wit d gud work.
*kisses*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
CHAPTER 9
Mark led the way out of Chief Olukolade's office into the secretary's office.
"Enjoy the rest of your day sir and ma." The beautiful lady said.
Tina noticed a bit of resemblance between the lady and her one time best friend, Adeola, who happened to be the CEO's daughter. Maybe they are cousins afterall. But, a niece to the CEO can never be given the secretary job. But on the other hand, the CEO's secretary wields as much power and authority as the CEO himself. Afterall, considering the person of Chief Olukolade, his believe was that he will never give an unqualified family member a top position in his company and allow a qualified outsider walk around the streets of Lagos with dusty shoes in the name of job hunting. This was the situation when he proposed to his daughter a vacancy in the human resource department where she'll work in the HRD hall where several other ladies and men worked with their own cubicle, but Adeola refused, saying, she would either take the Managing director position or nothing which her father refused to heed to. This made Chief Olukolade recommend his daughter for the head of various department in friend's firms and she was employed in one of those firms, but she resigned after marriage on insistence of Daniel who had taken the position of the Managing Director.
Tina replied the lady with a smile, but Mark ignored her like she just spoke in Swahili.
"I am not convinced of the man's innocence." Mark said as they walked into the elevator.
"What do you mean?" Tina asked.
"I mean, he is friends with this Major General."
"Point of correction, he was friends with Major General Tukur, but not anymore." Tina corrected.
"whatever. General Tukur was a part of General Eze/Mark Anthony led government in the late 80s. Tukur later served in subsequent millitary governments and he led the African Union/United nations peace keeping troop to Russia during the cold war in 1991. It was after the cold war that Danny Lovato left the shores of Russia to establish himself as the most notorious terrorist in the world after Osama Bin laden. Can't you see a connection between Tukur and Lovato." Mark explained.
"I still don't see how this point to Chief Olukolade."
"Chief confirmed that remains from the Dodan barracks in Lagos which served as the government house until 1991 when Nigeria got emancipated democratically and governance was moved to Abuja. The remains and treasures accumulated by the Abacha government was shared to top army officials by the Abdulsalami government. And Chief Olukolade confirmed that, Tukur assisted his business with his own share. What does that tell you?" Mark continued.
"That's business. And do you know why the two men fell out?" Tina asked.
"You are speaking this way cos you know Chief personally. That's purely sentimental and it won't take you anywhere. I think a different agent should be assigned to work with me on this." Mark said angrily.
"Don't forget, its my call. I choose whoever work with me. I choosed you." Tina said with a toturing laugh that almost made Mark loose his anger, but the blow of fresh air, as a result of the elevator reaching the ground floor changed Mark's mind.
"We'll talk about it later." Mark muttered before walking out of the elevator and Tina followed.
The scorching 1pm sun hit Tina's forehead as she walked into the parking lot, but the dizziness that she felt the moment she saw a figure leaning on her car almost made her loose her balance.
She should have seen this coming, afterall, she knew Daniel worked at Godson, but probably her desperation to end the reigns of Danny Lovato made her embark on such journey.
As much as she hated public attention, she realised she was getting oneas Mark held her firmly.
"Young man, you are making her uncomfortable. You presence could do her harm, why not fvck off?" Mark warned Daniel calmly.
"This is not your business Mr fake American accent. I have business with Tina and not you." Daniel replied rolling up his sleeves.
"Daniel, you can't achieve anything by going the hard way. Be calm and be gentle." Jimmy adviced a visibly enraged Daniel who wanted a man to man fight with Mark. But Mark was having the laugh of his life as he enjoyed watching the angry african man in front of him. The laugh further infuriated Daniel who was challenging Mark to a fight.
"There is nothing you can do about it, so far you still live in this Lagos. I want my son and I will go any length to have him under my roof." Daniel had screamed before Mark sped out of the company's premises, not minding the fact that he knew nowhere is Lagos.
Daniel's last words kept ringing in Tina's head as Mark sped on, that was when the realisation hit him that sooner than later, Chris will know who his father was, because she knew, Daniel would stop at nothing in claiming his son.
Hot tears rolled down her cheeks as she imgained he life without her son.

--to be continued--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
what Tina doesn't even know is that her son is in a more wicked custody,after if Dan get him,he will take care of him since he is his son,but Clara....
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
OMG is this going to happen to chris?? Tina would be emotionally heart broken.

Gosh am already feeling for her.

Everyone should please grace the thread for Mrs. Nairaland please and please. Let our readers move in large number and support our people. Many of of them have already been nominated.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 08, 2015
I feel 4 u o, Christina, d son wey una dey fight for sef dey 4 big trouble. i don dey cry 4 u sef.

Dee, keep it up. expecting more frm u.

*kisses*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by macpetrus(m): 6:50am On Apr 08, 2015
Hahha...tina doesn't knw that her problem just strted!!!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:55am On Apr 08, 2015
--continuation--
"Are you okay now?" Mark asked as he brought the car to a stop immediately tha traffic light turned red.
"Yes, I am. Thanks." Tina replied weakly.
"What song collection do you have here?" Mark asked as he rumaged through the disc plates stuffed inside an opened safe.
"They are basically Whiteny Houston's albums from the start till date and a couple of Mary J Blige, Beyonce and Janet Jackson." Tina replied.
Mark hissed. "These are not my kind of songs. Nicki Minaj and Izzy does it." He said.
Tina laughed. "My son loves Izzy Azalea like crazy."
"Oh! My kind of boy, harcore rap does it." Mark enthused as he stepped on the gas, once the traffic light turned green.
The drive continued in silence until Mark decided to break it, even though he regretted ever doing so.
"The angry man at Godson, what's he to you?" He asked.
He could sense a change in her countenance, but it was too late to retract his words.
"He is Christopher's father." Tina replied as she looked away.
"Your ex husband? I mean, you guys divorced right?" Mark asked.
"No." Tina said as she fought back tears. "I have never experienced marriage. Never in my life. The greatest mistake I ever made in my life brought about the birth of Chris." With shaky voice, she explained.
"You mean....?" He couldn't find the right word to use, but she still nodded in the affirmative anyways. "Am I to turn right or left?" He asked.
"Take the roundabout." She replied.
Mark carefully followed her instruction until he was safely out of the confusing link roads. Now he could make mistake no more, but the nerve to ask more questions had failed him. The silence had destroyed the mood, but he was someone who doesn't give up.
"Do you mind sharing your story?"
After a lot of persuasion and shedding of tears from Tina, she agreed to tell him a bit of her story, afterall he was the closest person to her presently and she could tell him some things, provided things won't go sour like it went with Clara.
"But, what does he want with the boy now?" Mark asked, once she was done telling her story.
"I don't know o." Tina replied.
"I mean. He neglected his duties even while you were pregnant, even though you never pestered him for marriage. Just to assist you with the upkeep of the pregnancy and the baby, but he failed. Now that the boy is how old? He is now claiming the paternity of the child. He must be nuts." Mark ranted like it was his business.
"Chris will be fourteen next week." She replied.
"For about fourteen years and nine months, he was nowhere. Now he is showing up. Tina, this is your fight, it is your life, Chris is your future. In America, the woman own the child. Take legal step before he decides to take a step. Remember, he is wealthier than you are, obviously. He is well connected, you are a government worker, you have the upper hand. Human right lawyers can help." Mark explained.
"A friend told me all of this already, but I am not willing to make Chris go through all of this, it is bad for him. That's why I have been avoiding Daniel."
"You can't avoid him for life except you are ready to leave the shores of this country. And remember, this is Africa, the man owns the child and if he should take the first legal step, believe me, you'll loose the case." Mark continued.
"I don't know what to do." Tina cried.
"You can think over it, talk to relatives about it. Whatever you want to do, I will support you. I can always handle Chris, but please, let the boy know the story sorrounding his birth and who his father is." Mark explained.
"Okay." Tina said reluctantly.
The journey continued in silence, even though, Mark had solved the problem by tuning to a cool radio station where hot jamz was being aired. Tina's ringing phone made him reduce the volume of the car stereo.
"Hello?" She said. "Yes?... This is Christina, Christopher's mum. What happened to my son?" She asked in agitation.
Mark couldn't hear whatever the person at the other end of the line was saying, but he had a feeling it had to be something bad, considering the way the caller sounded.
"You are the school principal? Okay..." She said. "Tell me whatever the problem is, you don't expect me to start rushing to your school, do you?" She asked angrily.
"Calm down." Mark whispered.
"Oh my God! Kidnapped? By who?... I am finished.... I'll be there in five minutes." She said.
He turned to Mark who concentrated on the road like his life depended on it.
"Please, you have to turn back, that roundabout, take the right turn, I need to be in Chris school." She said.
"What's the problem?"
"Just do as I say." Tina cried.
The next thing she heard was a click. He had pressed the central lock.
"I am sure that whatever happened to your son, the police are on it. Its dangerous for the whole process for you to show up at the school."
Despite her fights and struggles, he still kept driving.

--tbc--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:58am On Apr 08, 2015
--continuation--
Daniel stormed into his office in an angry manner.
"Hey Dan, how far with your meeting with the governor?" Magaret asked as he walked past he office, but he ignored her.
His angry look was quite evident and curiousity got the better of Magaret who followed him into his office.
"Daniel, what's the problem? I was greeting you and asking question but you ignored me. What is it with the look? Who made you angry?" She asked as he approached his standing figure near the window.
"If you take one more step there, you'll regret reporting for work this morning." Daniel muttered.
"Baby, what's going on? Did I offend you? Talk to me sweet." She stood rooted to a spot.
"Can't you get out of my office? I'll be glad if you could do me this favour." Daniel said.
"Daniel! Like seriously? You want me out of your office? You call it a favour? Despite all we have been through together, you should at least confide in me and tell me whatever could be bothering you." She said.
"Oh my God! Magaret, don't let me repeat myself."
The door into the office yanked open and Jimmy walked in angrily.
"Seriously man, you fvcked up big time. Even if Tina decides to go the hard way, Chris is still you son and...." His voice trailed off once he saw Magaret standing.
"Hey! Jim. Its like you have and idea of who made him angry. Do you care to share?" Magaret came out of her initial shock at the revelation from Jimmy and asked.
"Get back to your office." Jimmy scowled.
"What?" She asked turning to face Daniel who had an expressionless look.
"You heard me and repeating myself could land us both a letter of appointment termination." Jimmy warned.
"Andonce you are back in office, send a message to the HR requestion for your transfer. Tell him I want you transfered to the Finance department as the first secretary and the first secretary in Finance be deployed to my office." Daniel said to Magaret's retreating figure.
"What? Did I tell you I needed a new secretary?" Jimmy asked facing his friend angrily.
"You just got yourself one, so live with it." Daniel replied and walked towards his desk. "Why are you here anyways?" He asked as he sat down.
"I came here because of the drama you performed over there. You got it all wrong man and knowing the kind of person Tina is. You know she could be a pretender and all the dramas she gave you was just to make you think she is emotionally weak and with that American beside her, Dan, am afraid you'll find it hard. You never can tell whatever is in her mind. Tina can do and undo, and the last thing you want is this issue reaching the frontpage of the newspapers. Think of Adeola and her family. You are representing her father everywhere, something you never dreamt of achieving. How do you think the man would feel? Even Adeola who supported you to have your son back, at a point, you'll neglect her, afterall, she couldn't give you a child and she will start to maltreat the boy, then you guys will go your seperate ways. Meaning you'll loose your job, loose a larger percentage of your savings, your properties. Daniel, think about the after effect of this." Jimmy explained.
"But you asked me to do this." Daniel sighed.
"Yes I did, but in a subtle way. Make peace with Tina, ensure that she forgives you. Meet with your son, but don't take him homw. He had lived with his mother since birth, you are a total stranger. Let him continue to live with his mother, pay him occassional visit, and believe me, when he is matured enough, he will balance things himself and you'll enjoy his company as much as his mother. But you must start performing your responsibilities as a father from now." Jimmy explained.
------------------------------------------
"Seriously, I don't know why we are doing this." The only female on the Private Investigation agency that was established by the Late Idris said. "We have been tailing this CRV for hours now and we don't know where it is headed. Agreed, Agent Tina asked us to stop tailing that terrorist and you just came from nowhere to say we must tail this car just because a lady said he knew the boys who were dropped by the roadside. I mean, we should have left since we saw that someone has agreed to help the boys." The lady continued.
"Its like you don't get. Agent Tina herself gave me the undercover assignment to monitor this lady and nab her at any given opportunity and one of the boys in question is Agent Tina's son. Let's just tail her for a while." The present head of the private team of investigators explained.
"Than you should have nabbed her at the scene where we saw her leave with the boys." The lady said.
"Remember, we are not commissioned. We can't make arrest." The man replied.

--to be continued--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 08, 2015
Nawa ooo, i just dey pity Christiana, she don suffer too much.
Daniel is just behaving lyk a fool seriously, wetin dey worry am sef?
Jimmy, I dnt knw wat to say about d guy sef, imagine?
Mark is sumhw getting into my good book wit his behaviour, it's really nice of him, but hope sey he still dey remember his pregnant wife sha?

Dee, thanks 4 d updates, expecting more.
*Kisses*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by hadease(m): 11:21am On Apr 08, 2015
caught up wit d story @last....u re doing a great job oga dee...tank God some1 saw clara
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omolabaketemi(f): 11:35am On Apr 08, 2015
clara d kidnapper.she is so desperate.Daniel u are
in for it,u are d first suspect......i pity u
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 12:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ok, i dey feel u
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
Mark i never like u before esp with ur American forming as if ur root no dey 9ja,but seeing a new side of you am starting to
Dan!chai so u gat no brain,oga oo
Jimmy u wicked ooo
Clara if Jimmy is wicked,i dnt knw what to qualify you.
Tina God will help
Chris don't lose hope. More so you are not safe with Clara oo

BTW what abt Mark's sis
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
Well, seems Tina has sense afterall.

Interesting dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by barackodam: 8:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
hehehehe for the first time after about four updates, I smiled.

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
prettydiva89:
Mark i never like u before esp with ur American forming as if ur root no dey 9ja,but seeing a new side of you am starting to
Dan!chai so u gat no brain,oga oo
Jimmy u wicked ooo
Clara if Jimmy is wicked,i dnt knw what to qualify you.
Tina God will help
Chris don't lose hope. More so you are not safe with Clara oo

BTW what abt Mark's sis
That's your longest post ever. .. Still anticipating for another one thou
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 12:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
Things is falling apart - by D9ty7

This is becoming more interesting the I've ever imagine, daniel is acting or a reckless instruction, and the instructor is backing out, to cover and protect his own dirty track.

Agent Christiana is falling, Mr mark is councelling, Chris is. ..

Continue Bross
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by hadease(m): 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
harjibolar10:
Things is falling apart - by D9ty7

This is becoming more interesting the I've ever imagine, daniel is acting or a reckless instruction, and the instructor is backing out, to cover and protect his own dirty track.

Agent Christiana is falling, Mr mark is councelling, Chris is. ..

Continue Bross
complete d statement nw...........
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ElectGINeer(m): 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
Let me quit the ghost mode, my first comment since devouring all your pieces, "All in a circle", "Teenagers love", "Undercover Agent" and now this one. I am a critic sometimes.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
harjibolar10:

That's your longest post ever. .. Still anticipating for another one thou
lol.
.long posts make my finger hurt in fact this one self na 5mins i use type am
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
hadease:
complete d statement nw...........
That's for the audience jaree
I'm not sure of whats happening to Chris ni
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
prettydiva89:

lol.
.long posts make my finger hurt in fact this one self na 5mins i use type am
That means, the one wey you type now be like 4mins, huh?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
harjibolar10:

That means, the one wey you type now be like 4mins, huh?
exactly
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 5:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
ElectGINeer:
Let me quit the ghost mode, my first comment since devouring all your pieces, "All in a circle", "Teenagers love", "Undercover Agent" and now this one. I am a critic sometimes.
shocked shocked oga u wicked oo so dis ur 1st time of commenting on d9ty7's thread and u av been reading his stories shocked

stuff46 wetin i go do dis guy *shey ma bounce him out of dis thread ni??
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Ebbisco(f): 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
Wonderful piece. Keep it coming D9ty7.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
hey guys. There won't be update(s) today at all. I am on a 24hrs self imposed break from updating.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (112) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84