Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,722 members, 7,851,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:07 PM

Is This Human Nature? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Human Nature? (975 Views)

Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? / Don't Mistake A Man Unaffectionate Nature For Evidence That He Doesn't Love You / What's With Men And Their 'Cheating Nature'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Human Nature? by Monicaa: 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2009
Do we really love those who do not love us as much as we do and don't really love those that love more than you do and willing to kiss your feet?? For example, in a relationship- when a partner misbehaves n keeps misbehaving, you still love that person but those that claim the whole world for you and would treat you better, you find out, you don't really love the person(s)
Re: Is This Human Nature? by spikedcylinder: 1:09pm On Jan 09, 2009
Re: Is This Human Nature? by smooooooth: 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2009
this your post makes love sound so complicated
Re: Is This Human Nature? by angelq(f): 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2009
This is one puzzle that i have been trying to unravel for only God knows how long.
Re: Is This Human Nature? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 09, 2009
@ Post,

Yes, I think it’s just a part of the selfish and challenging nature of human beings.

Most of the time, when we meet people who really love us, we take them for granted. It’s not intentional of course, but the selfishness in us usually overcomes us.

On the other hand, when we meet a guy/girl who doesn’t give a damn about us. We become challenged. Our subconscious tells us we love him/her when all we are actually trying to do is to prove that we can get his/her love.

So yes, I think its human nature.
Re: Is This Human Nature? by whitelexi(m): 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2009
Ujujoan:

Most of the time, when we meet people who really love us, we take them for granted. It’s not intentional of course, but the selfishness in us usually overcomes us.

True, True smiley
Re: Is This Human Nature? by okpunor(m): 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2009
Ujujoan:

@ Post,

Yes, I think it’s just a part of the selfish and challenging nature of human beings.

On the other hand, when we meet a guy/girl who doesn’t give a damn about us. We become challenged. Our subconscious tells us we love him/her when all we are actually trying to do is to prove that we can get his/her love.

So yes, I think its human nature.

Love should be a "Two Way Affair" both couples involved should be willing and struggling to fine tune the relationship and make it work better.Love shouldn't be one sided.When it occurs,you can be sure that the relationship will definitely not work out.A time will definetly come that one of the parties involved will work out of the relationship for good.
Re: Is This Human Nature? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2009
okpunor:

Love should be a "Two Way Affair" both couples involved should be willing and struggling to fine tune the relationship and make it work better.Love shouldn't be one sided.When it occurs,you can be sure that the relationship will definitely not work out.A time will definetly come that one of the parties involved will work out of the relationship for good.

'Should' . . right? Well, life's not always what it 'should' be!! And the lesson often comes hen its too late.

whitelexi:

True, True smiley

What was 'that' hon
Re: Is This Human Nature? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2009
@ Post,

that is the irony of life

tom loves jane, while jane is running after john undecided
Re: Is This Human Nature? by HOLLASLYD(m): 4:10pm On Jan 09, 2009
well it's natural for someone to resist other paople's feelings towards them which they can't really explain or have a reason for not loving back. it's natural i say
Re: Is This Human Nature? by Monicaa: 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2009
smooooooth:

this your post makes love sound so complicated

Love is complicated, It's easy to fall in love in love with someone but staying in it n maintaining it requires hardwork

I believe it's natural, I sometimes feel guilty, when those i see really genuine n all, but don't feel the same way or as much as they do esp this particular one that was there during my hurt but i dont feel the same way he does n then a stupid ex shows up, apologises n wants to get back with me though I dont wanna get back with him, my feelings for him hasn't changed. I even feel more for him than the others,

so this is human nature?
Re: Is This Human Nature? by busybein: 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2009
Monicaa:

so this is human nature?

nope,its foolishness and stupidity

love is not blind,love is wise and smart
Re: Is This Human Nature? by Monicaa: 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2009
busybein:

What is foolishness? If love is smart n wise, I don't think there would be anything called heart break, lost love n all. No one is saying here that love is foolish? Maybe if u read my post n some other replies, you would understand where I'm coming from
Re: Is This Human Nature? by busybein: 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2009
Monicaa:

What is foolishness? If love is smart n wise, I don't think there would be anything called heart break, lost love n all. No one is saying here that love is foolish? Maybe if u read my post n some other replies, you would understand where I'm coming from

calm down monic,I'm not insulting u,I'm only giving my opinion(generally) there is a different between heart break and heart breaks

listen "first fool no be fool but na second fool be foll" so they said,and its true

heartbreaks from one person alone,is foolishness,a girl that claims to love one man that cheats and prefers other girls to her is not inlove,dat is not love,its more like foolishness

she needs a shrink
Re: Is This Human Nature? by sheyee(m): 9:54pm On Jan 09, 2009
busybein:

this one na theory, d love thing is kind of funny u can just explain it
I believe its human nature
Re: Is This Human Nature? by busybein: 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2009
sheyee:

this one na theory, d love thing is kind of funny u can just explain it
I believe its human nature

answer me dis qstion,if a man cheats on his girlfriend a couple of times,infact stores a girls naked pics on his fone,tells a girl hes no longer interested,walks in and out of d relationship anyhow,tells a girl the feelings he has for her has faded away,hardly apologises but d babe apologises even when he offends her,tells a girl he no longer loves her and wants or has smone else

and d girl keeps following him around,begging him to take her back,same feelings still there

pls tell me,is dat love?must we all be stupid all in d name of "blind" infatuation?
Re: Is This Human Nature? by Monicaa: 10:13pm On Jan 09, 2009
busybein:

answer me this qstion,if a man cheats on his girlfriend a couple of times,infact stores a girls naked pics on his phone,tells a girl hes no longer interested,walks in and out of d relationship anyhow,tells a girl the feelings he has for her has faded away,hardly apologises but d babe apologises even when he offends her,tells a girl he no longer loves her and wants or has smone else

and d girl keeps following him around,begging him to take her back,same feelings still there

please tell me,is that love?must we all be stupid all in d name of "blind" infatuation?

My dear u all got it wrong n twisted undecided tongue undecided undecided n this doesn't relate to the post/topic, I gave an example
Re: Is This Human Nature? by Monicaa: 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2009
busybein:

answer me this qstion,if a man cheats on his girlfriend a couple of times,infact stores a girls naked pics on his phone,tells a girl hes no longer interested,walks in and out of d relationship anyhow,tells a girl the feelings he has for her has faded away,hardly apologises but d babe apologises even when he offends her,tells a girl he no longer loves her and wants or has smone else

please tell me,is that love?must we all be stupid all in d name of "blind" infatuation?

No girl is following any1 around or begging to be taken back here, maybe u have another story n like i said read the post before these
Re: Is This Human Nature? by busybein: 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2009
Monicaa:

My dear u all got it wrong n twisted undecided tongue undecided undecided n this doesn't relate to the post/topic, I gave an example

nope u got it all wrong and twisted,because i also gave my own example just like u did

im writing in parables

if this same girl in my example is still inlove wt that confused player,who does not appreciate her as woman,and who does not love her but prefers to ignore other men that love her for real and come to her for a relatonship,then shes stupid,that is where stupidity comes in

what is experience being a good teacher?if d girl does not learn after 3 experiences wt d same dude,then shes needs a shrink

love ko,lust ni

i will never follow or fall inlove wt some dude that does not love,that is madness
Re: Is This Human Nature? by olanajim(m): 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2009
I don't think it can be generalised that it is human nature to love someone who does not love you. If that is so, why do we hate our enemies instead of loving them, even though scriptures told us to love our enemies?

Monica, what I think is that it is emotional blindness. Often, if you bother to look at it deeply, you will find that the person who loves someone that didn't reciprocate him/her would, have a reason (whether it is good or bad) for loving the stone-hearted fellow.

If the object of obsession is taken away, love will evaporate quickly. The object of obsession, can be: wealth, beauty, power, fame, etc. It could also be a result of fear. Fear of criticism, fear of not finding another partner, fear of being on the losing side. It can also be a result of cultural or religious prejudice.

Whatever it is, I don't think it is human nature to love those who don't love them. Humans are selfish by nature. They only venture into relationship when they know there is something in it for them.

If a lady stay in a relationship where her man is using her as a cushion or punch bag, it is not because she love him so deep, but because she know there is something in the relationship for her.
Re: Is This Human Nature? by busybein: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2009
olanajim thank u thank u kiss kiss uve said it all

love ko,human nature ni,d people r just blind jare
Re: Is This Human Nature? by olanajim(m): 11:07pm On Jan 09, 2009
Lol
Re: Is This Human Nature? by Monicaa: 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2009
Olanajim
That's a good point n it makes sense

busybein:

olanajim thank u thank u kiss kiss uve said it all

love ko,human nature ni,d people r just blind jare

Re: Is This Human Nature? by busybein: 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2009
Monicaa:

its stupid to be inlove wt someone that does not love u

whoever is inlove wt smone that does not lover her or him,is blind

i called it blind infatuation before

all dis blind inlust pple sef
Re: Is This Human Nature? by Monicaa: 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2009
busybein:

its stupid to be inlove wt someone that does not love u

whoever is inlove wt smone that does not lover her or him,is blind

i called it blind infatuation before

all this blind inlust people sef

Ok

Re: Is This Human Nature? by bubblegum(f): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2009
word!!!
Re: Is This Human Nature? by koolpal(m): 8:01am On Jan 10, 2009
its just one of those theories of life, those u love dont love u like those that are dying 4 ur own love grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is This Human Nature? by JJYOU: 12:06am On Jan 11, 2009
olanajim:

I don't think it can be generalised that it is human nature to love someone who does not love you. If that is so, why do we hate our enemies instead of loving them, even though scriptures told us to love our enemies?

Monica, what I think is that it is emotional blindness. Often, if you bother to look at it deeply, you will find that the person who loves someone that didn't reciprocate him/her would, have a reason (whether it is good or bad) for loving the stone-hearted fellow.

If the object of obsession is taken away, love will evaporate quickly. The object of obsession, can be: wealth, beauty, power, fame, etc. It could also be a result of fear. Fear of criticism, fear of not finding another partner, fear of being on the losing side. It can also be a result of cultural or religious prejudice.

Whatever it is, I don't think it is human nature to love those who don't love them. Humans are selfish by nature. They only venture into relationship when they know there is something in it for them.

If a lady stay in a relationship where her man is using her as a cushion or punch bag, it is not because she love him so deep, but because she know there is something in the relationship for her.
Re: Is This Human Nature? by Blatant: 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2009
women tend to love those who show no interest in them.

If you chat up a white woman in a normal way, she'll reject you but if you just show a lack of interest, she will die to have you.
Re: Is This Human Nature? by Blatant: 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2009
I believe Nigerian girls also tend to like boys who are bad. lipsrsealed
Re: Is This Human Nature? by Feelitx(m): 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2009
Ujujoan has said it all. I go with her opinion.

(1) (Reply)

My Worse Experience This Year / How To Make Her Sleep With You - Techniques To Lure Her Into The Bedroom / Ex-girlfriend Is Back:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.