Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,870 members, 7,855,559 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements (64201 Views)

Aisha Buhari Delivering Lectures In New York (Photos) / This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises / Buhari Delivering Speech At An Event Organised By US Chamber Of Commerce (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by chidistone: 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ejoor! Can any one explain what this Chatham House is all about. Is this Chatham house a place where Lord Luggard kept our fore father's chest? Or, a place where Buhari will denounce his statement for total
Islamic law across the country, will this Chatham house of APC be a place where he will explain more about $2.8billion in 1978 as NNPC Fed commissioner. This Chatham house should be a house where Buhari will explain why he led the criminal overthrow of a democratically elected government in 1984 would later wish to benefit from the same democracy. Oh, Chatham house might be where Buhari would want to tell the world that him "mr clean" was wrong when said Abacha was not corrupt. I think I am beginning to know why this Chatham house is so much making headlines on nairaland. May be cos, Buhari and APC wants to let us know. Why he allowed 56 illegal suitcases of currency notes into the country through his ADC unchecked when there was currency change by his own government in the country at the time would be described as a man of his words. Hope he also explained why as PTF Chairman, embezzled billions of Naira through over- invoicing of supplies and the supply of fake and expired drugs to hospitals is now a disciplined man. Why did Ahmed Salihijo, whose consortium was in charge of all the PTF contracts under Buhari, commit suicide when former President Obasanjo commenced the probe of PTF in 1999?.Chatham house, Chatham House, na wa for this over hyping of this chatam house. Chai! When we should be taking our campaiigns to the grass root, some people are creating rooms for neo-colonialism. Well, Lord lugard them don die tete. So no atom of his of juju at that Chatham shrine should bring nigerians back to analogue age.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by ITbomb(m): 3:05pm On Feb 26, 2015
I thought this was supposed to be an interactive session , why reading?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by SomebodyLovesMe: 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
eaglechild:
PDP is busy doing grass roots politics on ground.

GMB and their APC cronies are busy chattering away in Chatham house, that the actual voters will never get to be aware of.

When APC loses as usual they will cry foul and tell their supporters to soak dog and baboon with their blood.

I am giving a general advice to APC zombies, when you lose this time around do not donate your blood to Buhari cause he does not give a damn.

Lol. PDP is doing grassroot politics weeks after the original election was scheduled and postponed. They moved the date because they need more time.

APC has done their homework and have no reason to be running around looking for supporters. APC is taking its campaign global to ensure that the whole world keeps its eyes on these elections, given PDP's desperation to play foul.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by PassingShot(m): 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
ibknaanii:
I Love this man, 4m the little I know abt him, he is the best option for Nigeria comparing the two options but what I don't like are the people working with him the likes of Tinubu, Atiku etc are highly corrupt politicians. I will say this again. If he will perform and eradicate corruption he will first betray Tinubu and the rest. 4m my view APC is lucky to have GMB in there party, because for long APC have been eying that presidential set, tell me who is a formidable candidate in APC that can give GEJ sleepless night??.
In Short APC needed Buhari to get dt presidential set then all other people will follow. Do u think Tinubu is stupid wen he didn't contest now, saying it is because of his love 4Nigeria. What Love?? All thesame, Buhari still have my Vote not APC

We cannot hold forth for Tinubu or Atiku or any other person perceived as corrupt. One sure thing is that Buhari needs all the help and support to get there and help our nation. On many occasions that he refused to mingle with those "corrupt" politicians, did he win?

And Tinubu was tried by ICPC but found not guilty and discharged of all charges. Atiku is believed to be corrupt too but none of the past presidents was able to probe him successfully.

To move forward, Buhari only needs to make sure that under his watch, no one steals or enriches him/herself corruptly and goes scot free. Simple as ABC.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by scarred9jan(m): 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2015
razid:

Thanks my dear sister(?) for the compliment.

Actually with your comment I could sense some positive things. Some of us are very truthful to ourselves that we find it difficult to deny the truth. You were very outspoken and frank. You didn't allow sentiments to becloud your judgement of what you saw yourself. Even though a part of you what to acknowledge what you saw, but the other part is saying otherwise. Sometimes we find ourselves in this scenario. You simply confirmed this through your answer to another fellow by saying that a devil you know is better than an unknown angel. You wanted to give the devil another chance when you are convinced that by the word devil, nothing good can come out of it afterall.

Some in response to your puzzlement took it to mean that probably you should have never believed in the unseen in the first instance. That is where the difference lies. I perfectly understand your fears because I have been there myself. I know what it means to leave one's comfort zone. You are afraid because you did not know what the future will hold. This goes for some of us and that is why we are where we are today. We are too comfortable with our thoughts. We do not like something that will upset the equilibrium because of our fears of what may come out of it.

But my dear sister(?), taking this path will lead us to nowhere. We will only be stagnated in only one place: where we are. But mind you, the world we live today is once the dream of some people. Some of them died in the actualization of those dreams. In those days when I read James Hardley Chase novels, I would wonder if such technology could ever exist. But see what is happening today, and judge the power of human mind!

So back to the topic my sister(?), I understand your fears about the man. And in the programme you have just watched, Buhari acknowledged such fear. He said whenever he remembers the energy and zeal of the young men who followed and accompanied them from the airport to the venue of the rally, that he is always scared and disappointing such people would be a great disappointment. To be fair, I think he understands the hope we are putting on him. The onus is on us to give him the chance to prove his mettle.

For me in particular, this election is not about any politician per se, but it is an assessment of a government by the people they rule. So if we are able to defeat the PDP, we would have succeeded in telling anybody that win that Nigerian people cannot be taken for a ride.

God bless you and your family and may God bless Nigeria more than we ever imagine.

This is exactly the gospel i preach on the streets. Its not about the candidates, or the party per say, but the ability for Nigerians to stand up and be counted. If APC are voted in and its business as usual, i would kick against them come the next elections. Afterall, its just me, my conscience and the ballot paper in the polling booth. Nobody is going to be there to point out who i should vote for. To all, use your head and do what is right. Remember the money they are sharing to you now, when they enter them go forget you till 2019. Do the job that you are paid for but on the polling day, do what you feel is right for your future.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by Umarmusa1988(m): 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2015
psucc:
What will he answer when asked about his WASC?

This is an intellectuals gathering, well matured. If you ask such kind of question there, you will disgrace your community.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by PassingShot(m): 3:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

Lol. PDP is doing grassroot politics weeks after the original election wad scheduled and postponed. They moved the date because they need more time.

APC has done their homework and have no reason to be running around looking for supporters. APC is taking its campaign global to ensure that the whole world keeps its eyes on these elections, given PDP's desperation to play foul.

The fact also remains that APC will most likely do more grass root campaigning within the last three weeks to the election. They have done some town hall meetings and we expect that they will do more within the remaining time.

PDP has lost this election especially with the card reader.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by SomebodyLovesMe: 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
You must be a super dunce for you not to understand that the people at home would be the one doing the voting .

Olodo. grin

Oh. My. Goodness.

Where does one begin with these clueless people, who think that a campaign strategy is all about rallying voters at home?

No wonder why PDP asked for 6 more weeks, to make up for the several months of clueless campaigning.They know nothing about campaigns, nevermind having a strategy.

I am sure that after 6 weeks, they will still be anxious about election results.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by Blitz888(m): 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
edogirl2:

First time I have heard Buhari speak!

Listening on radio now, the poise of the man is unbelievable.

Yes I had to stretch my hears to pick out one or two words due to his diction, but what a beautifully poised delivery and we should be proud of our various local diction, of which the Hausa one is really beautiful! We are not English people please!!you observed well. Let's vote persons and not parties.

The man's calmness and poise was absolutely immense. You can tell the man has tons of leadership experience. He certainly will not be shaking and sweating profusely in the face of routine questions from the likes of the CNN woman, Amanpour.
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by Blitz888(m): 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
edogirl2:

First time I have heard Buhari speak!

Listening on radio now, the poise of the man is unbelievable.

Yes I had to stretch my hears to pick out one or two words due to his diction, but what a beautifully poised delivery and we should be proud of our various local diction, of which the Hausa one is really beautiful! We are not English people please!!

The man's calmness and poise was absolutely immense. You can tell the man has tons of leadership experience. He certainly will not be shaking and sweating profusely in the face of routine questions from the likes of the CNN woman, Amanpour.
You observed well. Let's vote people and not parties.
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by Truckpusher(m): 3:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

Oh. My. Goodness.

Where does one begin with these clueless people, who think that a campaign strategy is all about rallying voters at home?

No wonder why PDP asked for 6 more weeks, to make up for the several months of clueless campaigning.They know nothing about campaigns, nevermind having a strategy.

I am sure that after 6 weeks, they will still be anxious about election results.
You aren't too smart after all .....smh
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by SomebodyLovesMe: 3:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
PassingShot:

The fact also remains that APC will most likely do more grass root campaigning within the last three weeks to the election. They have done some town hall meetings and we expect that they will do more within the remaining time.

PDP has lost this election especially with the card reader.

Yes!!! APC has a strategy. PDP doesn't. That's the difference between intelligence and cluelessness.
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by SomebodyLovesMe: 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
You aren't too smart after all .....smh

Yeah?? grin

I'm glad you knew better than to try to argue grin
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by billyG(m): 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
eagleeye2:

I believe he equally spoke with this much passion, when he overthrew Shagari's government.............
I careless how APC wants to sell to us a painted Sepulchre, but a man who once overthrew a democratic government shouldn't even dream on coming back to power as an elected President.
Buhari has never believed in a democratic system of government, and I very much doubt that he is about to be 'true' democrat.
He did well by overthrowing a clueless & corrupt govt.,he is not d 1st,even jj Rawlings evn executed ghana's corrupt politicians & today she is d envy of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by Akainzo(m): 3:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
anonymousjuju:

when will people like you stop quoting someone without making insults as your replies ?

It will happen when people stop insulting the intelligence of others and stop denigrating people's beliefs by statements that have no basis in rationality.

You abuse and denigrate my belief as a Christian when you say "The devil you know is better than an angel you don't see", and at the same time call on God. Is God and His angels seen? Does it not then begat belief how you can profess to worship Him and then say you prefer the devil to His angels.
You can't take in maggot infested carcass and then quarrel about being visited by ants.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by Truckpusher(m): 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

Yeah?? grin

I'm glad you knew better than to try to argue grin
What's the essence of arguing with a brainwashed mofo? cheesy
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by tushburg(m): 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
How will BHs speech @ chartham mk me vote 4 him abeg
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by scarred9jan(m): 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
Aigbofa:

I have seen Jonathan interviews and he is supposed to be a PhD holder!
Either Buhari is inately more intelligent or Jonathan got a crappy PhD.

if you are conversant with how things are done in universities in the south, you will go for the second. Buhari is not innately intelligent but just like the average Educated Nigerian, but Jonathan's PHD is suspect.. like seriously, i had roommates doing thesis for post graduate students during my time in Uniport.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by billyG(m): 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
[quote author=MymothersKeeper post=31105650][/quote]
And so what!
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by SomebodyLovesMe: 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
What's the essence of arguing with a brainwashed mofo? cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by Truckpusher(m): 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

grin grin grin
Now, that was funny. grin

Your moniker, though. tongue

Just like mine cheesy
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by pacoson: 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
kwaruftion :Dkwaruftion
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by Badassniggga(m): 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
thunder74:
In a nutshell, Buhari will not be at Chattam House again. I am laughing, I know APC will manufacture reasons why Buhari will not attend the scheduled program because he is sick.

this dude right here was laffing yesterday.. Guess who's laughing now??
grin grin
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by billyG(m): 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
eaglechild:
PDP is busy doing grass roots politics on ground.

GMB and their APC cronies are busy chattering away in Chatham house, that the actual voters will never get to be aware of.

When APC loses as usual they will cry foul and tell their supporters to soak dog and baboon with their blood.

I am giving a general advice to APC zombies, when you lose this time around do not donate your blood to Buhari cause he does not give a damn.
Sorry bro,i think this time it is PDP that iz threatening 2 soak Baboon in Dog's blood.
#Buharicarrygo#
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by eleko1: 3:46pm On Feb 26, 2015
cry embarassed sad Nor fall sick biko,make those useless goats/enemies on NL nor dey rejoice.May ur sickness be upon ur enemies/FAYOSE
holatin:
I only watch a little from the speech at a chemist shop when I went to buy drug and I noticed something.

HIS HEALTH STATE IS MORE THAN OK.

why will fayose do to his spies for lying even after collecting a huge sum from him.
God bless d people general.

#feeling sick
stay health cool
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by eleko1: 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
omonla555:
God

Fayose, FFK and his cronies will be crying now. Buhari all the ways.

Fayose will be on his way to Gaol come September 29, 2015.

I have a conviction, Fayose will be jailed.
the thug don booked his tickect to Congo in advance.If nah lie,ask Pa Tewonde Bode
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by rajoys: 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
We have tried it for Lucky Igbinedon in Edo state and even though he repeated, he failed again. Incidentally, Lucky Igbinedon is also from PDP. Nigeria destiny is too big to be put in the hand of somebody that has failed for almost 6yrs now. We don't want to repeat the mistake of Edo state when Lucky Igbinedon was allowed to repeat and he failed woefully again in his 2nd term.

nyerem:
Jona till 2019
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by thegreengooner(m): 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
ssammy:
be deceiving yourself

You're the one that has been deceived.
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by thegreengooner(m): 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
ITbomb:
I thought this was supposed to be an interactive session , why reading?

You clearly did not watch it. He read his speech first then sat down and listened to questions which he then proceeded to answer.

He wrote down the questions and referred to them from time to time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by barbatee007(m): 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
This doesn't look like a Photoshop effect.
Re: Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements by aresa: 4:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
[s]
Truckpusher:
While the PDP is doing door to door campaign approaching the traders,artisans,folks with white collar jobs and local women and men one fragile old man is roaming the entire UK giving speech ,my questions are : How many Nigerian electorates lives in the UK that has the capability to vote,what percentage of our teeming population has any knowledge about Chatham house ?

They are not serious and lemme be very frank with you ,anyone that engages in any form of violence after the election would be mercilessly dealt with, because this is what Buhari the certificateless dictator is hoping to do and God willing he will pay for it dearly because this isn't 2011 when his supporters went on rampage after he lost just like the serial loser the he is.

Let them wear and adorn themselves with Chatham house vane glory that won't swing any votes his way.My advice is for them to engage in grassroots campaign and not running to an old colonial master which is an insult and a slap to the sovereignity of this nation.

APC is a disgrace to the Nigerian people.
[/s]

I sense a @ lot of pain, fear and sorrow in your sorry and pathetic post...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Novelty Birthday Match At Onikan Stadium / Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) / Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.