Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? (39721 Views)

Which Colour Is The Best For Your Brand? / Which Colour Of Curtain Best Suit Pink Paintwd Wall / What Color Is This Dress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by sweetcocoa(f): 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
What kinda sorcery is this? Been looking at this cloth since morning and all I see is white and gold, asked my sister and she's seeing black and blue.

Some people claim to have seen the 4 colors, why aren't I seeing it biko nu?
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Borgias(f): 9:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
All I see is white n gold, I am shocked any1 can c blue n black
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Debbylia(f): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
am also seeing white and gold, but to my surprise I saw the real dress on CNN which was blue and black, but I could not get the full news, who else saw it on CNN? abeg give full gist.

1 Like

Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by kechywillz(m): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
thats sky blue and brown

2 Likes

Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by 2sign: 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
Purple and brown or b purple and indigo
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by IGBOSON1: 10:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
JbravoAdodger:
All you ppl seing blue and black are runnin mad!!!

^^^That's the only explanation!

1 Like

Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by haibe(m): 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
It happens as a result of lightening and shade when the picture was taken.. The original cloth is blue and black but I have only seen gold and white... Remains a mystery anyway
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by SisiNini(f): 10:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
Are you guys for real?! Why will anyone see blue and black...?! Dat one na confirm colour blindness ooo...

1 Like

Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Yustash001(m): 10:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
dat5starguy:

I'm sorry but you might be colour blind. it's actually white and gold.
you should rather say that's what you see...
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by haibe(m): 10:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
homesteady:
I just saw this right now -

What a fuckin.g lie.. It is originally blue and black, the dress only creates an illusion at times.. I have always seen gold and white tho
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by IGBOSON1: 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
It's gold and a blueish kind of white! Anyone seeing anything different needs to visit specsavers......fast!!
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
Yustash001:
you should rather say that's what you see...
Right, thanks.
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Perelo(m): 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
Purple, White, brown
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by alsudaes1(m): 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
Yustash001:
When I no get colour blindness...na black and blue na...

I wonder o lipsrsealed
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by alsudaes1(m): 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
edwife:
This is the explanation given but still strange. undecided

[img]http://2.bp..com/-nGGE02fc0t8/VPAjoNJE0lI/AAAAAAABsqQ/DcppbewAZ3k/s1600/IMG_20150227_064702.jpg[/img]

I actually saw blue and black, however the right brain and left brain stuff does not apply to me cos I strongly prefer mathematics to anything arts. . undecided
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by haibe(m): 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
AmakaDNB:
White n gold in the afternoon. Blue n black in the evening.

I still see white and gold at night
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by alsudaes1(m): 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
dramaine:

Bro your own case na delieverance u need.
grin
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by haibe(m): 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
alsudaes1:

I actually saw blue and black, however the right brain and left brain stuff does not apply to me cos I strongly prefer mathematics to anything arts. . undecided

you just might have not discovered your talent undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Rajosh(m): 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
confusing. I don't understand how or why some people are seeing white and gold.
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Rajosh(m): 10:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
the first time I saw the pix some hours ago, it was blue and black. now it's blue and gold. I don't understand o or am I seeing beyond the physical realm ?
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by alsudaes1(m): 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
haibe:

you just might have not discovered your talent undecided

talking about "talent", then I made a mistake by using the word "prefer". . . I BREATHE MATHEMATICS!!! kiss
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Rajosh(m): 10:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
SisiNini:
Are you guys for real?! Why will anyone see blue and black...?! Dat one na confirm colour blindness ooo...
Lol. That's what I saw o.
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Rajosh(m): 11:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
Borgias:
All I see is white n gold, I am shocked any1 can c blue n black
it's blue and black. I'm so so shocked anyone can see white and gold.
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Jerryolumide(m): 11:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
missterious:
I saw it on Buzzfeed & Twitter earlier. Up till now, I'm still seeing white & gold. embarassed

Modified: It's actually blue & black according to the person who uploaded it originally but I refuse to believe.
at first I saw white and gold, But now I'm seeing blue and black
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by trisstor(m): 11:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
Ok!!!
This is very weird.
Meim seeing blue and gold O.
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Jamie1360(m): 11:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
I see white and gold not until I put on my sun glasses, na soo I dey see black and blue try that and see
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Bamz(m): 12:30am On Feb 28, 2015
Frankmishael:
I only see gej till 2019

undecided angry
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 28, 2015
its blue and brown...

then at the corner of the hand..its

cream colour and brown..

simple!!!
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by abbychi: 2:28am On Feb 28, 2015
homesteady:
1)White and gold
2)Blue and black!

I saw blue and black!

I actually watch it on CNN today where a model wore the dress and stood beside the photo. It was actually Black and Blue. That being said, there may be 2 types or the lighting in the picture is weird.
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by abbychi: 2:56am On Feb 28, 2015
Got this from yahoo.com:

Swiked, Canach

Sarah Weichel (above) and Caitlin Mcneill (below)

Two women are behind the viral dress that has everyone confused. Here’s what they told us.

The picture was initially posted on Tumblr by a 21-year-old singer named Caitlin McNeill who lives on the tiny Scottish island of Colonsay.

In a telephone conversation with Business Insider on Thursday evening, McNeill explained that the picture was a dress was worn to her friends’ wedding. In the photo, some people see the dress as white and gold while others see it as blue and black.

The dress was worn by the bride’s mother. McNeill and her friends first realized there was something different about the dress when the mother sent her daughter the now-famous photo.

“What happened was two of my close friends were actually getting married and the mother of the bride took a photo of the dress to send to her daughter,” McNeill explained. “When my friend showed the dress to her fiancee, they disagreed on the color.”

The bride then posted the picture on Facebook and her friends continued to debate the color of the dress.

“All of our friends disagreed,” McNeill said.

After seeing the Facebook thread, McNeill decided to share the picture on a fan page she has on Tumblr dedicated to a woman named Sarah Weichel. That’s where the dress went viral.

Weichel is a talent manager who represents several YouTubers including Hannah Hart.

Weichel told Business Insider her phone began blowing up on Thursday after McNeill’s post started going viral.

“The crazy thing is, I actually have nothing to do with the post. It’s literally just a fan account of me, so my name and my photos are all over the account,” Weichel said. “I actually don’t have anything to do with it. … But I have been getting a ton of phone calls and emails tonight.”
The situation was even weirder for Weichel because her client, Hart, was just announced as the star of a new television series on Thursday.
“Between that announcement and the dress thing my phone has been going crazy with congratulations and ‘What the hell is happening?’” Weichel said.
Weichel put Business Insider in touch with McNeill who said one of the oddest parts of the experience has been watching celebrities share her picture.
“I thought my followers on Tumblr would maybe have a good reaction, but I never would have considered that Taylor Swift and Mindy Kaling would be tweeting about it,” McNeill said.
Out of all the celebrities who became interested in her post, McNeill would like to meet Swift.
“Oh my god,” she said when we asked about Swift. “That would be something.”
McNeill plays guitar and sings in a band named Canach that plays what she described as “traditional Scottish folky music.” Her band played at the wedding. She actually saw the dress and told us definitively what color it really is.
“I got to the wedding and the mother was wearing the dress,” McNeill said. “Obviously it was blue and black.”

The post Two women are behind the viral dress that has everyone confused – Here’s what they told us appeared first on Business Insider.
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by susrite(m): 3:52am On Feb 28, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
Light blue and gold
ok! We in the same bus
Re: Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? by beordune(m): 5:45am On Feb 28, 2015
senorova:
This is seriously mind blowing.
Blue and black for where?
Someone even said purple!!!

It's white and gold I'm seeing ooo

I want to believe people are just calling different colors aside the "Gold and White" I see because they want to follow the crowd.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Someone Posted Lady's Photo With 'RIP' Written On It. She Reacts / I Killed This Python This Early Morning. / Car Hits Man Pressing His Phone In Abia, While Crossing Express Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.