Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 (31591 Views)

Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring / INEC Announces Dates For 2019 General Elections / Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by bobisky(m): 9:12am On Mar 01, 2015
Good news
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 01, 2015
Liesssssss from the pit of hell. Don't be deceived Gej is leaving that office come may 29.
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by talktimi(m): 9:39am On Mar 01, 2015
Hamza al Mustapha for president 2019 cool

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by roxell120(m): 9:41am On Mar 01, 2015
nairalife2013:
The north is getting back her right senses lol
I never knew they had one before not to think of getting any back

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by roxell120(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2015
Koroaso:
*****Enough northern this southern that*******

*****NIGERIANS ASK FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE******

REGARDLESS OF NORTH SOUTH WEST OR EAST

SO MANY YEARS AFTER INDEPENDENCE WE ARE STILL

GETTING IT RIGHT......CAPITAL PROJECTS ARE REISSUED
EVERY NEW ADMINISTRATION......ITS TIME WE HAVE A
BIPARTISAN APPROACH TO THINGS LIKE EDUCATION,SECURITY AND HEALTHCARE.......

NORTH,SOUTH,WEST,EAST
IS A SCAM.......................

SAY I AM A NIGERIAN AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS

GMB/PYO
hypocrite. What makes you think you are any different

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by 100Cents: 10:36am On Mar 01, 2015
scribble:
Wow good to see Northern elements thinking in the right direction.

My month of first place, first class and first rate success.

grin

These same people who peppered Jonathan in 2011.

Whom God has blest, no man can curse...

Chai...

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by ernecy(m): 10:39am On Mar 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
If Yaradua's saga should repeat itself again the North will not accept the outcome because the South West will cling to the constitution and I guess at that point the country is heading towards balkanization because they will quietly play into the hands of other regions.

Buhari can't survive a rigorous Nigerian politicking for 4 years how much more the 8 Years projection.Tinubu is fast becoming a puppeteer and Buhari his puppet in waiting . grin
take 2k

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by 100Cents: 10:52am On Mar 01, 2015
jaytee01:
And the SE, the perenial follow follow, will form groups to support this deal!

All the years that North and South west ruled, what have they achieved ? Go to any part of Nigeria, mud houses and brown roofs are prevalent in the west, most parts of north are unscholled. So who is really lagging behind ?

Only GEJ is showing signs of elite leadership.

Help must come from the East..

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by adanny01(m): 11:15am On Mar 01, 2015
Wasnt it this kind of agreement the north entered into with GEJ in 2011 which he denies? These Hausa leaders are probably from Niger republic. I just hope the leaders themselves will give him all the votes he needs.

To be candid, these men are described in Hausa as 'yan maula'. Translating it perfectly will be a problem but imagine those politicians that will tell you anything your ears ache for in their bid to get you to give them something. The sell out on their friends, family benefactors etc to get money. GEJ is being MAULARIZED!
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by adanny01(m): 11:18am On Mar 01, 2015
100Cents:

All the years that North and South west ruled, what have they achieved ? Go to any part of Nigeria, mud houses and brown roofs are prevalent in the west, most parts of north are unscholled. So who is really lagging behind ?

Only GEJ is showing signs of elite leadership.

Help must come from the East..

After 5yrs, he is just showing signs of elite leadership? How long will you live to want to continue waiting? Be realistic fellow Nigerian.
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by 100Cents: 11:25am On Mar 01, 2015
adanny01:

After 5yrs, he is just showing signs of elite leadership? How long will you live to want to continue waiting? Be realistic fellow Nigerian.

GEJ shortcomings are late response to the fight against insurgency and the naira freefall.

But talk about freedom of speech, stimulation of the economy, railways, agriculture, GEJ is better than any former leader Nigeria has had..

GEJ is of the minority, and he gas performed better than North and SW, so I am telling you not to insult the Igbos. We are the engine room of Nigeria's civilization. Are you in doubt of my last sentence ?

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by katazozo: 11:29am On Mar 01, 2015
The northern elders have realize that Tinubu and Amaechi are planning another Ya adua,they know very well that Osinbajo Will resign after six months if they win and Tinubu take over before they send Buhari to early Grave.
Obasanjo did it successfully,that was why obasanjo choose GEJ in favour of Victor Atta,Donald Duke and Peter odili because he believed GEJ wud be easier for him to control from ota farm.but the northerners are now wise

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by adanny01(m): 11:29am On Mar 01, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Jokes apart, I have never thought that the igbos were supporting jonathan because they were expecting him to hand over to an igbo man. Every right think nigerian, knows that after jona, power should go back to the North. So in 12 years time, it should automatically go from North to SE all things being equal.

The igbos are very rational and fair minded people. They know that it is impossible for Jona to hand power to an igbo man, as that will amount to usurpation of power and northern opportunity.

So let Jona do his thing. After, the North will take over. I have said it before that Buhari's ambitions don't represent the North.

The only thing i agree with you is what Igbo has done to themselves. They have aligned themselves with those who can never ever help them get their own to power. The polulation of SE and SS put together is not up to that of NW or SW. Without aligning to one of these the SE remains out of the presidential race until such a time when a Goodluck scenerio will help them.

Those Igbos who dream that GEJ will hand over to them need to wake up ASAP.

On Buhari, 3 things are working well for the General. 1, he has had cult like followership in the north 2, GEJs disappointing governance, insecurity, corruption, failed promises and lack of will to fight for the people has lost him alot of objective supporters like me 3, GEJ accumulated alot of disgruntled PDP bigwigs and their supporters who have no option than to pitch tent with the opposition hence GMB

2 and 3 is what has changed that GMB now has a chance. While alot of GEJ supporters remain positive for success, they know failure is inevitable unless unconstitutional means is used. So many hate Hausa to the extent they entertain unconstitutional means to their end leading the country to impunity with no remorse or conscience for the rule of law. Is it good for our society? NO
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by dokyOloye: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2015
jaytee01:
And the SE, the perenial follow follow, will form groups to support this deal!
U and ilk that have been hoarding power all thru,what have U done with it?
We have been eating b4 d occasion U knw.
D indigenes of Nnewi in Anambra state alone can buy d whole of Nigeria,including Dangote etc,carry out a little investigation,U will be shocked to Ur marrow.
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by ichidodo: 11:38am On Mar 01, 2015
zizibabe1:

BROS,ARARUME KWA? UCHE GI A DIKWA YA? I DON'T THINK HE IS A PART OF THAT POLITICAL EQUATION.CHECK THE DYNAMICS,STARTING FROM OBJ'S TIME UP TO RECENT TIMES. THERE ARE OTHER ELEMENTS WITH BRIGHTER CHANCES,DEFINITELY NOT ARARUME
Ararume has been a constant and loyal presence in the PDP as far BOT members(including Jonathan as we understands Jonah owes him a good one) are concerned then you factor in his all round acceptability in the South east and the rest of the country coupled with his well oiled political machinery on ground.We don't see how he can be stopped with political heavy weights backing him up in the PDP.
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by onatisi(m): 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
I have always told mumu apc supporters on nairaland that the northern political class will never follow buhari . The guy is simply a bad product on a good or bad market. The upcoming election defeat of apc will be so shameful it will breakup the party. The areas where apc thinks they are strongest is where they will lose the heaviest. Even the northern leaders have started looking beyond buhari because they know he can and will never win an election in Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by whoawa(m): 12:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
BabaEleko:
THE SAME PRESIDENT, THE SAME
GOVERNMENT, THE SAME PARTY (PDP), THE SAME NIGERIAN MILITARY, THE SAME BOKO HARAM, THE SAME SAMBISA FOREST, They are winning the same battle now within 2 weeks now that MR PRESIDENT AND PDP NEED OUR VOTES AT ALL COST. This is the same battle they were unable to win since 4 years ago when they didn't need anything from us. Over 100,000 people have been killed. Billion of dollars properties destroyed. Several million people were rendered homeless. Women were raped. Female students were kidnapped. WE ARE NOT FOOLS God will save us from THE THESE LOOTERS. PLEASE SHARE AND LET VOTE JONATHAN OUT. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
including ur mother Was raped or. Have u. Forgotten?.i dont blame u because GEJ has given u freedom Of speech. U now talk like ashawo without sense. GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by Truckpusher(m): 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
egift:
So they support Jonathan not because he worth reflecting But because the are planning to project their own candidate? Now the trut is out. Buhari all the way!
My problem with folks like you is that despite your level of intelligence you still don't follow up issues analytically and see the end game but you're always blinded by your peephole approach to issues that requires a no miscalculation approach

If you were in the Northern think tank group would you risk a 'Buhari' with the understanding that
1) Jonathan might likely win and of course, he will screw you guys nicely if he wins.....dem dun show am pepper
2) If Buhari wins he would serve as puppet to Tinubu and his strange bed fellows who are over ambitious ?

Look at it from a different point of view considering the North's clamour for power to return back to them ,you'll notice that the north would support Jonathan if they have a watertight arrangement with Jonathan which shouldn't be a problem for Jonathan.After all he's got nothing to lose after 2019.
At this point in our politics no region would want to field an old General in the camp of Tinubu who they can't control to an extent especially with the too many hawks from the South East and South South who won't waste their time in abandoning ship once it is obvious that the ship is sinking .

Buhari is just an unfortunate man ,honestly the odds against him are too many .
Think bro.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by Hitunnu(f): 1:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
They went for their own naira share.
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by mightycrown1(m): 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
it is high time we understood that for non-corrupt person to lead this nation a lot of home work needed to be done. a lot are afraid that if GMB win the election they will either be in exile or in kirikiri, despite the fact that he (GMB) continue to remain them that he wont touch them they are still afraid so they keep on jumping everyday. or is it because he said it wont be business as usual. im sorry for this nation.

GMB God is your strength and he will surely see you through no matter what.
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by Ilekeh(f): 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
You and your compound in Texas abi ? undecided

I want you Yorubas to understand that if the Gambari man is betrayed it won't augur well with your political elites as the Hausa/Fulani would be more than ready to prop up a military dictator overnight who'll stage a coup and of course you understood perfectly how it would end .

They will simply give some concessions to the Niger Delta to look the other way ,settle out with the South East who would be more than willing to screw you guys back nicely while shouting 'modupe'

So,next time you yell 'as for me and my compound we vote change' just make sure you're in Ekiti State and not in Texas. grin

Did you deport me to Texas? Last I checked, I was on the East coast, with voting eligibility and families in Nigeria that can vote.

Playing tribal card won't help your matter either. If you're thinking Yoruba, Gambari etc and your choices are being influenced by the fact that GEJ is from your side, you've failed.

Keep your mentality over there.
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by Mccullum: 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
It is all about continuity stategy in favour of chop chop northern elders to sign deceptive agreement, only God knows the person that will be president in 2019

What of the Igbos that expecting their turn for presidency, no hope for them again?

God is the best player above all game planners.

May God bless Nigeria
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by kernel504(m): 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:
[size=16pt]So what happens to the Ibos who have been believing Jonathan would hand over to them

Abi dem don use dem head again[/size]

Look, while you are busy clamouring for government positions, the Igbo man is busy developing himself... The North has enjoyed power for 32 years, yet they are least developed in Nigeria. The only tribe that equals the Igbo tribe is the Yoruba. We don't need the presidency to be better.
We have the highest number of euthaprenuers in Nigeria. We rule with our economic power, bye.
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by dazdilijae(m): 2:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
hmuhammad:
Stop deceiving yourself, GMB is northern candidate, none of the elders can even control the votes of his house. GMB will win
The part most of you don't know is the northern elders ve very huge influence of the voters unlike down south. The PVCS were given 2 d elders 2 share so the excess over register votes r in their hands if the ve a deal with PDP which in the first place was d main reason 4 a buhari candidature( a bargaining chip) then it would be a free and fair election with low voter turn up in the north as the unused PVC wld drop the votes 4 buhari leadin to GEJ winning due to actual voters down south, the elders feed lots of people evryday and in as much as they won't come out to tell the people not to vote their own the can stop them 4 voting at all. i
Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by Eluwilussit(m): 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
adanny01:

The only thing i agree with you is what Igbo has done to themselves. They have aligned themselves with those who can never ever help them get their own to power. The polulation of SE and SS put together is not up to that of NW or SW. Without aligning to one of these the SE remains out of the presidential race until such a time when a Goodluck scenerio will help them.

Those Igbos who dream that GEJ will hand over to them need to wake up ASAP.

On Buhari, 3 things are working well for the General. 1, he has had cult like followership in the north 2, GEJs disappointing governance, insecurity, corruption, failed promises and lack of will to fight for the people has lost him alot of objective supporters like me 3, GEJ accumulated alot of disgruntled PDP bigwigs and their supporters who have no option than to pitch tent with the opposition hence GMB

2 and 3 is what has changed that GMB now has a chance. While alot of GEJ supporters remain positive for success, they know failure is inevitable unless unconstitutional means is used. So many hate Hausa to the extent they entertain unconstitutional means to their end leading the country to impunity with no remorse or conscience for the rule of law. Is it good for our society? NO

All I said is very simple. If we are running a rotational presidency, Goodluck should be allowed to finish his term. Then power should return to the North for 8 years. After which it should go to the SE. Do you need any political alignment to achieve this? All it takes is equity.

If it were not on rotational bases, then 2 & 3 will come back to bite the SE.

Don't forget that most of SE is PDP, at the national level. The SE voted for Obasanjo in 99 & 03. They voted massively for Yar'Adua as well. Then Jonathan's scenario came along, and they have supported him. Can you tell me how the SE has not been fair and patient to every region so far?

Buhari has never had a fair chance until Tinubu magically convinced most of the West to go along with him, due to his personal ambitions. I hope the North could see the insincerity of Tinubu and his followers. What Tinubu is doing for the SW is politically-savvy. But it might lead to the disenchantment of the SS and may create the type of unrest we are presently facing in the NE. Is that what we need?

I have stated in a lot of my past posts while I can't support Buhari;so I don't wanna over-flog the issues.

I personally don't support rotational presidency and have said so in the past. We all know why it was put in place in the first place, so if we destroy it, we go back to the basis. If that plays out, surely the SW will come out top and credit to Tinubu, but not to nigerians. What we need is a true democracy. Not pandering to the yearnings of a section of the country. As it is today, we have two men that are no where close to the best vying for the top job. Same scenario that has played out since 1999.

Buhari has literally prevented the North from showcasing itself in the past 3 elections or so. He's sitting on the North behemoth-ly. He needs to step aside and let the North breathe freely.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
Cheap lies....Is it the leaders that will vote?
You would have the massive crowd that unleashed in all north rallies.Any northern leader knows he is treading his downfall by saying people shudders vote pdp.

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by babestella: 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
The "Game changer factor" gradually coming to play. Let the music play. GEJ till 2019.

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by babestella: 11:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
mightycrown1:
it is high time we understood that for non-corrupt person to lead this nation a lot of home work needed to be done. a lot are afraid that if GMB win the election they will either be in exile or in kirikiri, despite the fact that he (GMB) continue to remain them that he wont touch them they are still afraid so they keep on jumping everyday. or is it because he said it wont be business as usual. im sorry for this nation.

GMB God is your strength and he will surely see you through no matter what.

Your GMB should prove he wrote WASC first and clear the case of perjury waiting on him, or do you want him to win election and then lose it because of these issues or you want us to conduct an election that will be cancelled eventually (after billions had been wasted) because of these same issues?. God gave Buhari strength but he mis-used it a long time ago. Nigeria has moved on. God bless Nigeria my country.

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019 by adanny01(m): 12:18am On Mar 02, 2015
Eluwilussit:

All I said is very simple. If we are running a rotational presidency, Goodluck should be allowed to finish his term. Then power should return to the North for 8 years. After which it should go to the SE. Do you need any political alignment to achieve this? All it takes is equity.

If it were not on rotational bases, then 2 & 3 will come back to bite the SE.

Don't forget that most of SE is PDP, at the national level. The SE voted for Obasanjo in 99 & 03. They voted massively for Yar'Adua as well. Then Jonathan's scenario came along, and they have supported him. Can you tell me how the SE has not been fair and patient to every region so far?

Buhari has never had a fair chance until Tinubu magically convinced most of the West to go along with him, due to his personal ambitions. I hope the North could see the insincerity of Tinubu and his followers. What Tinubu is doing for the SW is politically-savvy. But it might lead to the disenchantment of the SS and may create the type of unrest we are presently facing in the NE. Is that what we need?

I have stated in a lot of my past posts while I can't support Buhari;so I don't wanna over-flog the issues.

I personally don't support rotational presidency and have said so in the past. We all know why it was put in place in the first place, so if we destroy it, we go back to the basis. If that plays out, surely the SW will come out top and credit to Tinubu, but not to nigerians. What we need is a true democracy. Not pandering to the yearnings of a section of the country. As it is today, we have two men that are no where close to the best vying for the top job. Same scenario that has played out since 1999.

Buhari has literally prevented the North from showcasing itself in the past 3 elections or so. He's sitting on the North behemoth-ly. He needs to step aside and let the North breathe freely.

From the first line, you are very wrong because you the voter decides if he should return or not and that should be done considering his achievements and failures not where he comes from. Rotation of presidency is not in the constitution. So postulating that power should go to the SS for 8 years then North for another 8 years and so on is very wrong. What you are saying is that if we have a thief as a president we must endure him for 8 years because thats his turn and nothing can be done about him. Thats very wrong. No equity can make that happen, only a constitutional amendment can guarantee that and that will never happen because it can not be allowed.

I will restate again, i dont blame Tinubu for his success but blame GEJ for his failures which automatically meant success for Tinubu. So dont blame Tinubu, GEJ miscalculated, its just politics and Jonathan f...ed up big time. He is paying the consequence and has not even learnt from it.

Do you think Atiku or Kwankwasau had the chance to offer the kind of opposition Buhari has given? APC had primaries, Buhari won fair and square, why do you want him to step aside? He is pulling the weight, why do you want him out. Would the others have done better than him. I dont thing you have an argument. You wont suport Buhari, fine, but you have to accept that Buhari is the best the north has to offer to regain their mandate in 2015. 2019 is a matter for another day, for now Buhari is the best to fight GEJ, dont be bitter that he is making it big.

Like i said before, i agree with you that Igbo for now are out of the plan for atleast 12years. I think its even worst if Buhari wins. They will have a chance after 16 years thats if they retrace their steps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg / 15 Ex-governors, Governors Battle For APC Senate Seats - Full List / What's The Best Time To Start Going To The Polling Unit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.