Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! (7807 Views)

Share Your Helmet Experiences Here! Whether Good Bad Or Ugly! / Nigerian Bikers Wear Fruit Shells To Avoid Helmet Law / New Helmet Rule In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by bawomolo(m): 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2009
lol naija people and rumor, first it was gala, then gsm now helmet. what next?
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by kentayo: 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2009
This na serious matter o. I heard it this morning from the bike man i took to the hospital this morning that a lady dissapear at Ikeja (Allen side) immediately she put the helmet on her head. the best thing is to get ur own helment to avoid been use as a scape goat for all this money ritual people
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2009
tytylayor:

but remember that the most affected place is d legs and arms, so r u goin to helmets on ur legs and arms?

u rearly find a case with d head

Any excuse not to comply.

for your information, a broken leg isn't likely to kill you, unless you bleed to death
A broken head on the other hand, will kill you

It the government introduced shin guards, and not the helmet rule, you guys would still complain, and say "what about the head?"
It's a lose-lose situation - cycle safety's got to start somewhere, and where better to start than with the head?

I can't get what's so hard to understand -

Buy your own helmet, or don't use a taxi bike!
And it's not about the cost either - if the helmets were N850, you guys would still find something else to whinge about.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by chi101: 4:05pm On Jan 12, 2009
Na God go save nairalanders from ignorance, how can someone beleive things like this in this 21st or is it 22nd century.

@ poster: Try to try cry cry cry
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2009
Quote from: arnold2g3 on January 10, 2009, 10:51 PM
Whats magical gsm numba about?

there was a time dey said if a particular number calls u
and u pick, d person would disappear

If the people who answered the magic gsm number disappeared, who told the story? How did they know it was that number that made them disappear? Nigerians can be so dull,
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by debosky(m): 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2009
I know there are 'evil forces' out there, but please lets be realistic!

Why do the 'evil forces' need to use helmets to make people disappear? Why don't you disappear once you sit on the okada?  

Afterall, awon aiye (evil forces) used to steal privates and boobs by touching the shoulder or arm - why do they now need helmets?

Enough of the cock and bull tales - we are too prone to believe stories in Nigeria.

Someone gets drugged in the back of a cab and wakes up elsewhere and claims its 'juju' that caused it?  undecided

There is nothing to be gained by propagating these tales - we all know that not all things can be explained away, but can we apply some rational thought to these matters?
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by sojioguns(m): 5:43pm On Jan 12, 2009
Finally, reasonable people are posting on this thread. Whew! What a relief.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2009
*Seriuos mode*
Good Forces, Evil Forces
God, Devil
These are all part of a deluded person's life.
People cannot believe this yet believe there is a book inspired by a daddy somewhere grin grin

*Business mode*
I have keyboards that can make people vanish for sale, for anyone interested limited know that I dont have many left hurry while offer lasts grin grin
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Okijajuju1(m): 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

*Seriuos mode*
Good Forces, Evil Forces
God, Devil
These are all part of a deluded person's life.
People cannot believe this yet believe there is a book inspired by a daddy somewhere grin grin

*Business mode*
I have keyboards that can make people vanish for sale, for anyone interested limited know that I don't have many left hurry while offer lasts grin grin

Bros I de hail you o!! Happy New year. How Area??

I know say you go always talk am as e dey. No mind all this people wey can like to dey carry all this fake news wey we don hear tire for ghetto. Human beings wey dey turn to pussy and goat, touch and follow, touch and disappear, blow drop, punch and chop grass. grin

Me I get Seat belt wey dey make people change to money.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Grizzly(m): 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2009
Wait o, Why is y'all babbling excitedly? I mean is it a big deal? Wats difficult to believe in d story? Is it dat this particular incident dint happen, or dat it cant happen? In Naija, a land riddled wit diabolical excesses.
A powerful jujuman can make available a potent juju to make someone who wears a helmet disappear. Worse happen. I hope its not dis pips from abroad dat are discrediting dis story o. Talkin about 20th and 21st century. BULLSHIT!
Go to ogun state make dem wire u with juju den u go know which century its obtainable.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Okijajuju1(m): 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2009
Grizzly:

Wait o, Why is y'all babbling excitedly? I mean is it a big deal? Wats difficult to believe in d story? Is it that this particular incident dint happen, or that it can't happen? In Naija, a land riddled wit diabolical excesses.
A powerful jujuman can make available a potent juju to make someone who wears a helmet disappear. Worse happen. I hope its not this pips from abroad that are discrediting this story o. Talkin about 20th and 21st century. BULLSHIT!
Go to ogun state make them wire u with juju den u go know which century its obtainable.

Abegi!! Na Ogun do juju pass!!
As the resident native doctor on Nairaland, as a Graduate and a Born and bred Nigerian, I say it is a big lie.
Even if the juju sef dey use USB abi Bluetooth, e no possible.

Juju get limitation o!!
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Grizzly(m): 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2009
My young graduate native doctor, its easy to see ur witch-craft is tainted with a bit of western education. I'm talking of unadulterated "kpe"
Ze onwe gi o! Juju pass juju
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2009
Nwanna rapu okwu!!

We are Nigerians and we tend to have a thing for such rubbish.
I remember one beautiful sunday morning in 2001/2002, I was driving my aunt to church when I came across a very sick accident. A car (505) and somehow left the road, slammed into the street light or was it the traffic light, and had literally split in two equal halves. The first half was containing consisted of the driver and front passenger seat, while the back was the back sats and trunk. Both halves on two opposite sides of the road. Not too far from this accident was a dead woman.

Now the story;
The man alledged that while he was driving, he saw a goat that came out of the blues and was in his path, he immediately slammed on the breaks and swerved to avoid hitting the goat but it was too late. He hit the goat dead-on, skidded off the road, slammed into the pole, and came out unhurt in any way. But when he came out and looked, lo and behold, the goat was now a woman. WOW!! shocked

Story two; A motorcyclist a.k.a Okada rider was speeding in town when a cat also came out of the blues and into his path. He runs into the cat but then all of a sudden the cat transfigures into a woman. WOW!! The sad part of this story is that the Okada man kept repeating his story of him hitrting a cat and not a woman, and the poor woman was lynched to death. YES!! She did not die of the accident but as a result of a mob lynching.

Should I continue?? I have more if you are willing to listen.

Its bullshit like this that makes Nigerians in Akwa Ibom state subject their kids to wicke and inhuman treatments in the name of them being witches.

My stories are from PHC, now we are talking about lagos, the state that brought us missing genitals, Killer GSM calls, Touch and follow, e.t.c.

ABEGI!! Its a bloody lie.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by tpia: 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2009
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:19pm On Jan 12, 2009
tpia:

so how did the person disappear? Did he vanish in a puff of smoke, gradually grow tinier and tinier until there was nothing left of him, or did he morph into a bird and fly away?

Any juicy details?

What abou picture evidence. Afterall 3 in 5 cellphones in Nigeria have camera functions so someone should have caught the whole incident on film, even if it was the post-disappearance lynching.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by chukslee2(m): 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2009
Nairalanders easy on this guy, i've heard this kind of story 4rm my aunty.
In this case the okada man was not wearing any helmet but was insisting that the woman he was going to carry where an helmet, unfortunately for him, the woman wore him the helmet and he disappeared to be later found in a cupboard in his apartment and when his name was called repeatedly by his wife, money started to fall 4rm the ceiling. So what the poster is saying could be true.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by na2day2(m): 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2009
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL funny enough a girl gave the same story u just gave with a slight variation. una too much grin

chuks@lee:

Nairalanders easy on this guy, i've heard this kind of story from my aunty.
In this case the okada man was not wearing any helmet but was insisting that the woman he was going to carry where an helmet, unfortunately for him, the woman wore him the helmet and he disappeared to be later found in a cupboard in his apartment and when his name was called repeatedly by his wife, money started to fall from the ceiling. So what the poster is saying could be true.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:59pm On Jan 12, 2009
Bros I de hail you o!! Happy New year. How Area??

I know say you go always talk am as e dey. No mind all this people wey can like to dey carry all this fake news wey we don hear tire for ghetto. Human beings wey dey turn to pussy and goat, touch and follow, touch and disappear, blow drop, punch and chop grass.  Grin

Me I get Seat belt wey dey make people change to money.
Happy new year Sir!!!!!!!
I scatter my two firewood dey throway salute for you chairman you too mush.

No mind all this nairaland people, if we leave some of them, them go  sew curtain put for gate. grin
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Grizzly(m): 12:56am On Jan 13, 2009
well this threads sort of taking a trend,
Its the believers against the unbelievers,
this time not of the gospel but of juju,
This is just a sick argument, we'll neva know the truth
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 13, 2009
Where can I buy one of these helmets?
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by A2J(m): 5:04am On Jan 13, 2009
Haba Nigerian,

am sure when you ask them, they will keep saying "i heard it from", always second person experience, they never there. its all ready comedy, why will a juju man need helmet to make you disappear and not just that when you sit down, you disappear or touch you. just means to discredit use of helmets.

Like its said, you are what you believe. ignorance or i say lack of exposure is indeed a disease. people get some science education and your eyes will be enlighten.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by giantstep(m): 8:41am On Jan 13, 2009
pls i need help , i write comments , preview and post them and see them on the board only once , is it because i am new or am i not writing sense? (i spell check too)
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by meetyommy: 9:45am On Jan 13, 2009
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Hello fellow Nigerians, i think its nly proper to make sober reflection on everything that is said here rather than dash at conclusion and rubbish the thought of the righter, in every joke or lie smeone tells you, theres an element of truth in it! thats a philosophic saying if you care to know,
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by dipo4(m): 11:02am On Jan 13, 2009
OMO MEN thank God for ma head o, i don carry helmet 4 head twice he be like say ma Okada adventure don end be that. na new year we dey o and na new channel make okada men toke dey hammer be dis. undecided embarassed cry angry
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by jintujinta(m): 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2009
Hm, do they have to wait for the use of helmet before they can kidnap people? Bull s--t! Nigerians have a way of using rumours to kill good intentions. Is it so difficult to apply same juju that is supposed to be in the helmet onto the seat?

Please use the helmet for your own good. if you need a shower cap to protect your skull or hair, please do. if you need a beret, please use but dont endanger your head. use the helmet.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by tytylayor: 2:56pm On Jan 13, 2009
abegi, u dey enter okada? i dnt just buy d idea of dis helmet of a tin angry
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by deoye05: 3:13pm On Jan 13, 2009
wether its true or not
nothing can harm me.
i have a greater person watching and guiding.
JESUS wink
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Okijajuju1(m): 3:30pm On Jan 13, 2009
@ ALL

Its like A2J said, all this shit is just propaganda to stop the use of helmets in Nigeria. Well sorry it wouldnt work.
Like someone said, why would a Native Doctor have to go through the trouble of jazzing/jinxing a helmet when he could just touch you and you would apparate into thin air??
If juju could really make people disappear for real, dont you guys believe that kidnapping would be much easier than it is now?? Why go shoot someone and draw attention to yourself when you could just touch the fellow and poof!! the are gone.

Grizzly:

Its the believers against the unbelievers,
This is just a sick argument, we'll never know the truth

I agree that we wll never know the truth, but common sense can tell you just how impossible this story is. Can juju make someone unconcious?? plausible, Can it make someone ill?? Plausible. Can it make someone disappear?? HELLZ NO.

SO let me ask all the believers of the "teleporting helmet", do you also believe in Killer Numbers, Disappearing genitals, and Human/animal transfiguration??
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by winnipeg(m): 2:50am On Jan 14, 2009
Of course the guy disappeared. As soon as he donned the helmet, his face was invisible to those around him smiley
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by honeric01(m): 4:22am On Jan 14, 2009
IF UNA LIKE, MAKE UNA POT SELF DISAPPEAR WITH THE HELMET, THAT ONE NA CONCERN ME, IF YOU DONT WANT TO WEAR THE HELMET, BUY ONE, OR BUY YOUR BIKE, OR START TREKING, OR TAKE PUBLIC BUS, OR BUY YOUR CAR OR MOVE TO YOUR VILLAGE!!!
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by tayoccu(m): 9:51am On Jan 14, 2009
I am a realist you know. Ritual killing happens and is explainable. But when you say someone wears a helmet and disappeared, unless you can grant me a demonstration, then I will believe.

dude let's set things straight 1st i didn't say the story was true, all i just said is the situation calls for prayers. there are a lot of things that are beyond human comprehension,hence they are called mysteries. now do you have to see stuff happen before you believe? dat's living a risky life (so you mean say you don see both GOD and satan before abi? cos you believe theyboth exist).

What !
Teleport ke ni Grin Haaa ba Bros Tongue
You mean the guy flew into a GSM Transciever station like breeze, & just yamoos go another person village.
NIGERIANS ! Shocked O na too much O !!!
Our people must bring new dimension into stuffs; simply resisting change.
Imagine all those gist say person turn fowl, person turn yam e.t.c na groove yarn !

I know your type always looking for logical ways to explain things, and when things defy logic, then it can't be real.
but guy answer me this if ye please?
since when has the supernatural become subject to logic?

when i hear stories like this I tend to pray, pray for the nation, pray for the people involved(both those rumored to have suffered, and those flyin da stories).

@sojioguns
i resent that comment, you've insulted a lot of people by sayin wat you said.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 14, 2009
^^^ Sojioguns hasn't insulted anyone, he's just been realistic.

As far as I'm concerned, such tales and beliefs are the result of gross ignorance.
In this day and age, how can educated people believe in such rubbish?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mazda CX-7 2007 and Nissan S Thoughts(pics in post$ / The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! / What Tools Do You Carry In Your Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.