Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,838 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! (7810 Views)

Share Your Helmet Experiences Here! Whether Good Bad Or Ugly! / Nigerian Bikers Wear Fruit Shells To Avoid Helmet Law / New Helmet Rule In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Remii(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2009
In fact we should rename Nairaland as "Freedom Square".
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by stancozy(m): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2009
roflmao.! can help but sneez, some guyz even got person al helmet, 4 real, ! tsup shaz
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Raymond88(m): 11:12am On Jan 11, 2009
People can be dumb!!
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by geolabious(m): 11:27am On Jan 11, 2009
@ Poster
[size=13pt]U Must be a joker
This is nairaland not a dramaland ok cool
Well i will advice all my Nigeria people to please make use of the helmet
Even in dad's car i put on my face cap sorry helmet talkless on bike angry[/size]
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by skylooh(m): 11:35am On Jan 11, 2009
ROTFLMAO
story, story, storrrrrryyy grin cheesy
if u believe that, then u will believe anything.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by geolabious(m): 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2009
skylooh:

ROTFLMAO
story, story, storrrrrryyy grin cheesy
if u believe that, then u will believe anything.
[size=13pt]Get me right
Its not funny shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy[/size]
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by sojioguns(m): 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2009
My fellow Nigerians, if the poster says he believes the cock and bull story, leave him now, abi? My beef is he should not post such rubbish on Nairaland. It is the internet and people from far and wide could be reading this. Poster, Keep your mundane beliefs to yourself, ok?
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by toskom(m): 2:06pm On Jan 11, 2009
Does that put there trust in the lord shall never be put to shame.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2009
The thing about us Nigerians i that we never like to face realities even if it is sitting on our noses. The incident the poster narated is nothing new and it has happened many a time in different states of the federation. You guys are quick to forget that no matter how much we try to copy the white man's culture, there are things that are inherent to us. You guys are quick to forget all the strange incidents that characterised 1990's examples, The Cliford Orji Saga in Lagos, Otokoto Saga in Imo, Okija Shrine Saga in Anambra to mention but a few. Do not discredit such stories just cos u haven't seen one (I for one have witnessed the burning of a suspected ritualist in Aba in Abia state), check the number of people turning up missing and tell me if all those people simply lost their way.

On a last note any Nigerian claiming that he or she doesn't believe such things are happening is kidding themselves cos if u can believe in God/Allah as being Good then there must be an opposite which is the Devil and if God has His servants in the persons of Priests, Imams, Pastors etc, then the Devil wouldn't be far behind with his cohorts. So my brothers and sisters shine ur eyes and stop pretending cos u are decieving urselfs.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by aonom(m): 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2009
@ Bronx dog, language please,
The fact still remains that Nigerian's still need more awareness on safety regulations. How can a policy be put in place for the safety of okada riders and some forces just want to bring out the worst in what the government is trying to do.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by aonom(m): 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2009
now would you regard this individual as being reasonable, ?

Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by sojioguns(m): 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2009
@henryskywalker2003, Please can you tell fellow Nairalanders if you have had a personal experience with a disappearing act? The thing is we know a lot of negative forces exist but what you believe in is what will work for you. I know for a fact that I aint disappearing with any darn helmet put on my head. In God we trust.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by henryskywalker2003(m): 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2009
@ sojioguns, I may have no personal experience with such and I pray that I never have, but that doens't mean that it doesn't happen. i mean just take a look around u and u will know. Check out some testimonies people give in various churches about entering a bus or taxi only for them to balck out and see themselves in another place waiting to be slaughtered. If you think that such things will only work on you if you believe in it then think again cos its written in the bible that my people perish for lack of knowledge. The era of wht u don't know doesn't kill u has gone with the wind.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by UNLEASHED(m): 4:53pm On Jan 11, 2009
I don hear anoda!
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by bolyjoe(m): 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2009
is that lie negotiable? please let me know, grin
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by itiswell1(m): 5:58pm On Jan 11, 2009
If dont want to use 'public'abeg go buy ur own. Helmet has come to stay
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Busybody2(f): 6:02pm On Jan 11, 2009
henryskywalker2003:

The thing about us Nigerians i that we never like to face realities even if it is sitting on our noses. The incident the poster narated is nothing new and it has happened many a time in different states of the federation. You guys are quick to forget that no matter how much we try to copy the white man's culture, there are things that are inherent to us. You guys are quick to forget all the strange incidents that characterised 1990's examples, The Cliford Orji Saga in Lagos, Otokoto Saga in Imo, Okija Shrine Saga in Anambra to mention but a few. Do not discredit such stories just because u haven't seen one (I for one have witnessed the burning of a suspected ritualist in Aba in Abia state), check the number of people turning up missing and tell me if all those people simply lost their way.

On a last note any Nigerian claiming that he or she doesn't believe such things are happening is kidding themselves because if u can believe in God/Allah as being Good then there must be an opposite which is the Devil and if God has His servants in the persons of Priests, Imams, Pastors etc, then the Devil wouldn't be far behind with his cohorts. So my brothers and sisters shine ur eyes and stop pretending because u are decieving urselfs.

This is so true sad
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by amebono14: 6:08pm On Jan 11, 2009
henryskywalker2003:

The thing about us Nigerians i that we never like to face realities even if it is sitting on our noses. The incident the poster narated is nothing new and it has happened many a time in different states of the federation. You guys are quick to forget that no matter how much we try to copy the white man's culture, there are things that are inherent to us. You guys are quick to forget all the strange incidents that characterised 1990's examples, The Cliford Orji Saga in Lagos, Otokoto Saga in Imo, Okija Shrine Saga in Anambra to mention but a few. Do not discredit such stories just because u haven't seen one (I for one have witnessed the burning of a suspected ritualist in Aba in Abia state), check the number of people turning up missing and tell me if all those people simply lost their way.

On a last note any Nigerian claiming that he or she doesn't believe such things are happening is kidding themselves because if u can believe in God/Allah as being Good then there must be an opposite which is the Devil and if God has His servants in the persons of Priests, Imams, Pastors etc, then the Devil wouldn't be far behind with his cohorts. So my brothers and sisters shine ur eyes and stop pretending because u are decieving urselfs.

henryskywalker2003:

@ sojioguns, I may have no personal experience with such and I pray that I never have, but that doens't mean that it doesn't happen. i mean just take a look around u and u will know. Check out some testimonies people give in various churches about entering a bus or taxi only for them to balck out and see themselves in another place waiting to be slaughtered. If you think that such things will only work on you if you believe in it then think again because its written in the bible that my people perish for lack of knowledge. The era of wht u don't know doesn't kill u has gone with the wind.
hard but true,i remember d otokoto thingy my sister/second daughter almost fell victim in owerri

for this helmet thingy it might not have happend to me,but i blive it happens,because alot of people give out their testimonies

in as much as I'm in d white mans world,i still wouldnt forget my root or allow d white mans nonsense fool me into forgetting what happens real in my land

one of my hair makers in nigeria entered a bus where she was charmed,smone going to volks in lagos ended up in badagry sad

this things really happen
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Busybody2(f): 6:13pm On Jan 11, 2009
No mind them Sister Amebo cheesy trying to pretend as if this things don't happen because they are on the internet undecided

Its not even as if the "site" helmet which should only be used by construction workers in the first place to protect against falling debris, is going to save them from having their brain splattered onto the pavement in the event of an accident happening, God save us undecided
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by amebono14: 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2009
Busy_body:

No mind them Sister Amebo cheesy trying to pretend as if this things don't happen because they are on the internet undecided

Its not even as if the "site" helmet which should only be used by construction workers in the first place to protect against falling debris, is going to save them from having their brain splattered onto the pavement in the event of an accident happening, God save us undecided

no mind them,this things happen jare,like henry said,if they believe in God then they should know that there is an opposing power elsewhere

sm of them want to see wt their eyes before theyblive ,but they seem to have forgotten that if they see they wouldnt be alive to tell the story sef grin grin grin

doubting thomases undecided if these so called people blive in seeing before they blive then i wonder why alot of them believe  in THE GOD that they have not seen undecided
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Busybody2(f): 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2009
Abio , was in Naija a year ago and a pregnant woman was found dead with the foetus removed, a Chinese man's head was also found decapitated shocked now I don't know whether these things work as intended, but who wants to take chances with such undecided
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by amebono14: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2009
Busy_body:

Abio , was in Naija a year ago and a pregnant woman was found dead with the foetus removed, a Chinese man's head was also found decapitated shocked now I don't know whether these things work as intended, but who wants to take chances with such undecided

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked r u serious? what i know i saw in lagos island one time was a dead naked man wt his JT(privates),eyes and tongue removed

a mid wife in one undisclosed hospital in lagos was arrested and sentenced to death by hanging wt her co horts,what she does is,once a woman gives birth she sells d baby to them money making lot and the tell the mother of d child that she lost her child
until the day God decided to catch her

i wasnt there anyways,i read it in d newspaper and heard it in d news,but in every rumour there is an iota of truth
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Busybody2(f): 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2009
Exactly, i also read about that woman's story too and majority of these things boils down to ignorance, but who wants to take such risks, why should i risk my neck undecided

Assuming the man (whom was killed cos of his JT) head did not gree for the medicine dem wan take am do, he's dead already for nothing, and nothing can bring him back cry
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by amebono14: 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2009
Busy_body:

Exactly, i also read about that woman's story too and majority of these things boils down to ignorance, but who wants to take such risks, why should i risk my neck undecided

Assuming the man (whom was killed because of his JT) head did not gree for the medicine them wan take am do, he's dead already for nothing, and nothing can bring him back cry

my dear u would have imagined d way i felt, i was going to victoria island that day,for 4 days goose pimples were on and off my body

there is nothing in this life my dear,that is why we have to be careful,if they had told d man maybe 3 days before that he was not going to see d end of d week,I'm sure he would have slapped d person

but little did he know he was going to be lying helpless like a child wt no sin that day cry cry sad
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by orenz: 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2009
People. Please wear the helmet. It's for your own good. Meanwhile, i saw one okada man wearing paint bucket in place of helmet while his passenger was  properly kitted. Nija no dey carry last.  grin grin grin
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by amebono14: 6:49pm On Jan 11, 2009
orenz:

People. Please wear the helmet. It's for your own good. Meanwhile[b], i saw one okada man wearing paint bucket in place of helmet [/b]while his passenger was  properly kitted. Nija no dey carry last.  grin grin grin

funny grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

but i no believe u,because how him take see road,which kain passenger go allow make dat kain person ride am undecided
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by igwe11(m): 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2009
orenz:

People. Please wear the helmet. It's for your own good. Meanwhile, i saw one okada man wearing paint bucket in place of helmet while his passenger was  properly kitted. Nija no dey carry last.  grin grin grin
grin grin grin
I look forward to seeing good Nairalanders advertising an original crash helment at  moderate prices here.
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by Busybody2(f): 7:06pm On Jan 11, 2009
amebo no.1:

my dear u would have imagined d way i felt, i was going to victoria island that day,for 4 days goose pimples were on and off my body

there is nothing in this life my dear,that is why we have to be careful,if they had told d man maybe 3 days before that he was not going to see d end of d week,I'm sure he would have slapped d person

but little did he know he was going to be lying helpless like a child wt no sin that day cry cry sad

Sisi Amebo, there is no day that I go to Nigeria that I don't see dead bodies littering the place, and when you ask why they have lain there unclaimed for days, people just shrug their shoulders that the relatives have not been notified, and they want me to come and wear helmet grin

Did you hear about that time boobs and manhood used to disappear too, I had only spouted "koko" at that time, but boy I used to be so scared embarassed
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by amebono14: 7:47pm On Jan 11, 2009
Busy_body:

Sisi Amebo, there is no day that I go to Nigeria that I don't see dead bodies littering the place, and when you ask why they have lain there unclaimed for days, people just shrug their shoulders that the relatives have not been notified, and they want me to come and wear helmet grin

Did you hear about that time boobs and manhood used to disappear too, I had only spouted "koko" at that time, but boy I used to be so scared embarassed

i hear am oooo

i forgot to mention one self,this one happend live in satellite town lagos,d okada man was telling the woman to put on d helmet he gave to her,(funny enoff he had none on his own head)so she refused but innocently sha,she was not suspecting anything,so she keot on saying she does not need it,d okada man was still disturbing her whilst driving,so d woman just wore it on his head and was like "abeg take ur helmet ojare,i no one wear wetin go make me suffocate"as d thing touch d man head d man disappear,okada begin move on its own,so d woman was shouting until d okada jam one pavement like that connected to "shell estate" na so people gather d woman could not talk for like 5 minutes,i happend to be there when she was talking and heard it wt my two koro koro ears
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by na2day2(m): 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2009
amebo no.1:

i hear am oooo

i forgot to mention one self,this one happend live in satellite town lagos,d okada man was telling the woman to put on d helmet he gave to her,(funny enoff he had none on his own head)so she refused but innocently sha,she was not suspecting anything,so she keot on saying she does not need it,d okada man was still disturbing her whilst driving,so d woman just wore it on his head and was like "abeg take ur helmet ojare,i no one wear wetin go make me suffocate"as d thing touch d man head d man disappear,okada begin move on its own,so d woman was shouting until d okada jam one pavement like that connected to "shell estate" na so people gather d woman could not talk for like 5 minutes,i happend to be there when she was talking and heard it wt my two koro koro ears

naija! una wan try. is not like i don't believe u ooo, i did my NYSC in ogun and saw enough wonders but why? una no fit spare the rest of the civilized world all these kin stories?

NB: notice how the real helmet is not in use

Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by skylooh(m): 8:24pm On Jan 11, 2009
@ geolabious

guy i was not refering to you oh , i was refering to the original poster and his immaginary disappering act shocked grin grin
Re: Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! by NnaNna4(m): 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2009
@bronx dog

watch ur posts

it isnt for a dog

no cursin dog

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! / What Tools Do You Carry In Your Car? / Should Okada Be Banned In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.